• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PC Build for BDO

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Been a few months now I've had this PC build lying around and I thought I'd ask the BDO community what they thought of it, hoping some of you might tell me how well it would run in game, since BDO will be the most graphically / CPU challenging task my computer will probably face. I'm rather hoping I can play the game at maximum graphics at 60 FPS.

Processor Intel Core i5-6600 3.3Hz Quad Core
Graphics GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Dual Video Card
Motherboard Asus B150 Pro Gaming / Aura ATX LGA1151
RAM Corsair Vengence LPX 16gb (2x8gb) DDR4-3000 Memory

Full build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/W3zMXH

My current build gives me 20-40 fps idle, 1-5 fps at world bosses / Heidel, on minimal graphics with a i7 4770k 3.5 and a GTX 660

Posted

Process may struggle a bit, but everything else looks fine. What is your storage device?

Posted (edited)

Ask NASA for new prototypes, you will need those...

Edited by crosspath

Posted (edited)

Switch the 6600 out for a 6600k and you are good to go. The processor is more than adequate, BUT the k version allows overclocking. I myself run with an i5 6600k oc'ed at 4.7Ghz and i can say that the difference in fps in BDO when you compare the out of the box non clocked 3.5ghz to the 4.7ghz i run at, is pretty damn large. My fps increases as much as 10 fps, even to 15 fps higher, depending on where i am and the fps becomes Way more stable. In towns i get about 40-50 fps (50 on a good day) and in the open world i get 50-60. Thats with Everything maxed out except the useless high end mode. 

You might wanna look at a motherboard with a Z170A chipset instead, for the best OC capablities if you decide to get the 6600k. An OC'ed 6600k wil perform better than an i7 (not OC'ed ofcourse) in games.

Edited by Razzaqi
3 people like this

Posted

What's your budget 900? build doesn't look to bad, saves could be made to improve other bits,

Don't worry about overclocking, it isn't needed for intel,.

What PSU will you be using?

Posted

Just a note you wont be able to run that memory at full speed with M.2.  It will throttle the speeds on the M.2.

Posted (edited)

Been a few months now I've had this PC build lying around and I thought I'd ask the BDO community what they thought of it, hoping some of you might tell me how well it would run in game, since BDO will be the most graphically / CPU challenging task my computer will probably face. I'm rather hoping I can play the game at maximum graphics at 60 FPS.

My current build gives me 20-40 fps idle, 1-5 fps at world bosses / Heidel, on minimal graphics with a i7 4770k 3.5 and a GTX 660

I bought a i5-6600k couple weeks ago too, get a 212EVO ( edit : noctua is fine ) I could O.C. to 4.2ghz while taking only 5 degrees.
got gigabyte gaming3 MOBO tho.

1060 6bg aint worth it ( edit : palit is not a very good board partner too ) , get a RX480 ( asus strix is #1 )  instead the 1060 won't make you cap at 60fps while with the rx480 you can use freesync 35-72mhz effective. ( your screen won't cost a premium like g-sync screens do ) 1080p freesync screen are not more expensive than normal ones.

my 27'' samsung curved screen cost me under 300 canadians.

if you can get a 1070 then buy that instead.

get a good powersupply , this is often underrated , if you ever get a PSU failure your whole pc is -----ed. dont go cheap on it.
EVGA supernova's are really good for the buck. you want silver rated or +

also. if you can get an SSD go with that.
a small 120 or 250gb evo 850 or similar , only install your OS and black desert on it or games you play alot.
then get a bigger HDD for storage.

Edited by Sizer
1 person likes this

Posted

you can keep the processor. Just throw out the GTX 660 and replace it with a RX 480 8GB. Add a nice SSD to that and you are good to go. Other than that i'd recommend to wait for the Ryzen R5 series. Combine it with something like an Asus Prime B350M-A or a Gigabyte GA-AB350 mainboard, 16 gigs of Ryzen certified RAM like Corsair vengeance LPX or G.Skill Flare X and a SSD to complete the package and a RX 480 with 8 GB. With that setup you would get a lot more performance/value for your money

Posted (edited)

I would suggest keeping your current I7 and OC (it's rather easy and that's why you buy 'K' anyway) it to buy a 1080 (or wait a bit to see what AMD can offer with Vega) instead of changing everything as it seems that both CPUs has comparable perfs in gaming (and the i7 is better in productivity).

With your planned build you will have correct perfs on your own and should reach the 60fps desired (unless you are playing at more than 1080p) but you will still struggle on crowded areas. Your old build with a far better GPU should give you better fps everywhere (and you will save roughly 300£)

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

Intel i9 12900k 15ghz oc up to 20

gtx 2050x 76gb 

Razer 2087 Ssd 10tb

40gb/s internet conection 

2000w power supply 

420 gb ram 

Those are my specs and I run it on max settings with little lag during siege.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just a note you wont be able to run that memory at full speed with M.2.  It will throttle the speeds on the M.2.

As far as I know, PCI-E bandwidth downgrades when you mess with memory base clock, which isn't required to reach those "3000" Mhz.

Unless you meant something else that I'm not aware of.

Posted

Intel i9 12900k 15ghz oc up to 20

gtx 2050x 76gb 

Razer 2087 Ssd 10tb

40gb/s internet conection 

2000w power supply 

420 gb ram 

Those are my specs and I run it on max settings with little lag during siege.

btw, NASA's internet speed is 96gb/s.

Posted

As far as I know, PCI-E bandwidth downgrades when you mess with memory base clock, which isn't required to reach those "3000" Mhz.

Unless you meant something else that I'm not aware of.

ya if you use a PCI-E slot with M.2 ssd's its fine.  If you use the m.2 on the motherboard thats where you run into the issue.

Posted (edited)

ya if you use a PCI-E slot with M.2 ssd's its fine.  If you use the m.2 on the motherboard thats where you run into the issue.

The m.2 slot uses the PCI-E bus. What is the issue exactly ?

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

The main thing with this game is a good CPU and clock speed.

On your list you can get an i7 7700k 4.2 Ghz for only £10 more than what your paying if you go to alza

The graphics card doesnt make much difference as long as you have a decent one. You can get 60fps most places with a 980ti gtx (the game doesnt use sli/crossfire so only 1 graphics card works)

Posted (edited)

The m.2 slot uses the PCI-E bus. What is the issue exactly ?

The bios will throttle anything over 2666 mhz on memory.  To prevent over heating.

If you use one of your PCI-E lanes you wont have that issue.  Look it up its pretty well known issue with over clockers.

For instance if your NVME is rated at 2500 read, you may only get 1200-1500 depending on how much its throttled.  The moment you down clock the memory below 2666 you will get the full 2500 speed again.

Its a thermal restriction.

Edited by Lemonz

Posted (edited)

I have the same processor, video card and ram(i5 4460, 1060 & 16g ram) and I get like 7-15 fps during seige and nodewars. 40-60 fps in open world and 25-40 fps in towns

Edit: At low/very low settings / 4460 my bad

Edited by Asakku

Posted (edited)

I have the same processor, video card and ram(i5 6600, 1060 & 16g ram) and I get like 7-15 fps during seige and nodewars. 40-60 fps in open world and 25-40 fps in towns

Edit: At low/very low settings

you are doing something wrong. I have an i5 6400, gtx 1060 6 gb and 8GB DDR4 and easily get double/tripple the FPS during world bosses, +20-30 FPS in open world and 25-40 in towns, everything at max except no High End mode.

Edited by PsiGhost

Posted

you are doing something wrong. I have an i5 6400, gtx 1060 6 gb and 8GB DDR4 and easily get double/tripple the FPS during world bosses, +20-30 FPS in open world and 25-40 in towns, everything at max except no High End mode.

Well, I dont know what I can do wrong, freshly build pc, frenshly installed game... I have dual monitor 1080p, made custom setting for bdo in nvidia control pannel (+10-15fps) and while running the game my cpu threads are all at 90-100%

Posted

If you can get >30fps at Karanda during peak hour [bal2, vel4, ser2], your computer is amazing :)

I have no problem with other bosses :) except karanda when people trying to join in same channel

60fps openworld, ~30-50fps in town [heidel is worse of all]

i7 4790k, gtx1080, 32GB RAM, game on ssd

Posted (edited)

I'm running i7-7700k with gtx 1080 running at 60fps at max graphics. Full screen windowed

minus high end mode

60 fps open world and in towns where not very populated

~50+ fps while at kzarka with effects and names off

~30+ fps while in Heidel on crowded channel

Edited by MiNiBUNZ

Posted

I'm running i7-7700k with gtx 1080 running at 60fps at max graphics

minus high end mode

You need to break down your fps into 3 section since the fps fluctuate depend on where you at :) open world, town then world bosses :) - if you can put in further detail as well [normal time, peak time, type of bosses | since most people only have problem with karanda lag fest]

Posted

Can I have your computer? thx

Posted

Don't get a 1060 man. They are slow. Go for 1070 at the minimum.

Posted

Microwave from 1600.  Game still rockin!