• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DP buff in PvP

38 posts in this topic

Posted

These changes only look to help wizard/witch and put classes that were already in the margins further in the margins.

You can't fix DP or any main stat without first balancing the damn classes.

Posted

These changes only look to help wizard/witch and put classes that were already in the margins further in the margins.

You can't fix DP or any main stat without first balancing the damn classes.

And around what you will baalnce them? Aroudn broken system? First fix things that affect everyone, then fix specific things... They have order right... Holy crap all these "game designers" on the forum...

Posted

And around what you will baalnce them? Aroudn broken system? First fix things that affect everyone, then fix specific things... They have order right... Holy crap all these "game designers" on the forum...

Gotta say I agree that getting the underlying system right then balancing around that is the most efficient means to an end. Balancing individually then changing the system just throws everything back out of whack. 

Posted (edited)

You can "fix" the "underlying system" all you want but the problems of class balance will still be the main problem. Wizards and Witches are going to be just as OP with slight stat adjustments within the "underlying system"..

Edited by Wrekks
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You can "fix" the "underlying system" all you want but the problems of class balance will still be the main problem. Wizards and Witches are going to be just as OP with slight stat adjustments within the "underlying system"..

The first to CC=win dynamic exists for all classes and appears to be something they're trying to get away from without nerfing each class, but instead changing the way the system works. While I'd rather see something more like B&S with the CC system, it would be way too big a revamp of this game to work. Again my point is that if they really are looking into making huge combat system changes like this, and that is likely considering what they are testing, it is most efficient for development time spent to settle this first before individually balancing classes because they will need to be balanced around the new dynamic. 

Also I don't know what you are looking at, but I wouldn't use the word slight at all for what they are testing on KR right now. 

Edited by Kutsuu

Posted (edited)

Some people don't have logic.

Edited by YajStylez

Posted

Please take your general comments on this to the general forum and let's discuss possible ramifications for warriors with this change

With the effectiveness of DP being buffed and this KD block, I guess DR will become more viable again, even if Vangertz has better offensive stats than Kite?

Posted (edited)

DP never really was much of a problem itself besides hidden stats and the type of DP.  What made DP seemed useless was only because there really are DP tiers.  Like Wrekks said, fix the actual problem of class balance instead of something that has absolutely no relationship to it.  I don't want to see small/1vs1 fights that have no winner, let alone fights that are over a few minutes because of hybrid builds.  

Sure, DP buff will give more reason for DR being more viable but that just creates new and unwanted problems when it never was part of the problem in the first place.

Edited by YajStylez

Posted

DP never really was much of a problem itself besides hidden stats and the type of DP.  What made DP seemed useless was only because there really are DP tiers.  Like Wrekks said, fix the actual problem of class balance instead of something that has absolutely no relationship to it.  I don't want to see small/1vs1 fights that have no winner, let alone fights that are over a few minutes because of hybrid builds.  

Sure, DP buff will give more reason for DR being more viable but that just creates new and unwanted problems when it never was part of the problem in the first place.

Balancing around KR gearing meta will cause problems here where people tends to go more hybrid.

Posted

Please take your general comments on this to the general forum and let's discuss possible ramifications for warriors with this change

With the effectiveness of DP being buffed and this KD block, I guess DR will become more viable again, even if Vangertz has better offensive stats than Kite?

depends on the type of a buff... If they changed type of scaling i can see Kutum bein even better (from linear to typical armor system from other games)... Hybrid eva/DR or AP/DR, acc/DR will be quite good... If they only increased  reduction per point of DR it can be a problem... Bcs now with its linear scaling you can in theory hit invicibility... But its around 600 pure DR... While you can get around 250 if you go full DR (rest is eva)... So if they kept linear scaling, depending on how much it increased, you either want pure DR to hit numbers close to 100% dmg reduction (if it is increased by a lot), or it wont change anything and evasion will be still better, not only bcs it scales better, but bcs it screwing combos > dmg reduction...

Posted

I'm bumping this so someone like @aznboy568 or @Oneuproad who might have some more info about the recent DP buffs in KR can give an answer to whether or not DR has gotten more viable due to the changes in KR?

Posted

I'm bumping this so someone like @aznboy568 or @Oneuproad who might have some more info about the recent DP buffs in KR can give an answer to whether or not DR has gotten more viable due to the changes in KR?

I do not log to KR anymore. But they should give us the -----ing ankle break and grave digging finally.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0