• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DP getting buffed ? Mixed feelings ?

20 posts in this topic

Posted

New kr patch 【Character 】 ● PvP defense efficiency of all characters has been increased.

1v1 can already last 30min+ if 2 good players fight with pots. I guess its gonna be nice in mass pvp  but idk mixed feelings about it, what u guys think?

Posted

DP may finally mean something now ^.^

lNEg8.gif

6 people like this

Posted

I don't give a ----- about PvP, is so badly done and a person with low spec pc who has enemy effects off is in clear disadvantage also the gear... and network, i often see people teleporting and no is not a skill they appear grabing me then they are super far away blah big crap

Posted

From what we could see, its just small DR buff... And so small it wasnt even visible at higher gear... Maybe scaling was changed, so it stronger at earlier stages, or its part of more changes... Who knows... There have to be more tests done, or it has to be shipped here, so we can actually check it, but so far it looks like it wont change anything...

Posted

Don't expect much from it. The "same" thing happened last year (or was it 2015?) as well and it did change nothing in terms of DP's usefulness.

And depending on how it'll affect DP, it might just be another buff for those classes who can already sacrifice AP for DP due to their superior damage scaling.

Posted

I don't give a ----- about PvP, is so badly done and a person with low spec pc who has enemy effects off is in clear disadvantage...

I'm sorry, but having a potato PC is not the games fault.

1 person likes this

Posted

Bad idea. You really want to duke it out with someone while you're trying to grind for 30 minutes? How shit will that be. I'll be going full DP set than while I get friends who will be glass cannons and I'll just chain grab the shit out of you till you die camp you at node till you leave then go back to my full AP set to out grind if you still attempt to clear waves faster(you wont). You think griefing is bad now? Wait till a warrior comes at you with high DP skills or a zerker with hybrid stats that can constantly heal. *claps* I hope you're all excited about this.  The one positive thing about this will be for siege/node wars, they will last forever and you wont instantly die after reviving if you're being zerged..

Posted

Bad idea. You really want to duke it out with someone while you're trying to grind for 30 minutes? How shit will that be. I'll be going full DP set than while I get friends who will be glass cannons and I'll just chain grab the shit out of you till you die camp you at node till you leave then go back to my full AP set to out grind if you still attempt to clear waves faster(you wont). You think griefing is bad now? Wait till a warrior comes at you with high DP skills or a zerker with hybrid stats that can constantly heal. *claps* I hope you're all excited about this.  The one positive thing about this will be for siege/node wars, they will last forever and you wont instantly die after reviving if you're being zerged..

With actualy not gimped DP scaling, healing could be reduced... But thats probably too much work...

Posted

1v1 can already last 30min+ if 2 good players fight with pots. I guess its gonna be nice in mass pvp  but idk mixed feelings about it, what u guys think?

It can but it does not have to. And I do not believe it will make PvP better or worse in any way. Those rare actual PvP fights that are annoying and long will still be annoying and long, while the major part will remain PK where you use your ghillie to sneak up on an enemy, stun him, use your ulti and then get the hell out of that place. 

Posted

This DP buff was promised over half year ago. I will see how it work, but I do not have much hope for it - if still bullshits like one combo tank classes will still there this game will be removed from my disc.

Posted

I really doubt that's going to happen. Vast majority use AP&acc build when grinding, because make more monies and outdps nearby plebs, when no more karma. This is also a solo rpg in terms of PvE, so amount of players running around with pocket DP zerk for grabs, will remain microscopic.

Besides, we have no clue how much impact that buff has on survivability. I'm sure it's somewhere between barley noticeable and no difference, like with everything else in this game after it receives a "buff".

Posted

Just another indirect buff to witch/wizard with evansion build, nothing else...

Posted

Just another indirect buff to witch/wizard with evansion build, nothing else...

Question is if this buff linear for all classes.

Posted

This means that the DP wizards and witches will rule BDO world.  A wall that hits you like a train.

Posted

saw some krs fight today

change barely looks like it means much.

Question is if this buff linear for all classes.

Linear or equal?

not all classes were created equal.

Posted

1v1

For the 50th f***king time....   this isn't a LOBBY GAME like blade and soul.

..also who teh EFF uses pots in Arena/Duel???   This was Bait wasn't it??

Posted

This comes back to my question on diminishing returns. In the end, DP is a percentage buffer. The Higher the DP the higher the percentage of damage that doesn't get through but what would the theoretic DP number be for a player to buffer all damage and can that be done or is there a hard cap at say 60% where damage will always get through?

You have a 100% buff. You can use it on a 2% skill or a 20% skill. The choice is obvious. You can have a 40% or a 4%. The reason they can't buff DP is the diminishing returns forces the value down so low at higher levels that even double or triple strength is minuscule.

If they really want to 'fix' this they could add a super armor elixir or something that amplifies the DP resist 1000% for 10 seconds or something with a 1 minute cool down. That sort of addition won't contaminate PvE and will create PvP buffers to alpha, nuke.

Posted (edited)

This comes back to my question on diminishing returns. In the end, DP is a percentage buffer. The Higher the DP the higher the percentage of damage that doesn't get through but what would the theoretic DP number be for a player to buffer all damage and can that be done or is there a hard cap at say 60% where damage will always get through?

You have a 100% buff. You can use it on a 2% skill or a 20% skill. The choice is obvious. You can have a 40% or a 4%. The reason they can't buff DP is the diminishing returns forces the value down so low at higher levels that even double or triple strength is minuscule.

If they really want to 'fix' this they could add a super armor elixir or something that amplifies the DP resist 1000% for 10 seconds or something with a 1 minute cool down. That sort of addition won't contaminate PvE and will create PvP buffers to alpha, nuke.

No diminishing returns on DP... DP is Eva+DR... Both scale linearly, but since DR aint countered by ACC like Eva is, its possible actual value is garbage...

What you are probably thinking is how armor works in other games (WoW, LoL, DotA etc..), but even there it doesnt have diminishing returns... It just looks like that to people who dont know how it works...

Edited by RoakOriginal

Posted (edited)

is a DP buff for all classe.. when  DP need buff for specifique classe like Valkyrie and berzerker. a Flat +100 DR for Valkyrie completly ( 6 DP passive actualy lol when DK have 7 Accuracy (Bheg glove) with passive.)

All classe need a complet rework..

Edited by Catastigma
1 person likes this

Posted

I think of this more like the resilience system they had in World of Warcraft. I'm not entirely sure it's good for the game either (it certainly wasn't for WoW).

In BDOs case it'll either do too much or barely anything at all, and since it's added as a skill it won't affect item scaling in the slightest either. At best it could be an excuse to up character damage in pve I guess? Would be an odd roundaway method of doing it though cause of the way Damage Reduction and skill damage works.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0