• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I just tried a node war for the first time in a large guild. 1/10 gameplay

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Why is this game tries to do battles with 100 people on each time is beyond me. ITS NOT READY FOR THAT LMFAO.

It's like, hey, we CAN DO big battles in this game but just be aware most of your abilities wont work properly and you'll get a solid 5 fps. Game bites off wayyy more than it can chew.

With the current optimization and server stability- 20v20 should be the MAX battle size. Beyond that and nearly everyone is just standing around in a slur of desync and lag, with wizards raking in mass kills by slamming down a couple buttons in a general direction. ITS A JOKE. 

Not only does the game over reach here, it ENCOURAGES IT. Every guild wants 100 people to take a castle, so they want you to see the crappy performance! They push you to it! 

On a side note- small guild node wars are FUN, but unfortunately the buildings are TOO STRONG and these are more often a DRAW. Node war is in ALPHA if you ask me, i could pull up an early access title on steam for 5 bucks and have more fun than playing that garbage.

8 people like this

Posted

5 guilds(100 people) on a node should be max, had 8 guilds on 1 node once, that was aids, 20 fps ;(

Posted

Why is this game tries to do battles with 100 people on each time is beyond me. ITS NOT READY FOR THAT LMFAO.

It's like, hey, we CAN DO big battles in this game but just be aware most of your abilities wont work properly and you'll get a solid 5 fps. Game bites off wayyy more than it can chew.

With the current optimization and server stability- 20v20 should be the MAX battle size. Beyond that and nearly everyone is just standing around in a slur of desync and lag, with wizards raking in mass kills by slamming down a couple buttons in a general direction. ITS A JOKE. 

Not only does the game over reach here, it ENCOURAGES IT. Every guild wants 100 people to take a castle, so they want you to see the crappy performance! They push you to it! 

On a side note- small guild node wars are FUN, but unfortunately the buildings are TOO STRONG and these are more often a DRAW. Node war is in ALPHA if you ask me, i could pull up an early access title on steam for 5 bucks and have more fun than playing that garbage.

cuz there are those idiots afk fishing and processing in ch1 during node war and siege. they need to get kicked out of ch1 but the devs are not implementing this feature wonders why.

1 person likes this

Posted

The devs and kakao don't care.

i don't get how you guys don't get this.

i only play OwPVP because node/siege is a terrible experience unless you've got the top of the line hardware and even then some of them report problems.

the game is a joke, but there is no other MMO on the market rn 

1 person likes this

Posted

YEP

Posted (edited)

the game is a joke, but there is no other MMO on the market rn 

True

BDO is the only playable MMO out there. It is having success because there are literally no competitors. WoW, BnS, Tera, FF14 those trash games are not rivals.

Edited by FapperJack
2 people like this

Posted

But the 2 FPS look sooooooo pretty!!!!

HURRR DURRRRRR 

Posted

hurrr my pc cant handle node wars shite game durrrr

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

hurrr my pc cant handle node wars shite game durrrr

doesn't matter how good your PC is, you get bad FPS with 150+ people on the screen at once.
AKA: lots of t3 nodes and seiges

Source: 6700k @ 4.6ghz + 3200 16gb ram + gtx 1080

Edited by xcandykitten

Posted

doesn't matter how good your PC is, you get bad FPS with 150+ people on the screen at once.AKA: lots of t3 nodes and seiges

ok

1 person likes this

Posted

i shouldn't share this with potential enemies but i'm a paragon of this community with over 2,000 reputation so i'll share as i always have 

restarting your pc drastically improves bdo performance, closing coherent UI is essential for playing the game and the most overlooked thing is that if you use the search function in marketplace your client will start stuttering and be horrible

the only ways to fix the marketplace stutter is to open marketplace and go on "view my items" and then close it and to avoid using market except selecting a category of item before you use the search function but i wouldnt even touch the market when doing a siege

if you follow all this you can participate in 100man+ sieges with effects on (as long as you lower graphics) even with lower-tier PC's

6 people like this

Posted

if you follow all this you can participate in 100man+ sieges with effects on (as long as you lower graphics) even with lower-tier PC's

Now you went to far with this line of Bullshit.

Posted

doesn't matter how good your PC is, you get bad FPS with 150+ people on the screen at once.AKA: lots of t3 nodes and seiges

U need a SSD, that is a MUST to have, those superfast M.2 SSDs are recommended.(Heat sinking is an issue here though) HDD is too slow to handle BDO's mass PVP. 

Posted

Now you went to far with this line of Bullshit.

i was in sieges with 3 guilds with over 60 people fighting on the same place with i5 3570k processor

not sure why everyone on the forum is so full of themselves without anything to show for it 

Posted

Game is terribly optimized. That is all that needs to be said. 

Posted

Game is terribly optimized. That is all that needs to be said. 

What is optimization, tell me without googling it.

Posted

There is a very easy solution, enable a key combination to hide every non enemy from your screen and show only name of allies/neutrals around.

This would save a TON of resources, and is already implemented in games like Aion,

Thinking is not the strong point of PA.

Posted (edited)

What is optimization, tell me without googling it.

Bad optimization simply means "idiotic use of resources". This game renders things you don't need to see and doesn't even utilizes all the resources present (no multi core, GPU barely 40% under load same with CPU). Hell most of the lag is from the UI elements memory leaking. 

Edited by Vocation

Posted

FPS isn't even an issue for some people, it's the incredible amounts of lag that really ruins large node wars/sieges, and we can't do anything about that. 

Also I normally don't agree with Irrelevant but his advice in this thread actually does help. Maybe try it first instead of insulting him.

Posted (edited)

All the MMOs I've ever played get resource intensive with a lot of players and effects on the screen. I tend to turn off other player's effects during node wars so I can keep a steady 40+ FPS at all times even with 60-70 players in clip range - but even for that performance you need a computer up to it. This game is very CPU intensive. I was only seeing 40% GPU usage with my previous setup (i7 950 @ 4.4ghz) and had bad FPS, then I upgraded to a 6850K @ 4.4ghz and I'm now seeing pegged 100% GPU usage at all times during node wars/rbf because the bottleneck has changed from the CPU to the GPU. 

Edited by Kutsuu

Posted

i was in sieges with 3 guilds with over 60 people fighting on the same place with i5 3570k processor

not sure why everyone on the forum is so full of themselves without anything to show for it 

Your information is irrelevant.

Any gamer with half a job has some sort of I5 or I7 processor. The Ghz doesnt matter. I can, and have monitored my CPU over various programs and this game doesnt even draw above 70% of my cpu, let alone half of my GPU. Also, stating "over 60" makes your argument even more irrelevant, as 60 or 30v30 runs OK (not great). The node wars in question have about 80 people on screen for any given engagement.

All the MMOs I've ever played get resource intensive with a lot of players and effects on the screen. I tend to turn off other player's effects during node wars so I can keep a steady 40+ FPS at all times even with 60-70 players in clip range - but even for that performance you need a computer up to it. This game is very CPU intensive. I was only seeing 40% GPU usage with my previous setup (i7 950 @ 4.4ghz) and had bad FPS, then I upgraded to a 6850K @ 4.4ghz and I'm now seeing pegged 100% GPU usage at all times during node wars/rbf because the bottleneck has changed from the CPU to the GPU. 

So out of all the MMO's you've played, you never once tried WoW? you know, that game where 100 people can be fighting and u still draw at least 40 fps? Did i mention that i never had a single case of desync in the 2 years i played WoW? 

Posted

Your information is irrelevant.

Any gamer with half a job has some sort of I5 or I7 processor. The Ghz doesnt matter. I can, and have monitored my CPU over various programs and this game doesnt even draw above 70% of my cpu, let alone half of my GPU. Also, stating "over 60" makes your argument even more irrelevant, as 60 or 30v30 runs OK (not great). The node wars in question have about 80 people on screen for any given engagement.

So out of all the MMO's you've played, you never once tried WoW? you know, that game where 100 people can be fighting and u still draw at least 40 fps? Did i mention that i never had a single case of desync in the 2 years i played WoW? 

Higher clock speed absolutely matters by the way. Going from the stock 3.6 to 4.4 on mine was roughly a 20% performance bump. Just because your task manager doesn't show 100% usage does not mean that you won't see better performance from a higher clock speed. 

No, I've never played WoW. I was too caught up with Dark Ages of Camelot for WoW's heydey and had no interest in playing it by around 2008 when I started looking at other games. 

Posted

Higher clock speed absolutely matters by the way. Going from the stock 3.6 to 4.4 on mine was roughly a 20% performance bump. Just because your task manager doesn't show 100% usage does not mean that you won't see better performance from a higher clock speed. 

No, I've never played WoW. I was too caught up with Dark Ages of Camelot for WoW's heydey and had no interest in playing it by around 2008 when I started looking at other games. 

Youre lieing to yourself with that 20% statement. This debate has been made all over the internet and here you are without a clue. The difference would be more in the range of 1-5 fps with the increases taking place during the valleys of performance- essentially making stutter less stuttery. as for the average FPS, given that you have the same cores on your 3.2ghz as a 5.0ghz the 5.0ghz would only pull- on average, 1-5 more frames during the massive frequency increases (when the engine is finding stability)

Posted

As a Wizard i disapprove of this post. Please keep the game as is so that i can slam frozen people to oblivion.

Posted

Are you sure you are lagging and not just cced? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)