• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Implement the Korean karma system into NA/EU

42 posts in this topic

Posted

If such a system exists it's probably because KR has much harder karma penalties. I believe killing a players costs something as ridiculous as -200k karma. So makes sense if they get 10 minutes of karma immunity v.s that one players afterwards. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to even attack a second time, without going negative.

So not really sure I want the full Korean karma system lol. Think I prefer our -60k for killing someone.

Exactly. There is. Karma in EU/NA got nerfed. OMG please... frigging please add the KR system to EU/NA 1:1

OMG please. please please
You cry about 63K (Initial and kill) ? hahahahaha how about 230.000?

And the fun thing is: I can wait 10-15 Minutes. Not enough time for you to build it up. And you know what? Ellions Tear brings back EXP-Loss

Posted

You say I don't own a spot? True but I have an analogy for you. Let's say you sit on a bench in a park. Obviously this bench is owned by the government and everyone can sit there and you don't own it if you currently sit on it. But if someone came along and said "move I want to sit here now" or if they just randomly sit very close to you even though there enough other benches you would be pissed. While technically they are allowed to do that and you have no more right to sit on the bench than they do, you will still say "what's the matter with you, I was here first"  

THANK YOU! Every idiot who says "its not your spot" should read this! 

Posted

If you cant hold the spot in pvp you don't deserve it. Have some honor and give it. I 1v1 for grind spots all the time.

Karma bombing is for losers. Take the fight, lose, leave. Period. Go grind somewhere else. 

Posted

Without karma system,a lot of people will be more respectfull,you will think twice before acting like a dickhead.

Posted

The current karma system sucks, people will just karma bomb till someone is negative and then try to kill them. This system is changed in KR where you don't lose karma on a target after you kill them once for 10 minutes. Please change it to this system please and thank you.

Hell NO.  There are too many MK PKs in lowbie zone in NA. 

Posted

it's simple. yes, it's an open world pvp.. but wake up to yourself. if someone's there first, get over it. ask them to join, if they don't, or they are full, wait till there's a chance. i've been targetted simply cus i was grinding, and was there for ages, only to have stronger morons decide to flag without a word, even though i had offered them a group. not only should karma loss remain, it should be massively increased, with a gear wipeout system on it. you should also half ap and dp if you continue to do it. i would accept such penalties if i planned on being an ass, and that's all it is. people being asses..

at the same time, i do believe there should be some sort of penalty for those that run in weak and just make a nuisance of themselves. if they can find some sort of system that would recognise who was there first, and implement the punishments accordingly, you may find the asses won't be so keen on being said asses... but the whiners will always get their way, karma loss will be nerfed to the point where they can just kill at will and laugh cus the other person can't do anything about it. bdo will lose players fast if they implement this system.....

Posted

So... Karma bombing is a thing... of course there are guild dec's that work most the time but then you have guilds who strive off of not having a node to take claim to grind spots cause they can only be flagged on. unfortunatly for the top geared player who is grinding in a spot or taking over a spot HAS too flag to take control of probably the most efficient spot for thier level/gearscore. So in a open pvp game this should be seen as competition, but now add karma. Said player can only take over the spot until they go negative or leave if another player thinks they need the spot more. You could party up and be happy at reduced silver, exp, and skill exp, but thats not efficient for the higher tier player who is probably already grinding the most efficient way already. What can this player do? switch channels? find another player in the same already popular areas cause theres so few? There arent many options and if there is a open spot it takes more time to wait 15 minutes for multiple channel hops. But the player who dies from being unfairly killed can continue to ruin both players playing experience until the said pvp'er leaves. They lost till they won, or won till they lost.

Posted

So... Karma bombing is a thing... of course there are guild dec's that work most the time but then you have guilds who strive off of not having a node to take claim to grind spots cause they can only be flagged on. unfortunatly for the top geared player who is grinding in a spot or taking over a spot HAS too flag to take control of probably the most efficient spot for thier level/gearscore. So in a open pvp game this should be seen as competition, but now add karma. Said player can only take over the spot until they go negative or leave if another player thinks they need the spot more. You could party up and be happy at reduced silver, exp, and skill exp, but thats not efficient for the higher tier player who is probably already grinding the most efficient way already. What can this player do? switch channels? find another player in the same already popular areas cause theres so few? There arent many options and if there is a open spot it takes more time to wait 15 minutes for multiple channel hops. But the player who dies from being unfairly killed can continue to ruin both players playing experience until the said pvp'er leaves. They lost till they won, or won till they lost.

a fair enough point, but removing the punishment also means that you'll get level 60 + characters standing over people at places like sausans simply cus they can. hell i've had people flag on me for a tree.... a TREE.... of all things.. i'm damn sure there's more than enough trees in the game lol. they must keep a check in the game, otherwise the game won't be half as good as it is right now. there's time to pvp, and there's time not to. and 8 level 60 players ganging up on 1 or 2 at sausans is a joke. 

Posted

bring back xp loss in pvp

There is too much random bullying in this game to make this a viable option. I am not talking about defending grind spots here but the randomly killing of people minding their own business. It's always the lower level players in my guild that get jumped while just tending to a farm or riding their horse somewhere. Should they be punished by losing xp as well?

Posted

There is too much random bullying in this game to make this a viable option. I am not talking about defending grind spots here but the randomly killing of people minding their own business. It's always the lower level players in my guild that get jumped while just tending to a farm or riding their horse somewhere. Should they be punished by losing xp as well?

outside of a safe zone = Danger

Danger = chance of combat

chance of combat = chance of death

when you die there are penalties

oh wait...

Posted (edited)

outside of a safe zone = Danger

Danger = chance of combat

chance of combat = chance of death

when you die there are penalties

oh wait...

I was not talking about actual combat. Targeting of someone obviously not wearing armor because of gardening (gardening outfit) for instance and killing them over and over when they try to come back to tend a farm is bullying in my book. I'm not against open world pvp at all, but this kind of behaviour should not be at the cost of the victim. I would actually agree with you if there wasn't so much of this kind of griefing going on.

Edited by Ashni

Posted

I was not talking about actual combat. Targeting of someone obviously not wearing armor because of gardening (gardening outfit) for instance and killing them over and over when they try to come back to tend a farm is bullying in my book. I'm not against open world pvp at all, but this kind of behaviour should not be at the cost of the victim. I would actually agree with you if there wasn't so much of this kind of griefing going on.

Sounds like someone doesn't know how to switch channels

leaving a safe zone makes you open for combat of any kind even from other players, you know the risks even if they're not super likely to happen

Posted

even if they're not super likely to happen

You are wrong there. This happens a LOT. People are actually sitting outside of towns to target weak players. And yeah, you can change channels, but in your design you will already have lost XP from this encounter. My point is still the same: griefing happens too much for your suggestion to be viable. That is the sole reason xp loss after pvp death was removed.

Posted

You are wrong there. This happens a LOT. People are actually sitting outside of towns to target weak players. And yeah, you can change channels, but in your design you will already have lost XP from this encounter. My point is still the same: griefing happens too much for your suggestion to be viable. That is the sole reason xp loss after pvp death was removed.

I can't even remember the last time i left town and was attacked without reason  nor do i see people camp the edges of towns, the only griefing i ever see is karmabombing, which is the reason we need xp loss back

Posted (edited)

I can't even remember the last time i left town and was attacked without reason  nor do i see people camp the edges of towns, the only griefing i ever see is karmabombing, which is the reason we need xp loss back

On this subject I think we can agree to disagree then ^_^

Edited by Ashni

Posted (edited)

I think what we all can agree on is that the current system works to an extent, but fails overall.  While I dont have any considerable solutions for the system itself, there is something out there that might quell some of these disputes.

Kamasylve Channels.  Veteran only (lvl 58+).  Karma deactivated. 

Higher tier players would have somewhere to go to defend their spot freely, which would relieve some of the griefing on the normal channels.

If you like this idea, visit the post here. >. http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/136817-kamasylve-channels-~-a-new-approach/&_fromLogin=1#replyForm

Edited by Brizz

Posted (edited)

The current karma system sucks, people will just karma bomb till someone is negative and then try to kill them. This system is changed in KR where you don't lose karma on a target after you kill them once for 10 minutes. Please change it to this system please and thank you.

Nope NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE! it would result in PKer's abusing the system and killing innocent PVE'rs by just trolling every mob area in the world..

The system isnt perfect but is allot better than what the KR server has changed too. I'm glad that the EU server is not this way.

Edited by NoMercy