• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Should I hit level 50?

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Hit level 49 and I got the quest to allow me to hit 50. Sounds good right?

But it has that little qualifier, "PvP feature is enabled." and that's a huge turn off.

I know all about safe zones and whatnot, this isn't my first MMO. My question is, how often can I actually expect to be out and about in the world just doing my thing and have Jackass McGee drop in and ----- with me? I don't want to hardcap at 49 or leave the game since I'm a solo PvE player. But that is seriously infuriating that it's—from my understanding—just a free for all outside of safe zones.

So how often does PvP actually happen out in the wild?

Posted (edited)

Depends on the grind spot. Not often if you play outside of prime time.

Less often if you can clear your area quickly and let people know you have it in control.  My advice is to stay 49.9 till you get more skill points so you have lots of skills  ^_^ and get some good gear.

PVP at sausages, or pirates is a daily thing. At a lot of other places its not so bad.  Learn to avoid white dots, learn to keep an eye out for other people grinding.  Learn to swap channels.

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

This game has all the risk of Skyrim.  You will lose nothing.  Nada.  Zip.

That being said, outside of grind zones you will not likely be attacked often.  If you are, fight back.  Have some fun.

Posted

This game has all the risk of Skyrim.  You will lose nothing.  Nada.  Zip.

That being said, outside of grind zones you will not likely be attacked often.  If you are, fight back.  Have some fun.

I've never actually died (Valkyrie class is hard to keep down) so that's nice to hear at least. Still annoying, but good to know.

Posted (edited)

How often? Everytime some idiot feels like it. Just as an example, yesterday I was attacked out of the blue for no reason at all for someone who wasn't even interested in the spot.
But I will tell you the same I told someone else a few weeks ago in this forum: don't condition your gameplay to the will of others. Awakening is cool and you need 56 for it. Exploring the world is also cool (at least to me) and you have a better chance of surviving while you do it the higher you are. Also grinding for money and gear is also easier if you level higher.

You have the right to play the way you want, you have the right to play the full game. If you're attacked and killed, respawn and go back to doing what you were doing, or change channels or whatever. Your choice, but enjoy the game.

Edited by fmgtorres
2 people like this

Posted

Yeah I wouldn't worry to much about the PvP part, You are way better off leveling and continuing your adventure. Lots of areas to explore without worrying about the occasional fight which seem's pretty rare unless you stumble into a fought over area 

Posted (edited)

I have the bad luck that every day i would run into players that would just pk for the utter reason then just to pk. Heck some players pk other players because griefing players is fun for them. After these experiences in valkyrie kuno maehwa ranger and i didn't go past 49 with my witch. I could have sworn that sometimes players are stalking me waiting for me to get 50 so they can pounce Q.Q 

Edited by Dalenos

Posted

"PvP feature is enabled." and that's a huge turn off.

That line alone tells me you are going to have hard time grinding after level 50. Besides the game really first starts after level 56, so you will lose a lot about what the game have to offer. If you only want to life skill, stay put at level 49.

Posted

But it has that little qualifier, "PvP feature is enabled." and that's a huge turn off.

I know all about safe zones and whatnot, this isn't my first MMO. My question is, how often can I actually expect to be out and about in the world just doing my thing and have Jackass McGee drop in and ----- with me? I don't want to hardcap at 49 or leave the game since I'm a solo PvE player. But that is seriously infuriating that it's—from my understanding—just a free for all outside of safe zones.

For the most part you'll be okay. If the toon in question is your lifeskiller and that's all you want it to be, then I'd say stay at 49. 

My advice... Build a lifeskiller that never goes above 49, and create adventurer toons separate.

Posted

At 49 you won't be able to complete most content if you are going to be anything more than a dedicated life skiller. 

If you go to popular grind spots, you'll sometimes run into people that want the spot and will fight for it. You can choose to leave or change channels if you want to avoid fighting them for it. It's really not a big deal, just don't let it trigger you. 

Posted

OP I wouldn't let the threat of pvp keep you from advancing and playing the full game.  If you get murdered the only thing that will happen is that you will get teleported to the nearest town or node.  One of the good features in BDO, in my opinion, is the karma system which helps to discourage people from pking other innocent players without punishing the victims (no exp loss if another player kills you).

2 people like this

Posted

don't condition your gameplay to the will of others.

You have the right to play the way you want, you have the right to play the full game. If you're attacked and killed, respawn and go back to doing what you were doing, or change channels or whatever. Your choice, but enjoy the game.

This is some great advice here and exactly what I needed to read as well.  I quite the game once, came back, and was thinking of leaving again as I kept running into jerks.  As a semi-casual player, I know that it will take me ages to get higher gear but that doesn't mean I should let gankers affect what I enjoy.

Thanks for this post!

2 people like this

Posted

Depends what your goal is. If all you intend to do is life skill. Then you dont really need to go above 49. If your goal is awakening and all of that. Then you need 56. Just like any MMO with pvp enabled. Expect a lot of pvp.

Posted

Depends what your goal is. If all you intend to do is life skill. Then you dont really need to go above 49. If your goal is awakening and all of that. Then you need 56. Just like any MMO with pvp enabled. Expect a lot of pvp.

I've had one PvP encounter in 2 weeks. This game is about as PvP oriented as it is P2W.

Posted

Posted

No wai 

this place is scary, some say theres a serial killer loose in the land

Posted

I wouldn't worry too much about it, but I generally find that the higher nr channels (4,5,6) often encounter fewer problems

Posted

You should just quit. With T4 pets I get like 30% karma gain with value pack. I can PK all day if I wanted to. In my spot - Kill you and grind back karma instantly. 

Posted

Honestly not all that often and if anyone says otherwise they are lying to you.

You also lose nothing when you die. Nothing.

Posted

Someone killed me twice in last 2 months. You just ress at the node and continue, or maybe change channel. This is not EvE online

Posted

Hmmm. amount of times i've been flagged on vs got my mobs Ksed.

Pirates... get flagged on once a day IF im in the competitive spot, but usually 'leave or ill keep Ksing you' press G, Declare, Guild that is not ready for war... ok.

Sausans.... straight to 'leave or ill keep Ksing you' press G, Declare, Guild that is not ready for war... ok.

Crescents.... Level 61.5 wizard. You know what i got stealth i bet i can take him down. press G, Declare, YES GUILD DEC PASSED. wait for war to start.. OH WHAT THE FREAK. level 61.5 wizard under guild protection. right then.

any other spot.... same people as me dejected with the mess the game is in, dont even feel like flagging on my bros that share the same pain.

shouldnt have deleted my negative karma zerker :/ least he could keep a spot.

Posted

You should just quit. With T4 pets I get like 30% karma gain with value pack. I can PK all day if I wanted to. In my spot - Kill you and grind back karma instantly. 

gotta clean your epeen more often.

Posted

bottom line, you wont get into regular conflict if you avoid popular zones. The conflict that you WILL see will be far and few occaisions in between. UNLESS you do things beyond common sense, like go AFK outside a safe zone in the open. going afk after making even the slightest effort to hide yourself makes you safe too.

Posted

I'm a solo PvE player.

There is a lot of single player rpg games where no Jackass McGee will ever be able to bruise your ego.

Posted

I'm thinking I will always have a 49 lock or two. From what I hear Node wars are a slide show so an immune 49 could follow cammo enemies around and act like a beacon for nukes.