• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Best Life Skill Tree?

What do you think is the best life skill to make money from?   73 votes

1. 1. What is the Best Life Skill to make Money from?

• Cooking
    • Farming
    • Gathering
    • Processing
    • Alchemy
    • Training
    • Fishing
    • Trading

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

Posted

What would be the best Life Skill Tree to make a lot of profit from?

Posted

Any of those, I think, with the exception of Training (unless you want to use a lot of real money) and maybe farming?

You probably want to take a multi-pronged approach.  Like, have workers make crates for you to level trading (which people say only becomes profitable at Master 2), fish when you are afk, have workers gather nodes that you can cook or do alchemy with. 

Try out different things and see what works.  The server is busy enough that you can sell almost anything on the market and it will be bought within a day or two.

Posted

As the question is so generic, there can be only one answer:

Fishing. Press space bar, come back a few hours later and be a few millions richer.

Posted (edited)

I find farming is a good way to cut costs and energy in cooking/alchemy. I.e. Milk, crops, and mushrooms. I mean you can add things like working farms for shards, but I find farming more of a secondary profiting because of the high contribution requirement to have maximum farm slots (approximately 1/3rd of contribution at current soft cap of 300)

Edited by Eto

Posted

Gathering/cooking; fishing/trading; farming/alchemy. These skills grouped together have produced long term maximum results for me. Of course alchemy doesn't work without gathering, but rare drops from farming are a necessity at higher alchemy levels.

Posted (edited)

Heh! A lot of people don't realize of the utility that Farming has to supply 3 professions at once: Trading, Cooking, and Alchemy by a big margin! It may seem slow but it isn't for as long you find a good location for your crops, it has a great number of benefits:

• Best Hard/Shard source income.
  • Self-sustainable. Never pay a dime for seeds after your initial investment & you may never need to, just gather some bushes, trinkets and get seeds.
  • Supplies with an abundant number of Fruit of XYZ used to create your own magic crystals.
  • Hundreds if not thousands of fruit harvested ever day benefiting Cooking, Alchemy and Trading.
  • Insane Weeds supply for alchemy.
  • Minimal energy consumption at higher levels, i.e. 25% chance at Artisan 8~10 without compromising other gathering activities you perform.
  • Allows you to do other things while crops grow in the background.

I could be missing out other benefits, it's late here. I believe Alchemy is by a good margin better than Cooking, the downside is that you have to do more manual activities rather than keep workers collecting some ingredients for you, so it gets tedious for people and choose a lazier profession.

Cheerios ~♥

bTQ3u8R.gif

Edited by FayeAldridge
Adding more context
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Purely for money fishing + trading >>>>

With m2 trade and Artisan+ fishing you will be able to make 9-10m/h active fishing off epheria and trading into Valencia. 

Heh! A lot of people don't realize of the utility that Farming has to supply 3 professions at once: Trading, Cooking, and Alchemy by a big margin! It may seem slow but it isn't for as long you find a good location for your crops, it has a great number of benefits:

• Self-sustainable. Never pay a dime for seeds after your initial investment & you may never need to, just gather some bushes, trinkets and get seeds.
  • Supplies with an abundant number of Fruit of XYZ used to create your own magic crystals.
  • Hundreds if not thousands of fruit harvested ever day benefiting Cooking, Alchemy and Trading.
  • Minimal energy consumption at higher levels, i.e. 25% chance at Artisan 8~10 without compromising other gathering activities you perform.

I could be missing out other benefits, it's late here. I believe Alchemy is by a good margin better than Cooking, the downside is that you have to do more manual activities rather than keep workers collecting some ingredients for you, so it gets tedious for people and choose a lazier profession.

Cheerios ~♥

bTQ3u8R.gif

You left out the CP cost which is insane. No endgame player has 100 free CP laying around to really make farming decent

Edited by Eppo

Posted

Combination of processing(at least artisan) + trading(master 2) is the most profitable life skill tree(s), if you make crates and sell with max distance bonus, bargain and desert buff.

Main reason it's more profitable than cooking&alchemy is because there's no need for preparations when making crates. Workers bring the stuff, so only have to press one button like a braindead.

If I want to make 10 millions per hour cooking, for example, I have to spend time travelling, gathering, processing as well as crafting ingredients, before able to make consumables. Or worse, do the milk mini-game lol. So all preparations required just to get started, lowers the profit /hour.

With alchemy the issue is also about ingredients being rarer or harder to obtain, making it impossible to mass-produce profitable items more than maybe once or twice a week.

Maybe someone have a difference experience? As master 6 alchemist and master 7 cook personally, I still make way more money from crate production&trade sadly ¬¬

Gathering is the second most profitable or important life skill imo. Without it, both cooking, alchemy and many crafted designs becomes impossible to do, because can't buy that stuff from the marketplace. No one really sells high demand materials, unless you can get them from node using worker. Gathering stuff like meat, skins, logs, stones and bloods yourself is really important. But also the amount if money you're saving by farming your own hard&sharp, makes it very profitable.

Should probably also mention that correct setup is crucial for life skills to be profitable. You need upgraded life skill cloths, pearl costume if available, life alchemy stone and buff food. It's actually easier to gear up for normal PvE grinding lol.

Posted

Cheerios ~♥

bTQ3u8R.gif

Can't really argue with this. Farming is the best by far for silver per CP once you've hit master 2. To keep up with production for trading crates you'll need a large amount of workers for it or specialized packers. Farming is also the least time intensive lifeskill. It really is hands down the best with respect to time per silver as well. People should almost always start with a base in farming and then build from there into adding processing/fishing. That's about all I feel like adding to this. We could start writing essays about how the effective the endgame of each lifeskill can be.

Purely for money fishing + trading >>>>

With m2 trade and Artisan+ fishing you will be able to make 9-10m/h active fishing off epheria and trading into Valencia. 

You left out the CP cost which is insane. No endgame player has 100 free CP laying around to really make farming decent

I'm not sure why you believe endgame players don't have 100 free available CP. I also don't get why you call farming "decent" since at its ceiling you can make 250mil a week off of 10 sunflower farms with 4 harvests a day. Cut that down to 50 CP and it's still 125mil a week. On the low end, 150mil a week with 10 farms and 75mil with 5. With almost no effort. In addition, you can fish ontop of farming which works in tandem with your suggestion.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0