• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Watchout for sudden severe lag/desync while solo grinding

46 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It can kill you and break your expensive crystals.... GM's won't replace your crystals either...

Edit: Added a video today, every since Saturday when I got killed by lag/desync, I had Overwolf Video Capture on standby just in case it starts happening again and I can capture it.  Below is a video showing ridiculous desync/lag.  Luckily I was at Sausans hunting pk'ers during that time.  Can you imagine if that was in Pila Ku jail or Aakman? lol.  Would had been another bunch of destroyed crystals.

Edited by LightningFFXIII-4
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I've also been having horrible spikes since Wednesday's patch

RIP Elion's Tears and Crystals

Edited by NotBlind

Posted

get a good pc , this game is lagg free :D

Posted

Completely disconnected every 5 minutes atleast for 2 days....

Posted (edited)

Oh Trust me its not a hardware issue, or a internet connection issue.  I'm running this game on max settings with average 50 FPS with no lag/desync since December 2016 when I joined this game and left GW2.  I'm talking about Desync Issue.  Where everything suddenly stops, the mobs don't take damage then you go "Uh oh.lag" then your suddenly "in reverse mode" teleported back to your position a minute ago dead!

You might be in the bottom of the mountain in your screen hitting mobs, but to the server your still up the hill surrounded by 15 mobs hitting you while your character just stands there taking it.  And when it sync's back up again, your dead. Potions aren't going off, "V" doesn't go off.

Tried explaining this to a GM but I don't think he get's it. 2 Awakened Spirit Crystals lost worth 40 mil.

Edited by LightningFFXIII-4
2 people like this

Posted

Since the last patch I've started doing life skills and easy quests during peak hours and farming mobs during off peak hours. this has allowed me to still make some progress without the fear of dying to mobs I can 1 shot because of lag. it's not a long term solution but it works in the short run IF they fix their servers soon.

Oh Trust me its not a hardware issue, or a internet connection issue.  I'm running this game on max settings with average 50 FPS with no lag/desync since December 2016 when I joined this game and left GW2.  I'm talking about Desync Issue.  Where everything suddenly stops, the mobs don't take damage then you go "Uh oh.lag" then your suddenly "in reverse mode" teleported back to your position a minute ago dead!

You might be in the bottom of the mountain in your screen hitting mobs, but to the server your still up the hill surrounded by 15 mobs hitting you while your character just stands there taking it.  And when it sync's back up again, your dead. Potions aren't going off, "V" doesn't go off.

Tried explaining this to a GM but I don't think he get's it. 2 Awakened Spirit Crystals lost worth 40 mil.

there's zero chance they don't know it's going on, they've had thousands of complaints. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Either you're being ironic or you don't know what lag is

Edited by fmgtorres
1 person likes this

Posted

Either you're being ironic or you don't know what lag is

my gess is he's mmaking fun of the devs response everytime someone complains about the lag, I've seen multiple posts where they've claimed all the issues are on our side not theirs 

2 people like this

Posted

I also love how even if you don't lose any gems to a lag death you still lose exp.

Posted (edited)

@CM_Aethon ,@GM_Caramel  

Please for the love of god, do something about these servers. I know you guys can not directly do anything but any information as to what is going on would be great. Rubber banding, Desync Gallore, Reload Screen's multiple times in a row.  You can not give us the excuse that it is our ISP because it's not. 

Conquest is almost UNPLAYABLE the end game content that this game is based around can not even be played.

My internet connection I know among many others is a very solid connection. 

The way the servers are running almost remind me pre mass server merge. 

I honestly think our NA market does not have dedicated server's and they are running some crazy virtual server bull crap. I have been running WTFast working great. On the program it self it has an "EStimated Game Server Location", So swapped to Cal 2 - San Jose Tx. M3 - Dallas TX, Valencia 3 - Boston MA. Are we back to the good ol days of Virtual Servers?

Edited by Ezkeal
2 people like this

Posted

shit is ridiculous, large amounts of people have been complaining about these server lag issues for months and there has still been no actual response not even a admission of yeah we're working on it, just silence. 

@CM_Aethon ,@GM_Caramel   Can you guys fix this soon or what?

Posted

I lost a awakened spirit crystal and a rbf power and a bm carmine crystal from lag deaths today COMPENSATION PLEASE

Posted

EU player here. No problems whatsoever

*tinfoil* maybe it lags because your ISP routes everything through NSA's servers?

Also unless everyone is effected, neither GMs or you can prove that you died because of network problems. No, videos also dont count, because there are too many possible points of failure between your client and the server. So stop whining for compensation.

Posted

I experience the same issues on both NA and EU. Weekend is one thing, where many more comes online, but this weekend just been very very bad.

Posted

I've not noticed any increase in desync/server lag. I have gotten rid of annoying massive fps spikes by using fullscreen though, fyi.

Posted

Happening to my husband and I after a month of no issues. Not hardware! 

It's the you are running around yet nothing is taking damage and then it all catches up, reloads, and you're lucky if you didnt die. 

I was having no issues until I switched chs. Then game shut off over and over. We rebooted everything. Went back in and I'm doing ok but he isn't. It started back up about 10 min in for him. Last 24 hrs it was unable to stay connected. Like I said. No issues for a month till last night.

Posted

On NA I almost never have any issues, but weird stuff has been happening indeed in the last couple of days; multiple map reloads, sudden massive lag spikes. Didn't die while grinding thanks to block and dumb mobs. 

Posted

EU player here. No problems whatsoever

*tinfoil* maybe it lags because your ISP routes everything through NSA's servers?

Also unless everyone is effected, neither GMs or you can prove that you died because of network problems. No, videos also dont count, because there are too many possible points of failure between your client and the server. So stop whining for compensation.

Also EU. Also about 20 minutes from Amsterdam, and not too far from the possible Germany site either (not sure precisely where they keep the servers, but it's likely one or the other based on what I understand). I have also been experiencing massive lag spikes and disconnects in the past few days.

Posted

The cherry blossoms are just like it snowing and when we had the snow the same stuff was happening

Posted

I've actually never seen it this bad. Freezing up when riding a horse and dcing most definitely. But so much of the char fighting but nothing happens and then it all catches up and reloads.. that's new. I had it happen 1 time last week during a race. Was still running then suddenly seeing everyone behind me and passing check points. Then noticing I had no guide line. I could still run but saw noone just notices. Once they hit the finish line it finally caught up to me and then reloaded. Nothing since till last night. Now constant reloading or game shutting down. 

Posted

Heavy Lags all weekend. WTF is actually going on here?

Posted (edited)

Something has definitely changed. Pre-patch/maintenance I can run my horse from one area to the next and not see any noticeable drop in FPS or lag. Post patch/maintenance, and running the same route, I'll see noticeable FPS drops and/or lag from one area to the next. And that's not even in areas with the Cherry Blossom trees added. Encounter so much as one player or NPC on your path, and suddenly everything stutters due to a severe FPS drop (and sometimes without even those encounters). You don't even have to be running into a highly populated area anymore. My rig didn't change at all, settings didn't change, and suddenly  1 or 2 weeks ago (it started two maintenance patches ago) is when it all started.

You can see it in other aspects of the game as well. The Black Spirit Adventure game takes twice as long to load than it used to, there's a significantly longer lag between the time you click the die before it actually rolls compared to what it used to (and yes, I'm smart enough to completely close the whole BDO client and reboot it after each round of playing the Black Spirit Adventure, because that too destroys the rest of the game's FPS/Lag).

Edited by DenverRalphy
2 people like this

Posted

too many ppls online, sometimes even the chat have delay..

Posted

Unless the population quadrupled overnight... doubt it. 

Posted

Nope.

Obviously that the number of people online is a factor, but there were times where a lot more people were online and it didn't lag and there have been a lot of times that there's very little people online and there are issues.