• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Info to public for FPS boost via Photo Filter

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Here's just stuff we have discovered while playing around with graphics few days ago ... another case as with "High-end" option that did nothing but chew away your FPS?

After series of updates my game was slowly loosing FPS, or rather, I've started BDO during release using MAX. graphics with turning off "High-end" mode as ppl recommended. After Winter update everything went to s**t and just kept getting worse. I was limited to medium/lower-medium details if I wanted to even be in Heidel. Outside cities with no population it was medium/high.

Well, one guy from our guild said to dissable Screen Filter to boost FPS and I have accidentaly dissabled Photo Filter instead. Well, it gave me so tramendous FPS boost that I can running game on Max. Details again with 20-30 FPS in Heidel while standing at Warehouse on Ser 2.

Summary: Dissable Photo Filter setting it to NONE ((That's what your monitor can do on itself BTW)) and Screen Filter for max. effect.

MY PC specs.:

AMD FX-6300 (Ryzen 1600X comming soon)

AMD 390X

4x4GB DDR3 (4x4GB DDR4 comming soon)

SSD 250GB OCZ

PS: To ppl who don't know yet, High-End mode really has no effect asside downgrading your FPS, that's what was discovered in early release in EU. Also recommended is using borderless window mode.

Untitled.jpg

Posted

How does the game looks like without photo filter? Any screenshots? 

Posted

Why not try it? Takes like 2 seconds to change.

Posted

Why not try it? Takes like 2 seconds to change.

Currently not in game. 

If i am i wouldnt ask you know? 

Posted

looks far better no filter no gamma no contrast

Posted

Agree on that, Photo filter makes everything rander darker and it looks like some surreal something.

I just like it with no filter now, never really tried as I didn't have idea it could be turned off not just switched to somethign else >.<

... there's just too many of them lol ... and also, nobody would have guessed such feature would limit your FPS so much since it seems they are not putting up filter on the window but actually render entire game to different stuff using the setting, which is terrible idea lol!

PS: I recommend to set it via your monitor if you like different settings of brightness, color triangle, backlight, contrast, etc. .... monitors are actually designed for that :D

Posted

ive always had photo filter off as the game looks much more natural and real for me

1 person likes this

Posted

Noticed some improvements, didn't gain great FPS, but movement and action (grinding) feel smoother, thanks,

Posted

Here's just stuff we have discovered while playing around with graphics few days ago ... another case as with "High-end" option that did nothing but chew away your FPS?

PS: To ppl who don't know yet, High-End mode really has no effect asside downgrading your FPS, that's what was discovered in early release in EU. Also recommended is using borderless window mode.

Thx will try out tonight!!!

BUT HIGH-END option does do a lot for me. It allows me to see more details just like far away npc, with this setting i will be able to see more detailed players run towards me from a little further distance on their horses or wagons, besides those things when being on top of something (mountain or tower) i can see in much better sight making screenshot just a little bit more HD.

Another example is sailing to pirate island, with High-end i will be able to see the island faster and in more detail.

High-end is only annoying in city's (especially when you are small) or at bosses. it does take away o good amount of performonce (5 Fps on Very High settings)

To be sure:
◾Intel® Core™ i7 4790 3.6 GHz 
◾ASUS B85M-G 
◾Crucial Ballistix Sport 12GB DDR3-1600 
◾Nvidia GTX 970 4GB (Geforce windforce edtion) 
◾1000 GB Sata III Hard disk 
 and yes with this old system i run the game on very high with 45-52 Fps no lagg no stuttering (except bosses and the moment i log in, in cities)

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, seems like they did something at some point, but true that, it chews away huge amount of FPS as always.

However at release there was literrary no difference as many options we have now didn't even exist at that time so there wasn't any graphics improvement or such xD

Posted

I played on none for a while but turned it back on a couple of weeks ago for screenshots. I.. personally don't see any difference in FPS with it on or off. At least between Vibrance, Filmic, or None.

Posted

hmm, might also depend on other stuff then. But PC HW/SW is so vast topic we would need months to narrow down what will do what for each user lol

Posted

Interesting.

On my side screen filter and photo filter have no impact on FPS. Literally 0. That said, distant terrain enhancement has a -20fps impact with almost no difference at all on quality.

As I've been playing without any screen filter since December - tired of the yellowish oversaturated colours - it is pleasant. The desert sand might appear a bit too washed out but nothing unbearable. I keep contrast at +20 and gamma at +5.

2017-01-040.thumb.JPG.4f91e771c4cfb89be02017-01-30_11155749.thumb.JPG.b57081b0492017-01-30_20454694.thumb.JPG.3dfbaa013e

Posted

The only place I've personally noticed any benefit to high end mode was in towns and sieges/node wars. If I'm solo out in the wild, I normally turn it off. I've noticed it forces both of my GPU's to run at max, instead of 1 normally running at max and the other throttled down (not needed).

Posted

thanks, it was noticeable