• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Zerk population

16 posts in this topic

Posted

I noticed that there aren't that many zerks and was wondering what other zerker players thought was the reason

Posted

1.) ugly, male only class
2.) everyone complains about them, even if you're good, the only reason you won is because the class is OP not because you deserved it
3.) very low burst damage and almost no multi-kill potential
4.) large scale zerks are nothing but a CC bot
5.) the pve is "meh" at best

I have a zerk alt, at one point i wanted to jump on the "omg zerk op!" train and play one, but just couldn't find any enjoyment in the class. got it to 58 and stopped playing it.
I cant speak for all zerks but those are the top reasons in my personal opinion. 

2 people like this

Posted

Pre-awakening, they aren't particularly quick or flashy which is a turn off for most people.  It's a lot of mindless chopping til you unlock your "spin 2 win" move. 

Post-awakening, they're viewed with such contempt in PvP that people don't want to play them most of the time. 

I think that you have to really like the absurd WWE fighting style (each time I grab an enemy the "WATCHOU-----CHOU-----CHOUT" plays in my head involuntarily) they have in order to fully enjoy the class, not just because they're so broken.

Posted (edited)

I noticed that there aren't that many zerks and was wondering what other zerker players thought was the reason

I'll give another viable reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jMl5Yn6vyY

This guy actually sucks on Zerk and I think Ozimir would destroy this sorc. But SORC can literally burst a full TET x2 rocaba x2 boss kutum target with the highest hp pool within seconds. And Wizard? Don't get me started.

https://clips.twitch.tv/twirow/SleepyLyrebirdKAPOW

There's no point in playing a single target class for "end-game pvp" when you can just be a wizard or a sorc and still be "okay" in 1v1s while being "godly" in sieges where you get payouts.

I made a thread a while ago when I actually criticized Zerk and Ranger for being the strongest awakening, and I thought to myself.. they can't put anymore retarded awakenings after those right? Welp they just did. It was naive to think that.

And since almost EVERYBODY and their mothers have TRI CRESCENT TRI OGRE, the meta is literally one shot KO .5 second burst nowadays. Top guilds like Vision for example don't have many Zerks as far as I know.

TL;DR AoE 0.5 to 2 second bursts REIGN SUPREME, and Zerk can't really do that. They're strong in 1v1s so if you want to defend a spot they're okay for that (And the sad part is you can still lose to retard classes like Sorc even though it's probably the best 1v1 class) but nowadays, everybody just lifeskills after level 60 and do sieges for PvP.

P.S KR devs are absolute garbage, I would say try out another game if you want a "viable tank" because spoiler alert: none of the tanks are actually viable.

Edited by andy1213
1 person likes this

Posted

Idk what it is with zerks really. I run into some that don't seem to do much damage, and take a full 4x grab chain to kill me (and sometimes don't). Then I run into others, such as one in my guild that kill me in 1 CC chain often before even grabbing me. This guy only has 190AP so having a ton of AP doesn't explain it. The CC chain he does is in awakened form and seems to be a stun>stiff>float kind of deal, but I'm no zerker player. I do know that just looking at damage modifiers and all the air/down attack options, the damage can't be as bad as people claim it is. 

Posted (edited)

Idk what it is with zerks really. I run into some that don't seem to do much damage, and take a full 4x grab chain to kill me (and sometimes don't). Then I run into others, such as one in my guild that kill me in 1 CC chain often before even grabbing me. This guy only has 190AP so having a ton of AP doesn't explain it. The CC chain he does is in awakened form and seems to be a stun>stiff>float kind of deal, but I'm no zerker player. I do know that just looking at damage modifiers and all the air/down attack options, the damage can't be as bad as people claim it is. 

its called Z buff + FD 10sec buff (16AP) and useing float combos... and not just go for grab grab grab 99% do

edit: with Z buff we reach 100% critchance -> slugfest / blasting with 100% crit + air/downdmg is brutal

Edited by Heliantus
1 person likes this

Posted

In 1v1s that's fine but blasting and slugfest don't have superarmor or frontal guard

Posted

In 1v1s that's fine but blasting and slugfest don't have superarmor or frontal guard

blasting yes
slugfest no thats all about positioning and knowing when to use... slugfest is usefull anytime in node/sieges

ofcourse you cant use it mindless like devastation, groundlift etc

Posted

Idk about most people but i came from Wiz to Zerker. Simply because I suck at 1v1 on Wiz, Most of the time im getting out dps or something similar and im also a squishy old man. I just like the playstyle of Zerker, i like the whole body slamming gig ( papa bless them grab chains ) and everything about the class makes me happy. Every class trys to shit on us because they arent capable of giving someone zero chance of doing anything if the Zerker is playing the class right. im in my eyes classes that get mad about grab chains are just butthurt because they cant do anything about it. 

ALL HAIL THE ZERKER CLASS

HAZAHH!!!

Posted

I see new zerkers every day asking questions, it takes a special breed of person to play zerk. We just want to give you a hug. It's not a good first class to play BDO, it is a good class to have as an alt or a re-roll though.

Posted (edited)

I see new zerkers every day asking questions, it takes a special breed of person to play zerk. We just want to give you a hug. It's not a good first class to play BDO, it is a good class to have as an alt or a re-roll though

I agree that liking zerker is not the most common thing, but the more you play it, the more you like it. It gets better and better with gear and skills, and the awakening is great fun and actually isn't that easy to play, which gives the class some flavour. I wouldn't recommend it as an alter (if it's meant to farm mobs or anything else than failstacking and energy bank) as it's heavy gear and level reliant. 

I fell in love with the class at first sight, but that's just me, I always preferred massive, brute characters.

edit: misunderstood at first.

Edited by PardoBear

Posted

I think that you have to really like the absurd WWE fighting style

This is why I main zerker.

Posted

This is why I main zerker.

LOOK AT HIS PROFILE PICTURE HE'S GOT THE MAIN MAN RANDY SAVAGE!!!

THIS MAN BLEEDS WWE

Posted (edited)

Looking for John Cena template if someone have ze skills to do it gona gift him a valuepack as a reward

Btw no idea why you talk zerks are low population in my guild we usualy have 5~7zerks from30~40 ppl node war.

Edited by qsk
1 person likes this

Posted

I really love wrestling.

RxRTgdo.jpg

Really love.

rxrtgdo-jpg.7683