• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tier 8 horse

84 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I can somewhat see why some horse breeders would ask for pearls "just to list" a T8 on the market. But I could also argue against it.

IMHO, a horse breeder (or a horse racer that got a T8 out of a box) should only be spending pearls on horses that they intend to keep for themselves should it pan out. I couldn't imagine spending a crazy amount of pearls on a T8 unless by the time the horse hits level 23-24 it already had 14 skills, most of which were already coarser skills, which gives you a decent shot at getting a coarser out of it. And even then, I'd only spend pearls on skill change coupons if I planned on keeping the horse for my own purposes.

I'm not one to burn skill change coupons on every T8 I level. I need to know 2 things. First, it's got potential (really good potential). Second, the potential is enough that I am looking to keep it for my own use as it just might be an upgrade to what I already have.

Playing the Pearl Skill Coupon Game with every friggin T8 bred is just crazy. IMHO, breeders who spend pearls in an attempt to get a horse for their own personal benefit is fine (but you spent those pearls in favor of your own interests). Spending pearls on T8's willy nilly on every T8 you level, and trying to pass that cost off on the buyers is just silly. If you're spending pearls to increase the chances for your own benefit is one thing. Passing off the excuse of pearl expenses is another if all you had planned to do was sell it anyway. 

If a horse breeder took a gamble in pearl items for their own benefit because they wanted a horse for themselves, should that be passed on to future buyers?

Edited by DenverRalphy
1 person likes this

Posted

The common PMs a ranked Horsebreeder regulary gets :

Do you have a T8 for sale?

Do you sell your t8 to me?

Sell me your pure white T8 with all speedskills at this ridiculous low marketprice,

because i have no clue about how much work you put in breeding it!

(fine not 100% exactly the last one beeing said but thats how it is!)

afk training and breeding is a lot of work? It's all on afk time, not like you have to even spend money for resets, just get more horses or get off that high one so you no longer think ur afk time is worth irl money

Posted (edited)

Just for preference

I spent nearly 800USD to get a T8 and get all the rare skills. It's cancer RNG and yeah my RNG luck may be a lot shittier than average but it's the ONLY way to obtain a T8 in order to get a T9. No WAY IN HELL I'm selling it not for measly 200-300 million, hell not even 3 billion I would not sell my T8, maybe 30 billion I would give a consideration. Spending $$$ is one thing, nearly getting a heart attack with all that cancer RNG is really taking a toll on my health.

Edited by FapperJack

Posted

afk training and breeding is a lot of work? It's all on afk time, not like you have to even spend money for resets, just get more horses or get off that high one so you no longer think ur afk time is worth irl money

so it should be easy enough, even for you.

1 person likes this

Posted

I can spend 24 hours grinding and earn 150m+. Plus a good portion of a level or more.

I can spend 24 hours afk fishing. Earn probably 25-50 mil doing nothing.

I can spend 24 hours to level a horse from 1 to probably 18 or 19, and sell it for 10 mil and I can't reproduce that because I'll have no more horses. So I guess I'll afk train for 72 hours, times two, breed them aaaaand get a new t6. Seems like a swell deal to me!

4 people like this

Posted

I can spend 24 hours grinding and earn 150m+. Plus a good portion of a level or more.

I can spend 24 hours afk fishing. Earn probably 25-50 mil doing nothing.

I can spend 24 hours to level a horse from 1 to probably 18 or 19, and sell it for 10 mil and I can't reproduce that because I'll have no more horses. So I guess I'll afk train for 72 hours, times two, breed them aaaaand get a new t6. Seems like a swell deal to me!

you could use the contribution points you did put in the stables to do extra lucrative things while doing all of this too

Posted

I can somewhat see why some horse breeders would ask for pearls "just to list" a T8 on the market. But I could also argue against it.

IMHO, a horse breeder (or a horse racer that got a T8 out of a box) should only be spending pearls on horses that they intend to keep for themselves should it pan out. I couldn't imagine spending a crazy amount of pearls on a T8 unless by the time the horse hits level 23-24 it already had 14 skills, most of which were already coarser skills, which gives you a decent shot at getting a coarser out of it. And even then, I'd only spend pearls on skill change coupons if I planned on keeping the horse for my own purposes.

I'm not one to burn skill change coupons on every T8 I level. I need to know 2 things. First, it's got potential (really good potential). Second, the potential is enough that I am looking to keep it for my own use as it just might be an upgrade to what I already have.

Playing the Pearl Skill Coupon Game with every friggin T8 bred is just crazy. IMHO, breeders who spend pearls in an attempt to get a horse for their own personal benefit is fine (but you spent those pearls in favor of your own interests). Spending pearls on T8's willy nilly on every T8 you level, and trying to pass that cost off on the buyers is just silly. If you're spending pearls to increase the chances for your own benefit is one thing. Passing off the excuse of pearl expenses is another if all you had planned to do was sell it anyway. 

If a horse breeder took a gamble in pearl items for their own benefit because they wanted a horse for themselves, should that be passed on to future buyers?

I make perfect horses, that's just what I do personally. Every non horse breeder are like WTB horse with good skills. Most are really picky.
So how I decided to deal with this was just straight up rerolling from the horses have 10-11 skills. Usually don't spend that much on a horse in general, and if they are close to getting courser I will spend a little extra to get desired skills.
In the beginning I gave people an option, of P2W or YOLO, what do you think people chose?
They don't want to end up with horses with 10-13 skills that can cost them thousands to reroll.

Absolutely lowest amount of skills I've had on a horse with doing this was 15/19 skills, that was my dumbest horse, and even that became a courser easily.
And most of my horses have been coursers that I've sold.

I do not however require crazy prices for my horses at all, I for the most part ask for around what the cost of making them are, and I've set that to a flat average, since some horses take more rerolls than others.

This does ofcourse benefit me a little aswell as I can sell the horses for a higher silver value, but honestly if it wasn't for selling to friends an guildies and actually getting that extra 100m from nearly all T8s, I wouldn't have kept going as long as I did.
Only getting 100+10-30x2 every 9-10 days is a little weak compared to other professions.
Or if I do T7's with the T8's it would be 100+40-60x2.
Again this is not a lot of silver gained compared to other afk activities. As you gotta calculate the insane market tax on top of the little you earn.

Breeding is honestly just not worthwhile, and lets take breeding resets, if it wasn't for me using them I would have almost no T8's at all to sell.
Most my T8's are reset babies, like 70% of them or so. And now I am at 35 T8's born.
I would not have been able to do what I do, I could not have provided people with as many T8's as I have.
And yet again I would most likely not have been breeding if that was the case.

It actually is if you are serious about it, I have to constantly check to my horses after a certain point, to reroll them everytime they gain certain skills.
And then there is the fact like I said above, I wouldn't even get T8's if I don't use breeding resets.

Horsebreeding is just not worthwhile at all now compared to the other professions.
If anyone needs to get off their high horse it is you.
How about you actually try out horsebreeding, and see how painful and cruel the RNG can be.
And how you suddenly get like 6x T6s in a row while trying to breed for T8's, we'll see how much money you will get from it.
And this if you don't reset, those 6x T6's will take you a month to get

3 people like this

Posted

Just for preference

I spent nearly 800USD to get a T8 and get all the rare skills. It's cancer RNG and yeah my RNG luck may be a lot shittier than average but it's the ONLY way to obtain a T8 in order to get a T9. No WAY IN HELL I'm selling it not for measly 200-300 million, hell not even 3 billion I would not sell my T8, maybe 30 billion I would give a consideration. Spending $$$ is one thing, nearly getting a heart attack with all that cancer RNG is really taking a toll on my health.

800USD 

You just rekt yourself nothnig else.

Posted (edited)

You make it look like T8s are not in the market just cuz breeders wants pearls for them which is wrong, before I would never sell T8s in the first place, pearls or not, before all this i did smash (exchange) 2x potato T8s (11 skills) and not sell them and soon with the new horse market you will see, those perfect horses will never be in market cuz owners not willing to throw them to randoms, those buyer you talking about are not kids or forced into buying those horses, they are paying to save their time to avoid both breeding and coupons rng game, my friend who spent 160 euro wishes he would have listened and just bought a perfect horse.

p.s when we do get 13 breeding rate then sure i will be selling them for profit.

Edited by SillySin

Posted

800USD 

You just rekt yourself nothnig else.

That's how cancer RNG works in this game kid.

I have a job so $800 ain't the end of world for me, but the stress of repeated failure to breed a T8 or to get the rare skill is irritating as F. I'd rather pay $800 straight up for a T8 with perfect skills than having to go through cancer RNG, it's heart attack inducing really.

Posted

so it should be easy enough, even for you.

actually it was, since I've done it before. The only annoying part is afk training.

Posted

You have absolutly no clue. Even when it is "AFK-Time" you think our Time is worth nothing? Really?

One of the reasons i would never sell any T8. Do it yourself, its -----ing easy and costs nothing. Go ahead. Seriously..

1 person likes this

Posted

You have absolutly no clue. Even when it is "AFK-Time" you think our Time is worth nothing? Really?

One of the reasons i would never sell any T8. Do it yourself, its -----ing easy and costs nothing. Go ahead. Seriously..

as per above I did do it, and it's afk time, you literally do nothing, the game does it for you. What's next, you're going to ask your boss to pay you to even wake up?

Posted

as per above I did do it, and it's afk time, you literally do nothing, the game does it for you. What's next, you're going to ask your boss to pay you to even wake up?

Just weak dude.. just weak.

Posted (edited)

To be honest, the training and breeding is not anything you do if you want earn money. If you want earn afk-money, do fishing. Not training and breeding!

The reason for many trainers, like me, we continue with training and breeding, that's not the money. That's because we have fun in the challenge to trying to get a unusual horse. Mostly an pure white T8 is the goal. I have breeding ten T8 up to day, one of then is the pure white, a crusader worth 242M. I can promise you, I coming never sell it.

Today many people try they can get all thing fast, and easy. All thing must come fast, and easy, without any work, served on a silver plate. They are raised that it is so, specially the "Millennium's". People around them looks like they are only to serve they's needs and desires. Lazy and spoiled to think everything is going to buy. Go to work for what you want!

Edited by Shinee

Posted (edited)

To be honest, the training and breeding is not anything you do if you want earn money. If you want earn afk-money, do fishing. Not training and breeding!

The reason for many trainers, like me, we continue with training and breeding, that's not the money. That's because we have fun in the challenge to trying to get a unusual horse. Mostly an pure white T8 is the goal. I have breeding ten T8 up to day, one of then is the pure white, a crusader worth 242M. I can promise you, I coming never sell it.

Today many people try they can get all thing fast, and easy. All thing must come fast, and easy, without any work, served on a silver plate. They are raised that it is so, specially the "Millennium's". People around them looks like they are only to serve they's needs and desires. Lazy and spoiled to think everything is going to buy. Go to work for what you want!

Okay, a bit off topic but I am getting sick of this millenial crap, There really is no need to sling that because it's not true. It's the case of people(or individuals) who were spoiled or coddled by their parents, nothing more, nothing less. Has nothing to do with age groups as i've known many "old-timers" just as bad, if not worse. Let's not sling blame to other age groups because everybody is capable of being a spoiled brat.

Edited by PandoraRose

Posted

Just saw this post.  And last night ingame, saw this and screened it ----- and no, my T8s have gone to guildies only. 

white_pearls.thumb.JPG.37ea461ddd9bf821b

Ramblinrose you are so wise, so kind, so good at this game, can you not feel pity and sorrow for one such as I, and lend me your wonderful dulcet text to whisper me and say "I am selling a Tier 8 Horse to you, you kind gentlemen"

Posted

That's how cancer RNG works in this game kid.

I have a job so $800 ain't the end of world for me, but the stress of repeated failure to breed a T8 or to get the rare skill is irritating as F. I'd rather pay $800 straight up for a T8 with perfect skills than having to go through cancer RNG, it's heart attack inducing really.

wazzup KID xD You could buy fully prepared t8 for around 1/8 of what you payed thats wh you rekt yourself.

Posted

The problem with Horse trading is, you aren't guaranteed. You can't even put a 2 billion silver preorder to ensure it. You're basically going to give someone pearls who can put the horse up who can then get a friend to buy the horse. You're paying pearls for an attempt to buy a t8 white horse. Good luck.

Posted

And how many perfect T8s do you have to show for your work?

And how much more worthwhile was it than performing other afk activities, like Fishing, strength training or processing?

The problem with Horse trading is, you aren't guaranteed. You can't even put a 2 billion silver preorder to ensure it. You're basically going to give someone pearls who can put the horse up who can then get a friend to buy the horse. You're paying pearls for an attempt to buy a t8 white horse. Good luck.

This game seems very opposed to letting us sell items to a player of our choice.  I guess it's just another layer of RNG.

Posted

And how much more worthwhile was it than performing other afk activities, like Fishing, strength training or processing?

This game seems very opposed to letting us sell items to a player of our choice.  I guess it's just another layer of RNG.

Oh, no you can sell it to a player of your choice if it's friend to friend you can set up a time ( you still risk someone else sniping by bad luck). However, I wouldn't trust some random person selling it for pearls as he can get multiple people to put upfront pearls and get you all to chase the buy. And if you don't get it, it's "oh well i tried sorry" I bought two T8s so far from my wife who has a farm of them. She finally got her purebred white horse though at max speed with instant S(lucky *****) =). Maybe I should go on her account and sell it to myself

Posted

Oh, no you can sell it to a player of your choice if it's friend to friend you can set up a time ( you still risk someone else sniping by bad luck). However, I wouldn't trust some random person selling it for pearls as he can get multiple people to put upfront pearls and get you all to chase the buy. And if you don't get it, it's "oh well i tried sorry" I bought two T8s so far from my wife who has a farm of them. She finally got her purebred white horse though at max speed with instant S(lucky *****) =). Maybe I should go on her account and sell it to myself

rip marriage lel.

i did it for myself, i never cried they only sold for 200+m. Nor do i feel entitled if i ever sell one to beg for irl money

Posted

Sweet dude, you can breed it yourself then, since you know how easy it is. :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

It used to be that the "horse breeders" were a small section of the BDO playerbase.  Good horses which were listed on the market never even sold -  there was no NPC to vendor to. I remember some great T6s of mine that just sat there.

Now, however, it seems that most players are breeding horses, some out of necessity, many because they tried it once or twice, thought it was fun and carried on. T4s and T5s are selling  on the markets because people are breeding them.  I sold about 14 yesterday, they went instantly. Just watch the roads around Heidel, both wagons and solo riders.  I like watching wagons and looking at the horses and figuring out what colours they are hoping to breed.

So when people point fingers at the "horse breeders" you are actually pointing fingers at almost the whole community.  And I know very few people who breed horses exclusively, most are active in many other aspects of the game.

Pearl gifting is a virus that has infected everyone, it seems. Ask in general chat for a T8, or as others have said, try it yourself.  The forum horse breeders who post here, even put together a Breeder FAQ sharing info we have learned to help you and others.  Best of luck both in buying or breeding.

Posted

Just saw this post.  And last night ingame, saw this and screened it ----- and no, my T8s have gone to guildies only. 

white_pearls.thumb.JPG.37ea461ddd9bf821b

That was my potato horse I was selling. I don't care who it goes to as long as they use my horses well. I didn't feel like leveling a male to breed it so I figured I might as well get some pearls for things I've been wanting. For those wondering, I found a buyer right away, they had no problem gifting first and they were able to snipe the horse with no issues. I've got 3 other T8s that I'm thinking of selling for pearls while I still can. I already have 2 courser T8s that I'm going to keep (one with 2-seater for wars and then a pure white that will become a T9). c:

I feel like I'm finally being rewarded for all the bad horse breeding RNG now that I'm quitting it. xD

1 person likes this