• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Few general questions about end game!!

10 posts in this topic

Posted

So I am a new player and I am trying to decide what class to play. I was wondering to help me decide, what do you mostly do end game in BDO.

Will I mostly be doing PvE or PvP?

Is it mostly solo or group PvP?

I havent played an MMO like this before so I know its not like WoW where you either tank dps or heal at end game no matter what.

Posted

You will do mostly what you like. Game give huge room for anything, except pvp which take some couples of months/week to gear/lvl.

Overall you will do mostly PvE/Grind 90% of time if you choose the pvp part.

The PvE is more freely which include "life skills" (hunting, fishing, taming)

Mmorpgs supposed to be a own story line with rpg elements and interaction with another players. So gather your friends together and enjoy your own story (don't pref playing it solo but you can easily do it)

So choose what you like.

Posted

There isn't really an "end game" because there's no maximum level and enhancement-capped gear is VERY hard to reach. There also isn't a WoW-esque content-gating of gear, so you do not _have_ to do anything in order to continue to progress except... well, continue to progress.

How you choose to do that is entirely up to you.

Posted

If you mostly do PvE you'll be doing PvP. If you mostly PvP, you'll be doing lots of PvE.

I know, I know, you're thinking "What???"
The thing is, if you aim for PvE, you'll be attacked every now and then, or constantly depending on where you're farming/grinding. Attacked by other players, so PvP.
If you decide to PvP, you'll have to grind thousands of monsters to get money for gear, and exp and in some cases to get karma back, which means you'll be doing a lot of PvE.

Posted

This is what you do end game. Run around grind spots kill people take their spots. Then once they leave you hop channels. Then you get bored. Log off and play another game until node wars start or siege war. Yayyyy end gammeeee.

Posted

As Yasfan said, there is no end game. I main a ranger, levelled to 57 and then just stopped and now basically cook/process all day and gather

Posted

There is no specific end game in BDO. But there is an abundance of personal goals you can choose to aim towards, should you wish to (Having no goals at all works as well). I shouldn't even list examples as there are so many of them that it is meaningless to do so but to give you an idea:

There are 3 major components in BDO. PvE / PvP / Lifeskills. You can mix any of them in any proportions you like to fit your playstyle. There are players who end up lifeskilling and PvP. Others do pure lifeskills. Others do PvE and some PvP etc etc. All combinations are possible. You are free to do whatever you like and do whatever will help achieving your personal goals. You are also free to change playstyle at any time. The only non-pure playstyle is PvP. PvP requires you to PvE for levels and/or lifeskill for extra silver to get better equipment with.

Some minor, in the sense that they are relatively easy to achieve, initial prerequisites would be:

Level 56+. This will open up Awakening skills, many PvE choices and quests, and even life skills quests.
Level 58+ for PvP (not mandatory but extremely useful)
200AP+ is probably the entry PvP AP that allows you to kill anyone (someone with 240Ap will kill you a lot faster ofc)
Level 58+ for PvE in the hardest areas/dungeons
200/210 AP+ for most of Valencia. 220/230AP+ for hardest Valencia 
250+ CP for worker empire

The best class is the one you really enjoy playing the most. Understand this. If you care for PvE or PvP, you will need to kill hundreds of thousands of mobs. So you better enjoy doing it or you will be banging your head against a wall. It is a good idea to try out classes to lvl 56 to experience if you like them or not. Don't just stick to checking out videos of classes. Seeing is not playing. Don't 'marry' your class if you don't like it a lot.

If you view this game in a competitive manner then there are 3 major components that are really powerful. 
1. Silver. It buys everything except experience (although it does buy extra experience). You can literallly buy AP/DP with silver. So more silver=stronger PvE/PvP and in many cases stronger lifeskills too.

2. AP. Stronger attack makes you more silver when PvEing. So, it is a priority because of the above. It will also allow you to apply for T1 guilds and get the rewards of being a member of such a guild. It is obvious that more AP is good for PvP too...

3. Time. It can be either active time or afk time. Whatever the case, time will get you everything. Learning to do things more efficiently will put you ahead of the curve. Having more playtime than others will put you ahead of the curve. The most time consuming area of progression is LifeSkills.

There is also another component that can put you ahead ('The Fourth Component' :) ). Luck. You can either gamble a lot or a little. It is your choice. Luck can make you god-like, it can destroy you, or it can be insignificant overall.

I don't care for p2w but it is present in the form of allowing for faster progression. The most helpful item that will make you earn x2/x4 more silver when PvEing is pets. Minimum is 4 T1 pets. Ideal is 4 T4 pets. Four T3 is a good middle ground. You can absolutely play the game without them to whatever end goal you wish. But you will spend a lot more time PvEing without them.

Life skills can be your whole game if you wish too. They are the most complicated part of the game and require the most afk time. So if you choose to view them competitively you will need to be logged in 24/7. Life skills can be also be combined with PvP/PvE at any rate that suits your playstyle.

TLDR: You are free to choose your journey as well as change destinations mid-road. There are no rules but there are certain things that are helpful towards certain goals. Try things out and see what you enjoy the most and work towards it. There is no end unless you choose one for yourself.  

1 person likes this

Posted

So I am a new player and I am trying to decide what class to play. I was wondering to help me decide, what do you mostly do end game in BDO.

Will I mostly be doing PvE or PvP?

Is it mostly solo or group PvP?

I havent played an MMO like this before so I know its not like WoW where you either tank dps or heal at end game no matter what.

1. you will do what you like. PVE endgame is lifeskills or grinding mobs
2. PVP endgame is participating in node wars and seiges and recieving Phat payouts.
3. RNG endgame is blowing up all your gear and then QQing on the forums.

In BDO, there is only DPS, or Heal DPS, Or CC DPS, Or HEAL CC DPS. guess which one is the most relevent in the most relevent form of pvp.

Posted

And when it comes to class, currently the most broken shit that can do everything and even monkeys can play it is wizard... And since balance patches are quite random, it will probably stay as absolute faceroll for a while...

Posted

That's true, and this si what most of us look like when we cross bloodthirsty wizard

(From left > Musa, zerk, sorc, warrior)

6a00d83451628569e201bb0835d640970d.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0