• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Node 10 weirdness.

42 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ok i usually dont complain about droprate in grinding games like Bdo and such but..something it appears to be off to me.

Let me just say something before everyone jumps at my throat, i've been playing the game since day 1 and usually my main income is grinding mobs for drops.

Since day 1 i always tryied to gain the most gold off monsters, such as Witch's Earrings skeletons at Hexe, etc. I always level up nodes to maximum and reset knowledge till i get  rank S on everything im killing.

This always payed me very well, i made bilions when the game came out. Had a pretty constant droprate of 2 or 3 witch's earring per an 7 hour farming session back then.

Then i quit the game for roughly one year and came back recently, looked for some good thing to farm and deciced to farm Basilisk's Belt and Ring of the Crescent Guardian.

So i started leveling up nodes.

In the process of leveling up nodes i got quite a lot of belts and rings. usually i farm for 4 or 5 hours straight, with node level 5 and 6 i was getting lots of drops, ancient scrolls, rocaba armor, and managed to get myself a Pri Basilisk's belt, and quite a good amount of rings.

Now im just saying this because i usually farm a lot, its the most thing i do in the game, the thing is, some days ago (precisely 5) i've hit level 10 node on basilisk, with all rank S mobs, since then i've been farming on and off for 6 hours minimum and the average drops i got at best was 2 scrolls and 1 rocaba armor over 6+ hours non stop grinding x 4 days straight.

Now this seems very very odd to me, but i keep trying and today was the 5th day this behaviour keep happening, hence why im posting here.

The droprate decreased immensely after i hit level 10 node. I didnt get a single belt, neither the pins/rings/belt, nor getting a good amount of scrolls/drops in general like when i had the node at level 5/6. i was making milions and the time spent was rewarding. Now it is extremely wasted. Im talkin in almost one week farming daily for 5+ hours.

Now i get RNG is RNG, but this looks to me really broken. Am i missing something here? Are nodes level 10 broken? and if so, how did someone overlook something this ground breaking?

Anyone have experienced the same?

Look i dont pretend to get a belt every 10 minutes, but before reaching level 10 node, i was farming everyday the same amount of time and i was getting a lot of drops constantly , for more than 20 days now. So this is extremely odd to me and its a very noticeable difference.

So again, anyone on this? had same behaviour?

Edited by MaxVespir
1 person likes this

Posted

Could of just been really lucky, but I know that overstacking - at least with knowledge gain - causes issues. My guildie did that with t4 birds and wasn't getting knowledge as consistantly as he was before using them. Could be something similar. I had a level 10 rogues node that never gave me belts. I got more belts from a lvl 0 node than a level 10. I've also been farming Centaurs for belts recently and haven't bothered to touch w.e node its linked to because I consistantly get soiled belts from them with a lvl 0 node. Another two guild members of mine had the same thing happen during a centaur kill quest.

Perhaps having max luck + rank 10 node = overstacking luck and its causing issue with drops? Idk
Could also just be poor RNG..

Posted

Just tinfoil it. Once you're at a node lvl where you consistently get good drops just don't touch it again, unless the drops start to decrease, then go up by one or reset. 

Works for me mostly, meh?

Posted

Those snake guys HATED my level 10 node so I discoed it. Like kill 10k get a_blackstone_armor hate, like seething mega bad, GBD voodoo dolls hate. Went on until I discoed it. Now they love me again, I get loads more loot and belts. 

Posted

same was getting good drops then lvl 10 node, nothing except maybe a roccaba piece, pre lvl 10 i was getting gems, baslisk belt pieces, baslisk belts, scrolls but suprisingly no roccaba

Posted

Ok i usually dont complain about droprate in grinding games like Bdo and such but..something it appears to be off to me.

Let me just say something before everyone jumps at my throat, i've been playing the game since day 1 and usually my main income is grinding mobs for drops.

Since day 1 i always tryied to gain the most gold off monsters, such as Witch's Earrings skeletons at Hexe, etc. I always level up nodes to maximum and reset knowledge till i get  rank S on everything im killing.

This always payed me very well, i made bilions when the game came out. Had a pretty constant droprate of 2 or 3 witch's earring per an 7 hour farming session back then.

Then i quit the game for roughly one year and came back recently, looked for some good thing to farm and deciced to farm Basilisk's Belt and Ring of the Crescent Guardian.

So i started leveling up nodes.

In the process of leveling up nodes i got quite a lot of belts and rings. usually i farm for 4 or 5 hours straight, with node level 5 and 6 i was getting lots of drops, ancient scrolls, rocaba armor, and managed to get myself a Pri Basilisk's belt, and quite a good amount of rings.

Now im just saying this because i usually farm a lot, its the most thing i do in the game, the thing is, some days ago (precisely 5) i've hit level 10 node on basilisk, with all rank S mobs, since then i've been farming on and off for 6 hours minimum and the average drops i got at best was 2 scrolls and 1 rocaba armor over 6+ hours non stop grinding x 4 days straight.

Now this seems very very odd to me, but i keep trying and today was the 5th day this behaviour keep happening, hence why im posting here.

The droprate decreased immensely after i hit level 10 node. I didnt get a single belt, neither the pins/rings/belt, nor getting a good amount of scrolls/drops in general like when i had the node at level 5/6. i was making milions and the time spent was rewarding. Now it is extremely wasted. Im talkin in almost one week farming daily for 5+ hours.

Now i get RNG is RNG, but this looks to me really broken. Am i missing something here? Are nodes level 10 broken? and if so, how did someone overlook something this ground breaking?

Anyone have experienced the same?

Look i dont pretend to get a belt every 10 minutes, but before reaching level 10 node, i was farming everyday the same amount of time and i was getting a lot of drops constantly , for more than 20 days now. So this is extremely odd to me and its a very noticeable difference.

RNG I think, I did get crazy amount of drop since I leveled up nodes that I farm to lvl 10. I think you just had bad drop. For me lvl up to 10 made me earn 3 mil/per hour more than when I had no node at all.

Posted

Be glad it happened to you now... We are talking about it since beta, that node rank is bugged... And its not only level 10... It bugs out during leveling up and you stop getting loot beside trash... SOmetimes it does increase up to 10 but rarely... Usually rank 5 is safe mileage... And if it bugs out, you can reset and level it up easily again up to that point...

Posted

Spotted that lvl 6 at sausans was giving more drop. 

Posted

well this is really a bummer.. damn it, takes so much energy to get to 10 and discover this.. i wonder if they are going to fix this.

Posted

Starting with Node level 5 I get decreased rare drops such as MoS, Witches and Tsb as well as Boss Scrolls. I made no fancy google Spreadsheet but "tested" it for myself over the course of hundreds of hours grinding and I always started getting less drops with Node lvl 5, always. From getting 0-3 Drops/hour it went to 0-1 drops/4-5hours. At this point I dont level any Node higher than 3 anymore, there definitely is something bugged and everyone who says otherwise hasnt grinded a substantial amount of time.

Personally I believe that some Values must have been mixed up, making a Node lvl 10 act like a lvl 1-3 and Node lvl 3/4 acts like lvl 9 or 10.

There is also the possibility that its "working as intended" - making everything drop more often and decreasing the Chance for rares. For example

0.1% Chance rare drop

1% Boss Scroll

49.9% Trashloot 1

49% Trashloot 2

Lets assume Node lvl 10 increases dropchances by 50%, thatd mean

0.15% Chance rare drop

1.5% Boss Scroll

74,85% Trashloot 1

73,5% Trashloot 2

--> with lvl 10 youd have a much higher Chance of getting Trashloot even with the increased dropchance of the Rares, because +50% of 49% > +50% of 0.1%

1 person likes this

Posted

For example, I get sometimes 3 scarla , 4 books and many heve's armor per hour with node lvl 0 but recently I leveled up my node to 6.... I get nothing for 3 days of grinding (same for heve's armor). So, I bring back my node to lvl 0 and like expected my droprate increased.

Posted

The testing done by BigandShiny is very telling, that's a lot of research to show that node investment is a pointless waste of energy. 

Posted

well i think this is quite game breaking especially for people like me that base their own income from farming mobs. Would be nice if they would look into it but i doubt it..

Posted

Disconnect the node then 

Posted

Node levels are broken. This has been tested thousands of times by thousands of people.

Posted

I have idea how could it work.
There could be same mechanics used like when fishing on abundant spot.
If you grind too much too often the abundant spot depletes. The level of node then could determine how long you can grind till node depletes or how fast it replenishes . Once depleted it doesnt matter if its 10 or 1
I started to rotate grind spots so I dont grind at the same node all the time and it seems I get better drops. Sofar I am rotating basilisk lvl10, cadry lvl10, crescents lvl7. Later I will add  to my rotation ghaz lvl7 and pila ku lvl7. 

Posted

CM_Aethon said:

Greetings All,

First off we'd like to thank everyone involved in the detailed testing, well written posts, and of course sharing your data. We've looked into the concerns expressed here, in addition to speaking directly with the developers regarding the effect of node levels, in which they have confirmed the mechanic is working correctly.

Not broken, "working as intended."  See this thread: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/118513-node-level-and-knowledge-rank-test/&page=5

Posted

CM_Aethon said:

Greetings All,

First off we'd like to thank everyone involved in the detailed testing, well written posts, and of course sharing your data. We've looked into the concerns expressed here, in addition to speaking directly with the developers regarding the effect of node levels, in which they have confirmed the mechanic is working correctly.

Not broken, "working as intended."  See this thread: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/118513-node-level-and-knowledge-rank-test/&page=5

Then the intended inner workings of node investment is a useless concept that should be scrapped or rethought, just saying.

Posted

I've started disconnecting my nodes as all the invested nodes just give me trash drops, the odd scroll and nothing rare.

Posted

I have Rank S on Ogres, and two level 10 Nodes, and I have never once gotten an Ogre Ring.  I also believe level 10 nodes are broken.

Posted

Level 10 node does nothing.

Posted

I don't know what your deal is but it would be nice to think they increased drop on some of this 'rare' stuff. If you wanted to Pen a set of witch you would need hundreds. I've farmed at Hexe maybe 10 hrs with no investment, I won't lie but I've never seen a witch earring except from a box.

Posted

well just to give you guys an update. I deleted my level 10 node and started from level 1, boosted from 1 to 3, farmed for 4 hours yesterday and i got:

7 Ancient scrolls (just wow lol)

6 rocaba armor

3 Basilisk's Piece - Ring

4 Basilisk's Piece - Alignment Pin

4 Black Magic Crystal Assault

Now considering this is in few hours of farming compared to 6+ hours on a level 10 node where i was getting basically nothing, i feel that the level 10 node is seriously -----ed up.

what a shame.

Posted

Qualitatively, I've had the same experience.  Node 2-3 better drops than node 10

1 person likes this