• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

BEFORE YOU LEVEL YOUR MAIN CHARACTER

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This is for all of you new people.  Leveling in BDO is time consuming and costs money.  Pick your main class wisely. Below are the top 5 classes in BDO right now.  If you like clearing mobs fast, performing well in PVP and nodewars pick this 5 classes.  I wish someone told me this before I committed to Kunoichi which is probably the bottom class.

1.) Wizard - At lvl 56, the most OP/Broken class in the game.  Free heals, teleports, massive aoe attacks.  By far the most recommended starter class. Ranged class so you can deal massive damage from afar. Very easy to play.

2.) Witch - pretty much a female wizard, just like Wizard, it is also broken, free heals, teleports, powerful Aoe attacks. Also a ranged class so you can deal massive damage from afar. Very easy to play.

3.) Ranger - Agile, ranged attacker.  Not as powerful as Wizard/Witch but agile enough to kill almost any other classes. Very easy to play.

4.) Berserker - Super tanky, lots of Grabs, you wont die too easily against a Wizard/Witch.

5.) Sorcerer - Extremely tanky, powerful class, idk much about this class but i've seen them in action in pvp and their scythe is really great.

* Dark Knight doesn't have awakening yet, but when it gains access to the Awakening weapon/skills its supposed to rival that of Wizard's.  So...that's another class that will push all the other classes down the bottom.

Not so recommended classes. They're kinda in the middle, average performing classes.  If you see someone using this and is dominating, he's probably way overgeared.

1.) Warrior

2.) Musa

3.) Tamer

Classes recommended to those who like getting pked, like to play it at Nightmare mode, Extremely gear dependent, very slow at killing mobs compared to a equally geared Wizard.  Only main this if your a retiree who has nothing else to do but BDO.  Prepare to be excluded in a lot of things when there are wizards/witches around that can do it instead.  They're also the hardest classes to play with tons of combos required to deal the same damage as 1 wizard spell.

1.) Valkyrie

2.) Ninja

3.) Kunoichi

4.) Maehwa

Edited by LightningFFXIII-4

Posted (edited)

Yeah, this is fake, Ninja/Maehwa are great PVP classes.

Edited by catmeowmeow

Posted

This is definitly not a chart players should use as valid information about, how to pick classes. Leveling takes some time but my recommendation is to look up the classes gameplay on youtube, play them to 56 ( which only takes like 1-2 Days ) and then test the awakening. In the proscess of leveling you make money, maybe get lucky drops at some places for your future gear and the most important: You get some basic idea of what the class abilities are, and later if you are forced to fight them in PvP you know atleast a little bit what you have to look for. Good luck picking your class(es). All hail Tamer! Dark knight for the win! 

2 people like this

Posted

I think you should start playing all those classes through awakening, learn them a bit better, and then start giving advice. Much of this information is inaccurate.

2 people like this

Posted

"Very easy to play" Yea..... ok.

1 person likes this

Posted

Putting warrior in mediocre spot is just stupid.. warrior outperforms in the tank/dps department with less gear than for instance ranger...  Depending if you are going for small scale pvp or gvg/nodewars , classes have diff roles.. 

Big scale pvp: wiz/witch, war, zerks, sorcs and ranger are top tier. But all classes have their place and role. 

Best advice you can give new players is play what you find fun. Check youtube of all the classes. I myself have 4 lvl 57 and 3 lvl 56 chars.. why you ask ? Because i find it fun, and since this is game, what you need to do as a new player is to have fun !!

3 people like this

Posted

It's sad to see someone who knows little themselves trying to direct new players on what to play. Each class has strengths and weaknesses, and EVERY class has something they are very good at. Kunoichi for example is one of the best small scale PVPers you can play (grind spot disputes, small scale GvG, etc). Kuno can AOE CC multiple opponents from stealth and is also capable of 1-comboing equally geared opponents from stealth - even stronger players if you use your buffs (Z and/or E). My little Kuno was able to 1-combo a 283DP warrior with only 179AP when she used her E buff, then opened from stealth.

Some classes are strong in many aspects, which IMO is where imbalance actually exists - warriors for example are great in all aspects of PVP and are close to the top PVEers (behind the usual wiz/witch/sorc). While Wiz/Witch are pretty bad in 1v1 they are top tier in all other aspects of the game. However that doesn't necessarily make them the best class in the game. That's relative to perspective. If you're a player who only likes to 1v1, and plays the game to enjoy the Arena... well Wiz/Witch isn't the best class in the game in their eyes. Personally I love small scale unorganized PVP - random group fights that happen at grind spots and outskirts of node wars (cannon fights, etc) and my Kuno was the perfect class to choose for this. 

1 person likes this

Posted

"Very easy to play" Yea..... ok.

Well if you speak about witch and wizard, its the most braindead class i ever seen in a mmo

Posted

I would have thought this a better read if you would have taken all of the opinionated bias out.. it just comes off like every other post that says "This class is broke please fix" even though they just don't understand the class well enough..

Posted

Hold on before you dismiss this thread as I have something to add.   Not only consider the OP's recommendations and the fine comments of the other posters, I encourage you to also pick a class that has impressive VISUAL AFFECTS!!!   

1.  Witch and Wizard - OMG, so beautiful.  Like a fricking Jedi Consular!!!   Beautiful lightning bolts, or lightning clouds, or my favorite ... Chain Lightning!!  Oh, and don't forget they also a MASSIVE Earthquake, Fire Ball, and (drumroll).. a meteor storm.  JUst spectacular spell effects and even if this class was terrible, I would play it just for the BOOMS!

2.  Tamer - In my opinion the SECOND best spell effect in the game!  They have a freaking HURRICANE/TORNADO!!   Beautiful spell, awe inspiring even.  Swirling clouds of grey death.  Bad guys get cut to pieces by the shrapnel your spell picks up and spins around.  

3.  Kuno - Don't laugh!  It's a beautiful thing when they throw their WALL OF FRICKING KNIVES at someone.  Sure, it's over quick, but it's not premature!  

4.  Dark Knight - I'm only level 51 so I haven't gotten to the good stuff yet, but what I have come to love are the ominous and slow swings of that giant blade.  When she charges someone and pokes them... I laugh out loud.  She even throws fricking exploding bombs into the distance!!!   Oh, and when she "marks" a group of people and then strikes a pose, snaps her fingers, and the group's heads explode!!  It's like a scene from the movie Kingsman.  Oh, and that attack where she stabs her sword into the ground and creates an explosion that propels bad guys into the air!!!  (goose bumps, I'm telling you!)

Everyone else has spinning blades of death, or other flashy effects, but the TOP FOUR are listed above.  

Ok, you can go back to talking bad about this thread. 

Posted

Well if you speak about witch and wizard, its the most braindead class i ever seen in a mmo

You must have not played many MMOs. This game's easiest classes are still more mechanically difficult than most classes in the typical wow clone came like SWTOR or Rift. I remember quite a few 1-button builds in Rift - people who made builds that work with a single macro button to PVP with. 

And when it comes to PVP against players who have taken the time to learn how they work, you do actually have to have situational awareness. I do not at all argue that Witch/Wiz are not the easiest classes in this game - they are - just that your argument is exaggerated BS. 

Posted (edited)

Wizard is best PvE grinder, for one reason not mentioned here: AE stiffen/stun. Wizard just stands still, "come at me bro" lol and AE stuns while dealing massive damage. 

Witch doesn't have this AE stun and their spells work more at range, not centered on them like Wizard.

I have a 58 Witch they're really strong with low AP (using awakening skills). But I have more fun on my 57 Kunoichi grinding PvE. 

As for the OP saying Berserker is #4 best class, keep in mind that's with awakening. Pre-awakening they're very weak in dealing damage in PvE. I levelled a Berserker with a TRI Liverto axe and pretty good gear, got to 53 but it was just too painful to continue. They have several grapples but most PvE enemies are immune..

Edited by Orion Xavier

Posted

People like OP shouldn't have access to the internet. Warrior is BY FAR, the strongest 1v1 class. Has... one? counter by the name Berserker, but even then it's possible to stack enough debuffs that they can't perform their combos with -45% attack speed resulting in NO -----ING WAY OF KILLING WARRIOR. Also it's the most forgiving class that can be said to be immortal.

All classes listed in shit-tier at the bottom are actually one of the strongest 1v1 classes when mastered at 59+. Ninja, obviously, one of the best classes when mastered with 2 grabs, sick burst and 4 iframes counter Berserkers. Extremely hard to play, yeah, but extremely strong. Kunoichi is lil' bit weaker, different, but pretty much same shit. Both those classes can fight against 1v1 GOD Warrior. Maehwa is one of the best 1v1 classes with sick burst and mobility. However, it's hard countered by Witch, Warrior and Valkyries. Valkyrie can EASILY outperform Warrior at 230+ AP. Their skills are godly for node wars, they have heals, mobility and more frontal guards. Warrior is basically offensive shield class, Valkyrie is defensive. When she breaks 230 AP and she can deal enough damage despite her defensive nature, she's absolutely -----ing filthy. In 1v1 tournaments, before Wizard awakenings, Valkyries DOMINATED.

Musa is currently a meta for 3v3. DK+Musa are meta. Then you can go Warrior, Wiz, Witch, Ranger... or another DK.

Posted

. In 1v1 tournaments, before Wizard awakenings, Valkyries DOMINATED.

this is false. before ANY awakenings, valk won 1 single KR 1v1 tourny and since then everyone talks about how OP valk is. 
Please stop spreading false information

Posted (edited)

this is false. before ANY awakenings, valk won 1 single KR 1v1 tourny and since then everyone talks about how OP valk is. Please stop spreading false information

"This is false, Valk indeed won a tournament and everyone says she's OP, but they are all wrong and I'm right!!!"

God you are dumb. Please show me your gear, class and level. Show me that you can speak of high-tier PvP and that you know about balance. Come on. You spout some bullshit like "Witch and Wizard are OP at 56", yet Witch has ONE skill with good damage because of the flow and until 58+ she's not hitting hard at all. Same shit with Wizard. Strong 100%, but that's all. At 58 it REALLY starts to shine. If you die against 56 Wizard and you have your awakening too, you are just plain freaking BAD.

Edited by Duniak

Posted

"This is false, Valk indeed won a tournament and everyone says she's OP, but they are all wrong and I'm right!!!"
God you are dumb. Please show me your gear, class and level. Show me that you can speak of high-tier PvP and that you know about balance. Come on. You spout some bullshit like "Witch and Wizard are OP at 56", yet Witch has ONE skill with good damage because of the flow and until 58+ she's not hitting hard at all. Same shit with Wizard. Strong 100%, but that's all. At 58 it REALLY starts to shine. If you die against 56 Wizard and you have your awakening too, you are just plain freaking BAD.

i didn't say anything about witch/wiz being op at 56, i was saying you shouldn't be spreading false information about valk. 
I'm a 488gs level 60 valk for the record.

Posted

You must have not played many MMOs. This game's easiest classes are still more mechanically difficult than most classes in the typical wow clone came like SWTOR or Rift. I remember quite a few 1-button builds in Rift - people who made builds that work with a single macro button to PVP with. 

And when it comes to PVP against players who have taken the time to learn how they work, you do actually have to have situational awareness. I do not at all argue that Witch/Wiz are not the easiest classes in this game - they are - just that your argument is exaggerated BS. 

Yeah, I played builds or classes in other MMORPG's, where I could dominate PvP or endgame PvE with literally 2 buttons.

When people claim wizard is most OP or most brainless, I draw the same conclusion as you do. These guys must be new to MMORPG's. They're probably used other MMO genres, with higher skill cap and more equalized PvP.

It's perfectly normal for MMORPG's to have faceroll classes and massive balancing issues, that ofc takes months to adjust lol.

I still think wiz is easy-mode as well as overperforming, but no way near the crazy broken OP stuff i've seen in other games. It's not even close.

Posted

this advise is aids

Posted

The only accurate info in the OP's post is that witch/wiz are broken and easy....

Posted (edited)

Musa best class ingame!!! 

I almost forgot to say I was joking. ;)

Edited by Bobo

Posted

Yeah, I played builds or classes in other MMORPG's, where I could dominate PvP or endgame PvE with literally 2 buttons.

When people claim wizard is most OP or most brainless, I draw the same conclusion as you do. These guys must be new to MMORPG's. They're probably used other MMO genres, with higher skill cap and more equalized PvP.

It's perfectly normal for MMORPG's to have faceroll classes and massive balancing issues, that ofc takes months to adjust lol.

I still think wiz is easy-mode as well as overperforming, but no way near the crazy broken OP stuff i've seen in other games. It's not even close.

Even the action combat games have their easy classes though. Summoner in Blade & Soul. Demonologist in Archeage. Necromancer in Age of Conan. 

I think it's pretty clear that they designed Witch/Wizard to appeal to players who can't handle or won't accept the combo-based animation canceling that comes with all the other classes. While I do think they need some adjustment, especially to their group utility, but it would be easy to make them useless in PVP if it's too heavy handed. 

Posted

It's sad to see someone who knows little themselves trying to direct new players on what to play. Each class has strengths and weaknesses, and EVERY class has something they are very good at. Kunoichi for example is one of the best small scale PVPers you can play (grind spot disputes, small scale GvG, etc). Kuno can AOE CC multiple opponents from stealth and is also capable of 1-comboing equally geared opponents from stealth - even stronger players if you use your buffs (Z and/or E). My little Kuno was able to 1-combo a 283DP warrior with only 179AP when she used her E buff, then opened from stealth.

Some classes are strong in many aspects, which IMO is where imbalance actually exists - warriors for example are great in all aspects of PVP and are close to the top PVEers (behind the usual wiz/witch/sorc). While Wiz/Witch are pretty bad in 1v1 they are top tier in all other aspects of the game. However that doesn't necessarily make them the best class in the game. That's relative to perspective. If you're a player who only likes to 1v1, and plays the game to enjoy the Arena... well Wiz/Witch isn't the best class in the game in their eyes. Personally I love small scale unorganized PVP - random group fights that happen at grind spots and outskirts of node wars (cannon fights, etc) and my Kuno was the perfect class to choose for this. 

Please also state that Kuno at the minimum needs to be level 58 for PvP

Posted

'below are the top five classes'

Those aren't even the top 5 classes from a clueless plebs point of view, which OP clearly is. What the heck went wrong with this thread?

OP is the typical Kunoichi whiner I've seen on Kuno boards claiming their class can't hurt a fly. Get gear and get 60 like every other pvper and then judge. Ranger very easy to play? WaitWhat? Ranger probably has one of the higher skill caps in endgame PvP by how you have to learn to chain and time really clunky iframes to even have a chance at survival, also the reason many, many rangers are rerolling to an easier, more faceroll class (DK)

Here's some real advice for new players: It doesn't take much to get classes to 56 especially on Olvia servers and with EXP weekends. Play the classes a bit, don't commit to a main until you find something you really like, then stick with it. Chances are you'll become very good at something you really like playing and in time, with gear and levels, will become competitive in your own right.

Some classes are naturally more gear and level dependant than others, but if you like to grind on a class that is fun for you, you'll get there eventually.

Every class forum with the exception of Wizard and Witch whine they are the worst class in BDO. 

1 person likes this

Posted

To be completely fair, OP ranked the classes according to: "If you like clearing mobs fast, performing well in PVP and nodewars pick this 5 classes."

The top 5 he listed meet this criteria closest, although idk if zerker has a fast clear speed or not.

Yes you guys are right, a late game ninja and kuno are great in situational small scale PvP, but show me a geared ninja who clears faster than an equally geared sorc.

Maybe a few of the classes should be adjusted per one strength vastly making up for minor weaknesses, but this isn't a comprehensive competitive PvP Tier list. Its to highlight the strengths of classes for a new player to choose from, and its FAIRLY accurate.

Posted

To be completely fair, OP ranked the classes according to: "If you like clearing mobs fast, performing well in PVP and nodewars pick this 5 classes."

The top 5 he listed meet this criteria closest, although idk if zerker has a fast clear speed or not.

Yes you guys are right, a late game ninja and kuno are great in situational small scale PvP, but show me a geared ninja who clears faster than an equally geared sorc.

Maybe a few of the classes should be adjusted per one strength vastly making up for minor weaknesses, but this isn't a comprehensive competitive PvP Tier list. Its to highlight the strengths of classes for a new player to choose from, and its FAIRLY accurate.

I would wager there are very few people whose only criteria to enjoy hundreds of hours of grinding is that their clear speed is fast. The people I see lasting in this game are those who both enjoy the mechanics and play style of the class they main and who are able to dedicate themselves to accruing wealth. The stereotypical FOTM player who is perpetually level 56-58 and losing hundreds of millions of silver in marketplace tax every time they reroll because someone beat them in PVP will always be underpowered regardless of their class because they don't have the levels and gear. I've watched dozens of this type, people who I know personally, quit the game for this very reason. They reroll half a dozen times thinking the grass is greener here or there after being beaten by a higher level, more geared, and/or more skilled player and end up rage quitting. 

What I'm trying to say is that we as players of the game should consider giving advice differently to new players. Instead of "these are the strongest you have to play one of these to enjoy the game", maybe we should be discussing the play style and the strengths and weaknesses of the classes so new players can more easily choose a class that they will enjoy playing. I personally fell prey to the forum mentality of "half the classes are shit, you have to play the bestest to matter" when I started playing this game. I ended up rolling my main Kunoichi as my 5th character after being cautioned away from it at every turn because it's "a bottom 3 class" - when in fact it was the #1 class once my own preferences and goals were taken into account. 

1 person likes this