• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

It is worth making multiple Gatherering alts?

8 posts in this topic

Posted

The reason why I was wondering because right now, I have a bunch of stuff I need to gather (meat, hides, logs, rough stones) for cooking, alchemy, or to simply sell but my current gathering alt simply does not have that much energy to do all of that at once. I'm sitting at around 200 energy so I thought it be a good idea to making Gathering alts to do certain gathering. However, leveling all of them back to around Professional(Bare minimum level req) is going to take quite some time. So, it may be a silly question but should I:
1. Level 3 alts to about Professional Gathering and have them each gather a certain material. 

2. use those alts to store energy and let my current Gathering alt gather everything BUT on certain days (EX: Monday: hides, Tuesday: logs, etc etc).

3. Alternative solution you guys suggest

Either way, I am most likely going to have to increase my energy (which I am currently doing) so yeah.

As for time I can put into BDO, currently I'm on a one week break so I can put in about 6-8 hours into BDO, but once I go back to school it will drop down to maybe 2-4 hours

Note: My current gathering alt is Artisan 3.

Posted

I would say get all of your alts that you have no need/use for their energy and raise them up to atleast skilled 5 gathering. That way you can slowly gather more stuff (if you have a bed, then energy regen is easier). You also have a good chance of getting more hards and sharps which is never a bad thing. Use your lower level charactes for things like goat mountain and lumbering and the higher for the harder enemy gathering area and your golden

Posted

No. Use your alts to make energy potions and get your energy cap up on your main.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

As for time I can put into BDO, currently I'm on a one week break so I can put in about 6-8 hours into BDO, but once I go back to school it will drop down to maybe 2-4 hours

Passively level up your alts to skilled 5 in gathering by filling bottles of river water then filter for purified water and alluvial gold which you can then use for alchemy if you ever want to try it or just sell for some decent income. I usually do this every 3 days on an alt when they've recovered 150 energy, while they are auto collecting I'll minimise to desktop and play other games to pass the time. Once they're at skilled 5 and they can use shining steel tools it becomes bearable to have numerous gathering alts, any less than skilled 5 and it's just mind numbingly boring for the time it takes to gather.

You can of course active gather with your alts to level them but it's very time consuming, repetitive and flat out boring at lows levels

Edited by ArgleBargle
1 person likes this

Posted

What i do is have alt parked on certain material

everyday they regen 24 energy and i spend about 3 mins dumping their energy once a day 

everything they gather i maid back to storage and also maid me my tools if i need any 

i also switch my main toon out during my lunch break at work after i cap my 200 energy 

Posted

I'm kind of juggling this question around myself. Everything about Black Desert screams spam, spam, spammy, spam and spamming alts wouldn't be excluded. Getting one character to say Master in Gathering would likely take as long as getting 12 to Professional 5 or so. That's the way the game scales. Knowing the benefits of Pro Gathering over even skilled 5 I could see having 12xenergy at Pro as being far more effective in true gathering. I used corn as my sample source and an hour of corn gathering on a Pro 10 got me 300% more than even a Skilled 5. I also expect future content to play the grade game though and they will gate it behind higher and higher levels of life skills. Kind of like Whale hunting is now. So it like most things in this game is a trade off.

Posted

I just tend to turn all my alt's energy into the XL energy potions and ship em over to my main with master gathering, it might not be the most efficient use of energy but having a high gathering level without having to level it up on 12 other characters is way easier.

Posted

The reason why I was wondering because right now, I have a bunch of stuff I need to gather (meat, hides, logs, rough stones) for cooking, alchemy, or to simply sell but my current gathering alt simply does not have that much energy to do all of that at once. I'm sitting at around 200 energy so I thought it be a good idea to making Gathering alts to do certain gathering. However, leveling all of them back to around Professional(Bare minimum level req) is going to take quite some time. So, it may be a silly question but should I:
1. Level 3 alts to about Professional Gathering and have them each gather a certain material. 

2. use those alts to store energy and let my current Gathering alt gather everything BUT on certain days (EX: Monday: hides, Tuesday: logs, etc etc).

3. Alternative solution you guys suggest

Either way, I am most likely going to have to increase my energy (which I am currently doing) so yeah.

Note: My current gathering alt is Artisan 3.

Remember red battlefield daily that's giving you 200 energy a day.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0