• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Does the current economy successfully prevent gold sellers?

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Things gamers used to enjoy doing such as helping guildies/friends are no longer options in this game. 

o.O I help friends playing the game all the time, so I'm not sure how you decided that wasn't an option here.

Posted

o.O I help friends playing the game all the time, so I'm not sure how you decided that wasn't an option here.

I think he's referring to gearing a friend...I'm kinda split about this because there are things I wish I could just give to guildies but instead I have to list in on the mp and wish them goo luck

In the other hand I worked really hard for my gear and it would irritate me if someone came in day one and was just given full tet boss armor and weapons...mostly because how gear dependent this game is

Posted

pearl gifting is borderline rmt and rmt will come into full effect if its not shut off again.

Posted

I dont think I have ever seen a gold seller in this game. Not even whispers from gold sellers.

What do you mean? I get spam from gold sellers all the time in-game.  It just happens that the biggest gold seller is Kakao.

Posted

judging by the names of people trying to scam people into gifting pearls for i assume imaginary t8 horses/weapon box's theres quite a lot of gold sellers 

Posted

The thing is, to buy gold or levels in this game you need to give the "trustworthy" goldseller access to your account lol. Than they grind it for you.

At least 99.99% of the BDO population dislikes the idea of giving a shady site&company access to their account information. I mean, you need to be more or less insane to do that. So probably why they aren't focusing much on BDO. Hard to get customers in this game, since no normal trading.

I still see goldseller spam in chats of course, but really not that frequent. Was so much worse in the beginning of the game.

Loads of normal players trying to trade in-game services for Pearl stuff though. Letting you leech everything from levels to Memory Fragments, if you gift them stuff.

Posted

Most people don't see any because they filtered them out of their chat. Out of sight out of mind. Doesn't necessarly mean it's gone, but people gauge the proliferation of goldsellers by the chat, instead of their actual effect on the game economy, which is too complicated to single out the symptoms of goldselling, namely inflation.

Frankly I think it's still here, if people are still willing to trade pearls for a chance of getting an item on the mp, there are probably people goldselling.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I bet that whole "making you change the email address" thing really deters account selling here in a way that it doesn't anywhere else. Because this is clearly the only game where an account seller can turn out to be a scammer and screw over the buyer.

9_9

Look, this game does a good job of fighting 3rd part vendors trying to cash in on the game at the expense of the rest of the playerbase and the game itself. They deserve credit for that, and they've introduced some real improvements on MMORPG economy controls that hopefully other game companies are paying attention to.

But the sharks are always circling trying to find a way to cash in on this game's success and trash the game in the process, and not every decision the game management makes is a good one for keeping them out. They need to stay vigilant, and not get complacent. It's a coevolutionary race, and it's not over and done.

Gold sellers are always adapting trying different ways of doing what they do that is there sole purpose. Fighting gold sellers is constant battle that never ends. They are always finding a way to adapt and bypass anti hack or security systems. 

That is not what I said. What I AM saying is that in other games, you can easily change the registration email within minutes of getting the account. With BDO, you have to fill out a ticket (that alone can take weeks for a response) and then send them a picture of your picture ID in front of that days newspaper....the whole process of changing your email in BDO can take a month or so. Most other games, it takes literally minutes. This is a good thing...but you missed my point.

Here i though they where just be annoying now it makes sense.

Having someone helping you grind for exp is great help in this game ^.~ 

The thing is, to buy gold or levels in this game you need to give the "trustworthy" goldseller access to your account lol. Than they grind it for you.

At least 99.99% of the BDO population dislikes the idea of giving a shady site&company access to their account information. I mean, you need to be more or less insane to do that. So probably why they aren't focusing much on BDO. Hard to get customers in this game, since no normal trading.

I still see goldseller spam in chats of course, but really not that frequent. Was so much worse in the beginning of the game.

Loads of normal players trying to trade in-game services for Pearl stuff though. Letting you leech everything from levels to Memory Fragments, if you gift them stuff.

You have be pretty desperate or naive to give access to your account to shady individuals >.>

Edited by Dalenos
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yes rmt still exists. In all regions. People are just plugging their ears to deny it.

serveral big names are notorious for having their accounts brought used and power leveled for money. 

KR had  Red Nose Day protest due to RMT.( Google this if you have no clue what happened) about 4months ago I believe.

and a bunch of other stuff still happen to this day.

its just not straight forward as two characters meeting anymore, and continuous patches to stop every new circumvention 

One such obvious one was rmt for ancient relic scrolls that lead to rng cookie drops.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

I'm sure bots and sellers still exist for BDO, but they really curved their advertisement as far as in-game communication goes.