• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kamasylve Channels ~ A New Approach

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

• What is Kamasylve (Veteran) Channel?
  • It is a channel prepared for veteran adventurers with the freedom to defend or attack others in world pvp.
  • The Karma system is deactivated.  Dying to another adventurer results in a 30 second respawn timer.
  • You can gain extra 10% of EXP.  (Removed - We just want a free pvp channel)
  • You can enter at or above level 58.
  • If you can access the Kamasylve channel, you can also access other channels freely.  (Besides Olivia)

Thoughts appreciated.  I know a multitude of other players that would love this implemented in the game.  If you like it, please share this post with others so that we might get the developers attention.

this idea wasn't mine innitially, I just wanted to put it out there so others can give their input.

My Opinion:

This would solve a number of problems for the pvp playerbase:

1. Those that are geared and want to have a grindspot to themselves can attack and defend it against others that want to try and take it.
  2. Those that dislike being attacked while they grind (either from lack of pvp skills or gear) can stay on the other channels, and likely experience less griefing as the players that would kill them would be on the Kamasylve channels.
  3. Those that are overgeared and getting bored with the games content have more freedom to adventure in a more dangerous world where fights can happen anywhere.
  4.  Streamers and content creators would have a channel that has spontaneous pvp around every corner that would be entertaining for an audience, which would encourage and bring new players to the game.
  5. Guilds that want to have large scale free-for-all world pvp can join these channels and meet up in a specific location without having every other guild declare war on them.  (Man-up and other large guilds are already doing this)
Edited by Brizz
13 people like this

Posted

Not a bad idea. Honestly just anything that will allow those that want open world pvp to be able too. Karma as it is is waaaaay to harsh. You should be able to open pvp for more than 5 minutes without having you worry about losing or downgrading gear. Node wars and GvG shouldn't be the only pvp

Posted (edited)

Edited by Brizz
1 person likes this

Posted

I would make it 59+ at the minimum since you can essentially make it to 59 in the Olvia channels, perhaps even 60+. The 10% EXP bonus counteracts the FFA PvP decently. 

I'd support the idea myself. 

The only other thing I'd change would potentially be utilizing 6 channels we currently have running for this purpose instead of adding 6 more. 

Posted (edited)

The Karma system is deactivated:

Do you know that the Karma system is a whole concept and even in kro is always active (even if not to such extent)

You can't decide to completly remove karma system. it is just inappropriate.

What make this ch so special that it need 10% exp bonus? Nothing.

You didn't say: remove all boss spawn.

You will just expend the cost for Kakao for a dead ch and give the whole server things more work to do.

Those that are overgeared and getting bored with the games content have more freedom to adventure in a more dangerous world where fights can happen anywhere.?

There is something called battlefield PVP you can go and die there whenever you want.

You want it dangerous? what about reducing the exp by 10% since there wouldn't be a lot of people there and every death should result in losing exp

So that you can really enjoy your dangerous world.

Be realistic.

if you are so overgeared, why do you farm in Aakman temple or the ancient ruins.

It is always empty when i am there.

Edited by Sey

Posted

With Kamasylve around the corner, I'd love to see this thread revived.

Posted

Karma as it is is waaaaay to harsh.

What? It got nerfed already

Posted

=Those that are overgeared and getting bored with the games content have more freedom to adventure in a more dangerous world where fights can happen anywhere.?

There is something called battlefield PVP you can go and die there whenever you want.

The only reason people do that godawful shoebox pvp in the same boring old map that favors certain classes is for the energy. Nobody enjoys that shit.

Posted

• It is a channel prepared for veteran adventurers with the freedom to defend or attack others in world pvp.
  • The Karma system is deactivated.  Dying to another adventurer results in a 30 second respawn timer.
  • You can gain extra 10% of EXP.
  • If you can access the Kamasylve channel, you can also access other channels freely.  (Besides Olivia)

Thoughts appreciated.  I know a multitude of other players that would love this implemented in the game.  If you like it, please share this post with others so that we might get the developers attention.

this idea wasn't mine innitially, I just wanted to put it out there so others can give their input.

My Opinion:

1. Those that are geared and want to have a grindspot to themselves can attack and defend it against others that want to try and take it.
  2. Those that dislike being attacked while they grind (either from lack of pvp skills or gear) can stay on the other channels, and likely experience less griefing as the players that would kill them would be on the Kamasylve channels.
  3. Those that are overgeared and getting bored with the games content have more freedom to adventure in a more dangerous world where fights can happen anywhere.
  4.  Streamers and content creators would have a channel that has spontaneous pvp around every corner that would be entertaining for an audience, which would encourage and bring new players to the game.
  5. Guilds that want to have large scale free-for-all world pvp can join these channels and meet up in a specific location without having every other guild declare war on them.  (Man-up and other large guilds are already doing this)

MAN DUDE,

I saw this posted and thought it was official.  I started calling friends saying come back to BDO it's not a karma bomb fest from pvpers and pvers trolling.  Seems to be just theory craft though :(   I don't even mind if you take karma on those channels as long as you don't lose xp or break crystals.  I'd boost the xp on those channels to 30% however. 

The only reason people do that godawful shoebox pvp in the same boring old map that favors certain classes is for the energy. Nobody enjoys that shit.

Exactly...many pvpers like myself don't like instanced pvp...I like the thrill of the grind, someone coming up and ganking me, then I come back and return the favor...war breaks out...that's all fun imo, without it i'm just mindlessly grinding.

1 person likes this

Posted

MAN DUDE,

I saw this posted and thought it was official.  I started calling friends saying come back to BDO it's not a karma bomb fest from pvpers and pvers trolling.  Seems to be just theory craft though :(   I don't even mind if you take karma on those channels as long as you don't lose xp or break crystals.  I'd boost the xp on those channels to 30% however. 

Exactly...many pvpers like myself don't like instanced pvp...I like the thrill of the grind, someone coming up and ganking me, then I come back and return the favor...war breaks out...that's all fun imo, without it i'm just mindlessly grinding.

the only way we'll ever get something like this, is to let them know we want it.  Share this thread with friends and guildmates and encourage them to comment on it and get it recognized.

Posted

maybe a tweak here or there to the idea, but the idea sounds good. there's no challenge for someone attacking a lifeskiller for the sake of it with the lifeskiller not being geared, so why not make a channel where all out war can break out and no one loses anything. i'm all for this one! even i'd go there for the fun lol.

Posted

maybe a tweak here or there to the idea, but the idea sounds good. there's no challenge for someone attacking a lifeskiller for the sake of it with the lifeskiller not being geared, so why not make a channel where all out war can break out and no one loses anything. i'm all for this one! even i'd go there for the fun lol.

Why this?

You should lose exp and crystal on this channel. Hardcore ch you want. Add -10% from mob as i already stated. 00 boss spawn.

and you kill yourself as you want.

Posted (edited)

Why this?

You should lose exp and crystal on this channel. Hardcore ch you want. Add -10% from mob as i already stated. 00 boss spawn.

and you kill yourself as you want.

What about it do you dislike?  I'm all for opposing discussion, but you give no reasoning for your negative post other then to just troll.

The suggested kamasylve channels would be for pvp, not a hardcore version of the already too punishing karma system.

Edited by Brizz

Posted

love it. won't happen tho.

Posted

My Opinion:

ER? no..... People would use this to fast level even more and gain advantage by channel hoping, if you enter this channel then you shouldn't be allowed back into the other channels.

Posted

ER? no..... People would use this to fast level even more and gain advantage by channel hoping, if you enter this channel then you shouldn't be allowed back into the other channels.

How would channel hopping between kama and others give an advantage?  Every level past 58 is extremely time consuming, and the experience needed to get past 60 is so vast that 10% wouldn't be very impactful.

I'm still pretty stuck on "People would use this to fast level even more" comment though...  Do you think that karma bombers have that big of an impact on veteran leveling?  To be quite honest, the 10% EXP was an afterthought, the main purpose of the channels is to bring the playerbase a pvp environment to play in if they choose.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd love that even more...hell yea...make it so players go to the channels and can never leave, hell yea!  Basically you are giving a pvp server, it would be great.  Need more than one channel though

Posted

My Opinion:

2. Those that dislike being attacked while they grind (either from lack of pvp skills or gear) can stay on the other channels, and likely experience less griefing as the players that would kill them would be on the Kamasylve channels. This is a bold faced lie. You know that as soon as one of those people get kicked from a grinding spot by someone or many someones(guild) they will move to the non KAMASYLVE channels and kill those less geared, or as good and the beat goes on.

1 person likes this

Posted

My Opinion:

No

Posted

No

Yes?

Posted

Want it !

Posted (edited)

I like the idea but

• dont put +10% EXP on the Servers, if you want them to be "PvP-Servers" give something related to PvP, maybe a PvP-Kamasylve-Trader with Gems just for PvP.
  • Make a 30 min restriction for Kama-Channels and if someone switches from Kama to "normal" Channels make 1 hour out of it. Why? Simply because if some high geared bad-ass get dunked on his grindspot he will return to "normal" channels and steal the grindspot from weaker targets just so he can get his ego back. Real PvP'ers would mind that long wait time, just like you said it's for PvP not for grinding.
  • Maybe putting in some high-risk-high-reward actions special for the pvp-guys like "hey if we go on kama channels we get [...]" or Loot from dead Players some coins or something that you can trade in at the Kamasylve-Trader (like mentioned at the start).
  • Maybe even make them the Node-Wars-Channels where only Node-participants can access these channels so we dont have to suffer from major lag/stuttering issues.

just a few opinions how i feel about this idea and hell we might even get some stabilization on the non-kama-channels because of this.

Edited by Akame_Oneechan
Added a option

Posted

@Akame_Oneechan - I agree with all of your points, and have debated them myself.  I'll give you my reasons why they probably wouldn't be implemented though.

I like the idea but

• dont put +10% EXP on the Servers, if you want them to be "PvP-Servers" give something related to PvP, maybe a PvP-Kamasylve-Trader with Gems just for PvP.

Anytime you give ANY kind of reward for pvp action, players will cheat and/or trade kills to receive these rewards.  You can even see this in highly regulated pvp games like World of Warcraft, and even in Black Desert guilds use alliances and guild hopping to get around the current ruleset.

• Make a 30 min restriction for Kama-Channels and if someone switches from Kama to "normal" Channels make 1 hour out of it. Why? Simply because if some high geared bad-ass get dunked on his grindspot he will return to "normal" channels and steal the grindspot from weaker targets just so he can get his ego back. Real PvP'ers would mind that long wait time, just like you said it's for PvP not for grinding.

I don't really agree with this one.  The karma system already does a fantastic job of keeping the "High Geared Bad-Ass" from killing too many innocents.  The goal with Kamasylve channels would be to reduce the griefing on normal servers, not eliminate it completely.

• Maybe putting in some high-risk-high-reward actions special for the pvp-guys like "hey if we go on kama channels we get [...]" or Loot from dead Players some coins or something that you can trade in at the Kamasylve-Trader (like mentioned at the start).

See #1.  Rewards =  abused.  Very sad but true.

• Maybe even make them the Node-Wars-Channels where only Node-participants can access these channels so we dont have to suffer from major lag/stuttering issues.

I think the main problem with the "1" channel node wars is that it doesn't remove all of the AFK players in towns.  But hopefully adding Kamasylve would reduce the lag further.

just a few opinions how i feel about this idea and hell we might even get some stabilization on the non-kama-channels because of this.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0