• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Am I crazy? Vangertz vs Rosar

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So someone on reddit rerolled to warrior and asked about shields and two people now have said to use rosar and that most top tier warriors use rosar in large scale pvp.

I have never heard of this and in fact most of the really good warriors I know swear by Vangertz. I know there was a debate here about shields at one point but from all I have read and from my experience Vangertz is just superior and I see no reason to ever contemplate using Rosar.

Am I missing something?

Edited by Wrekks

Posted

IMO the choice is between Vangertz (evasion) or Kite (DR). 

Posted

if you need acc and are going evasion , go vangertz, if your building dr and have accuracy from other sources go kite. if you give 0 -----s and want to do maximum damage and rely on outplaying/positioning to survive in node wars, go nouver.

tho in all honesty nouver is only really that good if its a smaller scaled node war.

there just a sweet spot where the defense shields (in my opinion) shine the most. if the fights too big no amount of defensive stats will save you, if the fights too small you dont really need them in the first place.

Posted

if you need acc and are going evasion , go vangertz, if your building dr and have accuracy from other sources go kite. if you give 0 -----s and want to do maximum damage and rely on outplaying/positioning to survive in node wars, go nouver.

tho in all honesty nouver is only really that good if its a smaller scaled node war.

there just a sweet spot where the defense shields (in my opinion) shine the most. if the fights too big no amount of defensive stats will save you, if the fights too small you dont really need them in the first place.

Where will you put the Kutum in? In what kind of situation? Because when I was a newer warrior I sold my TRI Vangertz for a TRI Kutum.

Now that I am level 60 and reading all these, I wanna sell my TRI Kutum for a TRI Vangertz. Also, I am aiming for Nouver for that AP boost as well. 

Do you agree that I should just keep a Vangertz and a Nouver? Honestly with all these I'm reading right now especially what the OP said about the reddit post, I can't place Kutum anywhere except for PVE. Lemme know your opinions please.

Posted

vangertz is honestly only good in my opinion if your A lack accuracy and/or B are building for evasion.

if your going for evasion you can over stack accuracy anyways and use a vangertz anyways. but its not really needed to kill people.

personally i prefer using red corals and a tree belt with zarka for accuracy + gems. and using nouver or kite.

Posted

My guildy warriors seem to keep a Nouver, Kite, and Vangertz around. Vangertz mostly for the accuracy to hard counter evasion, kite for defense and Nouver for small scale and for PVE. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Okay so I am not crazy and those two guys are retarded.

My response was Vanny/Nouver because that makes the most sense to me.

Posted

Rosar is budget shield... Cheapest to buy/upgrade, has most evasion (though not by much), highest AP after boss offhands (and crappy axion LoL) and 2 gemslots...

Saying top warriors are running Rosar is bit of a stretch, but by any means it aint bad... Vangretz is still probably better for newbies due to accuracy, but cheaper upgrades and one more gemslot aint bad either... And if they are running set with rosar weapon, they are in better state than yuria holders when it comes to acc, so they aint much behind yuria+vangretz combo...

Posted (edited)

These are guys saying they are in top pvp guilds and asking everyone else what guild they were in and saying other top warriors use rosar, which is something I have never even heard from any warrior that I respect.

As for using the rosar set... there is no real reason to unless you just started playing yesterday and even then I would not really recommend using that as I think it is a real waste of resources but I would not knock a fresh player for going that way. But I would move off of that crap ASAP.

Edited by Wrekks

Posted

Question is...what is considered as "top" warrior ? Because one with rosar sitting at 200ap/340dp can beat one with 250ap/283 dp and vice versa. 

Just look at Giken. He has issues killing  300dp sorc with his monstrous 264ap. I understand AP obsession but there is plenty of viable gearing choices.

Posted

its not a stretch to say some top warriors who are stacking evasion use rosar. cause as others said its a good shield, but its certainly not the end all be all.

rosar for eva/gem slots

nouver for ap

gertz for acc

kite for DR

all the shields have a reason just gotta decide what reason your using.

Posted

The only real difference is one less gem slot and a whole lot more accuracy.

Posted

Funny how I don't see "Kutum" being mentioned here. Although what I heard is that Kutum is only good for PVE. Is this true? Also, what is the Evasion value of Kutum's DP? I'm thinking of going back to my Vangertz shield and selling my Kutum if it's no-good for PVP at all as I am a warrior who is currently stacking evasion.

Posted

the problem with kutum is its large draw is the raw sheet stats, problem is lil less than half that (the dp) isent pure dr or evasion its about half and half. the accuracy is nice but its been tested to be a fairly small amount.

overall it just seems like its overall better to either go for nouver kite or gertz.

Posted

the problem with kutum is its large draw is the raw sheet stats, problem is lil less than half that (the dp) isent pure dr or evasion its about half and half. the accuracy is nice but its been tested to be a fairly small amount.

overall it just seems like its overall better to either go for nouver kite or gertz.

Hey i was just testing with a 190AP musa and it seems that I was far more tankier with Kutum than Vangertz. He is not stacking accuracy either. Am I missing something? I bought a TRI Vangertz after reading all these surprising stuff for me but after 1v1 tests it feels underwhelming. Am I missing something? I have not done any GVG or any large scale PVP yet though.

Also fighting a wizard 1v1 there doesn't seem to be much of a difference but that's also because the wizard has decent accuracy.

Posted (edited)

If you play on NA where playerbase leans more towards glass cannon builds then dont worry about Vang. In EU people are obsessed with centaurs, sicils and eva offhands. I carry 3 shields with me.

Vang, Nouver and Kite.

Edited by Chors

Posted

Even in NA I use Vang but I just got  Nouver and those are the two I plan on using.

Posted (edited)

Hey i was just testing with a 190AP musa and it seems that I was far more tankier with Kutum than Vangertz. He is not stacking accuracy either. Am I missing something? I bought a TRI Vangertz after reading all these surprising stuff for me but after 1v1 tests it feels underwhelming. Am I missing something? I have not done any GVG or any large scale PVP yet though.

Also fighting a wizard 1v1 there doesn't seem to be much of a difference but that's also because the wizard has decent accuracy.

You have to stack evasion in order to see the difference and not just the shield alone.  With the shield itself, the point is really just for accuracy.

Edited by YajStylez

Posted

You have to stack evasion in order to see the difference and not just the shield alone.  With the shield itself, the point is really just for accuracy.

I have 2x Evasion for helm and 2x special evasion gems. However I'm running AP belt and necklace. What else am I missing aside from the belt and necklace?

Posted (edited)

I have 2x Evasion for helm and 2x special evasion gems. However I'm running AP belt and necklace. What else am I missing aside from the belt and necklace?

Roca set and buffs for full evasion :). I would say (especially for warriors since we have no evasion procs from skills) that you have to 'go hard or go home'.  But all honestly, warrior's class should lean towards damage reduction as a hybrid to be effective and only using vangertz for accuracy and accuracy alone.  

Edited by YajStylez

Posted

TRI Centaur + TRI Sicil + TET Vangertz with Boss gear is quite noticable evasion boost (Muskans and Dim has lot of eva compared to other parts/other armors). Rocaba is just for minmaxing but i think heve is beter for HP (25+200) if someone dont wanna use bhegs+giath.

Posted

If you play on NA where playerbase leans more towards glass cannon builds then dont worry about Vang. In EU people are obsessed with centaurs, sicils and eva offhands. I carry 3 shields with me.

Vang, Nouver and Kite.

plenty of people going eva in na, especially since the datamined sheet , centaurs skyrocketed in price.

that greatly depends on alot of things, cause about half of a kutums dp is DR, i think its like a 48/52 split roughly. so if you were feeling tankier with a kutum than a vangertz, you might feel ALOT tankier with a kite then a vangertz, atleast vs your musa buddy.

Posted

Roca set and buffs for full evasion :). I would say (especially for warriors since we have no evasion procs from skills) that you have to 'go hard or go home'.  But all honestly, warrior's class should lean towards damage reduction as a hybrid to be effective and only using vangertz for accuracy and accuracy alone.  

Any source of Burning moxie, GS defense and Merciless giving only DR and no Eva?

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't count Rocaba as a big deal AT ALL when it comes to evasion. The biggest pieces are TRI or better Muskan + Dim Tree, as this is a giant chunk of your evasion similar to Kzarka for your Accuracy (you still need TRI gloves+helm, but Giath and Bheg's don't give more evasion than Grunil, Heve, or Rocaba). If you don't have them you can't build evasion effectively. With that basic covered, evasion from food, 2x evasion crystals in helm and Vangertz you would probably see a fair benefit against pure AP stackers who only have Bheg's gloves and a Liverto/Kzarka. However for serious accuracy stackers even adding Centaur belt and Sicil may not be enough - forget it if they use an accuracy offhand. 

Overall it seems like evasion is a high risk high reward choice vs DR. Evasion may be completely nullified by someone with a lot of accuracy, but may make you seem unkillable vs someone without accuracy. DR will just plain reduce all the damage you take, period. It seems like a safe choice. 

Edited by Kutsuu

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0