• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PSA warrior in KR is now dead

137 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I use it for CC, zoning, immunity to frontal CC and so. It has much utility. And the same goes for almost every class expect Witch/Wizard.

I will show you how easy warrior is, because i am out of my hole, let's go.

Write me ingame junk.

Even witch/wiz can do some fancy stuff with their staff, especially when at range. The ranged AOE CCs are still really strong (chain lightning, residual lightning) and the freezes are nasty in small scale. I am not trying to say they're hard to play just that every class *can* make some use of their mainhand if they aren't potatoes and have the skill points. 

Shield charge, charhing thurst, forward slash are used in the same combo for mobility. 

Deep thurst is used to keep enemy away with the pushback. 

Piercing spear for ranged cc (with low chance from what i remember). 

And upper shield strike is used after grab in case it's missed, if i'm not wrong.

I know those skills. I know how they are used. All of these skills are usually used in 1 chain of skills usually (piercing spear, the mobility combo, grab, if it missed upper shield, if that misses deepthurst switch weapon and dash away), and then back to awakening weapon, block for SA overtime dash, and whatever combo u guys use in awakening. Am not a warrior expert, but ye...

My point was that you guys don't switch as much/as often as other classes. Not to mention that your chains are not that hard to execute once you get down those 2 animation cancels. And you can't really state otherwise. Warrior is definitely not one of the hardest class to play; and allows for a lot of mistakes to be made too.

It probably comes down to get used to executing your combos and animation cancels, but from my perspective, warrior's combos are definitely easier to execute than the combos of other classes: kuno, ninja, sorc, tamer, mehwa or even valk and giant.

It's funny triggering oneuproad tho`. 

Maehwa combos hard to execute? I guess it's a little bit so if you get into combos that spend a lot of time in blade for strictly 1v1s since they're unsafe but all the awakened combos are super easy. I wouldn't say any harder than warrior. 

Edited by Kutsuu

Posted

So tell me, for what else do you use your mainhand beside running, grab and ocasionally thowring a piercing spear or a scar of dusk? Pls....

Warrior is one of the classes that require least switching between weapons.

And no, i don't get pounded by those warriors. Now go back to your hole.

Am not a warrior expert, but ye...

You should duel oneup and he will show you exactly that skill ceiling he is talking about, it could even help you improve on your sorc since it seems you still have things to learn :) 

I don't think warrior is the most complex class in the game, especially not on entry level in awakening form, but it definately has a high skill cap level (just like sorc), because you actually will start to switch a lot if you continue to pursue the skill ceiling after the first learning curve phase, and then it plays very differently and requires way more than those warriors who are just lazy and stick to awakened form but also get worse results.

^Just like bad sorcerors who get away with being useful in the fight by just dropping black holes + cookie cutter skills and ignoring all the smaller important details that makes them the top 15% sorc crowd instead of the bottom 85% and therefore losing out on the sorc potential that otherwise would make those players so much better and relevant.

This is pretty much the case for most awakened classes, with very few exceptions where some sort of medium+ ground skill is a must to work efficient in pvp (and understanding your class role).

Sorc is not in that exception category imo, a sorc can be pretty bad and still get ok results overall just like a warrior due to how both their abilities are built from the ground up.

But you will get crushed against anyone with a brain if you don't utilize it better in both cases.

On the actual topic:

Yes there is a bug that messes up combos in awakening at the moment in KR.

It's not the small CD between swapping weapons, but rather a bug that makes your char "locked" into some weird posture for 1s after switching into awakening form, and screwing up combos completely afaik.

This is from right after the new patch ingame in KR:

i15627395388.png

I got it translated thanks to Goliath in the guild to:

"Hello, this is bdo the rpg.

All warriors are currently experiencing a bug, something about slow when switching between awakened weapon

Sorry for the inconvenience caused while we fix it."

From what I gathered with google translate on inven between all the doom and gloom with this bug and that warrior is bad blabla, I think they will fix it on next maintenance.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Shield charge, charhing thurst, forward slash are used in the same combo for mobility. 

And upper shield strike is used after grab in case it's missed, if i'm not wrong.

I know those skills. I know how they are used. All of these skills are usually used in 1 chain of skills usually (piercing spear, the mobility combo, grab, if it missed upper shield, if that misses deepthurst switch weapon and dash away), and then back to awakening weapon, block for SA overtime dash, and whatever combo u guys use in awakening. Am not a warrior expert, but ye...

My point was that you guys don't switch as much/as often as other classes. Not to mention that your chains are not that hard to execute once you get down those 2 animation cancels. And you can't really state otherwise. Warrior is definitely not one of the hardest class to play; and allows for a lot of mistakes to be made too.

It probably comes down to get used to executing your combos and animation cancels, but from my perspective, warrior's combos are definitely easier to execute than the combos of other classes: kuno, ninja, sorc, tamer, mehwa or even valk and giant.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/131931729?t=42m51s

warrior requires a lot more micromanagement than you think, i doubt you'd be able to replicate giken's movements if you played warrior or his APM or even have a chance against that matchup, only warrior ive seen getting even close to that is oneup and he'd probably farm you easily

also sorc combos are braindead easy to replicate lol, what's not so easy when it comes to playing sorc is the micromanagement part of cds, positioning and knowing how to deal with other classes' cds

Edited by BdoTemp1
1 person likes this

Posted

To be fair, he is carrying a cricket bat.

giphy.gif

Posted

Sadly i cannot be triggered by junk players. :( Things that you wrote just proves that you still have absolutely no idea.

Even witch/wiz can do some fancy stuff with their staff, especially when at range. The ranged AOE CCs are still really strong (chain lightning, residual lightning) and the freezes are nasty in small scale. I am not trying to say they're hard to play just that every class *can* make some use of their mainhand if they aren't potatoes and have the skill points. 

Never seen any, i guess for a good reason.

Posted

Sadly i cannot be triggered by junk players. :( Things that you wrote just proves that you still have absolutely no idea.

Never seen any, i guess for a good reason.

Most people who enjoy complexity have rerolled =P 

Posted (edited)

Maybe classes that actually require to swtich between weapons? :S

you realize your talking to a class that constantly switches back and fourth to pvp well right?

you talk about knowing how the skills are used, but you act like warriors never ever ever switch weapons back and fourth.

now im not saying a ok warrior cant do ok without switching weapons, but if you are comparing high level gameplay of warrior vs other classes, its not like many other classes are any significant margin harder to play than warrior (again with the stated exception being ninja because its well established that they are the hardest class to excel at.

i mean ffs actually play the class, practically everybody who ive talked to who has rerolled from something else to warrior, wizards, sorcs, rangers etc... they all say once they started playing warriors seriously they realized its alot more micro managing , timing, etc... than they expected, to the point that in some aspects its harder to play well (keep in mind im saying well, as in excelling at your class, not just being a derp and doing the simple shit with a ton of gear vs undergeared people) than other classes. for example at one point orca was on stream commenting on how much more complex warrior was than ranger.

Do you even play BDO ? Ninja easy ? Most other classes not exactly harder ?? (HELLO?)

all i can say to that is learn to read, i was saying the only class that seems to be obviously and significantly harder to play than warrior would be ninja.

Edited by Burhead

Posted

please tell me which class is so much harder to play than warrior, the only one that flies out at me is ninja, most other classes are just different play style not exactly harder.

lol I didn't even have to learn what other classes did when I played warrior. I play maewha and I had to actually learn the game. 

Posted (edited)

lol I didn't even have to learn what other classes did when I played warrior. I play maewha and I had to actually learn the game. 

Same here too...

When fighting against a bunch of plebs that is.. Haha.

Edited by YajStylez

Posted

Lets say this wasnt a bug. Ik now it is though. Coudln't you bypass it by just using double take down?

Posted

because you fought baddies when you played warrior? anybody with half a brain can hard counter and completely destroy a shitty warrior.

Posted (edited)

So I've made quite a few characters and leveled them to 58 and warrior has one of the lowest skill floors..,like it's really -----ing easy to pick up a warrior and go.  Their perma super armor and oneshot 100% give them enough tools that any turd can do okish playing the class

that being said warrior also has one of the highest skill ceilings, mastering the class is difficult as -----.  Constant switching back and forth for grab and movement, seen videos where people get all fancy and sneak in a ground roar for the debuff during their movement and swap combo or cc chain unawakened to swap to awakening for the big damage

tldr: warrior is super forgiving to shit tier players, especially if they have gear (lacari perfect example) but it's an incredibly difficult class to master

Edited by Reave711

Posted

Lol at people trying to act like warrior not op af and ez compared to other classes. 

2 people like this

Posted

Too many nerds playing as a warrior and fighting shitters. They automatically think the class is ez. Not saying the class is insanely hard, but try playing against top tier players. The constant switching that is needed to play the class isn't as simple as the casual warrior thinks it is. 

1 person likes this

Posted

So I've made quite a few characters and leveled them to 58 and warrior has one of the lowest skill floors..,like it's really -----ing easy to pick up a warrior and go.  Their perma super armor and oneshot 100% give them enough tools that any turd can do okish playing the class

that being said warrior also has one of the highest skill ceilings, mastering the class is difficult as -----.  Constant switching back and forth for grab and movement, seen videos where people get all fancy and sneak in a ground roar for the debuff during their movement and swap combo or cc chain unawakened to swap to awakening for the big damage

tldr: warrior is super forgiving to shit tier players, especially if they have gear (lacari perfect example) but it's an incredibly difficult class to master

honestly lacari isent exactly a bad warrior, a better example of good gear on a bad warrior would be blade. you can easilly tell the skill difference when watching them pvp.

the 100% doesnt 1 shot everybody, even at 220 ap with plenty of accuracy you wont always 1 shot people. great at finishing off people you already chunked a lil tho.

and its literally not perma super armor (atleast not with the offensive skills, plenty of gaps between them) only thing that potentially gives ''perma super armor'' is the block, but even with that your going to have to stop blocking to attack/turn/reposition etc...

but yeah warriors are one of those classes that are easier to pick up but harder to master. people just tend to look at the easy to pick up side and ignore the fact that a shitty warrior is still a shitty warrior. and pretend that just because a shitty warrior might have a easier time fighting a shitty <insert class name> than <insert class name> vs <insert class name> that it means that they are op.

2 people like this

Posted

you are such a forum hero

keep claiming you are a top sorc while constantly dodging peoples challenges to 1v1. I think everyone knows oneup would farm the shit out of you, yet you keep talking about triggering to protect your fragile ego

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

you are such a forum hero

keep claiming you are a top sorc while constantly dodging peoples challenges to 1v1. I think everyone knows oneup would farm the shit out of you, yet you keep talking about triggering to protect your fragile ego

LUL. Good one. Weak bait tho`. Never said that i'm the best sorc ;) 

And talking about my ego? You should go out with oneup. You'd make a cute gay couple. Both full of themselves.

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted

LUL. Good one. Weak bait tho`. Never said that i'm the best sorc ;) 

And talking about my ego? You should go out with oneup. You'd make a cute gay couple. Both full of themselves.

on more than one occasion i can remember you claiming to be a top sorc, that sorc is the hardest class to play, that warriors are super easy to play (while admitting to never touching one, or at the least never leveling one past like 50 i'd say)

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

on more than one occasion i can remember you claiming to be a top sorc, that sorc is the hardest class to play, that warriors are super easy to play (while admitting to never touching one, or at the least never leveling one past like 50 i'd say)

Good for you. I remember things too ;)

P.S: sorc is one of the hardest class to play. I am one of the top sorcs on eu :); even tho i'm about 40-50gs under most other top sorcs and that i play way less. I'm still keeping my opinion about warrior being one of the easiest classes to play. And i do have minimalistic epxeirence on warrior, but you don't need experience on a class to be able to formulate an opinion about how it plays as long as you actually ever pvped against said, because u actually need to know how x class works to be able to counter it proprely (that includes warrior too). 

That being said, when i'm talking about playing dificulty of some classes, i'm not refering to 1v1 and skillshowcase conventions where any player can make art out of his class; i'm talking about siege. But whatever; ain't no point in arguing with ppl that probably never tryed other classes :).

P.S: learn the difference between being in a top and being the best.

P.S2: I've seen streams from such top tier warriors in siege. Maybe they should watch said streams too, and count how often they switch their weapon.

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/131931729?t=42m51s 

nice dead warriors useless class no dmg kappa

I mean... He has literally no accuracy on a class that pretty much relys on it to do damage, if that DKs got any evasion, hes pretty dead.

Posted

Wait are sorcs a counter to warriors? Since i always hear that they are.

Posted

P.S: sorc is one of the hardest class to play. I am one of the top sorcs on eu :); even tho i'm about 40-50gs under most other top sorcs and that i play way less. I'm still keeping my opinion about warrior being one of the easiest classes to play. And i do have minimalistic epxeirence on warrior, but you don't need experience on a class to be able to formulate an opinion about how it plays as long as you actually ever pvped against said, because u actually need to know how x class works to be able to counter it proprely (that includes warrior too). 

That being said, when i'm talking about playing dificulty of some classes, i'm not refering to 1v1 and skillshowcase conventions where any player can make art out of his class; i'm talking about siege. But whatever; ain't no point in arguing with ppl that probably never tryed other classes :).

P.S2: I've seen streams from such top tier warriors in siege. Maybe they should watch said streams too, and count how often they switch their weapon.

you claim to be a top, yet refuse to 1v1 any of the people calling you out on backing up your talk, you have admittedly never really touched warrior but assume its an easy class to play but still claim sorc is one of the hardest classes to play. i know plenty of sorcs/previous sorc mains that will say otherwise.

Wait are sorcs a counter to warriors? Since i always hear that they are.

a shitty warrior can be countered by sorcs because they will burn their cd's meaninglessly and hit nothing due to iframes, or just hit the frontal block on some of their skills.

as far as high tier gameplay its more about just playing smart and not getting outplayed as much as class specific counters, atleast for warr vs sorc.

Posted

a shitty warrior can be countered by sorcs because they will burn their cd's meaninglessly and hit nothing due to iframes, or just hit the frontal block on some of their skills.

as far as high tier gameplay its more about just playing smart and not getting outplayed as much as class specific counters, atleast for warr vs sorc.

Okay, does it also help that sorcs spin ignores unit collision?

Posted

..sorc is on the very bottem of hard class to play really nothing to brag about.

Posted

..sorc is on the very bottem of hard class to play really nothing to brag about.

Only class i see on top of sorceress as dificulty of playing is ninja :) 

But hey, prove me wrong :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0