• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - March 29th 2017

412 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Can we please for the love of god get something patched in that's useful? Useful buffs/nerfs, there shouldn't be a week that passes by that every class gets a new outfit/costume seriously. Also, how come the Kuno is the only female class that doesn't have the Kyrill outfit? Like wtf. Kunoichi should be getting more outfit releases since she's the class with the least. As many outfits as Korea has, there should be enough. At least itll hold people off.

Like this game is starting to get really annoying, you guys take forever to respond to tickets...You don't listen to what the community want cause you're so  hellbent on a schedule that isn't even promoting your game properly. If I spoke korean, I'd definitely be over there in Korea.

Tamer/Beserker/Valkyrie/Musa and many other classes have gotten new outfits, what about Kuno? nothing. You constantly re-release outfits that nobody asked for or wants because they all look exactly the same. Looking at the same character outfits for a year or 2 now is really frustrating.  Next week, you should release all the fanmade outfits that got designed over in Korea during the costume contest. Along with the Dark Knight awakening, that's if you knew what you were doing. Most likely, next week there would be another outfit that nobody wants or that someone already has in the game because they're too lazy to give us something new.

WAITING.A.WHOLE.WEEK.FOR.NOTHING.

Acting like copycat server but only on the negative side, the positive side they keep it, and hold it for marketing porpouses prolly.. makes me wanna live in korea right now.. 

Edited by Ghek091

Posted

Just wanted to come onto this post, hopefully one of you guys will see this. But these new voice customizations are beautiful. The voice actresses have such pretty voices. Nicely done! :D 

Posted

What's with the new LOYAL event rewards? We get 1 memory fragment per day in the last week for being loyal for 4 weeks before? I assumed that the more loyal you are, the bigger the reward. The reward for the last 7 days is the worst from the set. Please tell me that it is a mistake and not your way of making fun of us after spending money on this game!

Lol if i couldnt see this coming cant release any information why not? Thats what makes ur players happy and all yall do is try to hide stuff and hurt the player base again im so sad developers and game hosts are losing any humanity they have left if any. The point of people playing is to enjoy the game but you hide content information. You post patch notes after update. And professionally destroy any credibility you have as a game hosts. Bet this was a crowd funded game in the u.s too.

They post patch notes based on how much they can do in those 4-6 hours. That is the only time allocated for improving the game. That is why no patch notes are posted in advance. They work only 4-6 hours per week and once they finish, they tell us what they did.

Image result for crying babyImage result for crying babyImage result for crying baby

That's you.  That's what you sound like.

FYI:

I've spent $200-400/month on this game since its release.  I appreciated this patch.  I think the furniture is really cute.  Do I wish it had been Kamasylvia?  Yes.  Can I accept that it isn't?  Also yes.

Do I agree with everything they've done?  No.  (f*** these cooking changes----give me CP or give me more milk byproducts.)  Do I think overall the changes they've made to the game are fair and balanced improvements?  Yes.

There's a lot more in this game to keep it fun and interesting than there is in similar games (cough, Archeage, cough).  The developers and publisher release things closer to their predicted dates than other games (cough, Archeage).  And they care enough about the playerbase to actually respond to support tickets related to things other than billing problems (f*** you, Trion).  Our GMs and CMs are awesome, funny, creative, and most importantly responsive.  They give a damn.  I'd much rather have the game in this company's hands than in some others I've seen.

"they don't even know when they will release DK or Kamasylven"----You mean the "DK awakening" and "Kamasylvia".  Considering they missed their initial date, yeah, they probably don't.  Stuff comes up.  And they probably won't be telling us another date until a week or two before it's absolutely ready for release.  So calm down.

"all they care is to spend our money on drinks and cars"----Ah, yes, I totally believe that you saw all of them, the whole company, riding around in their new Ferraris.  You also saw them out clubbing and getting drunk on vodka while the server room started sparking, eventually being set on fire, and when they returned our lag had become worse.  And now we are stuck with them out partying again while the charred remains of the servers try desperately to keep the game afloat in their absence.  Is that precisely what you saw?

"remind their CEO that if we are not pleased, he will not have anything to spend. I wish I could see their income chart for the next 7 days, compared to the last 7 days."----https://www.statista.com/statistics/385634/annual-revenue-of-daum-kakao/

giphy.gif

I am really not interested in your sexual orientation (when you say that the furniture is cute). If you want "cute furniture", go play some facebook game, not BDO. This is a game for the big boys, not for kids that love "cute furniture" and are happy that the dev's gave them cute voice and a new event that rewards us with 1 memory fragment for being loyal for 4 weeks.

You did not get the point. This game has potential like Facebook had when it launched. It could become amazing or it can stay average. The way how Korea handles stuff, makes it amazing. The way how Kakao Games handles it, makes it less than average. Kakao Games could maximise their profits, invest the profits in more developers and servers and this way everyone could be happy. No more complaints about lag, no more delays with updates, etc. But instead, they minimise their profits, which leads to even less money to reinvest in quality work ... and in the end all this reflects on us.

The evolution of this game is like a chain. If one chain link is broken (the way how Kakao Games deals with new content and release notes), then everything is affected.

Posted (edited)

xD  the last row...

attma2017.jpg

uhm.. there must be some kind of mistake in the last row.., the last " "Memory Fragment" " has even the special marking on the side, like wtf. And still no info why we arent getting 5/5th Pet slot, like the other versions @CM_Aethon @CM_Yukimura @PM_Jouska @CM_Praballo

Edited by Remyra
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

nvm

Edited by woots

Posted (edited)

What's with the new LOYAL event rewards? We get 1 memory fragment per day in the last week for being loyal for 4 weeks before? I assumed that the more loyal you are, the bigger the reward. The reward for the last 7 days is the worst from the set. Please tell me that it is a mistake and not your way of making fun of us after spending money on this game!

They post patch notes based on how much they can do in those 4-6 hours. That is the only time allocated for improving the game. That is why no patch notes are posted in advance. They work only 4-6 hours per week and once they finish, they tell us what they did.

I am really not interested in your sexual orientation (when you say that the furniture is cute). If you want "cute furniture", go play some facebook game, not BDO. This is a game for the big boys, not for kids that love "cute furniture" and are happy that the dev's gave them cute voice and a new event that rewards us with 1 memory fragment for being loyal for 4 weeks.

You did not get the point. This game has potential like Facebook had when it launched. It could become amazing or it can stay average. The way how Korea handles stuff, makes it amazing. The way how Kakao Games handles it, makes it less than average. Kakao Games could maximise their profits, invest the profits in more developers and servers and this way everyone could be happy. No more complaints about lag, no more delays with updates, etc. But instead, they minimise their profits, which leads to even less money to reinvest in quality work ... and in the end all this reflects on us.

The evolution of this game is like a chain. If one chain link is broken (the way how Kakao Games deals with new content and release notes), then everything is affected.

Doesn't matter how long they work each day. They lose all credibilty when they keep their playerbase in the dark. They even ignored Zeros post about it and that shows they don't care to interact with their playerbase.

I am a GM in a private server for another game and have tons of players that I have interacted with. Every update that we were putting out players knew in advance. And it kept them playing the game. Donating etc. Once a smarter Developer gets hands on BDO official will be nothing because of the simple fact is that if it has a good community reps and GMs and a smart DEV than players will play. Despite bugs and issues. That will eventually get worked out. Because of communication being a big deal on private servers players are content and even like to donate more than to an official server that the staff have no intentions of respecting.

I feel when a CM community manager speaks that most of the time shouldn't even be on releasing patch notes it should be a GM as it usually is in other played MMOs.

When a CM is active in forums it should be for the community itself. Cause I have both been a costumer service rep and a GM. The difference in those two jobs alone are on is for support and connecting to the community and the other is to maintain the aspects of the game and keep eyes out for troublesome players in game. 

So a CM should never be posting patch notes at all. They should be tending to their playerbases needs. A DEV should never restrict information being put out cause as stated before players play private servers cause they get updates on the actual game and it keeps them playing. And I have gotten many thanks and likes on the private server that I am a GM for and the owner and the devs are all thanked properly for the updates and information ahead of time. Of course patch notes will be released after the update but atleast people can keep their motivation to playing the game.

I get it that everyone will say they wont quit official because of this but thats why games like Aura Kingdom official lost players to the private server of that or why official forsaken world had lost about 1000 players to their counter private server or why Aion lost a lot of players to their counter private servers. And why DMCAs are ineffective because they have smarter hosts/developers.

My experience of being a CSR and GM are well over 4 years with over 10 years of computer and console gaming. So I think I know a little something about handling a playerbase. 

Edited by Mrs_Shadow
1 person likes this

Posted

When been awakening  dark knight on EU ??

Posted

@CM_Aethon Any idea when we're going to be able to get knowledge on Ashley the Tarif Guild Stable Master?  Mine hasn't worked yet.  If anyone else has managed to obtain this knowledge, please let me know so that I can submit a support ticket instead.

Posted

So the voices added were only a client side change on top of everything else? That's a real bummer, I was disappointed with this patch like pretty much everyone else but ah well at least another way of making my character unique - nope apparently not. 

Posted

-----ing ----- 
Can we please start having the maintenance at a appropiate time soon? middle of the day in EU sucks so damn hard...

Being home from work for once and having a day of and can't play half day becuase jack-shi.t

I'm trying to understand how that's their problem.

Posted

Doesn't matter how long they work each day. They lose all credibilty when they keep their playerbase in the dark. They even ignored Zeros post about it and that shows they don't care to interact with their playerbase.

I am a GM in a private server for another game and have tons of players that I have interacted with. Every update that we were putting out players knew in advance. And it kept them playing the game. Donating etc. Once a smarter Developer gets hands on BDO official will be nothing because of the simple fact is that if it has a good community reps and GMs and a smart DEV than players will play. Despite bugs and issues. That will eventually get worked out. Because of communication being a big deal on private servers players are content and even like to donate more than to an official server that the staff have no intentions of respecting.

I feel when a CM community manager speaks that most of the time shouldn't even be on releasing patch notes it should be a GM as it usually is in other played MMOs.

When a CM is active in forums it should be for the community itself. Cause I have both been a costumer service rep and a GM. The difference in those two jobs alone are on is for support and connecting to the community and the other is to maintain the aspects of the game and keep eyes out for troublesome players in game. 

So a CM should never be posting patch notes at all. They should be tending to their playerbases needs. A DEV should never restrict information being put out cause as stated before players play private servers cause they get updates on the actual game and it keeps them playing. And I have gotten many thanks and likes on the private server that I am a GM for and the owner and the devs are all thanked properly for the updates and information ahead of time. Of course patch notes will be released after the update but atleast people can keep their motivation to playing the game.

I get it that everyone will say they wont quit official because of this but thats why games like Aura Kingdom official lost players to the private server of that or why official forsaken world had lost about 1000 players to their counter private server or why Aion lost a lot of players to their counter private servers. And why DMCAs are ineffective because they have smarter hosts/developers.

My experience of being a CSR and GM are well over 4 years with over 10 years of computer and console gaming. So I think I know a little something about handling a playerbase. 

This ^ pretty much what the problem is right here. The lack of care they put into the community is sad in comparison to other regions and then when they comment they comment on selective topics that don't apply to the mass majority. 

Ex.   50 people ask how do you get to the White House. 1 individual ask how to open a box of pop tarts. The CM/GM answers the 1 individual and ignores the other 50.

1 person likes this

Posted

This ^ pretty much what the problem is right here. The lack of care they put into the community is sad in comparison to other regions and then when they comment they comment on selective topics that don't apply to the mass majority. 

Ex.   50 people ask how do you get to the White House. 1 individual ask how to open a box of pop tarts. The CM/GM answers the 1 individual and ignores the other 50.

yep and the main reason why private servers make more cash then official in donations alone.

Posted

That's because the 50 people are complaining about some stupid nerf/buff to sate their ego. That one person most likely has a legitimate complaint that needs addressing and gets addressed.

Just because a crowd of raging lunatics demand something stupid does not diminish the fact that they are a collective asking for something stupid. If you look at these forums, constant baby crying and "gimme gimme" syndrome run rampant. So yeah, you want the company to cater to every snot nosed whim and want. The game would just be another MMO you aren't playing.

Posted

That's because the 50 people are complaining about some stupid nerf/buff to sate their ego. That one person most likely has a legitimate complaint that needs addressing and gets addressed.

Just because a crowd of raging lunatics demand something stupid does not diminish the fact that they are a collective asking for something stupid. If you look at these forums, constant baby crying and "gimme gimme" syndrome run rampant. So yeah, you want the company to cater to every snot nosed whim and want. The game would just be another MMO you aren't playing.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/137115-shills-can-memoryhole-this-all-they-want-but-i-want-everyone-to-remember-the-leadup-to-awakenings/&do=findComment&comment=1897281

Indeed. Fun is fun and all, but some sense of self preservation should probably be applied before posting a meme in a thread that points out how bad the communication is. You don't have to white knight everything, it's fairly blatant that the communication done by Kakao EU could be done by monkeys on a desolate island.

Posted

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/137115-shills-can-memoryhole-this-all-they-want-but-i-want-everyone-to-remember-the-leadup-to-awakenings/&do=findComment&comment=1897281

Indeed. Fun is fun and all, but some sense of self preservation should probably be applied before posting a meme in a thread that points out how bad the communication is. You don't have to white knight everything, it's fairly blatant that the communication done by Kakao EU could be done by monkeys on a desolate island.

Call it whatever the hell you want. These maintenance patches are a prime example of the rampant stupidity that these gamers ascribe to on a daily basis. Everyone expects a brand spanking new game with each maintenance patch. When they don't get it, they moan and groan about a six hour of "nothing" while completely failing to even understand the basic concept of what a maintenance is meant to create.

Nay, the dev's don't have to suffer you tools.

Posted

Call it whatever the hell you want. These maintenance patches are a prime example of the rampant stupidity that these gamers ascribe to on a daily basis. Everyone expects a brand spanking new game with each maintenance patch. When they don't get it, they moan and groan about a six hour of "nothing" while completely failing to even understand the basic concept of what a maintenance is meant to create.

Nay, the dev's don't have to suffer you tools.

I don't think anyone was expecting a new game with every patch.

The only reason this blew up in their faces was cause they had "Kamasylve will release in March" on their official YouTube for almost 2 months and they've been asked repeatedly on the forums and on their twitter if it was really coming (I'm sure on their facebook as well, but I don't really do Facebook so I'm not about to check), and it didn't get removed till they'd had an "internal meeting" after it was pointed out in a thread started by them (the maintenance thread).

There was absolutely nothing about this that was handled correctly. Hell:

Posted (edited)

I think the waiting time is okay. If DK is not ready for us, then I will gladly wait another week. I do agree, that some information would be a HUGE plus for Kakao to give us,when they promote new stuff is coming. 

The in game event planer is the first step tho, should be upgrade a bit, so we can see the road map of what is coming.

Edited by Amirite

Posted

How do you hear the voice when in the F4 screen? I"m not hearing anything until I leave config and that got old fast.

Posted

Not really sure why witches need a nerf. Their awakening is not the same as wizard and not as powerful.

Kek, i laughed.

Posted (edited)

Is the last row of the loyalty rewards a mistake or some master stroke of evil genius? I mean I have never seen - oh what the hell, who gives a crap - more succintly communicated to a playerbase before in ANY mmo Ive played since EQ in 1999.

I am honestly very impressed by the, very blatant lack of toucans you guys have. Im not even mad about it. I imagine you guys chuckling about this genious show of contempt while feeling quite confident in the knowledge noone is going to do a thing about it, because we play BDO despite of you guys, not because of you :D 

Edited by Sillan
1 person likes this

Posted

On the loyal attendance last row reward(s) there has been no official statement yet. A mistake for sure.

Let me add that if not properly fixed, it will fuel the rage for the usual (and most of the times, unfair) "free stuff is garbage, I want more". 

Posted

On the loyal attendance last row reward(s) there has been no official statement yet. A mistake for sure.

I doubt it's a mistake or a bug since Russia got the same.

Posted

Could be a copy/paste issue. As 5th reward we get 5 Mem Frags and as 15th we get 15, last row doesn't add anything, not to mention the very last reward itself. Maybe they've just run out of ideas for the last row...who knows. A very risky choice, given the on-going Kamasilve drama. 

Posted

ummmm is the 7 day appearance change coupon just one day? because it applied and I dont have seven days =_=

Posted

think you guys could ever add in options where you can do in depth tweaking of the settings? Like specifically turning off shadows only. you know, being able to have almost complete control over the graphics settings like almost all F2P mmos let you do. It would help a lot of people be able to really optimize their game better for smoother and more enjoyable gameplay.