• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How is the game P2W

P2W   186 votes

1. 1. Is the game p2w

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

220 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

people keep saying in general chat that the game is p2w, how is the game pay 2 win.

Edited by Darkuek

Posted

Its not, don´t listen to braindead People.

6 people like this

Posted

I predict 6 pages of p2w ranting...

Posted

Well, the best way to find out would be to spend at least $100/month on the game and getting a friend to play that will not spend any cash at all (ie, you gift them the game).

Play for 3-5 months and then report back.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, the best way to find out would be to spend at least $100/month on the game and getting a friend to play that will not spend any cash at all (ie, you gift them the game).

Play for 3-5 months and then report back.

This is not how "p2w" works.

1 person likes this

Posted

-_-

Someone ask a CM to close it when it hit 3 pages.

Posted

This thread again?! 

It's 2017 move on.

The game is what you want it to be. 

For me, its not P2W.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Win what? It's a single player game. Spending money is like putting in cheat codes. 

There is no relevant pve and the pvp is a desync fest relying on gear.

Treat this game as a singleplayer rpg and it's great. 

Edited by Warp Rider

Posted

choose a better question or get troll answers :P

2 people like this

Posted

It is not P2W, what are you expecting to win? King Koopa doesn't dance when you finish a final level. 

Posted

Its P2W because you can buy stuff that boost your progress in the game rather significantly and some of the items you can buy for cash isnt freely avalible by ingame means.

Posted (edited)

You-trolling...-Why-you-do-this.jpg

Edited by Asinith
1 person likes this

Posted

Obvious troll post sadly, you'd have to be Trump supporter kinda stupid to be blind enough to think the game isn't, very obviously, p2w.

1 person likes this

Posted

Can you buy items in game for real $$? - yes.

Can you sell those to other players for in game $$? - yes.

P2W. not the smartest or most effective way but it's there.

2 people like this

Posted

this is probably the most pay 2 rage more game I have ever played.

spend 150 dollars and watch your basi blows up

Posted

BDO isn't pay to win.  Everything available in the cash shop are convenience items .  People that use the phrase pay to win for BDO are, in my opinion, just trying to trigger peoples emotions.  There isn't even an industry standard definition for the phrase p2w so using it is useless anyway.  It means something different to everyone.  What I think everyone will agree on is what I said about it being pay for convenience. 

I really wish they would merge all these p2w post.

3 people like this

Posted

Just because a game is on the low spectrum of P2W doesnt make it not P2W or some other contortion of semantics...

That said, I enjoy the P2W thoroughly. I've spent $0 on this game since initial 30 dollar purchase just due to some glaring problems since release (They have made progress over the months). Add more P2W IMO, I like buying shit with IG currency that people spent real money on lol 

2 people like this

Posted

BDO isn't pay to win.  Everything available in the cash shop are convenience items .  People that use the phrase pay to win for BDO are, in my opinion, just trying to trigger peoples emotions.  There isn't even an industry standard definition for the phrase p2w so using it is useless anyway.  It means something different to everyone.  What I think everyone will agree on is what I said about it being pay for convenience. 

I really wish they would merge all these p2w post.

P2W is a term that stuck. Like you said there isn't a hard black and white definition of what it is, but it's buried itself into the gaming culture nonetheless. It's loosely based around the idea of exchanging real life money for ingame currency in one way or another. Thus BDO falls into the P2W grey area. To say it isn't is misleading.

Posted

It's more pay for convince really maids and pets are example of this.

Posted

P2W is a term that stuck. Like you said there isn't a hard black and white definition of what it is, but it's buried itself into the gaming culture nonetheless. It's loosely based around the idea of exchanging real life money for ingame currency in one way or another. Thus BDO falls into the P2W grey area. To say it isn't is misleading.

I'm certainly aware of what the phrase is used for having been an avid MMORPG Gamer for over 18 years.  Using the phrase as you have is only used by some people and not by others.  It is not the standard definition of p2w because there isn't one.  Your definition is no more valid than mine. 

If you Google "p2w definition" your will find hundreds of thousands of arguments over what p2w means.  It's a useless phrase used to trigger emotions and many people, like yourself, aren't using the phrase as it was originally intended.  It's the same as calling an apple an orange.  Just because you call the apple an orange doesn't make it an orange.

Posted

It's horribly p2w and if you even bother looking at what you can buy you should see this cleary.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It's horribly p2w and if you even bother looking at what you can buy you should see this cleary.

I have looked at it and I didn't find one single item that makes this game p2w (only found convenience items).  There is no gear (armor or weapons) or stat potions/scrolls that are way better than anything available to all players just by playing the game.  So BDO is clearly not p2w.

Edited by ronniejw
1 person likes this

Posted

The most basic example of pay to win was offering something such as an advanced gear/mechanic that was exclusively obtained through IRL monetary means giving the people a clear advantage over anyone unable or willing to spend RL money.. Since this has become a commonly known problem amongst game developers and known to kill their games, they have begun to shift games to the more "Pay for convenience schemes" that have created loose definitions on what P2W is as it can mean any value to any individual that feels they can gain advantage by paying rl money, there is no answer to what is P2W anymore as companies try to find ways to make money without breaking/killing the game..

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

This is not how "p2w" works.

yes, it is.

If two players play the same game, the same amount of time, in the same way—but one pays a bunch of money and thusly has an advantage over the first, then it's P2W. Two players who put the same amount of time into the game will not come out equal if one of them is buying cash-shop items. In P2W games, you buy your advantage with cash—whether that be equipment, buffs, in-game cash, or whatever. People are playing these stupid word-games, but P2W is as simple as that. It doesn't matter if you can buy these things with in-game currency, it's more advantageous to buy it with cash. It doesn't matter if extra EXP buffs are "convenient," so is buying strong weaponry and directly purchasing in-game money (that is to say: "pay for convenience" is another stupid word game, buying an advantage is always convenient, regardless of whether or not it comes in the form of +30% EXP or a helmet that gives you +30% EXP). It doesn't matter if games like Archeage are worse. P2W has always meant "the ability to buy an in-game advantage with cash." The people who stretch the definition all these other ways are people who are figuring out ways to defend their game of preference as not P2W.

Black Desert is P2W. I like Black Desert. It's a pretty fun game with some interesting systems in place—it's a game I play regularly. Overall, it's a pretty solid game, but the P2W aspects definitely detract from this, as they would from any game. You like the P2W aspects? Good, fine. You don't like them? Good, fine. Stop trying to convolute the definition of P2W to fit whether or not you like it.

Edited by AmagicalFishy
4 people like this

Posted

Honestly in this day and age the only thing you can do is find the game that has "P2W" values that you can stand, or get behind. Otherwise you're going to waste your life stressing over a games way of making money, for some the line of P2W acceptance is greater or less than anothers.