• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Maintenance] Maintenance March 29th

271 posts in this topic

Posted

Never for EU or NA, it's a Korean PC Cafe promotion exclusive.

its not anymore

Posted

Other regions pay nothing and get the same free content months before we do

Not complaining, just saying

plus they have the real ability to buy almost every cash shop item from the marketplace 

Posted

Gamers these days amaze me.

Unfortunately, they've always been around - they're just a lot more vocal these days, since many companies are willing to appease them when they start their feeding frenzy of whining :D!

Posted (edited)

No wonder Kakao Games rarely reads these forums. I came here to find out what is new with the maintenance and found a thread full of self entitled whiners. You are playing a pay $30 once to play a game for free for ever and get free content and you STILL whine like a bunch of 3 year olds not getting their favorite candy. Gamers these days amaze me.

If you're calling people who don't appreciate announcements and schedules being redacted "self entitled whiners" then I don't even know what that makes you. If they had no intention releasing any of the stuff they promised today then they shouldn't have made a post saying so. Also I'm not sure who managed to buy the game and nothing else, seeing as without the cash shop items such as pets this game becomes nothing but a chore to play.

Edited by nty

Posted

Im not whining im just waiting till they done ... and yea i dont believe ppl just buy a game and nothing else .... i bought game for 30 xD and already paid 250 euro for next daum cash so..... They dont give content for free .... they make alot of money from Players and cash shop :) 

Posted

Please just make this game P2W already.

Posted

I understand we want stuff, but you guys sure can be jerks. Maybe if we are just a little bit more courteous and understanding of what it takes to develop, perhaps the GMs would be more inspired to work. Sure, you put money and time in BDO, but why the hell will you continue to expend your resources into something in which you are unhappy? Enjoy the game, make your suggestions/wishlists/comments, but please be respectful. You wouldn't act this way with someone handling your food. If you do, good luck.

If you'd been here for a year you wouldn't be saying this. There's way too many cases of outright lies and deceit from the Kakao EU studio to be courteous and understanding. A lot of us were roped into the game because of pre-launch interviews that turned out to be, yanno, lies. And when called out on it, all we get is radio silence.

-----, go read the announcement thread for selling on the marketplace and tell me they deserve courtesy and understanding.

Patch is out for download, 633.58MB

Size may be due to future content preload or something in this patch that Kakao didn't knew about.

Nope, that's just what furniture takes of space in the client, particularly cause the patcher is about as bad as it gets (patcher literally replacing every single changed file - and sometimes they change files without actually changing anything).

2 people like this

Posted

OK, so what's happening?

Posted

Y'all got no patience on the DK awakening.... It has been 28 days, Korea got it after 41 days.

Just chill out a bit, and if other regions are so much better? Well no one is holding you here against your will.

Posted

Y'all got no patience on the DK awakening.... It has been 28 days, Korea got it after 41 days.

Just chill out a bit, and if other regions are so much better? Well no one is holding you here against your will.

for that last one, if we want to be fair, a bit with ipblock (I know, their way to pass through it but....)

Posted

Nope, that's just what furniture takes of space in the client

Even if that was only furnitures, tis only composed of three files (texture, model & script). Noting tho that for that it need to replace a paz file, that only mean 3, not the 40+ that got edited during this patch.

Posted

Its ok you gonna keep crying in rbf anyways

What lol?  I haven't done an RBF in months.  You must have me confused with someone else.

Posted

another 160mb !!

1 person likes this

Posted

Even if that was only furnitures, tis only composed of three files (texture, model & script). Noting tho that for that it need to replace a paz file, that only mean 3, not the 40+ that got edited during this patch.

Sometimes they simply change the order of text in the files resulting in those files needing to be replaced by the patcher.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5fvkzu/ever_wonder_why_we_have_multiple_gb_patches_every/

tl:dr; the only patcher in the industry that's remotely as bad is Steams. 

Posted

out of all the complaints, not a single one on misleading patch completion time

Posted

What lol?  I haven't done an RBF in months.  You must have me confused with someone else.

Yes he thinks you are Lemon. The tamer from EU.

Somehow he have missed that his forum name is irrelevant. I thought everyone knew this by now! xD

Posted

So, yet another lie eh?

Thanks. And before people go "it was redacted" it STILL SAYS 'this march' as 'free updateS'.

Edit: At the time of this post the video linked above did indeed say what the quote says. This has later been removed. If you question the validity of my complaint, feel free to check out https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqO_ISWLfVM where the description is in all its glory.

youtubedesc2.png

I also saw what you are stating here. I can't believe that they would go so far as to remove it. I would have been happy with an apology.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes he thinks you are Lemon. The tamer from EU.

Somehow he have missed that his forum name is irrelevant. I thought everyone knew this by now! xD

Yup haha I play NA.

Posted

updated the 633mb, shut down the launcher, just turned it back on, another 152mb (what is this?)

Posted

updated the 633mb, shut down the launcher, just turned it back on, another 152mb (what is this?)

this is the weekly, we gave you the wrong patch fix :)

Posted

Sometimes they simply change the order of text in the files resulting in those files needing to be replaced by the patcher.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5fvkzu/ever_wonder_why_we_have_multiple_gb_patches_every/

tl:dr; the only patcher in the industry that's remotely as bad is Steams. 

Just to point to you that I found it an interesting read and to thank you for sharing it.

(I do understand the why of it tho)

My guess is PA gave it in two parts bu Kakao didn't notice at first.

Posted

get ready guys, it is almost time for....oh wait, nevermind, its the second coming. lets call this one, "dark nouvember"

1 person likes this

Posted

Kakao, hire more staff, shortens the update, update the wiki, is incomplete, and outdated. Missing statistical data, caps, etc.

Posted (edited)

No wonder Kakao Games rarely reads these forums. I came here to find out what is new with the maintenance and found a thread full of self entitled whiners. You are playing a pay $30 once to play a game for free for ever and get free content and you STILL whine like a bunch of 3 year olds not getting their favorite candy. Gamers these days amaze me.

Can I complain if I pay more than $30 then? Some regions pay $0 to play the same content as us, so they have no right to complain, right?

"Don't complain people, even they break everything they said or erased what they wrote on the trailer, do not complain. Just play the game and complain nothing! complain is not allowed cuz you only paid $30 to play this game."

Is that what you trying to say?

Edited by Qmm

Posted

Other regions pay nothing and get the same free content months before we do

Not complaining, just saying

50 $ + over 3000h in game, how much cost that ?

a-habit-aristotle-6806.jpg