• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Region transfer NA/EU

8 posts in this topic

Posted

First time submitting an idea here, so here goes.

Since I started playing the game about a year ago, I have had many and more joyful hours in the virtual realm that is BDO. From slaying dreadful monsters, setting up trading empires, teaming up with friends to take down larger challenges to becoming a potato baron. There is much to praise about the game for sure. But as we all know there are also a lot of things that have major room for improvement.

Now I understand that a lot of players want a lot of things, and it is impossible to implement every single idea. If not because the idea is not good, then because it requires a lot of programming to combat the current game structure. I would say my request falls in the latter category, yet I think it can be done!

To get more to the point. Since launch in EU/NA, BDO, and especially the community has changed quite a bit. Servers have been merged, content has been added, people found their place in all of this. And personally I must say a lot of my friends have shifted focus to the NA servers for.. a variety of reasons I will not name here. As much as I would like to follow my online companions in their quest to the new world, I feel bound to my old and trusted EU lands for reasons that I think shouldn't do this. I have spent quite a bit of money on customizing my character with outfits. I have spent countless hours grinding my way up and getting gear as well as that sweet sweet silver. I have build respectable empires of trade and am an employer to many and more Goblins that would be stuck in the gutter if it weren't for me.

All of this makes moving to another region (NA) and starting over completely very hard. It would be a waste of nearly a year worth of progress, and many euro's of hard earned cash. Not to mention the effects of the aforementioned employee goblins that rely on my trade to sustain their families! What kind of human being would I be if I left them all to their faith?

So... what is to be done? Give up my dreams of exploring the new world? Let my friends drift off to a vague memory in the back of my mind while I get rooted in the same place? I think not! Another solution rises to the surface, and it is named "Region transfer". Now before my outlandish idea gets shot down, allow me to explain it.

In its very essence, the idea is for players to have an option to transfer their character to another region (From NA to EU, or EU to NA). And with the character, their energy, contribution, dye's, costumes, and more are transferred along. This way, people can freely (Or for some pearls I suppose) move from one region to another if their friends decide to relocate, or for other reasons. I am certain many players would appreciate this option, and it seems to be a common thing in other MMO's. It would be yet another thing that makes BDO more attractive to the public, a useful feature that satisfies both players, and gives DAUM a reason to steal a few pearls from our pocket (Although free would be even better, although very unlikely!).

Now I get that this is not something easily done. A few things that immediately spring to mind are issues with transferring account (or server) bound stats. If you move your highest character, then what is the new energy/contribution of your remaining chars based on? Does it all transfer to the new region or not? Questions I can not answer here, and I am sure the team that will eventually have to work on this will flesh out.

But enough rambling about. I hope this gets a bit of attention.

Cheers,
A hopeful player.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I would also agree for this idea , long time ago in the beginning choosing a server was hard to pick up and I ended as a EU player playing on NA , which is troublesome considering node wars at 3 am . I believe NA/EU servers are the same , getting same patches and stuff . It's not like NA > KR or Eu , just between NA and EU . Service could be either once a lifetime free or paid with pearls . I would be really glad to not waste my months of progress and play and fight on normals hours . Could any CM  put this idea forward , as there are some players that are moving or picked up wrong server.

@CM_Yukimura , @CM_Serenity , @CM_Tytyes , @CM_Aethon

Solution wouldn't be hard . There could be extra warehouse that would transfer all items within it to another Server , of course it could be only withing character , as what happens if player has already characters on opposite server. Please make it happen , I would kill for opportunity to play on normal hours :(.

The only problem would be pets as they are family bound , but if service wouldn't be too expensive I would glady send them to the butcher or if solution would be found for it.Same for workers , but will small steps i believe we could find resonable solution.

Edited by Luxor

Posted

i did a similar post before

Posted (edited)

But you forgot to summons cms ! : p And it didn't draw a lot of attention , let's hope they can at least put  this idea forward . CMS : At this moment people won't quit because of different regions , but i don't see myself in 8 months after i graduate staying up to 3 am waiting for node wars . If there is need for service , it's an opportunity for someone else to provide it and make money . Don't lose customers at some point . NA/EU are almost twin servers , there were no unique events that could affect other server , please consider it .

Edited by Luxor

Posted

Hm, seems like this one went by unnoticed.

Posted

Great post! just like Nevon i would see some changes about this too. i got my main char on EU that i put alot of effort into before this game went easy mode and now im playing on NA because my friend wanted me to start playing again. i had to start over from scratch.. NOT A FUN THING TO DO!

Running around in the BDO World and sees quests and such and im like oh ive already done that how neat! "at EU server" Doh!

Dont even feel like buying pearls anymore because i dont know wich region i will end up in.

Please Notice this issue BDO!

Posted

While I am sure a lot of people would love it, I think its unlikely to ever be implemented. From my experience with other MMORPGs I have never seen server transfer feature and from what I have read on the topic some time ago its more complicated that we would think, and it also costs a lot of money to develop such a system.

Posted

Would be a good idea. More people to play with.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0