• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My opinion on why they dont make changes based on our feedback

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Kakao- the company, is used to a mobile gaming market. They are savvy, seasoned, and jaded in their culture of business practice which means its all about the money. They didn't make this game and therefore have not a single staff member who shares any passion for the game whatsoever. 

To them, its a product. A money making machine.

As long as the servers are on, the payment authentication is working, the rest is a money game.

Losing players? Must be an advertising problem- invests more money into marketing rather than into meetings with PA to make improvements based on feedback

Angry players? Account disputes? Hires a (very) small team of highly enthusiastic GM's. They can solve problems- but it's not their job to improve the game itself

Annnd, thats about it. Everything else is likely handled by a third party server management system. i wont name the company that runs BDO servers but they are among one of the worst server management companies in the business

As far as PA goes, they chug along over there in KR, adhering to the licensing agreement and installing all KR updates onto NA severs after a bit of translation. I'm sure DAUM was a front (for kakao) to try and form a new, reputable brand. Once that fell through they just decided to do the bare minimum and name it kakao for whatever reason. 

2 people like this

Posted

Kakao- the company, is used to a mobile gaming market. They are savvy, seasoned, and jaded in their culture of business practice which means its all about the money. They didn't make this game and therefore have not a single staff member who shares any passion for the game whatsoever. 

To them, its a product. A money making machine.

As long as the servers are on, the payment authentication is working, the rest is a money game.

Losing players? Must be an advertising problem- invests more money into marketing rather than into meetings with PA to make improvements based on feedback

Angry players? Account disputes? Hires a (very) small team of highly enthusiastic GM's. They can solve problems- but it's not their job to improve the game itself

Annnd, thats about it. Everything else is likely handled by a third party server management system. i wont name the company that runs BDO servers but they are among one of the worst server management companies in the business

As far as PA goes, they chug along over there in KR, adhering to the licensing agreement and installing all KR updates onto NA severs after a bit of translation. I'm sure DAUM was a front (for kakao) to try and form a new, reputable brand. Once that fell through they just decided to do the bare minimum and name it kakao for whatever reason. 

I'm going to guess that they don't listen to your feedback because they think you whine a lot and they have no hope of ever actually making you happy.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm going to guess that they don't listen to your feedback because they think you whine a lot and they have no hope of ever actually making you happy.

If forum history is any indication, they seem to have learned that the hard way, now they are permanently scarred, but the money is nice.

Posted

To be fair, it's not like players are united when giving feedback.

Only thing most players can agree on is the need to improve in-game performance and related, such as desync, fps drops and lag.

When it comes to other in-game issues or topics the population is divided. Stuff like karma&PK, class nerfs, nerfs in general, rng, gear disparity, endless grind and pretty much all that stuff people complain about, have many sides with different opinions. Some thinks current system is fine, others wants some kind of nerf and a third group want buffs or easier in general. 

All the topics I've seen stating that "PvP is broken". Than there's 30 pages with angry people flaming and arguing amongst each other in what way PvP is broken, while spamming "git gud" to everyone with a different opinion. If we cant even agree on how PvP is broken or what needs changing, how is PA&Kakao suppose to know what to fix?

2 people like this

Posted

I'm sure DAUM was a front (for kakao) to try and form a new, reputable brand. Once that fell through they just decided to do the bare minimum and name it kakao for whatever reason. 

This is bogus. If you did a small amount of research you would realize how faulty this statement is.

But yes to everything else in the  OP for the most part.

Posted

If forum history is any indication, they seem to have learned that the hard way, now they are permanently scarred, but the money is nice.

I'm pretty sure they've sorted out by now which players do a lot of whining and can't be made happy, and which ones don't do a lot of whining and can be made happy.

Posted (edited)

... or they make the changes they damn well please.

For the record? Pearl Abyss, the game developers, make the changes they see fit to the game they made.

Do you believe you have a right to raise your own child? Well so do they, however they see fit.
Just because they think your idea is shit doesn't mean they ignore the ones they think aren't shit.

Source-
I've written a lot of children.
Screw you if you think i'm going to change them how you see fit when you're not the one who spent years conceiving and raising them.
You want to make big changes like that? You better balls deep invest and buy in. Otherwise, I'll do what I decide is best for my own child.js

Thanks.

Edited by War
5 people like this

Posted

all wrong.

PA only make things for KR version, Global version exists to experiment (like the retarded boss event on 1 channel) and for profit which is why were being dripfed pearl shop items.

Posted

I'm pretty sure they've sorted out by now which players do a lot of whining and can't be made happy, and which ones don't do a lot of whining and can be made happy.

It can still be a little hard one to swallow for the folks who have been here since belsazar diary days, much enthusiasm, much promise, stark difference. 

Posted

For the record? Pearl Abyss, the game developers, make the changes they see fit to the game they made.

Do you believe you have a right to raise your own child? Well so do they, however they see fit.
Just because they think your idea is shit doesn't mean they ignore the ones they think aren't shit.

Source-
Screw you if you think i'm going to change them how you see fit when you're not the one who spent years conceiving and raising them.
You want to make big changes like that? You better balls deep invest and buy in. Otherwise, I'll do what I decide is best for my own child.js

Thanks.

Usually don't agree with anything you say. But that was a very well informed and thought out post. =)

Posted

When it comes to other in-game issues or topics the population is divided. Stuff like karma&PK, class nerfs, nerfs in general, rng, gear disparity, endless grind and pretty much all that stuff people complain about, have many sides with different opinions.

You have thoses topic created nearly since day one.

Whatever if you have ppl "defending" thoses, in the end, if thoses topic come back over and over and over again, its because the issue is real enough

Posted

the population

on top of a lot of what you said, the majority of players in this game don't even use the forums. The Population of active users on the forums is actually rather small. 

Posted

Or 99% of feedback is shit/ whining.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Yeah there is always some kind QQing on forums about something.  Mostly people QQing are no talented scrubs that have no skill or think everything and everyone is OP becuase they got rekt lmao. There also the ones blaming the lag or saying people are hacking which unless proven by a video or such. This why is better not to follow the advice unless it's made by majority of said game community and not a couple of salty players that just suck >.>

Edited by Dalenos

Posted

In my opinion . 90% of the people on the forum do nothing but whine. The other 10% of us actually do more than talk,shitpost,make threads with titles over 5 words in all caps.

When you want to judge a population you never judge it by it's loudest people..

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

In my experience, the quickest way for a game to destroy itself is to give players everything they ask for. Because then the game becomes boring.

Players in every single MMO rant and rave about changes to game mechanics, balance, rng mitigation, time sinks, money sinks, etc.. etc.. etc.. And while a very small portion of them may be valid suggestions, most of them are just the ranting of players who can't see the forest for the trees.

Despite what many players think, the majority of player feedback is taken under consideration. They're discussed, weighed, and a decision is made whether to follow up on them, table them, or dismiss them. With the majority being tabled or dismissed for a variety of reasons (and despite what many players think, there's usually a solid foundation behind the reason). Players may not like or agree with the reasoning, because that's usually because players care more about shortcuts and easy buttons than actual struggle in a game without realizing that it's the struggle and determination that makes a game worthwhile. The most popular games that people remember fondly in the past are those that caused a certain amount of angst, balanced with the occasional reward. It makes the eventual success through crazy amounts of determination all the more satisfactory whenever a player finally reaches another threshold.

If BDO enacted the majority of player feedback, there'd be wanton PKing without consequences, Value Packs would be a dime a dozen, TRI/TET/PEN items would be obtainable with low/zero risk within days/hours of first making the attempt, and every cash shop item would be obscenely easy to obtain by F2P players. Should that happen, the game would quickly become so boring that BDO would lose a majority of their playerbase.

Edited by DenverRalphy
8 people like this

Posted

Source-

Thanks.

/face palm

Did you really just fail to understand that players are "customers" to a company that produces a product for THEM.

Why don't we have Valk Crystals BTW

/B!TCH SLAP

That's right the CUSTOMERS DID NOT WANT THEM HERE

Posted

It's a point of view, who say's is the truth? There might be some truth in it, as it is a company, but we all know that.

*Case closed*

Posted

/face palm

Did you really just fail to understand that players are "customers" to a company that produces a product for THEM.

Why don't we have Valk Crystals BTW

/B!TCH SLAP

That's right the CUSTOMERS DID NOT WANT THEM HERE

Let me clear this up for you since you're not quite educated on how this works.
As customers, you pay for what you get and hopefully get what you pay for.
No where in the cash shop/web shop is there a service that allows us customers to pay for ideas we want to be put into the game.
This means that if they want to ignore our voice, they have every right to, as we get everything we pay for.

You do NOT get extra shit by paying for 500$ worth of AM. You get 500$ worth of AM. You don't get a say in company shares, you don't get a say in the future of the game. No son. You paid for what you got, and got what you paid for.

They don't have to care about what we say, they make that choice. Even if that choice means losing 60% of the player base, it's their choice as this is their game.
You want to make your own custom choices, get your ass on the board of directors(or however it works for kakao/PA) or make your own game.

Get that entitlement over nothing shit out of here.

Posted (edited)

Imagine if they would have listened to all the whiners about the pearl section in marketplace, then i would have not gotten myself those 15-20 costumes by now :( thank you kakao/PA for not listening.

In a side note, if you do check KR patch notes and ours, you will notice things they did listen to and ideas from the community already been implemented but the entitled kids are blind to those.

Edited by SillySin

Posted

Let me clear this up for you since you're not quite educated on how this works.As customers, you pay for what you get and hopefully get what you pay for.
No where in the cash shop/web shop is there a service that allows us customers to pay for ideas we want to be put into the game.
This means that if they want to ignore our voice, they have every right to, as we get everything we pay for.

You do NOT get extra shit by paying for 500$ worth of AM. You get 500$ worth of AM. You don't get a say in company shares, you don't get a say in the future of the game. No son. You paid for what you got, and got what you paid for.

They don't have to care about what we say, they make that choice. Even if that choice means losing 60% of the player base, it's their choice as this is their game.
You want to make your own custom choices, get your ass on the board of directors(or however it works for kakao/PA) or make your own game.

Get that entitlement over nothing shit out of here.

Valk is NOT in our version

/YOU GOT SERVED

Posted

Valk is NOT in our version

/YOU GOT SERVED

I'm fine with that. Lol.

Posted

my opinion is because this servers are for milking dollars
the real servers(Korean server) are the only they care about
we just have a little modified copy of what they get

Posted

My opinion on why they don't make changes based on our feedback (other than the changes they have made based on our feedback ofc):

Feedback from the community is everywhere, all over the place with just as many voices for a change as those against a change; much of which boils down to whining because something isn't the way they imagine being optimal.

They ultimately do what any business does and look at what makes them money and how they can generally please their clients and maximize profit.

Posted

It's a korean game, built for korean networks, pc and a korean playerbase, with a minimum adaptation to sell on western market, that means they'll do changes according to what wants the majority of KR people, even if it may affect us as westerns.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0