• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How is the game P2W

P2W   186 votes

1. 1. Is the game p2w

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

220 posts in this topic

Posted

now watch him reply to you instead of the two other people that just shot him and every other "bdo isn't p2w" person down

Meh, maybe we should just start repeating one another as is the concept these guys are using anyway.

Brb though, editing the wikipedia page for p2w so I can link it as truth. At least wikipedia is somewhat more reliable than -----ing urban dictionary lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

Literally no such games exist cause noone would play them.

WTB more likes, I ran out. Can I p2w some likes please? :(

Do you life behind the Moon???

now watch him reply to you instead of the two other people that just shot him and every other "bdo isn't p2w" person down

Look at the Poll and shoot yourself down.

Posted

Live*.

No, I don't believe so. I might be deceived though. Maybe I believe it hard enough, I won't live behind the moon. Buyers remorse and all that.

Sorry, what was your point?

Posted

Live*.

No, I don't believe so. I might be deceived though. Maybe I believe it hard enough, I won't live behind the moon. Buyers remorse and all that.

Sorry, what was your point?

Just your blatant ignoring that those Games exist.

Posted

Just your blatant ignoring that those Games exist.

Alright, I'll concede.

Those games do not exist in the west cause we simply won't stand for that shit.

Happy?

Posted (edited)

Alright, I'll concede.

Those games do not exist in the west cause we simply won't stand for that shit.

Happy?

Ok fine, you live behind the Moon, its ok......

And no, im not going to Google all the Shit for you, i guess your old enough to do it yourself.

Edited by Caduryn

Posted

Ok fine, you live behind the Moon, its ok......

You can say that as many times as you like, you're only actually doing yourself a disservice doing so though.

Posted (edited)

Look at the Poll and shoot yourself down.

LMAOOOO

I was right

Man didn't even bother replying to two posts proving him wrong

Man went straight for the uninformed poll to prove himself right, yet he's wrong

you act a lot like your profile pic- a baby

Edited by rcon

Posted (edited)

1000euros in and I'm not seeing the p2w anywhere.

Show me where I can buy a HEX kzarka sword from the pearl shop. Oh there's none so git gud 

A casual player can get PEN gear within a year just from handouts.

Edited by Ama

Posted

LMAOOOO
I was right

Man didn't even bother replying to two posts proving him wrong

Man went straight for the uninformed poll to prove himself right, yet he's wrong

you act a lot like your profile pic- a baby

Says the Baby that don´t know what P2W means.

Uninformed Poll? More like you ignoring the truth.

Well im out, my Brain need a break from all those Jokes in this Topic.

Posted (edited)

Says the Baby that don´t know what P2W means.

Uninformed Poll? More like you ignoring the truth.

Well im out, my Brain need a break from all those Jokes in this Topic.

yet you fail to debunk my example, and tgcyrus' example, so it's pure ignorance from your side i'm afraid

Edited by rcon

Posted

Show me pls

Haha, good luck getting a "valid" reply. B|

Posted

Show me pls

Virtually pointless argument since you could've spent 1000 Euro on .. actually, at this point it doesn't matter.

You've spent to get a clear and obvious advantage over everyone who hasn't. It'd be interesting to see what exactly you spent 1000 Euro for to point out how much of an advantage you've gotten, but yanno, this isn't very likely to happen and I'm not going to ask cause it's none of my business. But you DO know that you've got an advantage over someone who hasn't spent that money.

Posted

funny how it's primarily forum shitposters with 1000s of posts saying the game isn't pay2win
truly interesting :]

Posted

yet you fail to debunk my example, and tgcyrus' example, so it's pure ignorance from your side i'm afraid

Does not matter, in the "End", everyone is equal, no matter how much you spend, unlike in a real P2W Game where you never reach what People who pay reach.

Posted

Does not matter, in the "End", everyone is equal, no matter how much you spend, unlike in a real P2W Game where you never reach what People who pay reach.

I gave a clear example where that's objectively, clearly, not true, maybe if you could actually read and not act like an autist you'd see it

Posted

funny how it's primarily forum shitposters with 1000s of posts saying the game isn't pay2win

:(

Posted (edited)

Show me where I can buy a HEX kzarka sword from the pearl shop. Oh there's none so git gud 

A casual player can get PEN gear within a year just from handouts.

> 1000 Euros Spent

> Doesn't believe game is p2w

If you don't know how to get ahead in this game with 1000 Euros, you are the King of All Scrubs. Nothing can help you.

Give me a fresh account with 100k pearls, and I will show you a lvl 60 with 500 GS within 2 months. You have no idea how much earning power you have with that amount of pearls. The fact that you don't know how to use it speaks to your utter lack of ability to play this game. Just because you don't know how to use pearls to win at this game doesn't mean others don't. You don't know what you don't know.

EDIT: 10/10 troll. I fell for it.

Well trolled sir. Tip of the Fedora to you!

Edited by TGCyrus

Posted (edited)

Buy 8 pets and breed them so you get about 4 tier 3s

Buy a value pack

get 2-3x the amount of silver your normally would grinding

Buy artisan memorys

upgrade armor for 1/2 the cost.

Buy inventory, weight increase, and a life skill costume

tripples overnight income

buy storage increases

get 100+ more contribution

Edited by IHirs
1 person likes this

Posted

Absolutely nonsense, unless you assume that the player who didn't buy pearl plays for X longer (X being a variable based on a number of factors). Which is just devaluing that players time into nothingness which is pretty damned rude.

Posted

Virtually pointless argument since you could've spent 1000 Euro on .. actually, at this point it doesn't matter.

You've spent to get a clear and obvious advantage over everyone who hasn't. It'd be interesting to see what exactly you spent 1000 Euro for to point out how much of an advantage you've gotten, but yanno, this isn't very likely to happen and I'm not going to ask cause it's none of my business. But you DO know that you've got an advantage over someone who hasn't spent that money.

and that advantage is short lived.

For example let's simplify artisan mem give me 3x faster progression or destruction cuz rng. 

I'll reach pen 3.5x/3x faster than another guy cuz (upgrading gear = faster farm/more money but it caps off afterawhile) so while I'm at pen you could say I'm winning but eventually the other guy will catch up and then? 

Not p2w imo, only things I see that are p2w are weight increases (who has more pots wins) and maids (even more pots)

Posted

For example let's simplify artisan mem give me 3x faster progression or destruction cuz rng. 

I'll reach pen 3.5x/3x faster than another guy cuz (upgrading gear = faster farm/more money but it caps off afterawhile) so while I'm at pen you could say I'm winning but eventually the other guy will catch up and then? 

Not p2w imo, only things I see that are p2w are weight increases (who has more pots wins) and maids (even more pots)

Posted (edited)

Let's, for the sake of educating the indoctrinated masses, assume you aren't trolling.

If you think the only use for Pearls is Artisan's Memories, you sir, are a scrub.

Once again, 100k pearls will allow you to get you far more than just triple the silver of someone who doesn't buy pearls. You will have hundreds more CP to invest on the map, netting you absurd income levels compared to a pleb who is forced to buy storage with CP. Not to mention T4 pets, processing costumes, weight increases, inventory increases, etc etc. 

Of course you wouldn't know anything about this, because you are a scrub. I'm not here to teach you how to play the game. I might consider it for about...100k pearls.

Edited by TGCyrus

Posted

Let's, for the sake of educating the indoctrinated masses, assume you aren't trolling.

If you think the only use for Pearls is Artisan's Memories, you sir, are a scrub.

Once again, 100k pearls will allow you to get you far more than just triple the silver of someone who doesn't buy pearls. You will have hundreds more CP to invest on the map, netting you absurd income levels compared to a pleb who is forced to buy storage with CP. Not to mention processing costumes, weight increases, inventory increases, etc etc. 

Of course you wouldn't know anything about this, because you are a scrub. I'm not here to teach you how to play the game. I might consider it for about...100k pearls.

I only pay pearls for underwear models in my home

Posted

Everyone in this game can achieve the exact same levels and gear by playing the game even if they don't buy anything off the cash shop.  Buying the items off the cash shop makes advancing more convenient in most cases thus cutting down the grinding time.  It's not pay to win unless you can buy much better gear/weapons or super buff potions/scrolls with real money that can't be obtained from just playing the game (note that every persons definition of what p2w means is nothing more than their own opinion and the definition I use is the one used when the phrase was first used and not the distorted one others here are using).  It's all very simple. 

I doubt we will ever have any real productive discussion until people stop distorting the discussion by claiming convenience items in BDO are p2w (this just leads to arguments about the meaning of p2w which sidetracks the discussion) and not until people are willing to take the time to grasp the logic behind external factors giving players an advantage (both time and money are external factors that give players an advantage in game).  What this discussion should be about, in my opinion, is the balance between the advantage provided by external factors (both time and money).  If it is logical to control that advantage gained by one external factor, such as money, the same logic can be used to argue in favor of controlling another external factor, time.

It's my view that because some people are time poor and others are money poor that there needs to be a balance between these two specific external factors.

I hardly ever see these people who are making these distorted p2w claims also complaining about the advantage having more time to spend playing the game will give you.