• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kutum boss mechanics

5 posts in this topic

Posted

It seems that some of you either still don't know the fight(perhaps being too new or just never really bothered to go to encounter all that much), or choose to actively do things that will prolong the fight. This is more or less for those of you in the former because the rest of you can f*ck right off. 

There's one attack Kutum has, only one, that ONLY happens when someone is outside of mid-range. I main wizard, and I've been doing kutum since it launched. It only dawned on me a few months ago that this is how the attack works. You know that attack that, for some, can deal a hefty amount of damage and leave you stunned? The one that Kutum likes to chain into the vacuum? The ONLY reason that attack happens at all is because Kutum has targeted someone OUTSIDE of mid-range to attack, and then 9 times out of 10 changes his target to someone else. Very rarely do you see him do the air-blast/screech/w.e you wanna call it attack towards the actual targeted person. Most of the time, the person causing the attack is the safest person fighting kutum when it comes to that attack.

The time it doesn't hit the ranged person with the attack, it usually spreads the damage amongst EVERYONE else in the fight at random. I've been hit with it before and seen people also get stunned from it on the other side of kutum. The attack is broken. 

2017-03-03_15826057.thumb.PNG.4a9509a83c

This screenshot is a good idea of how close to stay to Kutum to avoid it using the attack one anyone fighting it. I'm pretty much at the edge, bit further away than I'd like to be(prefer to stay in melee range without pet).

Anyone farther away from Kutum will cause him to do the attack. You don't even need to be attacking him, just being in long-range distance cause the attack to be an option for Kutum. 

This includes you people waiting in the tunnel. If you are too lazy to contribute to the fight or if the frame drop is so high that you can't partake, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STAY THE F*CK FURTHER BACK IN THE TUNNELS. You are also causing Kutum to choose the ranged kill attack when attacking.

One more thing: Kutum has a chance after the Vacuum attack to do the ranged kill(even chaining the attack) IF anyone is outside of mid-range. When he starts to prepare the vacuum, the time it takes for a wizard to double teleport away is enough time to wait before moving back. I always double TP away, then start shift running back. I never get hit and I'm always back inside the safe zone to avoid being the reason the attack happens.

Everything else is fine, but ffs could you people doing kutum stop being little chicken-shits hiding in long-range distance? You're causing issues for the melee fighters, getting some of them killed(I saw a giant killed because of the attack) and slowing the fight down because people need to heal the damage being done when it could be completely avoided. I had to flag on someone this morning because of it after explaining it a few times to people. 2 or 3 ignored it and kept doing shit in ranged - one being an awakened witch. 

For those of you new to the fight, please stay close to melee regardless of your class/gear score. Learn to dodge or block the attacks. If you end up outside of mid range, get back inside asap. Most likely you will die. It takes a bit of dying to learn the fight properly. Higher than normal DP helps a lot. 260-275 DP is enough to survive hits 280-295 is enough to not care if you get hit and anything higher feels like fighting an awakened boss scroll. Learning the fight is important - regardless of gear, and if you're there on an alt just for aura, dying shouldn't be something you care about, but finishing the fight faster should be so please avoid staying outside of mid range.

One last thing: those of you that died and come back, while you're trying to get into mid-range you can cause kutum to do the attack. I'd suggest waiting until he dives underground or using some movement skill to get your butts into the save zone. 

If anyone has anything else to add to this, feel free. 

3 people like this

Posted

Ya super annoying when does it back to back like 6 times..... even TET/TRI boss armor it takes nearly 50% of my hp.... and theres no indicator that its going to hit you so you basically have to block the whole time till he stops shooting that shit .  Which means you aren't dpsing.

Posted

It seems that some of you either still don't know the fight(perhaps being too new or just never really bothered to go to encounter all that much), or choose to actively do things that will prolong the fight. This is more or less for those of you in the former because the rest of you can f*ck right off. 

There's one attack Kutum has, only one, that ONLY happens when someone is outside of mid-range. I main wizard, and I've been doing kutum since it launched. It only dawned on me a few months ago that this is how the attack works. You know that attack that, for some, can deal a hefty amount of damage and leave you stunned? The one that Kutum likes to chain into the vacuum? The ONLY reason that attack happens at all is because Kutum has targeted someone OUTSIDE of mid-range to attack, and then 9 times out of 10 changes his target to someone else. Very rarely do you see him do the air-blast/screech/w.e you wanna call it attack towards the actual targeted person. Most of the time, the person causing the attack is the safest person fighting kutum when it comes to that attack.

The time it doesn't hit the ranged person with the attack, it usually spreads the damage amongst EVERYONE else in the fight at random. I've been hit with it before and seen people also get stunned from it on the other side of kutum. The attack is broken. 

2017-03-03_15826057.thumb.PNG.4a9509a83c

This screenshot is a good idea of how close to stay to Kutum to avoid it using the attack one anyone fighting it. I'm pretty much at the edge, bit further away than I'd like to be(prefer to stay in melee range without pet).

Anyone farther away from Kutum will cause him to do the attack. You don't even need to be attacking him, just being in long-range distance cause the attack to be an option for Kutum. 

This includes you people waiting in the tunnel. If you are too lazy to contribute to the fight or if the frame drop is so high that you can't partake, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STAY THE F*CK FURTHER BACK IN THE TUNNELS. You are also causing Kutum to choose the ranged kill attack when attacking.

One more thing: Kutum has a chance after the Vacuum attack to do the ranged kill(even chaining the attack) IF anyone is outside of mid-range. When he starts to prepare the vacuum, the time it takes for a wizard to double teleport away is enough time to wait before moving back. I always double TP away, then start shift running back. I never get hit and I'm always back inside the safe zone to avoid being the reason the attack happens.

Everything else is fine, but ffs could you people doing kutum stop being little chicken-shits hiding in long-range distance? You're causing issues for the melee fighters, getting some of them killed(I saw a giant killed because of the attack) and slowing the fight down because people need to heal the damage being done when it could be completely avoided. I had to flag on someone this morning because of it after explaining it a few times to people. 2 or 3 ignored it and kept doing shit in ranged - one being an awakened witch. 

For those of you new to the fight, please stay close to melee regardless of your class/gear score. Learn to dodge or block the attacks. If you end up outside of mid range, get back inside asap. Most likely you will die. It takes a bit of dying to learn the fight properly. Higher than normal DP helps a lot. 260-275 DP is enough to survive hits 280-295 is enough to not care if you get hit and anything higher feels like fighting an awakened boss scroll. Learning the fight is important - regardless of gear, and if you're there on an alt just for aura, dying shouldn't be something you care about, but finishing the fight faster should be so please avoid staying outside of mid range.

One last thing: those of you that died and come back, while you're trying to get into mid-range you can cause kutum to do the attack. I'd suggest waiting until he dives underground or using some movement skill to get your butts into the save zone. 

If anyone has anything else to add to this, feel free. 

Did you just assume the depth of my knowledge? 

You're basically telling ppl exactly what to do to trigger you.

Gj

Posted

Did you just assume the depth of my knowledge? 

You're basically telling ppl exactly what to do to trigger you.

Gj

I know.. I knew going into this that that would probably happen..
Not much I can do if I'm going to try to "help" people get better, and they choose to be dicks about it.

Congrats! All of you that do everything you can to make kutum fights last longer than they need to be, are wasting everyone's time including your own!
The fights could be done quicker, but you chose to stretch it out, get people killed in the process! Kudos to you kiddies that feel that the following are worth the sacrifice:

1. Time spent grinding your next level out.
  2. Time spent processing materials for crates.
  3. Time spent grinding for drops.
  4. Time spent grinding for silver.
  5. Time spent doing AS many Kutum's as you can in the train, for the highest potential of a box drop.
  6. Time spent grinding skill points out.
  7. Time spent doing any -----ing thing other than a long as ----- Kutum fight.

Maybe you go to just one Kutum fight a day, but there's no real reason to want to stretch it out other than being a -----ing -----.

Posted

I know.. I knew going into this that that would probably happen..Not much I can do if I'm going to try to "help" people get better, and they choose to be dicks about it.

Congrats! All of you that do everything you can to make kutum fights last longer than they need to be, are wasting everyone's time including your own!
The fights could be done quicker, but you chose to stretch it out, get people killed in the process! Kudos to you kiddies that feel that the following are worth the sacrifice:

1. Time spent grinding your next level out.
  2. Time spent processing materials for crates.
  3. Time spent grinding for drops.
  4. Time spent grinding for silver.
  5. Time spent doing AS many Kutum's as you can in the train, for the highest potential of a box drop.
  6. Time spent grinding skill points out.
  7. Time spent doing any -----ing thing other than a long as ----- Kutum fight.

Maybe you go to just one Kutum fight a day, but there's no real reason to want to stretch it out other than being a -----ing -----.

Waw you're rly triggered by this.

What if I don't like waiting too long for the channel timer without doing anything? I'd want the kutum fight to be exactly 15 minutes so I don't have to sit around doing nothing or have to skip one down the train.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0