• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

More Sharps Please

95 posts in this topic

Posted

I am sitting on over a thousand and won't sell at actual prices, not worth, even if i reach 10 thousand of them i won't sell.

I have about 400 atm but have sold quite a lot of them in the past. Since your count is really solid, would you mind sharing the sharp/hard ratio you got so far? For me it is about 2sharp:5hard. Pretty close to 1sharp:2hard. I am interested to know how much rng is involved in this ratio over large numbers of shards.

Posted

There should be NO BIDDING in a game, u should be able to just PURCHASE ANYTHING AT ANY TIME u want because there ain't no free economy, the prices are fixed and u can't trade. 

Kids don't remember.

zwpLAUP.gif

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Kids don't remember.

zwpLAUP.gif

Nah what he wants is for items to be constantly available (like being able to buy that power crystal from a NPC) since he thinks he can't spend his silver.

Conveniently forgetting that most people get a part of their silver income from these items' scarcity...

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

Right, let's make it even more easy to reach end-game so we can all finish the game in 2 weeks and be bored to death because there's nothing left to do. It's already ridiculous you can grind your way to level 56 in a day. At least improving gear still takes time and effort. I find at least 2 sharp shards a day using lucky tools for gathering. it's really not that hard.

2 people like this

Posted

There is no lack specifically in sharps, it's just because you need them more than hards at the moment.

Sharps in general are rare, like fragments, rough stone, trace of savagery and what not.

It's a design in the game. Certain things have to be gathered and sold by players.

Of course it would be nice if you could spend your silver on "basic" items needed for enchantment, but if we get that... I doubt it.

Posted

Right, let's make it even more easy to reach end-game so we can all finish the game in 2 weeks and be bored to death because there's nothing left to do. It's already ridiculous you can grind your way to level 56 in a day. At least improving gear still takes time and effort. I find at least 2 sharp shards a day using lucky tools for gathering. it's really not that hard.

Missing the point however.

Hards/sharps were all readily available when they were introduced due to the exploit that Pearl Abyss didnt even know about for over a year, therefore the data they had on those being available is completely wrong. And doesnt reflect the current situation.

If hards n sharps shouldnt have been that readily available, then they would have nerfed them long ago, instead it stayed the same, and now that theres the scarcity they need to increase the drop rate.

Posted

People tend to hate things that are fair.

Posted

Even if you really have 1000s of them, they aren't worth anything at all if you let them rot in your storage though. Are you hoping the price will rise some day ? Probably won't happen ever since enchanted items' price is indexed on materials price (ooooh so maybe these stones can return a higher value ? :thinking:).

So... you have a bunch of useless rocks (to you) in your storage that are worth millions that you don't want to sell. All right.

Say what you will, but in a game that doesn't appropriately award value to things that are tedious to get like shards and t8 horses. It's better that they just stay empty and force people to do it themselves. Not to mention that you aren't thinking how limited shards is actually nice for me. Less people geared up, one less person to compete with over a grinding spot. 

Posted

Everything is drained, sharps, black stones, memories, relics. 

Developer made the game to improve your gear ( mostly ) and you absolutely CAN'T! Game doesn't give you nothing so you must BUY. If i want to lay trade simulator, i would do that. Marketplace sucks, why on earth would you put something to bid when there is 1000's of same item on sale, and buying cheapest is also crap. I want to buy most expensive, because i should be free to do that. 

Marketplace sucks, drop rates of items which you MUST HAVE to progress is very very scarce. Sometimes i just wonder why i am playing this, 6 months backward because of unlucky enchant, back to 160 AP and can't get up, and no sharps and stones to even try. 

Good job devs, for making me go play other games. Such a beautiful and fun game, until you get to this disgusting issue. Fix it, please.

Posted (edited)

Say what you will, but in a game that doesn't appropriately award value to things that are tedious to get like shards and t8 horses. It's better that they just stay empty and force people to do it themselves. Not to mention that you aren't thinking how limited shards is actually nice for me. Less people geared up, one less person to compete with over a grinding spot. 

You aren't making any sense.

If you don't want to sell them it's fine, but it's not "better" to force people to make anything since you will get even less money for your time (assuming you are even bothering doing activities you judge not worth - btw, why would you do that in the first place ?). It's awkward to assume that it's better to produce something ourselves when its price is "low". You would be better off making money and buy it instead, which is why we have people complaining about shards availability on the market in the first place. And if the price was "high" we would have people complaining about being forced into gathering. The price is kinda ok if you aren't gathering in hope to get shards but to get raw mats instead. Sure, if you are gathering just for shards, it stinks a bit (it's still rather fair though).

But I admit that at the current price, they could probably increase the drop rate a bit.

How do you gear up without using your stones btw ? Or do you mean you have gathered and stockpiled 1000s of them +those used to failstack +those used in failed attempts and you are a regular grinder ? Come on (unless you are getting these shards on golems). Or even worse, you buy your gear but sits on stones that are useless to you ? You like to annoy the guys that are making the stuff you buy ?

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted (edited)

I somehow don't believe that so many people would stockpile 1000s of shards, not using them, and not selling them because "not expensive enough". They give really good silver, gathering is still one of best incomes.

Of course there will be several guys who save up all their stuff, but most common is still that people sell what they don't use.

Edited by Spartakatz

Posted

You aren't making any sense.

If you don't want to sell them it's fine, but it's not "better" to force people to make anything since you will get even less money for your time (assuming you are even bothering doing activities you judge not worth - btw, why would you do that in the first place ?). It's awkward to assume that it's better to do produce ourselves when its price is "low". You would be better of by making money and buy it instead, which is why we have people complaining about shards availability on the market in the first place. And if the price was "high" we would have people complaining about being forced into gathering. The price is kinda ok if you aren't gathering in hope to get shards but to get raw mats instead. Sure, if you are gathering just for shards, it stinks a bit.

But I admit that at the current price, they could probably increase the drop rate a bit.

How do you gear up without using your stones btw ? Or do you mean you have gathered and stockpiled 1000s of them +those used to failstack +those used in failed attempts and you are a regular grinder ? Come on. Or even worse, you buy your gear but sits on stones that are useless to you ? lol.

Well let's get this out of the way first in no way am I against making them more available through drop locations and rates or increasing the market value. Because either way the market value will reflect the worth. 

Second being that I'm in full tri gear which is good enough for sausages and I only grind an hour or 2 tops. I enhanced it myself with more passes than fails. 

Third being I gather an hour a day usually to burn my energy, I usually average 4-6 shards. 

Basically I'm rng carried. 

Posted

Even if you really have 1000s of them, they aren't worth anything at all if you let them rot in your storage though. Are you hoping the price will rise some day ? Probably won't happen ever since enchanted items' price is indexed on materials price (ooooh so maybe these stones can return a higher value ? :thinking:).

So... you have a bunch of useless rocks (to you) in your storage that are worth millions that you don't want to sell. All right.

Do they rot? No. If price don't rise i don't care, if i don't sell them i don't care, i make more than enough silver everyday by other means.

No need to help other people that get money just being in a guild and fighting 2 hours a week and getting 500 millions for that... They can start gathering if they want more shards.

I hope everyone stops selling. Everyone. This game's economy is pure garbage.

Posted (edited)

Well let's get this out of the way first in no way am I against making them more available through drop locations and rates or increasing the market value. Because either way the market value will reflect the worth. 

Second being that I'm in full tri gear which is good enough for sausages and I only grind an hour or 2 tops. I enhanced it myself with more passes than fails. 

Third being I gather an hour a day usually to burn my energy, I usually average 4-6 shards. 

Basically I'm rng carried. 

LOL.

1- So you have no use at all for them but still don't want to sell them because of what you think they are worth.

2- If you really get 4-6 in one hour, their price seems fine.

Do they rot? No. If price don't rise i don't care, if i don't sell them i don't care, i make more than enough silver everyday by other means.
No need to help other people that get money just being in a guild and fighting 2 hours a week and getting 500 millions for that... They can start gathering if they want more shards.

I hope everyone stops selling. Everyone. This game's economy is pure garbage.

Hurr dur ?

Why do you care about the economy if you aren't taking part in it anyway. Oh no, wait. YOU ARE taking part in it and making "more than enough" money, but it is shit. OK.

And yeah every guild is just showered in silver, that's why the game suck. /s

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

1- So you have no use at all for them but still don't want to sell them because of what you think they are worth

When you have an item that can almost double the value of a piece of equipment for only 4 million. I have pretty good reason to believe they are worth more than that. 

Posted (edited)

When you have an item that can almost double the value of a piece of equipment for only 4 million. I have pretty good reason to believe they are worth more than that. 

I'm curious what item you are talking about. But if it is shards (would be great if we just had to use one shard to get anywhere enhancing wise), it seems you found out a way to make money with those undervalued stones after all.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

LOL.

1- So you have no use at all for them but still don't want to sell them because of what you think they are worth.

2- If you really get 4-6 in one hour, their price seems fine.

Hurr dur ?

Why do you care about the economy if you aren't taking part in it anyway. Oh no, wait. YOU ARE taking part in it and making "more than enough" money, but it is shit. OK.

And yeah every guild is just showered in silver, that's why the game suck. /s

I make over 150kk a day, i am just saying that I DO NOT NEED TO SELL SHARDS AT RIDICULOUS PRICES to make a bit more.

You are so simple... Seems that for you the only economy around is to buy sell from marketplace, probably just an "UngaBunga me grinding" type of player.

Posted

I'm curious what item you are talking about. But if it is shards (would be great if we just had to use one shard to get anywhere enhancing wise), it seems you found out a way to make money with those undervalued stones after all.

Say whatever you want but until they increase the rates they drop or increase the value, people with stocks won't bother to move them. 

Posted

Increasing the value wont change a thing, for a month maybe cause all the hoarders will drop em onto the MP.

But after that month we'll be back to square 1 with worse prices.

What needs to up is the drop rate. Add them to valencia mobs as someone here has said, that'd liven up Valencia while at the same time get rid of the shortage.

Posted (edited)

I make over 150kk a day, i am just saying that I DO NOT NEED TO SELL SHARDS AT RIDICULOUS PRICES to make a bit more.

You are so simple... Seems that for you the only economy around is to buy sell from marketplace, probably just an "UngaBunga me grinding" type of player.

It's not the economy if you aren't buying and/or selling from/to the marketplace. It's like... the definition of economy ? If you are selling stuff to the NPC, you actually understood how the game works, so it's fine.

And I'm still saying you are retarded for stockpiling something you have no use for. 1000 shards is anywhere from 1 to 4 billions ffs. But you seem quite a bit shortsighted as your last argument about how everyone in a guild get a 500m check every week has shown. 

Say whatever you want but until they increase the rates they drop or increase the value, people with stocks won't bother to move them. 

That isn't my problem though ^^

I was just merely pointing out that it is weird to sit on resources because you think they are undervalued since there are means to make them worth more and they won't get reevaluated anyway. So the logical thing to do is either to stop harvesting them, sell them or use them.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

Increasing the value wont change a thing, for a month maybe cause all the hoarders will drop em onto the MP.

But after that month we'll be back to square 1 with worse prices.

What needs to up is the drop rate. Add them to valencia mobs as someone here has said, that'd liven up Valencia while at the same time get rid of the shortage.

Sure, 10 millions per hour AND shards also... What a joke... They can add costumes to the loot of Valencia mobs also...

Posted

Sure, 10 millions per hour AND shards also... What a joke... They can add costumes to the loot of Valencia mobs also...

It'd still be less profit than pirates/sausans/elrics, whats your issue? O_o

Posted

He has something against people that aren't just life skilling it seems.

Posted (edited)

Oh really? People get 20kk per hour at sausans and pirates, flashnews. Cause shards would be considered 1 silver each per hour...

My issue is that i don't want this game to become a brainless grinding game only. Your issue is clear.

Edited by crosspath

Posted

Oh really? People get 20kk per hour at sausans and pirates, flashnews. Cause shards would be considered 1 silver each per hour...
My issue is that i don't want this game to become a brainless grinding game only. Your issue is clear.

Allright, brainless gathering game instead.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0