• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Shills can memoryhole this all they want, but I want everyone to remember the leadup to awakenings.

104 posts in this topic

Posted

>No communication no whatsoever.

>Very vague talks on when awakenings might be coming out.

>Tried their absolute hardest to ignore the playerbase.

>It takes weeks of players lashing out at Kakao to get them to speak.

>It finally gets announced.

>You are getting yours one at a time. Every two weeks. Obliterating game balance instantly. After you've already waited over half a year.

Remember this every time a shill tells you that Kakao has your best interests in mind. If they even give you a date, the date will always be a few weeks off. And the delay will never be announced, you just have to figure that out yourself. This happened to Nouver. It's happening to Dark Knight. It will happen to every content release from here on out. They have absolutely no interest in communicating with you. Instead of getting surprised everytime it happens, just remember that it has a history and precedent of happening.

a1a33a536dc3bb4e5213a3ba66d75f6f74f7ea1943f42264a67f2527ae6ddbbf.png

11 people like this

Posted

Ye we got bad publisher.. Not like the Russian servers that have really good publisher

Posted (edited)

Just to be fair I think she should only rightly have to wait until December for her Awakening.

Otherwise her playerbase won't be nearly as upset. 9_9

Edited by Trixologist
1 person likes this

Posted

tumblr_madmvnroYu1rt0oww.gif

can you unban me?

CelestialEyeGoldfishWFG_Cn4D4774_med.jpg

Posted (edited)

tumblr_madmvnroYu1rt0oww.gif

HAHAHAHA.  Well played sir, well played...I...couldn't...help..myself...

Edited by Chless

Posted (edited)

That's odd, because they made a thread to consolidate all the feedback before awakenings were released.

That's odd, because they made a thread where they acknowledged the feedback and then gave a definitive and absolute release schedule. 

That's odd, because they were actively replying in the discussion thread and on twitter. 

That's odd, because they stated they would make an announcement "soon after Gamescom" on 12th August yet were making discussion threads and taking in feedback on 9th August.

That's odd, because the official announcement was made on 25th August, a mere 2 weeks after the twitter announcement.

>You are getting yours one at a time. Every two weeks. Obliterating game balance instantly. After you've already waited over half a year.

That's odd, because they stated in April that they 'intend' to release them all at once BUT stated that it may not be feasible to do this. So they never actually made a promise to release them all at once.

This happened to Nouver. It will happen to every content release from here on out. They have absolutely no interest in communicating with you.

That's odd, because they stated that Nouver was PLANNED (once again, not promised) to be released before Christmas and it was then release on 28th December which is during Christmas and not after it.

I get it, you want to sensationalise everything because you're upset and that's fine; but try not to lie and make things up so blatantly. :) 

Edited by Plunge
20 people like this

Posted

giphy.gif

8 people like this

Posted

Posted

Someone once told me that in Customer Service perception is reality.  Overcoming the perception that you have really poor communication, don't care about your customers, and are less than honest in your dealings with them is usually harder than actually just providing good service to begin with...but what do I know. 9_9:x

Someone once told me than all USA customers were asshats, doesn't make it true.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

That's odd, because they made a thread to consolidate all the feedback before awakenings were released.

That's odd, because they made a thread where they acknowledged the feedback and then gave a definitive and absolute release schedule. 

That's odd, because they were actively replying in the discussion thread and on twitter. 

That's odd, because they stated they would make an announcement "soon after Gamescom" on 12th August yet were making discussion threads and taking in feedback on 9th August.

That's odd, because the official announcement was made on 25th August, a mere 2 weeks after the twitter announcement.

That's odd, because they stated in April that they 'intend' to release them all at once BUT stated that it may not be feasible to do this. So they never actually made a promise to release them all at once.

That's odd, because they stated that Nouver was PLANNED (once again, not promised) to be released before Christmas and it was then release on 28th December which is during Christmas and not after it.

I get it, you want to sensationalise everything because you're upset and that's fine; but try not to lie and make things up so blatantly. :) 

There he goes again, whiteknighting. Paid mofo Plunge at it again. "They replied once, so they were actively responding!" "They deleted all complain threads and made one "consolidation thread"! After numerous -----ups they released a statement!

Okay, there we go retard. About your "they said intend to but stated it may not be feasible to do this". The only reason they said that is because not all awakening were released even in Korea. Not because it was "not feasible to do this". They also didn't do ANYTHING to release awakenings in a bulk. They purposefully milked the cow and you know it. They had a reason that was completely different to your whiteknight reasoning, so stfu with that screenshot. They intended, and never done anything to live up to our expectations and that promise.

And I don't think Kakao Games that hired you to whiteknight really agrees with you... I mean, they did change all youtube descriptions and the uploaded videos to hide the fact they promised it. If it was anything like what you're trying to say, they wouldn't feel the need to cover it all up. If they think they need to cover it up, it means those statements were binding, at least in their opinion. Now stfu and go back to your hole, whiteknight :)

Edited by Duniak
Shiiiit, I was REALLY sleepy writing that. Not even trying to correct all mistakes here, just the most glaring ones...
6 people like this

Posted

Years ago i was playing a Korean MMO with western publisher (was located in NA). Lead GM was my friend from even before he got the position.

I talk to him many times about game updates and stuff related to game and he told me they have no clue what updated are they getting on each maintaince, its bassically

what Koreans decide to prepare and that they will get. Only big expansions were announced a week or 2 before hand so they could PR the hype a bit.

Same is happening here .... you think GMs here do not want to communicate with us?  Nop, they are in the dark same as we are ... thats why we are getting vague responses when this or that will come to out server they do not know.

8 people like this

Posted

I talk to him many times about game updates and stuff related to game and he told me they have no clue what updated are they getting on each maintaince, its bassically

what Koreans decide to prepare and that they will get. Only big expansions were announced a week or 2 before hand so they could PR the hype a bit.

Its pretty much the same for bdo na. Surprising at just how little that kakao's employee's actually know.

Posted

This thread again?

People assume all of our CMs and GMs speak fluent Korean and have constant communication going on between themselves and their bosses over in Korea. I think it's silly to speak ill of a company that you know nothing about the inner workings of. For all you know, they could get patch information literally a day before a patch hits, and the content updates coming more than a week or two into the future are anyone's best guess

Irritated Twitch.gif

7 people like this

Posted

There he goes again, whiteknighting. Paid mofo Plunge at it again. "They replied once, so they were actively responding!" "They deleted all complain threads and made one "consolidation thread" After numerous -----ups released a statement!
Okay, there we go retard. About your "they said intend to but stated it may not be feasible to do this". The only reason they said that is because not all awakening were released even in Korea. Not because it was "not feasible to do this". They also didn't do ANYTHING to release awakenings in a bulk. They purposefully milked the cow and you know it. They had a reason that was completely different to your whiteknight reasoning, so stfu with that screenshot. They intended, and never done anything to live up to our expactations and that promise.

And I don't think Kakao Games that hired you to whiteknight really agrees with you... I mean, they did change all youtube descriptions and changes the uploaded videos to hide the fact they promised it. If it was anything like what you're trying to say, they wouldn't feel the need to cover it all up. If they think they need to cover it up, it means those statements were binding, at least in their opinion. Now stfu and go back to your whole, whiteknight :)

I am just going to completely put aside what you tried to say and not take either of the two sides but instead commend you on how long you managed to keep yourself from spewing out insults. You wonder why people don't take you seriously? Ever read your own comments? Reads like fresh from trumps twitter. 

1 person likes this

Posted

This thread again?

People assume all of our CMs and GMs speak fluent Korean and have constant communication going on between themselves and their bosses over in Korea. I think it's silly to speak ill of a company that you know nothing about the inner workings of. For all you know, they could get patch information literally a day before a patch hits, and the content updates coming more than a week or two into the future are anyone's best guess

But people don't need to know about the inner workings to criticize something that doesn't work to well. Criticism usually leads to improvement. Telling to shut up and take it leads to nothing.

1 person likes this

Posted

This thread again?

Irritated Twitch.gif

I have to chime in here and hope you can at least understand how patronizing this is and quite frankly B.S.

Kaka is the publisher, who the hell should be communicating with PA if not Kaka?!

WTF?! I mean seriously? Nice excuse for failing at your job! ( Not you personally, but Kaka the publisher) 

Can you imagine if this is how retail business dealt with their suppliers/ manufacturers? Jesus in the real world some retailers (I.E. Walmart) are so good and powerful at what they do that they tell the manufacturers what pricing they want their items to be at.

I get your a Volunteer, but your excuse for these guys was pretty sad and awful. It's what people who don't have pride in their jobs say or people who are failures at what they do....

I have never had a job in my life where I could use that as an excuse for my failure LOL

4 people like this

Posted

But people don't need to know about the inner workings to criticize something that doesn't work to well. Criticism usually leads to improvement. Telling to shut up and take it leads to nothing.

Ayl just said to this thread that no, it's not going to improve as KR doesn't fraking care

I have to chime in here and hope you can at least understand how patronizing this is and quite frankly B.S.

Kaka is the publisher, who the hell should be communicating with PA if not Kaka?!

WTF?! I mean seriously? Nice excuse for failing at your job! ( Not you personally, but Kaka the publisher) 

Can you imagine if this is how retail business dealt with their suppliers/ manufacturers? Jesus in the real world some retailers (I.E. Walmart) are so good and powerful at what they do that they tell the manufacturers what pricing they want their items to be at.

I get your a Volunteer, but your excuse for these guys was pretty sad and awful. It's what people who don't have pride in their jobs say or people who are failures at what they do....

I have never had a job in my life where I could use that as an excuse for my failure LOL

Welcome to KR dev-publisher partnership, where the publisher is treated lower than shit.

Shit can say how much they want to improve the shit status, the other side doesn't fraking care.

Posted

Ayl just said to this thread that no, it's not going to improve as KR doesn't fraking care

Ahm no? All he did was telling us that we don't know how stuff works withing Kakao-PA relationship. All he did was defending Kakao, not providing any statement of relevance.

Posted

Well making any "statement of relevance" is difficult as I don't speak for the Kakao US/EU business or staff members. All I can do is relay what I know from chatting with those staff members, but I still don't know what I am permitted, or not permitted to disclose. 

In regards to the people criticizing what I said, I believe you misunderstood what I was saying. I personally think that PA and Kakao KR are the ones that need to reach out to Kakao US/EU more, or converse with them in more depth. It's not that our publishers aren't trying. 

You're right that productive criticism can be beneficial in the long run. But this,

Remember this every time a shill tells you that Kakao has your best interests in mind. If they even give you a date, the date will always be a few weeks off. And the delay will never be announced, you just have to figure that out yourself. This happened to Nouver. It's happening to Dark Knight. It will happen to every content release from here on out. They have absolutely no interest in communicating with you. Instead of getting surprised everytime it happens, just remember that it has a history and precedent of happening.

this, is not productive criticism. I can tell you right now that Kakao US/EU aren't out to get you or to ruin your day. Thinking with that mindset is just silly. 

Posted

Ahm no? All he did was telling us that we don't know how stuff works withing Kakao-PA relationship. All he did was defending Kakao, not providing any statement of relevance.

Tis was underlined in it, if you can't read between the lines, not my fault.

Posted (edited)

Than why bring this game to our region? Cash grab?

Or is there no pride anywhere in PA/ Kaka?  I guess as long as they're making money, who cares about being "good" at what you do or how you communicate?

I mean think about what you are typing/ insinuating.  Is there a different party besides Kaka/ Pa that is supposed to communicate? you guys can't get your patch notes even right. Stuff in there that was put into the game patches ago, stuff put in saying it's there, when in fact it's not.

So all these B.S. layers of companies leaves us with both Kaka/ Pa pointing fingers at each other, each having the other as a scape goat.

Nice system there... sigh.... thanks for confirming the shit show.... ( I know you aren't an employee, which further muddies the water lol great!)

Edited by Pavo

Posted

Than why bring this game to our region? Cash grab?

Or is there no pride anywhere in PA/ Kaka?  I guess as long as they're making money, who cares about being "good" at what you do or how you communicate?

I mean think about what you are typing/ insinuating.  Is there a different party besides Kaka/ Pa that is supposed to communicate? you guys can't get your patch notes even right. Stuff in there that was put into the game patches ago, stuff put in saying it's there, when in fact it's not.

So all these B.S. layers of companies leaves us with both Kaka/ Pa pointing fingers at each other, each having the other as a scape goat.

Nice system there... sigh.... thanks for confirming the shit show.... ( I know you aren't an employee, which further muddies the water lol great!)

Imagine that you have the possibility to earn a bit more. very low amount of work, no repercussion on the work you are doing right now, not illegal either. Tis not a static income and is very low compared to what you earn usually (like 2-5%). It's a bit of a hassle to organize but you do it nonetheless (we never have enough money right?). A bit of time later, that little work, that still doesn't earn you much come pestering at your door.

What do you do?

Kr choose to shut the door.

The distance makes it so they don't care what happen to their product and how much people likes it.

Posted

Cash grab?

Completely! PA doesn't care about BDO NA/Europe until end of march 2016 because of the huge profits earned during this month....