• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Farming questions

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys,

I'm just starting to look into the farming stuff ... I found it very original in that farming is that deep in MMORPG but before starting to look further I have an important question !

Is that possible to do farming and to have an IRL job ? I mean, will it be profitable ? 

The best would be to have to take care of my farm every 6 to 8 hours only. 

Im not hoping to do millions and millions, but this activity looks fun and it could be a good sustainable income while im disconnected. (Because I can't let my computer running all day)

Thanks for your help !

See ya IG,

Daestys

Posted

What i've found so far in farming  (am skilled 5) atm , is that u still can go afk for 6-8 hrs but only if your not interested in leveling your farming skill up. Pruning is the main leveling up process to get farming xp . I ve found the breeding and harvesting gives very little xp. So u have 2 options , (a) hire workers , have them work on your farms , but u wont get any pruning xp, meaning u wont get much in the way of farming progress xp,  (b) do it yourself and get as many farms as u can manage. I did 10 large farms , made a ton of the best fertilizer and distilled water, and fished near by.

If u prune reg and feed and water often, it will grow faster and have a slightly better crop, but at skilled 5 atm where am at the better yield is not much. Am near by most of the time so i have not really neglected my farms for 8hrs to see what really the effect is in not watering or feeding/pruning will do, But am of the opinion that it extends the crops growing time quite a lot and the crop suffers.

Yes theres profit to be made, a very good one if u have good rotation on breeding and harvesting. once your of high enough level i suggest u leave the farming to your workers if your only after the crop, but if u need to level farming your going to have to prune, For the first couple of levels noob-apprentice u will mainly get your seed back ( the one u planted) and maybe a clone of the same seed. At apprentice to skilled i started to notice i got my seed back and a higher tier seed. U can plant blue seeds straight out the gate if u have the funds, but tech it will be wasted on low level farmers, u wont be able to breed as many  and the crops wont be as good as a pro. My goal was to start growing crap seeds in the first farm, breed the higher grade to my next better farms, multiply and the last farms are for cropping only, having an infinite supply of seeds all strating from 1 crap seed.  The going to work  for 8 hrs and coming home to a red batch every day will take u an age to level farming unless u put in the ground work to get your dude to a level where u wont suffer as much crop / sanity wise.  

gl

Posted

once u start farming special crops the grow times range from 4-8 hours. im almost master farming now, with 10 fences I normally only check my crops once in the morning and once at night

Posted

Im not hoping to do millions and millions, but this activity looks fun and it could be a good sustainable income while im disconnected. (Because I can't let my computer running all day)

Your crops don't grow when you're offline.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0