• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Looking for opinions for classes

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey everyone, so currently I am a level 56 Maehwa, am getting bored of this class, maybe cuz am not good with her, but i want to play a class that great at farming mobs PVE, but alost good at 1v1 PVP so i can defend my self from ganker, and good at GvG for future Node wars, 

Posted

Witch or Wizard.  They do tons of damage with no real need for good gear.  They grind extremely fast.  You can always be at max HP.  If you stack DP you will hardly ever even need to heal (and you will still put out ridiculous damage).  The class is broken and OP af.  Have fun.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you, i will give them a try, if by any chance you know a good guide, can you link one? am gana try out Witch

Posted

Guide: 

1. Take Face

2. Put face on keyboard

3. Roll face

4. Get kills

5. Win

3 people like this

Posted

IMO Witch/Wiz isn't so good at 1v1 PVP - it's really the only thing they aren't top tier at. Cue people raging at me for saying so.

Still, they are top tier in PVE, GvG, node wars. 

If you're mostly worried about 1v1 performance and still want to be good in PVE, look at Sorc, Zerker, and Warrior. 

Posted

Yeah a class that can deal 2,500 damage to a player in a single key press (at 190 AP vs 270 DP), then teleport out of sight and heal to full hp could never truly be good at 1v1.

Posted (edited)

Yeah a class that can deal 2,500 damage to a player in a single key press (at 190 AP vs 270 DP), then teleport out of sight and heal to full hp could never truly be good at 1v1.

it is kill or be killed.

The first 1 who gets cced dies.

The reason why the wiz and witch aint good is because if the foe resisted for example the berserker walky superarmor run, there will be no escape especially with the tons of grabs, and charge skills. If it is on a grind spot we definetly win in a 1v 1 because we can hide with the mobs which disables mobility classes. If it is a group fight were gauranteed to win aswell if you stay at the backline.

It just depends if the wiz or witch get focused if they do they will die, if the focus is on someone else we will win.

The witch and wizard are really squisy and the moment they get us when we are teleporting were screwed for 14 seconds that is pretty much a death sentence.

If I were you I would go for the new class DK. It is supposed to counter the current meta, has high mobility, high dmg and aoe's. They exceed in 1vs 1 duels and in group pvp. Theyr also good in pve but they aint as good as witch wizard because the wizard and witch can agro more mobs through some skills.

Edited by Beirut

Posted

When we're talking 1v1, it's the simplicity of the class that is the issue. I'll just talk Wiz here for simplicity, but Witch is similar albeit with bigger weaknesses.

First their main ranged poke is water sphere, which has a 5s cooldown for the float to work. You as the opponent would be braindead not to block, SA, or iframe this attack.

They can close a mid-ranged gap with Hellfire which is a frontal guard. If they miss this attack or you super armor through it, the recovery animation is very exposed.

Aqua Jail, Cataclysm, and Bollide are their super armors. Aqua Jail has a long cast time that can be easily exploited with a grab without taking damage if you get behind them. Cataclysm is pretty fast and it's best to just move out of it or iframe it. Bollide again has a long animation that can be exploited with a grab - also know that 90% of the area of effect of this spell is in front (like aqua jail) and you can dodge behind.

The beginning of their teleport is an iframe, but once it's on cooldown they are extremely vulnerable with no real mobility because the dodges are not iframes - this is something to capitalize on. 

Both of their heals are exposed animations, though the big one Lighthouse is much longer at around 3 seconds to cast. You can pretty much count on them to cast this after a teleport, and a lot of classes can catch them and CC them during this animation - Musa/Maehwa can stop even one tick of the heal from going off if they chase in the correct direction and use stub arrow. 

It's pretty simple to learn the animations of their abilities and learn how to react - nothing about them is blindingly fast the way a warrior engage with head chase > solar flare is. The biggest factor I see when I watch people lose to a witch/wizard in the arena is that they have some notion that you need to get in melee range and brawl with a "mage" class, when that's just playing into a Witch/Wizard's hands by trading blows like you're playing rock'em sock'em robots. 

I do think the class is too strong in GvG and node wars - the heals and buffs are already insanely strong before you even get into the raw damage and bombing ability with protected area, SAs, and at least in Wizard's case an incredibly deadly 100%. It's just that in 1v1s all you need to do is learn how they work and they're pretty simple. 

Posted (edited)

it is kill or be killed.

The first 1 who gets cced dies.

The witch and wizard are really squisy and the moment they get us when we are teleporting were screwed for 14 seconds that is pretty much a death sentence.

Class > Gear > Skill

Some classes can get the first CC and still lose, all other things being equal.

Wizards and Witches are not squishy.

It's just that in 1v1s all you need to do is learn how they work and they're pretty simple. 

Until you get hit once.

Edited by Velexia
1 person likes this

Posted

Class > Gear > Skill

Some classes can get the first CC and still lose, all other things being equal.

Wizards and Witches are not squishy.

Until you get hit once.

unless hes dp or casting he will be really squisy.

If you can't 1 v 1 against a witch or wizard then you have to get your ap up or level.

Posted

Until you get hit once.

If you walk into something and get hit then die in a 1v1, is that really different from other classes? Also, do you expect to win 100%? Personally I win most fights against them on my Kuno when we're similarly geared. It's pretty easy to catch them in a CC. I suppose one that knows how Kuno works would be more difficult, but it's nice being a class that "nobody plays" sometimes. 

Posted

If you walk into something and get hit then die in a 1v1, is that really different from other classes? Also, do you expect to win 100%? Personally I win most fights against them on my Kuno when we're similarly geared. It's pretty easy to catch them in a CC. I suppose one that knows how Kuno works would be more difficult, but it's nice being a class that "nobody plays" sometimes. 

"is that really different from other classes?" - Yes

"Also, do you expect to win 100%?" - Of course not, but I lament that skill is the least important part of this game.

"but it's nice being a class that "nobody plays" sometimes" - I do kind of enjoy this part.

Posted

"is that really different from other classes?" - Yes

"Also, do you expect to win 100%?" - Of course not, but I lament that skill is the least important part of this game.

"but it's nice being a class that "nobody plays" sometimes" - I do kind of enjoy this part.

Ok so you get caught in a CC by some other class and you don't die? Who are you fighting? What kind of gear?

Most fights end with a single successful CC unless cooldowns have been blown or it was a bad CC to start with (like starting with grab on kuno instead of using grab to extend combo). The same goes for Wiz btw... Just one example if they catch you with a water sphere and can't get close in time to capitalize on it your worst case is getting chunked by an aqua bomb and no other followup.

Skill means different things to different people I suppose, but if we are talking strategy and tactics here then it's important. If you just bang your head on a Wizard and try to trade blows with them, you deserve to die. If you capitalize on their long animations then you can easily win - I see this as skill in the strategy department. If you mean mechanical skill... well I'd argue that does exist in this game, it's just greatly dulled by latency. Even with that I see people land clutch iframes and the like all the time. 

Posted

If you just bang your head on a Wizard and try to trade blows with them, you deserve to die.

And if the Wizard just rolls his face across the keyboard he deserves to win.  Got it.  Seems fair.

Posted

Ok so you get caught in a CC by some other class and you don't die? Who are you fighting? What kind of gear?

I think he's talking about just getting hit by a spell and evaporating not being cced.

1 person likes this

Posted

Class > Gear > Skill

Gear > Class > Skill

You almost had it.

Posted

Gear > Class > Skill

You almost had it.

for me it is gear > skill > class

Posted (edited)

Gear > Class > Skill

You almost had it.

Debatable, true for most classes probably.  There are definitely outliers which make Class > Gear

The fact that Class is jumping around the most seems to back me up <_<

Edited by Velexia

Posted

Gear > Class > Skill

You almost had it.

Tell that to an equal geared Tamer vs Witch/Wizard both running Hybrid gear. 

Some are gear>class>skill but u can't admit this is class>gear>skill.

Posted (edited)

No, my point is you get a Wizard with 90 AP and 120 DP vs a Tamer with 200 AP and 230 DP that Wizard is going to get flicked.

for me it is gear > skill > class

This is because you are a Wizard....

Edited by Nox Demon

Posted (edited)

You have to admit that gear is the base requirement for the fight to work. You put a tet boss gear tri gold accessories (250/283) up against someone with duo grunil and blue weapons/accessories (160/230) and the likelihood of the latter winning is incredibly slim regardless of skill or class. It's even worse when the geared player is in an evasion build that the lesser geared player can't even hit but still gets 1-shotted by. Then you have level disparity... Most classes at level 60 are vastly more powerful than at 56. 

Now I have watched cases where the skill and class disparity was so big that one player was able to take off all their visible armor (0 DP) and keep all their weapons/accessories on and still dunk the opponent, but it still required that the stronger player kept enough AP/accuracy to end the fight. 

Edited by Kutsuu

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone, so currently I am a level 56 Maehwa, am getting bored of this class, maybe cuz am not good with her, but i want to play a class that great at farming mobs PVE, but alost good at 1v1 PVP so i can defend my self from ganker, and good at GvG for future Node wars, 

This is a berserker to a T. While witch/wiz is strong I don't agree with them being a great 1v1 class.. albeit they gained much more 1v1 potential after awakening but there's just no touching a zerker 1v1 in most scenarios unless it is  heavily outgeared (Which zerker mechanics help to lessen the curve on gear dependency) or unaware on how to play the class, it is good in PvE even though some would say a tad on the boring side until awakening, amazing at 1v1 encounters and still quite strong/viable in GvG/node wars.

Find yourself caught off guard and you'll die quickly, wizards/witches are typically squishy and susceptible to CC's which = death. The thing that has helped them to remain alive longer now is their frontal blocks/superarmor in skills however the cast animations without cancels leaves them vulnerable if you don't have the proper mind of when to actually use them.. you could easily find yourself stuck in aquajail with no one in the ring all the while giving your opponent the opportunity to just walk up from behind and grapple/strike..

Class > Gear > Skill

The fact that you guys believe this to be a given fact is quite entertaining and almost tells me you're someone who relies on their gear/class to carry them and are lacking in skill yourself, I won't deny that gear and class mechanics are a very heavy part of the game but I've had many scenarios where someone who outgeared me on a class with iframes/evasive mechanics just plain out scrubbed their way to death under my pvp experience.. you can still outplay people in this game, all 3 factors are just as important, What good is a class if you don't understand hte mechanics and have the skill/knowledge to implement the mechanics properly.. gear can carry but only so far..

Edited by Kendrox

Posted (edited)

The fact that you guys believe this to be a given fact is quite entertaining and almost tells me you're someone who relies on their gear/class to carry them and are lacking in skill yourself

And you just invalidated your own opinions.

Edited by Velexia

Posted

This is a berserker to a T. While witch/wiz is strong I don't agree with them being a great 1v1 class.. albeit they gained much more 1v1 potential after awakening but there's just no touching a zerker 1v1 in most scenarios unless it is  heavily outgeared (Which zerker mechanics help to lessen the curve on gear dependency) or unaware on how to play the class, it is good in PvE even though some would say a tad on the boring side until awakening, amazing at 1v1 encounters and still quite strong/viable in GvG/node wars.

Find yourself caught off guard and you'll die quickly, wizards/witches are typically squishy and susceptible to CC's which = death. The thing that has helped them to remain alive longer now is their frontal blocks/superarmor in skills however the cast animations without cancels leaves them vulnerable if you don't have the proper mind of when to actually use them.. you could easily find yourself stuck in aquajail with no one in the ring all the while giving your opponent the opportunity to just walk up from behind and grapple/strike..

The fact that you guys believe this to be a given fact is quite entertaining and almost tells me you're someone who relies on their gear/class to carry them and are lacking in skill yourself, I won't deny that gear and class mechanics are a very heavy part of the game but I've had many scenarios where someone who outgeared me on a class with iframes/evasive mechanics just plain out scrubbed their way to death under my pvp experience.. you can still outplay people in this game, all 3 factors are just as important, What good is a class if you don't understand hte mechanics and have the skill/knowledge to implement the mechanics properly.. gear can carry but only so far..

Tell me how Musa Outplays Warrior...? Unless that warrior is missing the block button on his keyboard :/ 

Posted

By waiting dodging and reacting.

And you just invalidated your own opinions.

Not at all, all I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if you get your ass kicked by someone who's less geared than yourself but knows how to play