• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Boss change petition

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I would like Kakao to consider the following changes to world and field bosses:

Remove the cap of players that receive loot or significantly boost it. - Players who participate from the beginning can receive nothing due to other players flooding in as the other channel's bosses die or due to playing on overly populated servers. A number of players playing BDO has changed mechanics need to adjust due to it.

Boost the spawn frequency of bosses to every 2-3 hours but limit the number of times a player's family can receive loot from a boss daily to 1-2 times. - This will lower a number of players participating per boss while also giving more players the opportunity to participate.

Poll for approval

Edit: Oops had suggestions and general forums tabs opened - I messed up.

For those who disagree that these changes would be beneficial I'm curious to hear your reasoning and what you would suggest.

Edited by MagicWookie
1 person likes this

Posted

*smacks head*

This is just a cry for giving people more rare loot since not many ever get it.

So OP, how does one offset the sudden influx of items this would cause? cause there would be at least 10x more kzarka's dropping every day with this...

No thought, no implementation, no brains....

Posted

*smacks head*

So OP, how does one offset the sudden influx of items this would cause? cause there would be at least 10x more kzarka's dropping every day with this...

But I want meh kzarka pliss! 

Posted

everyone should get boss items for every boss they do.

Posted

Hmm, now here is an poisons thought. Do this ^ but then make the enchanting process even more stressful. By using the enchant process of accessories but than for armors and weapons. So you will need an other kzarka to enchant your kzarka but if it fails it will say poof and it's gone. Then you can use cronstones for a chance of it not going poof but rather an degrade like we have now when an enchant failes. Those cronstones will give you 1% degrade change with a max of 20 stones. Ohh and blackstones and shards can be used for 0.01% enchant success increase for normal stones and 0.03% for shards. And mem frags can be used to repair your gear in the field. Of course this poisonous package comes included with an 70% lower succes rate for all the levels of enchants. 

Damn...... Rngus will be like....

d6b19bc491b6b18f8c7d17bcab2279d6.jpg

Posted

*smacks head*

I have dande and seen some boss gear, the problem is there are more players than ever now. I'm not saying to increase the drop rates I just including those participating for real who get screwed by the 80 person limit to have a shot at loot. There honestly needs to be a small raise to the amount of boss gear flowing into the game as there are more players.

Not saying that at all. Did my main post say anything about the drop rates themselves? No. I personally do think they could up them maybe 30% to account for all the new players but I know that part would be a shit storm as established players want it to be even harder than the process they themselves went through to get the gear. Merely talking about how crowded bosses are and the 80 player loot cap screwing people over and possible ways to amend that.

Posted (edited)

Remove the cap of players that receive loot or significantly boost it. - Players who participate from the beginning can receive nothing due to other players flooding in as the other channel's bosses die or due to playing on overly populated servers. A number of players playing BDO has changed mechanics need to adjust due to it.

Boost the spawn frequency of bosses to every 2-3 hours but limit the number of times a player's family can receive loot from a boss daily to 1-2 times. - This will lower a number of players participating per boss while also giving more players the opportunity to participate.

Poll for approval

For those who disagree that these changes would be beneficial I'm curious to hear your reasoning and what you would suggest.

The loot is meant to be rare. 

However something needs to change.  I love seeing screenshots of people that have 5 dande boxes and like 10 kzarka in their inventory meanwhile I have 80 aura's (not 100% drop rate mind you sometimes I get none).

Seems like some people are just "luckier" with boss drops.

Edited by Lemonz

Posted

Didn't they actually increase it awhile back? I remember it used to be like only one box drop a channel, now it's like two

Posted

What should be done is a number threshold on how much damage is done and how long you were there for. Let's say you did 20% of the boss and was there for the whole thing, then you should be put into a damage tier with other players who did similar damage with the same amount of time. I think Korea reworked the whole boss loot anyways to who does more damage while boosting how many people actually get good loot. Better than this rng shit show

Posted

However something needs to change.  I love seeing screenshots of people that have 5 dande boxes and like 10 kzarka in their inventory meanwhile I have 80 aura's (not 100% drop rate mind you sometimes I get none).

Seems like some people are just "luckier" with boss drops.

Its not realistic to get a +0 zarka on a drop or on the market place...

1. The drops are more likely to go to the people doing more damage to the boss, aka people who already have zarka's and don't need it, and drop in quantities of 0 to 2 for 50 to 100 people that show up.

2. Its meant to be like this. The game is telling you that you have 'good chances' of getting 1 zarka after showing up for 100 boss fights. 100! Latent auras don't even drop so theres not even a method of progress.

What does this say? They want people to show up for boss fights, and never complete it.

So, now you need to stop focusing resources on bosses, find a way to make silver, and buy the zarka straight out. People do make money off of boss fights, but its not the people with low gear scores, nor is it sane to rely on the change that you 'might' get lucky. (How many days, months even, does it take to kill 100 bosses?) Otherwise your waisting your time as simply 'content' for whales that is not reasonably rewarded. Seriously, what whale would keep playing the game where they had to solo every boss? They'd quit. There is no bragging rights to killing a big monster where no one can see you or cares that you did.

If its convenient, sure, go hit a boss and try to get lucky.

But its not the way to get things done.

Posted

terrible idea, forced mechanics to dumb the game down so you can get loot

nope

Posted

What should be done is a number threshold on how much damage is done and how long you were there for. Let's say you did 20% of the boss and was there for the whole thing, then you should be put into a damage tier with other players who did similar damage with the same amount of time. I think Korea reworked the whole boss loot anyways to who does more damage while boosting how many people actually get good loot. Better than this rng shit show

I like this idea also, hopefully we see that same patch come to NA. That's what really frustrates me is when I am there the whole boss fight and get nothing compared to the person who came in and did a single hit and gets a boss gear drop.

terrible idea, forced mechanics to dumb the game down so you can get loot

nope

Thanks for your in depth rebuttal. I have some boss already and will preorder/night vendor the rest as I have the money to upgrade. This is about the overall flow of loot into the game and the silly arbitrary 80 player loot cap. I also don't expect Kakao to do anything or even if they did it would be months after it matters to me personally, what I do care about is having players have a valid supply of possible upgrades so that players don't rage quit and this game stays healthy and continues to grow so we get more content. This problem from my observation seems to have originated with the server merges as now players (myself included) can jump from any server after the boss dies to others and flood that server denying players their fair shot at loot. If you can't see the inherent problems with that then your judgement shouldn't matter anyways.

Posted

The game need to be balanced. We have thousands of sold in market kzarka, liveto, offhands etc. and almost 0 muskans and tree armors - it is huge disblanance between accesibility of top offensive and defensive gear.

Posted

Its not realistic to get a +0 zarka on a drop or on the market place...

1. The drops are more likely to go to the people doing more damage to the boss, aka people who already have zarka's and don't need it, and drop in quantities of 0 to 2 for 50 to 100 people that show up.

2. Its meant to be like this. The game is telling you that you have 'good chances' of getting 1 zarka after showing up for 100 boss fights. 100! Latent auras don't even drop so theres not even a method of progress.

What does this say? They want people to show up for boss fights, and never complete it.

So, now you need to stop focusing resources on bosses, find a way to make silver, and buy the zarka straight out. People do make money off of boss fights, but its not the people with low gear scores, nor is it sane to rely on the change that you 'might' get lucky. (How many days, months even, does it take to kill 100 bosses?) Otherwise your waisting your time as simply 'content' for whales that is not reasonably rewarded. Seriously, what whale would keep playing the game where they had to solo every boss? They'd quit. There is no bragging rights to killing a big monster where no one can see you or cares that you did.

If its convenient, sure, go hit a boss and try to get lucky.

But its not the way to get things done.

Well thats just it I already have nouver and kzarka, kutum, Dande..... the issue isn't my damage lol.  I normally get top loot also.  

But my gear is all from NV, Marketplace.  I have never once gotten a boss drop and I do them every day.  I get livertos and awakening weapons pretty often but never boss boxes.

I have been the first on a boss, doing most damage, top loot table....... some hits boss twice gets the drop.  Hell one night I was at Kutum train..... out of 5 kills the same exact person got 3 kutum boxes.

Posted

Poll for approval

If you're there the entire time and get no loot, that means you do no damage which means you really aren't helping.

Posted

Can I get full PEN boss gear for posting on the forum. k thx bye.

Posted

Can the bosses start dropping pen accessories? Its too hard to get them!

Posted

Eh, I don't have much of an opinion on the loot tables right now. Personally I think they're fine but I've not put any serious thought into it in a while. 

I do wish they'd increase boss spawn frequency, though. If only because players with daytime obligations like work or school can end up missing an entire week's worth of spawns if the timers line up in the right way - which isn't that uncommon, I couldn't make it to Kutum for nearly two weeks because he'd spawn before I got home and after I needed to be in bed. 

Posted

Make field bosses instanced. Once the boss spawns, a 10 minute timer starts. Once 40 people have joined an instance it is locked out. A new instance is created for the next 40 ond so on. No new instances are created after 10 minute timer is up.

Up the limit for the world bosses, maybe.

And make the boss instances safe zones?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If you're there the entire time and get no loot, that means you do no damage which means you really aren't helping.

Yes as a 180 AP wizard going all out with food + fury buff - I did nothing...no it's that 200 other people jumped in from other servers for Karanda because we were a slower kill - this highlights the problem.

Make field bosses instanced. Once the boss spawns, a 10 minute timer starts. Once 40 people have joined an instance it is locked out. A new instance is created for the next 40 ond so on. No new instances are created after 10 minute timer is up.

I'm not sure if they have the tech for instances like this (haven't gotten to desert dungeons yet to see how they are implemented) but I like the idea.

Edited by MagicWookie

Posted

Poll for approval

on your profile it says , joined 27 february.

welcome to black desert.

no thank you.

1 person likes this

Posted

At only 150 ap, I've got enough Participation trophies already from these stupid things as it is...  I don't need any more thanks.

If there's anything they should probably increase, it should be the number of people getting Latent Auras because those already have some serious auto-limiting built into their design

Posted

people keep trying to change the fundamental base of the game... this game will never be instance based lol

Posted

on your profile it says , joined 27 february.

welcome to black desert.

no thank you.

i miss u

Posted

no thank you.

The safe zone thing was to avoid the instance being unfairly populated by war enemies when you have no control over it....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0