• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A few questions from a newly awakened 56 witch...

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I just finished my awakened quest last night, and realized I now have to totally relearn the class.     Since the awakening was just released in Dec, there's not nearly as much info out there as for pre-awakening and for other jobs, so I just had a few questions.

I was worried about getting the perfect skill reset after awakening, but I realized that at 56, there's only so much you can do in your awakened line since most of it is still unlocked.

I have a +15 yuria staff.... Do I still need to worry about upgrading it since it is so rarely used now?     I'm not exactly sure what my ap is now that awakened has been thrown in the mix.    Before it was 126 ap/170 dp....Now I have 126 ap/111 awakened ap/170 dp.... Does adding all these up equal my gearscore, or just the awakened ap?

I picked up a +12 pri green orb rather than upgrading my quest reward blue one (just because it was really cheap and i wanted a quick ap boost), but I'm not sure which weapon I should be striving towards.     Should I slowly start taking my blue orb up now?  (I'm not worried about end game weapons yet).

Am I correct in assuming that my 2 summons are for DMG (lightning) and tanking(earth)?     Do I constantly leave these out when fighting?    Do any of my awakened skills trigger them or control them, or are they just fine on their own?

For mana regen, it seems you just go to primary attacks to recharge.

Is there any good post awakened guide out there?     I read the inven one which is great, but not really complete.

Any other tips or suggestions about rotations etc...

Thanks for any help.

Posted

you will still want to upgrade your mh, as it will still give accuracy and widely believed to carry some ap over to awakening.  As a new player from the sounds of it, the green awakening weapon is the way to go, far cheaper and a solid budget buy.

As for mana I still keep max'd out spellbound heart as it also gives 10% movement speed.  you main mana restore nuke will be fissure wave(down + lmb + rmb), how ever since its both slower on the cast time and doesn't give a forward block or super armor, reliably getting it off all the with get clippled by cc from a random range mob for example.  Detonate flow (forward + f) also restores mana.

As for a break down found this handy back at awakening release https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCyIyTK4oq8

Posted

I just finished my awakened quest last night, and realized I now have to totally relearn the class.     Since the awakening was just released in Dec, there's not nearly as much info out there as for pre-awakening and for other jobs, so I just had a few questions.

I was worried about getting the perfect skill reset after awakening, but I realized that at 56, there's only so much you can do in your awakened line since most of it is still unlocked.

I have a +15 yuria staff.... Do I still need to worry about upgrading it since it is so rarely used now?     I'm not exactly sure what my ap is now that awakened has been thrown in the mix.    Before it was 126 ap/170 dp....Now I have 126 ap/111 awakened ap/170 dp.... Does adding all these up equal my gearscore, or just the awakened ap?

your normal AP also increases your awakening damage. also the human damage from yuria and.

I picked up a +12 pri green orb rather than upgrading my quest reward blue one (just because it was really cheap and i wanted a quick ap boost), but I'm not sure which weapon I should be striving towards.     Should I slowly start taking my blue orb up now?  (I'm not worried about end game weapons yet).

its ez these days to buy a blue awakening weapon on TRI, just farm the money for it.

Am I correct in assuming that my 2 summons are for DMG (lightning) and tanking(earth)?     Do I constantly leave these out when fighting?    Do any of my awakened skills trigger them or control them, or are they just fine on their own?

right click on enemy and your pet is doing a stun with 6 sec cd

For mana regen, it seems you just go to primary attacks to recharge.

or just block for instant manareg.

Is there any good post awakened guide out there?     I read the inven one which is great, but not really complete.

we have no combinations, to master witch depends on other aspects. just skill all awakening stuff you can skill and keep heals and buffs and shields from the old staff stance. maybe blizzard and meteor.

Any other tips or suggestions about rotations etc...

there is no rotation at all. 

Thanks for any help.

Posted

Instead of creating a new thread, I thought I'd piggy-back on this one...

I just awakened my Witch. From everything I've read by searching online, it seems that basically I should reset all my skillpoints, pump up or max out my pre-awakened "Utility" skills which are still useful (except Magic Lighthouse because which the awakened has a better substitute), and then dump the rest into awakened combat skills. Am I mistaken on this?

Posted

Instead of creating a new thread, I thought I'd piggy-back on this one...

I just awakened my Witch. From everything I've read by searching online, it seems that basically I should reset all my skillpoints, pump up or max out my pre-awakened "Utility" skills which are still useful (except Magic Lighthouse because which the awakened has a better substitute), and then dump the rest into awakened combat skills. Am I mistaken on this?

Max out all awakened skills first. Take your leftovers and max out your passives and your utility skills from pre-awakened, then move on to other skills.

As far as preawakened skills go, IMO:

Utility must haves: Speed spell, both heals, ultimate teleport, spellbound heart (imo this is a must have for the 10% movement speed alone)

Utility nice to haves: sage's memory, magic lighthouse

Absolute must haves for PVP: magical shield, protected area

Highly useful PVP skills: meteor shower, ultimate blizzard, freeze, frigid fog

Debatably useful pvp skills: chain lightning, residual lightning, earthquake

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0