• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

More Sharps Please

95 posts in this topic

Posted

Regardless of how or why, there's a continual shortage of these, especially sharps. The bidding system sucks in this game. It's abysmal. It's horribly conceived. It's gimmiky, and broken, and horribly painful to use, and my spacebar and mouse hate it. This isn't meant to be a rant about the bidding system, which by the way sucks if I haven't mentioned it, but the severe unavailability of sharps. Now maybe some people know how to get them. Maybe some people are cheating like crazy, exploiting the system.. I don't know. I don't care. I just want to be able to buy them without spending hours camping the absolutely awful market with it's awful bidding mechanics. We need more introduced and/or better availability. And yes the night vendor- he's a given source and a welcome one, but it's not enough. Maybe if I didn't fail 11 times in a row on TET this wouldn't be an issue. Dear devs- your game is getting more tedious than it's worth. 

13 people like this

Posted (edited)

Regardless of how or why, there's a continual shortage of these, especially sharps. The bidding system sucks in this game. It's abysmal. It's horribly conceived. It's gimmiky, and broken, and horribly painful to use, and my spacebar and mouse hate it. This isn't meant to be a rant about the bidding system, which by the way sucks if I haven't mentioned it, but the severe unavailability of sharps. Now maybe some people know how to get them. Maybe some people are cheating like crazy, exploiting the system.. I don't know. I don't care. I just want to be able to buy them without spending hours camping the absolutely awful market with it's awful bidding mechanics. We need more introduced and/or better availability. And yes the night vendor- he's a given source and a welcome one, but it's not enough. Maybe if I didn't fail 11 times in a row on TET this wouldn't be an issue. Dear devs- your game is getting more tedious than it's worth. 

This is why it's important not to lock threads questioning the companies design, employee's or otherwise.

The real question is anyone capable of doing anything about issues like this?

Edited by feebleone

Posted

This is one mechanism by which players can provide feedback. Whether or not anyone can do anything directly, the message is out there that it needs to be done. Since you neither agree nor disagree with the idea that we need more availability, the point, feel free to start your own thread re avenues of feedback and threadlocking.

Posted

The solution is pretty simple increase the value of them. If they could actually be sold at a higher price everyone would be willing to move their personal stock. 

6 people like this

Posted

Learn to life skills (gather) man :)

Posted (edited)

Artisan 10 gatherer - it gets old, I don't enjoy it, but I do gather as well.  Specifically, my main complaint is the availability and not necessarily the quantity that are in the game.  In scenarios like right now where I need to upgrade on a deadline.. that being upcoming node war, I'm left wanting for a way to get them right now. I gave myself 10 hours in case of failure, and the window is closing. That should be ample time- but all avenues of obtaining them have been fruitless. Yes I've gotten a few through sniping, but it's just torture. Higher prices? Well, there's already that built in, by melting items. I've bought my fair share of said items as well. It would just be nice to see a surplus. I have a feeling there are folks out there sitting on piles of these because they know how to exploit the bidding system, but in any case for people like myself it can be a real pain getting them and it would be nice to have more available. 

Edited by Hindsight

Posted

ye im not even able 2 enchant my gear cuz im forced 2 gather (most  boring thing 2 do on bdo) i dont see where ppl would enjoy gathering..this feels like job i dont like. Not an actual game wich is meant to entertain ppl

Posted

ye im not even able 2 enchant my gear cuz im forced 2 gather (most  boring thing 2 do on bdo) i dont see where ppl would enjoy gathering..this feels like job i dont like. Not an actual game wich is meant to entertain ppl

Some people feel the same way about grinding. Others about questing. People enjoy different aspects of the game.

6 people like this

Posted

This is one mechanism by which players can provide feedback. Whether or not anyone can do anything directly, the message is out there that it needs to be done. Since you neither agree nor disagree with the idea that we need more availability, the point, feel free to start your own thread re avenues of feedback and threadlocking.

You must be talking about the RNG system.

It's brought up daily.

Virtually everyone hates it.

It's terrible for the game.

Pearl/Kakao.................. another unsatisfied customer.  Ooooooooooooooohh Well.

The solution is pretty simple increase the value of them. If they could actually be sold at a higher price everyone would be willing to move their personal stock. 

That's much better than adding them as drops, changing the RNG system, increasing the drop rate, adding new ways to craft them, or 100 other ways that are better than "simply increase the value of them".

Posted

Sharp_Shard.thumb.png.b98520c9445fd0addeHard_Shards.thumb.png.e980b047387aa9ff62

I see sharps and hards on the market most all the time. You just must free them from their mortal bonds. 

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

That's much better than adding them as drops, changing the RNG system, increasing the drop rate, adding new ways to craft them, or 100 other ways that are better than "simply increase the value of them".

Agree, there are many ways. Like adding them to the menu for hunter's seal turn ins, crafting, conversion from BS powder, alchemy creation, on and on.  

Edited by Hindsight

Posted

Nobody move!

I got this. 

Image result for shovel

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

There should be NO BIDDING in a game, u should be able to just PURCHASE ANYTHING AT ANY TIME u want because there ain't no free economy, the prices are fixed and u can't trade. So why the F would they run a player based supply/demand market system anyways? It just makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE! Even a moron knows that with this trash system nobody's gonna sell their shit because the sell-able prices are too low & the demand is too high & supply is too thin, anyone with a brain would think that they should keep that precious item to themselves instead of selling. By selling items on market place only thing u get is USELESS silvers so why bother selling there is no point. Silver is useless because everything is out of supply on this scam market and when something does being posted u need RNG to buy it.(good luck winning a lottery against 82742384623925375 other players)

RNG is the currency in this game, siliver is not.

Edited by FapperJack

Posted

The current prices for them in no way reflect how valuable they actually are. Either they have to be as avaliable as normal stones because of how low their market value is or the market value has to go up to reflect how valuable they really are. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/12034/

ez, stop complaining and do something about your win rate on the market game.

grab 2 of it and you will win every single value pack that comes on the market.

(just kidding you can only use one, effects dont stack)

alternatively, you can gather like me and have 200-300 hards/sharps ez 

(I dont enchant, I just hoard them)

Edited by GamePois0n

Posted

There should be NO BIDDING in a game, u should be able to just PURCHASE ANYTHING AT ANY TIME [...]

Good thinking Sherlock, that's the perfect idea to make marketplace bots viable again.

2 people like this

Posted

Good thinking Sherlock, that's the perfect idea to make marketplace bots viable again.

ignore him, he is a known troll and liar.

he always tell people how much silver/gear he have but refuse the post proofs, and all his ideas are horrible, on top, he hates the game so much but there isn't another "good graphics" mmo for him to play.

imho, everybody should just ignore every single posts he make since he is only doing it to troll others :(

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Nobody move!

I got this. 

Image result for shovel

How did you get a PEN Kzarka Shovel?

The current prices for them in no way reflect how valuable they actually are. Either they have to be as avaliable as normal stones because of how low their market value is or the market value has to go up to reflect how valuable they really are. 

That's a valid suggestion. I horde my sharps/hards/concentrated stones because they're barely worth the 3 - 5mil. Perhaps making them more valuable would convince me, and hopefully others, to let them go more often.

Edited by ғᴏxsᴡᴏʀɴ

Posted

I am sitting on over a thousand and won't sell at actual prices, not worth, even if i reach 10 thousand of them i won't sell.

1 person likes this

Posted

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/12034/

ez, stop complaining and do something about your win rate on the market game.

grab 2 of it and you will win every single value pack that comes on the market.

(just kidding you can only use one, effects dont stack)

alternatively, you can gather like me and have 200-300 hards/sharps ez 

(I dont enchant, I just hoard them)

how do you get it exactly?

Posted

The real question is anyone capable of doing anything about issues like this?

Yes, but you'd probably need to contact Pearl Abyss directly, going outside of our publishers communication paths cause they simply can't pull their own weight on anything whatsoever recently.

There's so much wrong with the enhancing system atm that RNG is the most forgiving part of it.

Posted

How did you get a PEN Kzarka Shovel?

That's a valid suggestion. I horde my sharps/hards/concentrated stones because they're barely worth the 3 - 5mil. Perhaps making them more valuable would convince me, and hopefully others, to let them go more often.

Basically you'd have to be crazy to actually sell shards for these prices. They are worth double the listed value at least. 

Posted (edited)

y the hell would there be bots if u could simply buy everything with silver from unlimited supply NPCs? if u have enough money u should be able to purchase anything at any given time just like how things work in real world.

u ever go to a store and they tell u that milk and bread out of supply? makes no sense, right? It is a crime to make products not available for customers to purchase as long as there is a price tag associated with it.

Edited by FapperJack
1 person likes this

Posted

yea, and we found one of many that just buys them to buy them and hope they increase price so you can profit.

i hope they decrease the price so you can see your market asset value drop and cry.

hards and sharps need to be introduced to mob loot tables, having only one aspect of the game be the way to acquire these is insane, like ppl have mentioned, not everyone likes all or the same aspects of this game

2 people like this

Posted

hards and sharps need to be introduced to mob loot tables, having only one aspect of the game be the way to acquire these is insane, like ppl have mentioned, not everyone likes all or the same aspects of this game

Not only that, but so do memory fragments. And black stones should've seen a boost in drop rates when we got pri-pen gear cause they're no longer a penultimate item but rather a rather trivially simple crafting material.

None of this sells artisans memories though, so it most likely won't happen.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0