• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

An Idea about guild sizes from other games.

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Rust is a Free for All sandbox game with pvp at its core. A lot of its popular servers hold upwards 300 people with 10,000+ unique players EACH. It many not be considered an MMO by most standards, but it feels pretty massive and it's a fantastic game.

Anyhow- on to my point. 

In rust, like BDO, each player can choose what he wants do with his destiny. It's FFA. So what happened there was the same that happened in BDO. ZERGING. The biggest servers were dominated by clans of 100's of players, having 50 or more online at any given time. If a clan is really good- other clans team up against them and win the numbers game. The community got tired of that. Really tired.

So now the majority of playership is held by servers which moderate each groups team size. limiting it from 2-5. Players who team up with more than that are permanently banned. 

And there you have it. Before your eyes you are seeing the industry evolve from its playerbase. I logged into bdo last week, joined a clan and went to one of their pvp battles over a grindspot. Same shite- They bring more people, we bring more people. They bring another clan, we bring another clan. Everyone keeps making excuses and getting mad over this or that. Pointless. This gameplay model will die soon.

Posted

ok

1 person likes this

Posted

satan%2Bmeme.jpg

Posted

snipsnip

is rust so dead that you trying to get BDO players to start ?

to be honest, Rust sucks.

good luck fam.

This gameplay model will die soon.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nope , thats were your wrong kiddo.

it's just the WoW generation that'll go back to WoW , as always.

Posted

You brought another guild over for a GvG? That's kind of sad

1 person likes this

Posted

pathetic.

Posted

lmao.

Posted

I don't know - Are you trying to make a point of some sort? I lost it at how Rust started banning players for something what apparently their game allows? Regardless - Bringing entire guilds into fight over spots is actually what *FUN* is. It's a break from grinding, enjoy it.

Posted

satan%2Bmeme.jpg

It's a bit early for Xmas talk, mate.

Posted

You have been crying about this game since July 2016, every month you make a new thread to whine about something that displeases you and how you're going to quit. Every month you return to the game just to whine again. Nearly 8 months later and I have a very simple question for you, why on earth don't you quit and move on? Think Rust is a fantastic game? Think they're handling PvP better? Go. Play. Rust. Then. :) 

3 people like this

Posted

Rust was a very fun game back in legacy even with bugs and less development put into it. It was simple but a very fun survival game that I would usually duo with a friend. With the whole revamp the new version of the game is much more advanced but it entirely changed the game and I lost most of my interest in playing the game. The vanilla is always the best part of a game. Just like BDO, vanilla ( early launch days) were very fun and exciting but over time you just lose that taste.  

As for the purpose of this thread? I don't know, I didn't read. 

Posted

Bdo > rust

game play is totally different genre and bdo has superior waifus

Posted

Yea, Rust. "Early access" since 4 years.

Because why bothering with the effort of a finished product? Early access also sells, and you don't need to care about bugs or features, because "early access".

1 person likes this

Posted

You have been crying about this game since July 2016, every month you make a new thread to whine about something that displeases you and how you're going to quit. Every month you return to the game just to whine again. Nearly 8 months later and I have a very simple question for you, why on earth don't you quit and move on? Think Rust is a fantastic game? Think they're handling PvP better? Go. Play. Rust. Then. :) 

Y do u always have to be so harsh on ppl, comrade Plunge, is that order from the supreme leader?

Ppl are complaining because this is a good game, by far the best among MMOs, but it has some serious flaws, if those flaws are fixed BDO can stay on top of the food chain among MMOs in the next decade, or even possibly the next 2 decades.

Posted

Yea, Rust. "Early access" since 4 years.

Because why bothering with the effort of a finished product? Early access also sells, and you don't need to care about bugs or features, because "early access".

exactly, this is why I dont bother playing early access games because there is 99% chance they will stay like that forever

Posted

vanilla ( early launch days) 

there is nothing vanilla about the game. it's not launched, not even beta, vanilla is usually 1.x version and not a preview phase that takes half a decade to evolve to alpha stage

Posted

Y do u always have to be so harsh on ppl, comrade Plunge, is that order from the supreme leader?

Ppl are complaining because this is a good game, by far the best among MMOs, but it has some serious flaws, if those flaws are fixed BDO can stay on top of the food chain among MMOs in the next decade, or even possibly the next 2 decades.

cuz forums r for shitposting

Posted

The only servers that restrict group play in Rust are the community servers.

Posted

Ppl are complaining

Because there's a difference between complaining and giving constructive feedback. If OP didn't make a new thread every month crying about what he doesn't like, claiming that the game is dying and that everyone's quitting; then I wouldn't post. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I like constructive feedback, right Plungie?

Posted

Because there's a difference between complaining and giving constructive feedback. If OP didn't make a new thread every month crying about what he doesn't like, claiming that the game is dying and that everyone's quitting; then I wouldn't post. 

subjective. Ur jimmies r too easily rustled if these posts have you screaming "quit the game!"

Posted

I will say the fact that people are fielding 50+ members at Tier 1 nodes is kind of shit but what can you do? Shitties love being in the big guilds. 

Posted

And there you have it. Before your eyes you are seeing the industry evolve from its playerbase. I logged into bdo last week, joined a clan and went to one of their pvp battles over a grindspot. Same shite- They bring more people, we bring more people. They bring another clan, we bring another clan. Everyone keeps making excuses and getting mad over this or that. Pointless. This gameplay model will die soon.

That's basically the essence of guild wars in MMOs. At some point, alliances and diplomacy play a big role too. It's a good thing when big zergs can win, nobody wants 1-man-armies in MMOs. Or are you suggesting that?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0