• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tamer Gear Discussion

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm a lvl 56 tamer whose been playing since Mid-jan. I know everyone pushes Grunil, but my question is about accuracy. I had felt like I was missing a lot of hits when I was around 50.... so I decided to switch to 3 pieces of Taritas and Heve body. With my accessories I have 10 accuracy. Am I making a mistake with this approach as I wait to acquire boss gear?

http://bdoplanner.com/s/i7KsOVAr
- here is a link to my current set up

Any suggestions?

Edit: Also, am I safe to move on to Valencia with this ap/dp set up?

No insight for a fellow tamer?

Edited by JM
added comment

Posted

There is no special gear.

Boss gear has better stats and in general is one teir above green gear (except bhegs).

A tri boss gear would be about the same as a tet green gear and then with better stats.

you either go full boss gear...or full boss gear. Getting full boss gear is another issue currently.

In terms of weapons, you need a Kzarka, everyone needs a kzarka, don't think about anything but a kzarka.

The exception is the awakening weapon. Dandy is a pure pve weapon. All the talk of hidden stats are a lie. It's simply pure AP, and is about 1-2% less human/pvp damage then blue. A tet blue would feel like a slightly inferior tet dandy, and much stronger then a tri.

accessories depend on the situations. Sometimes you want AP, some times DP, sometimes accuracy. Though accuracy is high already to tamer class.

Posted

Gotta agree with Kuu. Despite the gear variety don't get tricked into thinking you anything other than boss armor is worth investing money. Once you get bhegs and lvld you'll have no issues with acc as a tamer.

Posted

Tamer needs accuracy.PERIOD. use red coral earings; other acc items optional but I use kutum and tree belt. I am a level 60 tamer with 202/288. As for gear before boss... i would personally use the chest piece you get from the quest and either 3 piece algerian or Heve. Since you have heve i would stay/go with a full set. I would go with that bc when you get boss gear, any piece, and start switching it out you still get a set bonus and Heve is good for any alts

Posted (edited)

i really never notice that i needed acc on most of my skills 59+ besides sorc/ninjas i have no problem with cc-ing targets

Edited by Lenerlink

Posted

Are you guys alright? Are you seriously recommending someone who merely played for 2 months to concentrate on nothing but boss gear? Even trying to enchant a single piece is likely going to break his bank and slow him down on his overall progress.

As someone else mentioned: Go with the armour piece from the quest line and top it up with 3 Heve pieces for a substantial HP boost. Get all your weapons to TRI (the Liverto is perfectly fine by the way), turn your blue staff into an ultimate and then start to upgrade your armor pieces to TRI (which you'll likely do on some anyway why failstacking for your weapons).

After that you can work on your accessories. Red Coral Earrings are practically best in slot (due to accuracy) but you may also use the poor man's version of those, the Mesto Earrings. The Valencia quest lines provide you with decent 7 AP rings. Necklace and Belt are somewhat depending on what kind of build you're looking for.

After that point you may look into boss armour and boss weaponry. Bheg's Gloves and Muskan Boots are the most important items. Kzarka is a decent boost in accuracy but to be perfectly honest it shouldn't be prioritized.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Are you guys alright? Are you seriously recommending someone who merely played for 2 months to concentrate on nothing but boss gear? Even trying to enchant a single piece is likely going to break his bank and slow him down on his overall progress.

As someone else mentioned: Go with the armour piece from the quest line and top it up with 3 Heve pieces for a substantial HP boost. Get all your weapons to TRI (the Liverto is perfectly fine by the way), turn your blue staff into an ultimate and then start to upgrade your armor pieces to TRI (which you'll likely do on some anyway why failstacking for your weapons).

After that you can work on your accessories. Red Coral Earrings are practically best in slot (due to accuracy) but you may also use the poor man's version of those, the Mesto Earrings. The Valencia quest lines provide you with decent 7 AP rings. Necklace and Belt are somewhat depending on what kind of build you're looking for.

After that point you may look into boss armour and boss weaponry. Bheg's Gloves and Muskan Boots are the most important items. Kzarka is a decent boost in accuracy but to be perfectly honest it shouldn't be prioritized.

There's no time table for boss gear these days. The curve is such that anyone with 2 weeks can catch up to anyone in in 8months, with the only curve in the last 2-3 stages of equipment.

I know someone that went in 3 weeks from 200GS to 450GS sole because they invested in boss gear. Though luck was with them. (attendance reward and market)

Considering most of boss gear is p2w artisan anyway, skipping the green step is perfectly viable, and in many factors smarter then most of us.

Playtime is more of a factor in your SP, and your life skills which do not get leveled easy. For all others, it's not about playtime as it is about luck, devotion, and follow through.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

Theres also the way i go which is pure grinding for money. But that goes by how long you can take grinding the same mob for months at a time. Really if you just started and just lv up the cheap gear then grind elrics/susan for money only for 2-5 hours a day. Each month you can pre-order tri-or tet boss gear each month after 2 months in. If you combine that with life skill (which i dont do) you can make shit tons of money...i dont life skill so i dont know how much or how long it will take. But thats mostly for people who invest time into the game.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0