• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

DP Still useless in End Game PvP

94 posts in this topic

Posted

How about fixing your game devs?

3 people like this

Posted

no devs here, go to korea if you wanna talk to devs :P

Posted

~9 months ago was promised to fix it after all awakenings. We getting new class (ofc -----ing glass cannon) and still no fix.

Posted

nice memes. meanwhile DP witch in KR tanking 2 GEARED players with zero problem.

3 people like this

Posted

mmorpgs balance in a nutshell  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted

mmorpgs balance in a nutshell  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The DP problem is clearly not a MMO issue, it's a BDO issue, tanks exists in other games you know (and they are not frequently of the cloth-wearing type either).

2 people like this

Posted

The DP problem is clearly not a MMO issue, it's a BDO issue, tanks exists in other games you know (and they are not frequently of the cloth-wearing type either).

I am sure your problem is a part of the balance.

Posted

Full TET Armor, and still getting bursted within 2 seconds. Don't tell me that "this is an irrelevant old video with an old patch," Lacari (I know he's a bad player but he has gear so) is 3/4 TET and 1 TRI ARMOR and he still gets bursted within seconds by RANDOM WIZARD CLEAVE in RBF. And don't tell me that "he should go full DP" try bursting or counter-pressuring (generating threat level) someone with 130 AP. You can't do it, full DP is not viable. The best build in the meta right now is Play a DPS class > Stack Evasion + Lots of AP [Try to get TRI OGRE TRI CRES] > Proceed to faceroll. I'm talking about BS with a .5 to 2 second burst mechanics such as Maewha/Sorc/Wiz/Witch. Mostly the retard classes on the bold fonts though, these classes are god tier right now once you reach the TRI OGRE TRI CRES.

Like I'm all for build variety but the WHOLE system needs to change before they make DP viable. It's disgusting how bad the balance in this game now, I legitimately thought there wouldn't be a more braindead awakening that would come out after I made a thread criticizing KR devs through Ranger and Giant's design. And then they come up with Wizard (and potentially DK awakening).

This game is legitimately an FPS game which is an easier more retarded version of FPS games.

TL;DR Let BDO be your last KR game. There is something about their culture that makes the games that they design absolute garbage. You can't really call BnS or cabal or games with actual good principles KR games though. I'm sure some games can be great even though they were made by a Korean person like BnS which is technically Western in "spirit," but this game is literally a fail culture and there is too many supporting evidence that backs it up.

What else do you pve + lifeskill for, pvp right? And then you see how bad PvP is.

1 person likes this

Posted

"I cant tank people with my full ap setup" 

shit game

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Full TET Armor, and still getting bursted within 2 seconds. Don't tell me that "this is an irrelevant old video with an old patch," Lacari (I know he's a bad player but he has gear so) is 3/4 TET and 1 TRI ARMOR and he still gets bursted within seconds by RANDOM WIZARD CLEAVE in RBF. And don't tell me that "he should go full DP" try bursting or counter-pressuring (generating threat level) someone with 130 AP. You can't do it, full DP is not viable. The best build in the meta right now is Play a DPS class > Stack Evasion + Lots of AP [Try to get TRI OGRE TRI CRES] > Proceed to faceroll. I'm talking about BS with a .5 to 2 second burst mechanics such as Maewha/Sorc/Wiz/Witch. Mostly the retard classes on the bold fonts though, these classes are god tier right now once you reach the TRI OGRE TRI CRES.

Like I'm all for build variety but the WHOLE system needs to change before they make DP viable. It's disgusting how bad the balance in this game now, I legitimately thought there wouldn't be a more braindead awakening that would come out after I made a thread criticizing KR devs through Ranger and Giant's design. And then they come up with Wizard (and potentially DK awakening).

This game is legitimately an FPS game which is an easier more retarded version of FPS games.

TL;DR Let BDO be your last KR game. There is something about their culture that makes the games that they design absolute garbage. You can't really call BnS or cabal or games with actual good principles KR games though. I'm sure some games can be great even though they were made by a Korean person like BnS which is technically Western in "spirit," but this game is literally a fail culture and there is too many supporting evidence that backs it up.

What else do you pve + lifeskill for, pvp right? And then you see how bad PvP is.

https://clips.twitch.tv/mambo3337/ZanyRuffDeExcite

in case you dont know, Acts is a siege level guild, which means their ap are around 260.

Edited by GamePois0n
1 person likes this

Posted

The only way of balancing for PA is creating new classes so you reroll and pay again for weight, etc.

Better don't expect anything...

3 people like this

Posted

How about fixing your game devs?

I thought you did left forever.

Posted

The economy is broken, PVP balance is broken, no trading system. Is there anything left over in this game that is not broken? game play wise. I'm only playing this game because this is the only MMO with top end graphics that can be played SOLO. Other games like FF14 or TERA or BnS u need to PT all the time to stay relevant, BDO is the only game that u can stay on top of the pyramid going SOLO only and that is the only reason I'm playing.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The economy is broken, PVP balance is broken, no trading system. Is there anything left over in this game that is not broken? game play wise. I'm only playing this game because this is the only MMO with top end graphics that can be played SOLO. Other games like FF14 or TERA or BnS u need to PT all the time to stay relevant, BDO is the only game that u can stay on top of the pyramid going SOLO only and that is the only reason I'm playing.

You really can't be on top going solo. People who grind pirates together will always have more money than you and snipe all boss armor off market place. Guild members list items at night to give to one another. Might as well quit now. You'll have to be a fisher man for way to long to MAYBE get top tier boss equips. 

Edited by Vocation

Posted

You really can't be on top going solo. People who grind pirates together will always have more money than you and snipe all boss armor off market place. Guild members list items at night to give to one another. Might as well quit now. You'll have to be a fisher man for way to long to MAYBE get top tier boss equips. 

I already have 240/280 going FULL SOLO. I never PTed with anyone except siege. Ppl don't even dare look at me cuz I'm in the server's top end PVP guild.(I play on JP server though) 

Grinding together with other ppl is the MOST FOOLISH idea for me, less loot, less exp, less skill exp, less everything, I already have the firepower to oneshot everything at pirates so why the hell would I even consider teaming up with anyone? If I see anyone farming in my sight I'd just jump over there and kill all his mobs until he leaves it works every single time.

1 person likes this

Posted

I already have 240/280 going FULL SOLO. I never PTed with anyone except siege. Ppl don't even dare look at me cuz I'm in the server's top end PVP guild.(I play on JP server though) 

Grinding together with other ppl is the MOST FOOLISH idea for me, less loot, less exp, less skill exp, less everything, I already have the firepower to oneshot everything at pirates so why the hell would I even consider teaming up with anyone? If I see anyone farming in my sight I'd just jump over there and kill all his mobs until he leaves it works every single time.

that meme again, yeah post a screenshot of your storage and equipments

1 person likes this

Posted

Of course you claim JP so there wouldn't be anyone...or much...to validate your argument, if you call it that.

Posted

Grinding at pirates in a group literally cuts your profits and exp gain by half once you reach somewhat good gear.

2 people like this

Posted

Grinding at pirates in a group literally cuts your profits and exp gain by half once you reach somewhat good gear.

This.

If u have any decent gear at all u'll realize farming in a group is shit efficiency compared to solo.

Posted

DP isn't useless.. you just have to run 300+.

Posted

try pvp with a 300+ DP wizard then we talk

Posted

DP isn't useless.. you just have to run 300+.

without going under 200 ap, even 210 for some classes and level 60.

UP to level 60 DP isnt very viable without totally losing offensive capability. But DP isnt completely useless as most people think it is.

It definately needs a buff, but not a complete overaul. i think rather than a totall overhaul, the classes that suffer can have their intrinsic DP/health/evasion raised.

and ofcourse stupid things like taking 30-50% more damage from certain types of attacks need to be removed.

Posted

without going under 200 ap, even 210 for some classes and level 60.
UP to level 60 DP isnt very viable without totally losing offensive capability. But DP isnt completely useless as most people think it is.

It definately needs a buff, but not a complete overaul. i think rather than a totall overhaul, the classes that suffer can have their intrinsic DP/health/evasion raised.

and ofcourse stupid things like taking 30-50% more damage from certain types of attacks need to be removed.

huh? You can have 230 ap and 300 dp with tet gear.

Posted (edited)

Let us just say that the "DP curve" is far less impressive than the "AP curve" is. I believe this summarises the whole problem.

300 or 350 or even 400 DP becomes meaningless compared to what 220 or 240 or 250+ AP does (numbers just chosen at random).

Also, should never forget how moronic the whole "awakening" design is, not because it is me or you saying so, but because the Korean devs / designers themselves have already admitted.

So, if you take not just one but two broken "mechanics" together, what do you expect the outcome to be? I would expect it to be a farce, and that is exactly what we got.

P.S. You WILL get "deleted" / vapourised with that awesome 300 DP, absolutely you will. Go and ask a 300 DP Valkyrie and let me know (I am "maining" a rather mediocre / average Valkyrie with 306 DP currently without even having any uber gear or actually stacking DP, do I need to say what happens against most AP stacked chaps? Not even mentioned the LAME ARSE classes either - e.g. wiz, right?).

Edited by Ninnghizhidda

Posted

try pvp with a 300+ DP wizard then we talk

but thats the thing right. 1 class. *2 if you include witch* 300dp wiz/witch are the tankiest class in the game due to the dp, the ability to stack evasion without losing too much accuracy, self buffs, and still maintaining the ability to get top DPS. Warrior and Berserker can do similar BUT with much less efficiency,

1-3 classes can do it doesnt mean all classes can do it easily.

huh? You can have 230 ap and 300 dp with tet gear.

Exactly, TET armour. To be exact, TRI armour and duo/TRI accessories will give you 215-225 ap, and to survive that most classes need TET armour and a TRI/TET DP or Kutum offhand

even then, some classes will rip through 320dp using just 220 ap while still being tanky as ----- themselves.