• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wizards are not OP, people are misinformed

66 posts in this topic

Posted

It is clear that a certain portion of our community believe that the support classes Witch and Wizards are "borderline OP" compared to all other classes. Therefore it is justifiable to create a thread where we who believe such is not true to have a common ground, where fair opinion is voiced! Too often we hear such as:

Absolute joke of balance. Class excels in support, damage and with buffs tanking. Why roll any other class when you can have it all with witch/wiz.

witch/wiz are the biggest mockery of computer gaming since the beginning of the internet 

a 140 ap wizard can oneshot 340 dp targets

a wizard stole my kitten

..when in fact it is made by players who are biased and defend their own class interests, or not good at their class or dont understand witch/wizard, or at a stage where their gear/elixirs/buffs are underperforming, and I am saying this as an average player myself, who even plays a ninja. 

As a wizard when I step into sieges and nodewars what do I see? Aside from all the good players out there, majority of the time unaware and underprepared players being passive or not paying attention to what is to come, in a game where it is all about being the engager with stats, landing the first cc and damage, to be ahead in cooldowns and healthmeter. A portion of this is also much to blame due to low FPS/optimization this game struggles with in large scale, where it is easier to achieve something when you have skills doing damage over a larger area such as witch/wizard. But ultimately, each class bring their own "OP" to the table in every situation. Since awakenings were introduced we had a huge spike in damage, block/superarmor/iframes, and cc, where every geared class can combo 100-0 someone.

Lastly, worth noting is that at its core a wizard's gameplay is predictable/readable with its sligthly more stationary playstyle and inbetween the sa/block there is a little window anyone with a keen eye or preperation can use to their advantage to lock the wizard down, also easily in a 1v1 situation where said class certainly is not toptier. For instance a 240 AP 300 DP wizard can get controlled by a well played warrior/ninja/berserker/sorc to name a few due to class mechanics. And the wise KR devs and people understand this, hence why said class hasnt been struck by "balance patch".

Stop being an uninformed player making your own assumptions based on your own poor performance, and lack of will to strive for something in this game. Just because you cant do something or cant best a wizard doesnt mean someone else cant. This is my gear below, it is considered higher tier if you are an AP monkey and does not reflect skill, but it reflects a geardifference out there in this heavily statgame that can be misleading when chasing the carrot. Im sorry for being so blunt, but you just need to, as so often told, open your eyes and git guud.

_eJwFwdENhSAMAMBdGIACQkG3aZBUExVC65d5u7-

5 people like this

Posted

wizard op, pls nerf

@Nacario <3

Posted (edited)

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania nerf meme

Tamer is bugged and takes about 30% more magic damage than other classes.

Edited by Raizor
4 people like this

Posted

lol

Posted

Tamer needs buff, and magic damage penalty removed.

5 people like this

Posted

Remove wizards out of the game already, disgusting pieces of shit classes without any skill. It's disgusting how they're still in the game. remove them at once.

4 people like this

Posted

Wizards are the best at everything with the exception of 1v1..

100% gets up quick and murders entire attack forces and essentially ignores evasion completely, Teleport offers insane movement capability and ability to escape assassin classes who break through the front line, buffs entire guild, heals entire guild, protected areas entire guild, can clear and grind faster than any class right now so their gear is always the best.

Wizard is 100% the best class in the game, that being said I'm not sure how you nerf them without breaking them.

Maybe limit heals/buffs to parties instead of guild in node war so that they have to be more strategic in their placement.

Posted

Maybe limit heals/buffs to parties instead of guild in node war so that they have to be more strategic in their placement.

It's just to the nearest 8 not the guild.

Posted

Misinformed, OP confirmed correct.

Posted

I have been saying "nerf Storm" since release so i'll stick too it. :D 

Posted

Misinformed, OP confirmed correct.

Oh I'm sorry you are right. Due to this revelation Wizards are now under powered... please buff them

Posted

yeah the witch in wizard are so onderpowered i can doubleport me and cast my heal so i got a 2nd life  yeah GG xD

Posted

Well....this will only starts a new waterfall of tears. 10/10. 

What happen to the Berserker, Ranger being OP? I miss those drama post :(

Posted

Well....this will only starts a new waterfall of tears. 10/10. 

What happen to the Berserker, Ranger being OP? I miss those drama post :(

Wizard came out and showed everyone what OP really was. 

Posted

It could be gear related but witchards with lower gearscores can regularly wreck higher level/gearscored players. Not many other classes can bridge the level/GS gap so readily.

4 people like this

Posted

It could be gear related but witchards with lower gearscores can regularly wreck higher level/gearscored players. Not many other classes can bridge the level/GS gap so readily.

git gud.

Posted (edited)

What else do you need to prove the class is broken ? Looking at their skills :

• The highest numbers on their wakening skills.
  • The only healers class, with a 0 to 100% heals mind you ..
  •  The best Protection buffs in the game for self & mass grps.
  •  Double teleport, because 1 isn't enough.
  •  Pets so broken, they make tamers look like trash.
  •  A 100% Atomic bomb, easilly rechargable thx to Aoe skills.
  •  Aoe Ranged skills with massive radius & range, in a game that auto correct your targeting, which remove ranged attacks cons to a super Pro. 
  •  Doesn't need as much accuraccy as the rest of classes.
  •  Low Skill & Low Stat = High potential, This combination alone make them disgusting.
  •  The ratio of winning guilds wars is = the numbers of witch/wizards in both guilds. no other class have this influence.
  •  The class with the only resurrect skill in the game (not sure why nobody mention this considering it's useful on mass scales battles).

A ranged dude with tons of CC + highest dmg + highest heals + super tanky = seems fking legit.

Edited by Ayl
11 people like this

Posted

sick joke

the other day i was fighting some wizard in pirate jungle and the guy hits me with water pistol from 49 meters and does 85% of my hp with 2 button presses from literally outside of my screen when i was sitting on 329 dp 

wizard is not op? you're not even playing the class to its fullest potential so i wouldn't even begin to talk about game balance if i were you.

Warr/ninja/what not can control wizard? Sick joke. In mass pvp they're gonna get melted by your zerg cause your class is ranged and can sit in blobs. In 1v1 they're still gonna have a hard time and potentially lose due to how overstacked with tools and abilities wizard is

wiz and witch (close by, but not on the same level)  are the most overpowered classes in the game by far in everything except 1v1 and they are good even in 1v1 against most classes and don't actually have clear disadvantages except a select few classes and even then they can win if they're better players

the amount of CC, damage, survivability and hitboxes /range they have is just completely retarded and doesn't even feel like it was made for this game.

So far every single witch/wiz ive seen has not played the class to its fullest potential and they still do good enough. And yes, i've seen all the good witches and wizards in europe and even so i can tell you that they don't play the class to its fullest potential. Almost nobody in europe plays their class to its fullest potential cus to do so you need to also know your enemy in and out and not only to know their skills but preferred playstyles and behaviors and "tactics" so you can actually then try to counter them

5 people like this

Posted

I can't take this seriously. You're memeing aren't you.

Posted

*gets popcorn*

Posted

100% gets up quick and murders entire attack forces and essentially ignores evasion completely, Teleport offers insane movement capability and ability to escape assassin classes who break through the front line, buffs entire guild, heals entire guild, protected areas entire guild, can clear and grind faster than any class right now so their gear is always the best.

Wizard is 100% the best class in the game, that being said I'm not sure how you nerf them without breaking them.

Warrior, sorc, kuno/maeh and tamer all have superior movement to wiz. The heal is in a tiny area(it's about half of the actual visual effect) and is on a 30 second cooldown and will heal a teammate ~60% of their hp. 

It's not that I don't think they're over the top, but you're not making a good case, you're just proving what OP said.

sick joke

the other day i was fighting some wizard in pirate jungle and the guy hits me with water pistol from 49 meters and does 85% of my hp with 2 button presses from literally outside of my screen when i was sitting on 329 dp 

More great examples of making things up to feed what OP said. It felt like he made a troll post but you're just making it real.

Posted

Bollide doesn't ignore evasion just FYI - It has a 20% accuracy bonus, but if you only have Bheg's it will miss a lot of hits against evasion stackers or hybrid ninja/kunos. 

Posted

Bollide doesn't ignore evasion just FYI - It has a 20% accuracy bonus, but if you only have Bheg's it will miss a lot of hits against evasion stackers or hybrid ninja/kunos. 

20% accuracy is -----ing huge. Its the equivelent of having 2 red coral earings basically when you can be wearing tungrades you get your nuke back 20% faster. 

Posted

20% accuracy is -----ing huge. Its the equivelent of having 2 red coral earings basically when you can be wearing tungrades you get your nuke back 20% faster. 

Yes, 20% accuracy is a large bonus. However, the person I quoted stated that the skill completely bypasses evasion which is untrue. 

Posted (edited)

wizard is not op?

That must have been some crazy geared and buffed wiz then considering you are lvl 61 with 329 dp +buffs. With my 253ap +buffs as lvl 61 i cant do nowhere near 85% of someones total hp with 305dp if crit with my sphere+flow. And you are with 329 dp and lvl 61.. This is even not an argument as u let him hit you, it as if you were to hit someone not doing anything, they would take damage, even more when your kd modifiers kick in.

And all awaknings are OP. If I or anyone regardless of how skilled or geared they are dont watch their back when against a decent geared tamer you will die during that first 1 cc. 

Edited by Nacario