• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Shills can memoryhole this all they want, but I want everyone to remember the leadup to awakenings.

104 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

k2e7rto.thumb.jpg.55db1c5d6c8d8134e54249

Between these two dates, Pearl Abyss wanted impose their point of view how to publish the game especially when you want milking some people. Kako isn't really the "true" wicked witch. PA played a major part of this.

Then, this project manager could be fired between these two dates and replaced by another one more competitve 

That's ok, silence is a form of communication as well. Not gonna stop pointing shit out cause they're silent, at least others can form an opinion based on what gets said and . . . what doesn't.

This are the rules imposed by PA just saying.

Edited by Ashenvall

Posted

This are the rules imposed by PA just saying.

Pearl Abyss directly controls how Kakao EU does customer relations?

That does kinda beg the question: why are we talking to Kakao EU ever?

Posted

Pearl Abyss directly controls how Kakao EU does customer relations?

That does kinda beg the question: why are we talking to Kakao EU ever?

Yes, because it's just a f**** slave publisher

Posted

Yes, because it's just a f**** slave publisher

Alright, can we have Pearl Abyss' public facing e-mail posted in the "how to contact" already then?

Posted

For all you know, they could get patch information literally a day before a patch hits, and the content updates coming more than a week or two into the future are anyone's best guess

There's no excuse, it's clear there's little to no communication between Kakao and PA

Just like there's little to no communication between Kakao and the playerbase

It seems that Kakao is the common denominator

1 person likes this

Posted

There's no excuse, it's clear there's little to no communication between Kakao and PA

Just like there's little to no communication between Kakao and the playerbase

It seems that Kakao is the common denominator

That's a flawed argument.

How could Kakao be the common denominator if they don't get the information in the first place? Yes, they're not communicating in this made-up scenario, but it's not particularly their fault. 

Posted

Actually, you didn't.

The link spam from your first post, was simply Highlighting news update After they got implemented. But conveniently ignored all the informations that was received Before the said news got added, and the example of Nouver easily show with evidence the contradiction of your links Vs what actually happened.

I'm terribly sorry, I was under the impression that you followed the Gregorian calendar and therefore knew how it worked; as you don't I'll be happy to inform you. In the Western world, 9th usually comes BEFORE 12th, so when they made the feedback thread for awakenings BEFORE the announcement it shows that this was done BEFORE the fact and not AFTER. What's ironic is that you're accusing me of cherry-picking, but then cherry-picking yourself. The argument being made that Kakao doesn't communicate with us and gives us wrong information is completely dispelled by one example as it shows that they do communicate with us. Nouver may not have been released when it was intended to be, but they kept us informed of it at every step. If you want to be blame Kakao for this and claim that they don't communicate with us, then you have to paint EVERY SINGLE company in the world, otherwise you're cherry-picking for dramatics in the hope the people ignore the facts. :) 

The problem is this "issues" are way too often, and honestly present 1 logical conclusion : they have no idea What/When/Where an Update is planned.

Even the Patch Notes are still being posted After a maintenance.

You have no evidence that they don't know what's going on and your argument that they don't know what's going on purely because patch notes are displayed after the patch hits is destroyed with one very simple link, maintencance threads, which may not detail every single change but do show us that they know what is happening before the patch is applied. We can also see when the patch notes do finally get revealed that they are generally posted 10-12 hours before they are revealed and are merely hidden, which destroys your argument once again. I, of course, don't work for Kakao like yourself so can't claim to know their inner workings, but a reason we don't see the patch notes until the patch hits is probably so that if something goes wrong and they can implement something you won't have people like OP and yourself screaming their heads off because the path notes said the sky was going to be turned a lilac blue whereas it remained a sky blue. :) 

2 people like this

Posted

More entitled snowflake sniveling.  How embarrassing.

Posted

Ohh Plunge, remember this thread? http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/106513-updated-in-game-accessibility-to-pearl-shop-items/

You see how well they listened to the community on that one, right? It's not like a ton of people quit the game or anything after that destroying multiple guilds.....

Firstly do you have a source on how many people quit the game because of that thread? I wish people like yourself would stick to the facts rather than try to sensationalise things in the hopes that people ignore the fact you haven't written anything true. I remember that thread quite clearly, I remember how people in game were changing their guild icons and I remember how the forums were blown up because people were screaming and crying that the game was going to be P2W because costumes would be selling for 80-100 million silver on release. I remember making a thread to show the hypocrisy of people claiming that if a guild changed their flag it meant everyone in the guild agreed, I remember making another thread to get people to calm down and wait for the patch to happen so we'd have all the information and the sensationalism would die down.

You know what I remember the most though? The fondest? 

I remember how when the patch happened the guilds quietly changed their flags, how people on the forums quietly changed their "Say no to P2W" logos, how the QQ threads died down and most of all...how our prices didn't rise as the QQers claimed. :) 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I do sympathize with game staff when it comes to knowing just how much information is enough information. Some people are refusing to be pleased by any answer that doesn't vilify a corporation. 

If they hint at the end of March as a release date, but then need to pull that release date later on, people are ready to hang, draw and quarter them for misleading or not living up to their promises.

If they decide not to make promises so as not to break promises, they're given a tongue lashing for not communicating well enough.

Maybe that's worth thinking about to some?

Edited by Cardiel
3 people like this

Posted

OP you have exaggerated so much that your entire post is nothing more than useless whining and crying.

2 people like this

Posted

How could Kakao be the common denominator if they don't get the information in the first place? Yes, they're not communicating in this made-up scenario, but it's not particularly their fault. 

I hate to repeat myself but I'm going to anyway: what is it you think Kakao EU does all day?

Posted

I hate to repeat myself but I'm going to anyway: what is it you think Kakao EU does all day?

It's less what I think, and more what I know. As I've said in a couple posts today and yesterday, I'm not sure what I'm allowed to disclose though. If you've followed me on the forums for a while, I'd hope you know I try to be as transparent and straight-up as possible. 

I apologize for being unable to answer your question.

Posted

It's less what I think, and more what I know. As I've said in a couple posts today and yesterday, I'm not sure what I'm allowed to disclose though. If you've followed me on the forums for a while, I'd hope you know I try to be as transparent and straight-up as possible. 

I apologize for being unable to answer your question.

That was a less inspiring answer than I'd dared think ;)

Posted

That was a less inspiring answer than I'd dared think ;)

Sorry to disappoint.

Posted

Sorry to disappoint.

Ha.

Posted

this is why I despise Kaka....

" Hey guys, we are going to publish this game, but sign a super NDA that doesn't let us say shit about it, also we will not communicate with the developer, but hey it's not OUR fault, you players should never have signed that agreement for us!?"

Worst part is a volunteer mod is kind of "informing" us, while not knowing what he/she can or cannot say, also they aren't an employee so it's all "B.S." hearsay anyways?!

WTF?!

Posted

whether it is poor communication between PA and Kakao or Kakao and the playerbase, I dont think anyone who has been around for a while here could reasonably claim communication is great, or even good. Whatever the reason for it, there is a huge margin for improvement.

TBH, I don't expect to see any changes in this regard. But I would like to point out that all defense of Kakao in threads on this subject come from players or volunteers like yourself, and they shouldn't be relying on you and Plunge on such an important issue.

Posted

Worst part is a volunteer mod is kind of "informing" us, while not knowing what he/she can or cannot say, also they aren't an employee so it's all "B.S." hearsay anyways?!

WTF?!

I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's "B.S" hearsay". We on the forum team do have a good degree of communication between ourselves and the staff, both the GMs and the CMs. 

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's "B.S" hearsay". We on the forum team do have a good degree of communication between ourselves and the staff, both the GMs and the CMs. 

I'm sorry, should have put in a sarcastic thingy. 

I don't mean to say you are lying to us or giving us B.S.

I was just saying I could say it's all B.S. and no once can say otherwise since you aren't an employee and Kaka's silence let's them discredit you at any time they want.. or keep silent about it.

For you personally I'm pointing out the irony that you are trying to help us, but in the end, you don't even know what you can or can't tell us and since you aren't an employee, we can discount it anyways. Or you can always go back on your "word" since you don't work for them.

In other words, in this case, I can choose to believe any other poster as much as you, since the only proof you have is your "dealings" with them as a volunteer mod.

Hope you get what I'm saying though...

All this is made possible by Kaka's crappy silence, whether it's because they don't communicate with the developer or not. Like we can do anything about it or we are the ones to blame for this.

Kaka is the only one who can "man" up and start to pressure/ demand changes from the developer. But seeing as Kaka is making free money with little/ no effort selling someone elses product, which the developer should do anyways in this new digital world, I would keep my mouth shut too lol

Edited by Pavo

Posted

The argument being made that Kakao doesn't communicate with us and gives us wrong information is completely dispelled by one example as it shows that they do communicate with us.

There is a massive difference between :

No Communication (what your claiming to defend) #  Bad Communication (What i am presenting).

The part about wrong information is another alien in this whole conversation .. the deflection started when you attempted to change the points towards "Feedbacks", but this is just getting silly ..

Nouver may not have been released when it was intended to be, but they kept us informed of it at every step.

This Thread was made on 28 of Sept (originally in 27), in an attempt to get any update available about Nouver as we got close to the deadline of "Will come in September", guess what ? there is no official answer about delay or a change of plan untill the 5th of October, when CM_Tytyes posted an Update :

Hey guys,

I've been asking around and the best answer I got and that I can share is that Nouver is planned for before Christmas. But unfortunately nothing more precise. :ph34r:

Professionally speaking, what is the next step for a company to do when a deadline is passed ? Allow me to send you to this : Article.

Tldr version :

• Give as Much Advance Notice as Possible.
  • Explain Yourself—Briefly.
  • Give an Option or a Bonus.
  • Show Professionalism and Appreciation.
  • Make Sure It’s Rare.

If 28 Sep - 5 Oct = 7 days of Silence, after a deadline is considered "kept us informed of it at every step" by you, then it's fine, different peoples have different standards, and for me it's not.

Again that's not complaining it's : a Feedback, and it was expressed several time at early stages of the game by a lot of users : "The communication level need Improvements".

I shall return for the patch notes part, if i feel bored enough.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

There is a massive difference between :

No Communication (what your claiming to defend) #  Bad Communication (What i am presenting).

The part about wrong information is another alien in this whole conversation .. the deflection started when you attempted to change the points towards "Feedbacks", but this is just getting silly ..

There's been no deflection on my part, you're merely trying to ignore things because they don't agree with your theory that there's bad communication. Feedback and supplying wrong information are part of communication and I don't know why you're trying to argue that they aren't but no matter. 

This Thread was made on 28 of Sept (originally in 27), in an attempt to get any update available about Nouver as we got close to the deadline of "Will come in September", guess what ? there is no official answer about delay or a change of plan untill the 5th of October, when CM_Tytyes posted an Update :

If 28 Sep - 5 Oct = 7 days of Silence, after a deadline is considered "kept us informed of it at every step" by you, then it's fine, different peoples have different standards, and for me it's not.

Again that's not complaining it's : a Feedback, and it was expressed several time at early stages of the game by a lot of users : "The communication level need Improvements".

I shall return for the patch notes part, if i feel bored enough.

There's a difference between saying "You are definitely getting this in September" and then ignoring every comment asking about Nouver before quietly releasing it in December and then keeping the community informed whilst it's pushed back. You'll be hard-pressed to find a single company in the world, that's company in general and not just game companies, that have offered up a date and then ALWAYS met it. OP is claiming that Kakao don't communicate with the community and ignore all feedback, the fact that they edited things, updated threads and made new threads shows that they are continuously keeping us updated. 

I'm sure you'll answer the pacth notes bit in a while, after all it's not like it completely destroys the point you made or anything... :) 

Edited by Plunge

Posted

Wow. I actually got some insight in the mind of people like you. Kinda scares me Tbh. You ever thought that you might be wrong as well? And yes adding insults to your comment does change your point because it makes it look you have nothing to add to the discussion so you have to result to insults. Do you really go through your life insulting everyone as soon as you think he might have done or said something that doesn't fit you? 

3 people like this

Posted

Wow. I actually got some insight in the mind of people like you. Kinda scares me Tbh. You ever thought that you might be wrong as well? And yes adding insults to your comment does change your point because it makes it look you have nothing to add to the discussion so you have to result to insults. Do you really go through your life insulting everyone as soon as you think he might have done or said something that doesn't fit you? 

No that's what the internet was created for.

See in real life when you call strangers retards/ stupid to their face, they actaully might be able to beat you up.

So that fear prevents people (usually) from talking like that directly to other people.

So they become the literal Forum Warrior Stereotype.

1 person likes this