• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Life skills go pay to use?

28 posts in this topic

Posted

With the new update coming and the hype suggesting that cp increases through cooking will be again nerfed or even removed like other regions...

Is the intention for players involved with lifeskills to now have to buy the storage expansions for cities and completely rely on them to be involved in this aspect of the game? There will be no other way to increase cp after this once the patch hits.

Doing a hundred quests now might give... 2 cp? Its about 2500 items of cooking to get 1cp atm through scraps.

Stop it! Seriously, its just annoying.

Asking players to just pay $500 upfront to unlock the aspects of lifeskilling would be more honorable then this. This is just nickling and diming everyone to death.

Posted

WTF are you talking about?  You can't buy Contrib points 

Posted

you can buy worker lodging and storage tho

Posted (edited)

storage tho

EVERYONE regardless of  pearls, can Stable/Dock atleast a dozen Noble Wagons & Fishing boats for additional storage.  ...literally no excuse if you're a self proclaimed Crafter

EDIT:  infact right now, I've got PortEpheria linked to Valencia,  and 3 active mines, and 6 logging nodes, and 5 Houses (3 @ rank 1), AND 25 workers, AND 3 horse ranches, AND 5 workshops all cranking out weapons with 5 extra CP's to spare for emergencies.   Yeah this game is dumb as dogshit in a lot of its core gameplay loop, but the Node Logistics still leaves a lot of room for "Playing it Smart" thank goodness

Edited by iller

Posted

With the new update coming and the hype suggesting that cp increases through cooking will be again nerfed or even removed like other regions...

What update do you mean? 

Posted

I never liked the idea of Cooking being a method to gain CP.  Especially when it's so OP.  It really makes doing daily quests A LOT LESS valuable.

4 people like this

Posted

What the heck are you talking about? Please link to this source of information or this is a troll post.

Posted

Every Day a new Braindead Troll P2W Topic appears......

2 people like this

Posted

I would also love to see where they hve statwed they are removing the cooking/alch for CP gain system? This would be a massive change to the game for many people, especially newer and returning players that need/want to get up on par with the older players in terms of CP without having to sink hundreds of hours doing boring quests. .

Some info would be great to support what your stating as truth

Posted

i have 356 cp and got 90% from doing quest i never really think buy cooking you should get cp point anyway. if you do not like doing quest then you do not get cp point that the way it should have been from the start. But it seem everyone want a gift and not have to work for anything then why play?

2 people like this

Posted

i have 356 cp and got 90% from doing quest i never really think buy cooking you should get cp point anyway. if you do not like doing quest then you do not get cp point that the way it should have been from the start. But it seem everyone want a gift and not have to work for anything then why play?

Well some people simply don't like doing quests after doing thousands of them in other games and find doing life skills a refreshing change of pace for character advancement. For you, you seem to enjoy doing the quests, living the story and immersing yourself in the world. For me personally I'm sick of questing because I've been doing it in games since 2005 and being given an option to totally ignore it and still progress my character is very nice, esopecially now because of work.

If there was no way to obtain CP's outside of quests then I feel a load of people may just go and quit, it being teh final straw so to speak. This is after all a sandbox and not a theme park MMO like WoW or Rift or Tera, it's more like Eve Online where you find what you enjoy and make it work for you. You may not like the idea of grinding CP whilst AFK so that people can expand their life skill options, that's perfectly fine, just like I don't really like the idea of most quests not giving character exp but CP and combat exp, but that's just from years of conditioning (I still wouldn't do them, I just find it weird)  However going and calling everyone that just life skills lazy (in effect) just makes your argument null and void really...

4 people like this

Posted

Every Day a new Braindead Troll P2W Topic appears......

I have a suspicion based on this and your posts in the other thread.... You've spent alot of money on this game while not #winning.  

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a suspicion based on this and your posts in the other thread.... You've spent alot of money on this game while not #winning.  

Just a bit on Pets and Weight, whats even your point?

Posted (edited)

One of the most efficient ways to get CP is to do the valencian quest line on multiple characters. It beats CP/HR from cooking by a longshot. However cooking is afk.

Also the CP softcap is increased to 400 IIRC with kamasylvia 

Edited by Catclaw
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

After 350 CP nothing is viable, I'd have to trade 10k dishes for 1 CP, I've saved over 40k dishes in my trip to Guru cook and I bet before Kamasylve hits I'll have more than double, truth is; the only problem here is the cap, take this column for example (http://incendar.com/cpcontributionchart.php) if they moved all the cells down a peg, it would make a HUGE difference, so huge even quests would be viable.

After 350 the hard cap is so insane nothing is viable, it doesnt matter if you cook day and night like I do, you'll get crums, and trust me, 350 isnt enough, if you've played the game long enough to have 350 CP you know all the different viable ways of making money that constantly contest for your CP, the more I play the game the more I realize that not even 400 would be enough, maybe 450 would be a sweet spot, until more content is released.

My point is, 350 CP is alot but it's garbage, getting to 300 is more viable than ever with Valencia's dailies and cooking, but after 350 EVERYTHING'S irrelevant, the cap is so high it doesnt matter how much you try, you wont get anywhere, the only thing that'd give us a break is a cap raise, if they dont do it, cooking/alchemy byproducts dont impact the game at all cause the hard cap nullifies it all, and for people that dont no life the shit out of this game like I do, see the lower soft caps with the same hatred that I do the 350, which realization nullifies their hope for more CP as 350 does mine, but from a more casual perspective, lets just say that this different soft caps limit all kind of playstyles, from casuals to no lifers like me since we all get to that point were we say "fck it, this isnt worth it; CP takes too long to aquire for the time I put into it" and the only thing that can fix that is a cap raise abroad.

Untitled.png

Edited by Hemuk

Posted (edited)

After 350 the hard cap is so insane nothing is viable, it doesnt matter if you cook day and night like I do, you'll get crums, and trust me, 350 isnt enough, if you've played the game long enough to have 350 CP you know all the different viable ways of making money that constantly contest for your CP, the more I play the game the more I realize that not even 400 would be enough, maybe 450 would be a sweet spot, until more content is released.

My friend, we could really use your input in the p2w thread, where trolls keep arguing that buying pearl storage gives you only "convenience".  

In short, if they nerf CP gain, pearl shop storage becomes even more mandatory than it already is for efficient life skilling. When every point of CP wasted on storage is lost revenue, then it's hard to defend the position that buying pearl storage is "optional". 

You know what else is optional? Upgrading your armor. Or using a weapon. Punch has good base attack speed amirite?

Edited by TGCyrus

Posted

One of the most efficient ways to get CP is to do the valencian quest line on multiple characters. It beats CP/HR from cooking by a longshot. However cooking is afk.

Also the CP softcap is increased to 400 IIRC with kamasylvia 

Cooking is not really afk. You need to gather lots of stones and logs in preperation. Gather the materials and come back every 900seconds(15min) and start the next 900 cookings. You cant compare it to something like fishing. You cant literally go shopping or to work or sleep while doing it. 900 cookings yield like 200 scraps and at my current 317CP I think i need like 2400 scraps for one CP. Thats 12 times 15min (lets say 20min with changing recipe etc), so a total of about 4 hours cooking(ignoring preperation time). According to the table posted its 24000exp roughly and many Valencia give you 400exp. Even assuming all Quests give you 400 exp you will still need 60 Quests. That means if you need more than just 4 min per Quest you are slower Questing than cooking.

Posted (edited)

I dont know what are you talking about

Is the intention for players involved with lifeskills to now have to buy the storage expansions for cities and completely rely on them to be involved in this aspect of the game?

If you want to do lifeskills AFK on industrial scale you will need to buy items from cashshop
 for processing: max weight limit+maid outfit
 for cooking: max weight limit (I dont find canape costume mandatory, I still can do 2000 batch per 8h30min without it)
 for fishing: inventory space (the more the better but at least 120)

Edited by mate

Posted

Topic: No one even heard of this change and also no source, so how do we know it's true?

Not that hard to get 300+ CP by doing quests though. But I guess if you're one of those 49.99 players that only life skills and never kill mobs, this change(if true) would be really harsh.

I already have close to 320+ CP, so obviously doesn't affect me much. I would probably focus more on getting Valencia quests done on alts, if CP from cooking&alchemy got nerfed. Might put an alt there to do some repeatable also. Just sucks that most of them involves driving annoying carts with rocks, materials or animal poop ¬¬

Posted

Questing is the fastest way to gain CP. Complete as many main story quest chains on your alts as you can and you'll realise trying to raise your cp through cooking is a joke in comparison.

Valencia quests give an absurd amount of CP exp which is the way it should be. Playing the game actively should reward you way more.

Posted

After 2 weeks of playing, I have 184 CP fater leveling 1 char to 54, one to 53 and one to 44. Haven't done any "CP grinding" at all. Just played the game.

Posted

After 2 weeks of playing, I have 184 CP fater leveling 1 char to 54, one to 53 and one to 44. Haven't done any "CP grinding" at all. Just played the game.

it tends to be hard after 200, some people refuse to have to wait a day for cp quests so they cook it....

Posted (edited)

it tends to be hard after 200, some people refuse to have to wait a day for cp quests so they cook it....

Don't really see why you need so much storage space anyways. I have some in every city and every city has one type of resource in the bank there. Sure, it costs some transport fees and takes time to manage it all but you really don't need huge amounts of bank slots with some management. Waste of CP.

For example Heidel has all my ores and metal and a refinery. Calpheon has Woodworks. Velia has food stuff. Olvia has alchemy stuff. Altinova has my weapon/armor crafting workshops and so on.

Edited by Kaenada

Posted

like other regions...

We didn't get the same dye prices.

We didn't get the same dye price icnrease.

We didn't get the same costume prices.

We didn't get the same cash shop.

We didn't get Valk's Cry.

Instead of whining and crying on the forums about changes WE HAVEN'T GOT why not wait until the changes happen in our region before assuming that we get everything the other regions get? 

Posted

I never liked the idea of Cooking being a method to gain CP.  Especially when it's so OP.  It really makes doing daily quests A LOT LESS valuable.

Was just an idea to sell canape costumes...

Questing is the fastest way to gain CP. Complete as many main story quest chains on your alts as you can and you'll realise trying to raise your cp through cooking is a joke in comparison.

Valencia quests give an absurd amount of CP exp which is the way it should be. Playing the game actively should reward you way more.

1 second cooking is the fastest cp hands down, also infinite, quests are dailies, and some dailies like Valencia ones disappear after reaching 301 cps.