• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gathering Broken

23 posts in this topic

Posted

my max energy is 276, ive been out gathering 8 times in a row now.... and not a single hard of sharp shard.... like wtf.... i used to get 2-3 per 200 energy when i was noob..... but now ----- all, did they nerf? or make just broken as hell?

Posted

I made this post a bit back.  Just saying...

Posted

My max energy is 445. I am master7 gathering. Today I used all my energy to gather lamb meat. It took about 1000 gathering actions. I got 4 sharp and 2 hard using Lucky tools/Sharp stone of life and lots of patience. My average under these conditions is about 8 shards but with inverted sharp/hard ratio (something like 6 hard/2 sharp). So value wise today was also average for me as is most days.

Posted (edited)

Do farming instead, pruning crops yield more Sharps/hards per energy than gathering can and you don't need any tools for it.  That's even with the Blackstone increased drop rate event on.  Watch this vid.  And yes he says 100 contribution points needed because you can only rent 10 fences and you will want to rent the one that has 10 spaces for crops. With 100 crops your bound to get at least 1 hard or sharp crystal per pruning session.

Edited by LightningFFXIII-4

Posted

Do farming instead, pruning crops yield more Sharps/hards per energy than gathering can and you don't need any tools for it.  That's even with the Blackstone increased drop rate event on.  Watch this vid.  And yes he says 100 contribution points needed because you can only rent 10 fences and you will want to rent the one that has 10 spaces for crops. With 100 crops your bound to get at least 1 hard or sharp crystal per pruning session.

Who has time to prune 24x7? 

Besides, farming got nerfed. 

The most effective way to get shards is simply sheep mountain+ magic collector 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Do farming instead, pruning crops yield more Sharps/hards per energy than gathering can and you don't need any tools for it.  That's even with the Blackstone increased drop rate event on.

Farming requires to be maxed out to be comparable to gathering. And maxing out farming slots (100) requires 100 CP. Investing 100 CP in the right nodes is more profitable than farming and allows for various activities like trading/fishing/Cooking/Alchemy/Workshops to be more profitable too. 

Edit: Also @Claydough is correct, although a butcher knife or skinning knife can be as good too depending on what you plan to do with the gathered resources..

Edited by Graviera

Posted

Notice the post date. Farming isn't nearly as good as it used to be; sometime in the last few months the shard drop rate was reduced significantly. 

Posted

Idk 3 magic collectors and 2000 waragon blood later while doing a horrible GQ yielded 0 hards and sharps.  While logging in to a farming alt to prune for 10 minutes yields a sharp crystals.

Got both artisan gathering and farming and I can tell farming yields more hards/sharps, and you can do it on a lvl 6 naked alt right outside heidel without any tools.

Posted (edited)

Farming has always been a slow but rather concistent source for sharps/hards.

Edited by Korvgubben

Posted (edited)

u just tell me about how u gather loads of one session..... but still like 8 session with nothing wtf... could my account be bugged or something?

Edited by Fearmen

Posted (edited)

I don't see why people would farm specifically for shards.

Despite peoples 'observations' on how they got little gathering this one time (or gone 'several hours' without getting one, which in itself is so statistically improbable that its more likely someone is way over-exaggerating rather then giving accurate accounts or frankly just making up poop emojis), while they got 2-3 more once while pruning, the chance for a shard at pruning is no better then gathering.  Its actually worse since you can't use lucky tools.  It takes double the time since you can't lower the pruning rate lower then 5s.  Then you have to come back several to a dozen times every half hour (if you've set your crops up specifically to get blighted, basically the best case senario and how you powerlevel farming) to do it instead of just one outing gathering goats/rocks/trees normally which effectively have an infinite supply available.   This also assume you ignoring the energy you have to spend harvesting the grown crops for replanting after they won't blight/weed anymore which has 0.00000000000% chance of a shard dropping.

I suppose they value some extra crops and some common alchemy material  more then double their time, a lost in production from 100 CP spent elsewhere and a slight loss in shards.  To each his own.

eg) It would take my Master1 farmer 105min spread out over an entire evening of coming back every half hour if he was to prune his own fields to use up 415 energy.  My artisan Valk gatherer can head over to goat mountain once spend ~55min doing the same and end up with more over time.

Edited by 2monthslatenonamesleft

Posted

The advantage of farms is that it's easy to access, free(no need for yellow stone or lucky tool) and skill level doesn't matter. You can place fence+alt character next to your "home" city and quick relogg and energy dump for potential shards.

I dont have time to use all alts energy on gathering personally. Just gathering up my mains 350+ energy takes over an hour at Master 2.

I have a few professional gatherers I use during drop events, but outside of that I cant be arsed, takes to long with preparation and travelling. Not to mention the lack of lucky&magic tools. Just supplying my main with 3+ a day is hard. I personally feel I get more shards out of pruning than gathering with normal shining tools.

They also buffed pruning(slightly) for shards a few months back. It's not as good as it was during early Valencia period, but still decent.

So having fences for shards is really convenient I think. Even if I also grow for the crops.

About shard drop rates being nerfed, I haven't noticed. It's the normal ups and downs for me. I also had periods in the past not getting a single one in days. Just retard rng.

Posted

Well, yesterday I got 4 hard shards in a row in about 5 minutes. 

Posted

Used 8 lucky steel tools yesterday and got 4 sharps and 10 hards. A bit above average but seems to be working fine to me.

Posted

Well if it was working find then this would not have been brought up.  It was working fine till DK came out and we got DK seals then it got worse then came the candy even worse yet. I use lucky tools all the time Master level 1  in gathering  and no shard for weeks an cannot tell how many energy all I can tell is how many tools and using 3 to 4 tool at a time in my gathering and get nothing tell me it not working right then you can go to fishing. The relic are not dropping everyone in guild say they are getting less and less but I got one last night for 7 hour fishing using fishing outfit  and master 5 but 40 seals so tell me that the seals are not cutting into the number of relic.

Posted

Forced to gather to enchant gear is a pretty retarded mechanic if you ask me. Dont tell me to snipe them off market.

Posted

my max energy is 276, ive been out gathering 8 times in a row now.... and not a single hard of sharp shard.... like wtf.... i used to get 2-3 per 200 energy when i was noob..... but now ----- all, did they nerf? or make just broken as hell?

have you tried using the foods that give you drop increase while gathering? Just Friday I got 3 sharps in 15 min and a hard 10 min later. I only gathered for about 30 min. Also try items like cotton and herbs not just wood. Ore gives me more also.

Posted

Best thing to do is NOT expect anything when gathering, least what I do when I'm gathering hides.

Gotten moments where I get from 0-7 in one go then moments where I get nothing for days, just rng being rng.

Posted

Forced to gather to enchant gear is a pretty retarded mechanic if you ask me. Dont tell me to snipe them off market.

This x 104343453454354^5. There should be other ways to farm them instead of just gathering. Or perhaps a conversion from 100 weapons stones= 1 weapon concentrated stone, or something like that (just as an example).

1 person likes this

Posted

snipe the from the mp 

pre order them 

roll night vendor 

theres so many options, they even let you gather them afk 

Posted

I still get my few shards per round. Nothing changed.

Posted (edited)

snipe the from the mp 

pre order them 

roll night vendor 

theres so many options, they even let you gather them afk 

afk gather? please explain.

Edited by Leozyo

Posted

Funny thing right after the DK and candy event ended last week I started get shards again via both gardening and gathering...

I wonder if this new event will screw this back up

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0