• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The elusive T8 courser

10 posts in this topic

Posted

How many people have been able to get a T8 courser, and how much did you have to do to get it be a courser? Been talking with some people of their experience, and I haven't found a single person who's been able to get a courser without spending pearl items. I've leveled up 11 T8s so far with no courser (sprinkled in P2W on two of them during leveling, but no luck).

As far as I know, there's a couple of methods to use:

• Keep replacing fore chop as the horse levels up. This seems to be one of the cheapest alternatives, but it doesn't guarantee much. A cheaper variant is to only replace fore chop once the horse has learned all of the very common skills (fore chop, hind kick, start accel, caution).
  • When the horse is lvl30, throw horse skill change coupons at it. If the horse still has common skills to learn, this can get absurdly expensive. You can improve your chances by replacing semi-rare skills like s: front kick and s: back kick.
  • When the horse is lvl30 and it has a common skill to learn (ie, fore chop), use premium horse change appearance coupons to learn that skill, and then replace it with a horse skill change coupon. I think this is more reliable than the above solution, but each premium coupon is a lot pricier. From the people I've talked with, it sounds like you have a 33% chance to learn a skill with a premium horse coupon on a T8.

So what did people end up doing, and how much did it cost (if you're okay with revealing that)? I'm getting close to the point where I either throw money in Kakao's face until one of my T8s is a courser and then cry myself to sleep, or throw the computer out the window and then cry myself to sleep.

1 person likes this

Posted

I aint spending another penny on horses. Don't care anymore.

Posted

I don't know one person who's got a T8 courser naturally by leveling.  Everybody I know, including those that posted in the sticky horse thread, got the courser by spending skills change coupons.

There are different ways to spend the skills change coupons, you listed them.  People do what works for them.  Some do get lucky and only have to spend a few coupons to get courser, some spend more.

Posted

I have managed to breed 3 T8 horses.  2males, 1 female.  First T8 ended up with 15 skills.  Kind of low to try for courser but only needed a couple skills and was a good horse for an alt.  2nd male was gold color and ended up with almost all courser skills and total of 17 skills.  I only had to use 2-3 change coupons to get the missing skill.  My 3rd was the female and she was a total potato.  12 skills and few of them good.  I bred her out and exchanged her.  She gave me 2 T6 females with crappy colors and a T7 male in return.  I decided to make the other male a courser as I really like the golden.  I needed s:IA and S:Sideways.  40+ skill changes later I got the final skill.  You can do the math.  That was right after T8s were released.  Many many breeds later I haven't been able to breed another T8.  I'm lucky to have the 2 I have I suppose but I did pay out the nose for that one.  Some have had it worse though.

Posted

Was missing Sideways & S: Sideways on my T8E (tried switching FC/S:FC a couple of times during levelling) and ended up getting S: Sideways first go skill changing at level 30 and Sideways after about 10 (!4 total skills)

Posted

I have managed to breed 3 T8 horses.  2males, 1 female.  First T8 ended up with 15 skills.  Kind of low to try for courser but only needed a couple skills and was a good horse for an alt.  2nd male was gold color and ended up with almost all courser skills and total of 17 skills.  I only had to use 2-3 change coupons to get the missing skill.  My 3rd was the female and she was a total potato.  12 skills and few of them good.  I bred her out and exchanged her.  She gave me 2 T6 females with crappy colors and a T7 male in return.  I decided to make the other male a courser as I really like the golden.  I needed s:IA and S:Sideways.  40+ skill changes later I got the final skill.  You can do the math.  That was right after T8s were released.  Many many breeds later I haven't been able to breed another T8.  I'm lucky to have the 2 I have I suppose but I did pay out the nose for that one.  Some have had it worse though.

I was kinda hopeful reading the first part of that. "2-3 coupons, that doesn't sound so bad!" And then... ouch. Too bad there's no way which is reliable. Any solution has the potential to burn a hole in your wallet.

Posted

I got impatient when I got my first t8 and used the first and last methods described in the OP, total cost probably like 150€. She wasn't a very smart horse by nature.

Posted

Someone posted their 19/19 pure T8 few weeks ago in the breeding thread but that is like getting a Pen item so good luck with that, i have "made" 4x coursers so far by using the methods you mentioned, lots of pearls involved.

Posted

• When the horse is lvl30, throw horse skill change coupons at it. If the horse still has common skills to learn, this can get absurdly expensive. You can improve your chances by replacing semi-rare skills like s: front kick and s: back kick.

pretty much this...

I think it will be impossible to do this without investing in skill change coupons.

Posted

• Keep replacing fore chop as the horse levels up. This seems to be one of the cheapest alternatives, but it doesn't guarantee much.

I have two T8 (and a few T7) courser (they have all posible skills) . Got them with the above Method

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0