• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gahaz vs Pirates vs Sausans

32 posts in this topic

Posted

So I just recently came back to the game and have a quick question about grind spots. I am currently 56 with 58% and am tired of Sausans due to player density in Olvia. I can outfarm/kill anyone who tries to steal it from me but I only have so much Karma before going negative. So I figure I'd look up other spots with maybe less people. I have seen pirates suggested and Gahaz bandits, but posts from 4 months ago said it isn't worth it in comparison. So what I want to know, is there anywhere I can go to for grinding that is similar to Sausans for exp/money.

Posted

Pirates.

Posted

Pirates is comparable, however at the same time it is also well known and can be just as player dense/frustrating as Sausans, Bandits are comparable in exp if you can kill them quickly however the money is not worth it in comparison. Once you begin to venture into valencia during your earlier levels (56/57/58) you'll need to make the choice on what mobs you grind because some in valencia are decent money but lower exp while the higher exp mobs will sometimes yield less than adequate  money.

Posted

My issue with pirates is honestly the prep time required. I do not have a boat or any preparation for the area  so getting into it would at the moment be longer than I desire to spend this weekend at least. Should I just continue at Sausans and fend off the undesirables or go to another place?

Posted

What class? Gahaz comes pretty close in money to Pirates (probably without M2 trading though) if you are doing the canyon rotation with a lot of elites, but the XP won't be faster unless you have pretty serious clear speed (probably 200AP for most classes). 

Bashims is better XP than Gahaz with lower HP mobs, but the income is probably ~50% less. I see around 6-7m/hour here including scrolls. 

2 people like this

Posted

mmm for exp Gehaz is much better
for money I found pirates better
but I dont grind there too much because the
long trip everyday(nodewars almost everyday)

1 person likes this

Posted

G r i n d 

s

a

u

s

a

n

s

Posted

There's this whole region of the game that was made for 56+ characters. It's called Valencia, and there's good farming to be done in the form of Bashims, Centaurs, Basilisks, Gahaz, Cadry's, Desert Fogans, Desert Nagas, Desert Saunil, Lavas, and Pila Ku.

Posted

Bashim - the money's shit, good exp though, kinda popular dense, decent spot

Centaur - both money and exp are shit, also pretty hard to farm without good gear, bad spot

Gahaz - kinda far away from the civilization, harder to grind than Pirates and mobs are more scarce, bad spot

Cadry - those mobs hits extremely hard, if u play DK don't go here cuz they can kill her in a blink on an eye, decent spot though for other classes though

Desert Fogan - mobs here are comparable to sausan in terms of strength but the location of this spot is just atrocious, in the middle of desert far far away from civilization

Desert Naga - a popular place for PT farming for exp, but I would not recommend u to PT farm though cuz u get shit money and shit skill points

Crescent - one of the best spots in the game, if u could keep the area all for urself that is

Pika Ku - the de facto end game grinding spot, best exp, best money, u need A230(or A200 with accuracy gear) minimum with awk to farm here. Mobs here hit hard as F so u'll need at least full TRI boss gear with a few maids as well. Don't go here if ur DK without awk cuz u'll just get rekt even if u have god gear.

In reality, just go pirates lol. If u don't have the gear to farm in Pila Ku that is.

Posted (edited)

Gahaz - kinda far away from the civilization, harder to grind than Pirates and mobs are more scarce, bad spot

Crescent - one of the best spots in the game, if u could keep the area all for urself that is

Wait, gahaz is bad spot but crescent is one of the best? Gahaz is same/more exp (depends on spot), more money, close to city and no desert debuff.
With the rest I mostly agree, though you ignore the fact that there are villas for fogans and pila ku for example.

Edited by Alekos
1 person likes this

Posted

Wait, gahaz is bad spot but crescent is one of the best? Gahaz is same/more exp (depends on spot), more money, close to city and no desert debuff.With the rest I mostly agree, though you ignore the fact that there are villas for fogans and pila ku for example.

Cuz Crescent drops BiS gear where as Gahaz has nothing. Well if Gahaz has Orgre ring as drop then it would be one of the best spot in the game.

Posted

Centaur - both money and exp are shit, also pretty hard to farm without good gear, bad spot

u have no idea it seems

1 person likes this

Posted

Bashim - the money's shit, good exp though, kinda popular dense, decent spot

Cadry - those mobs hits extremely hard, if u play DK don't go here cuz they can kill her in a blink on an eye, decent spot though for other classes though

Desert Fogan - mobs here are comparable to sausan in terms of strength but the location of this spot is just atrocious, in the middle of desert far far away from civilization

Desert Naga - a popular place for PT farming for exp, but I would not recommend u to PT farm though cuz u get shit money and shit skill points

Pika Ku - the de facto end game grinding spot, best exp, best money, u need A230(or A200 with accuracy gear) minimum with awk to farm here. Mobs here hit hard as F so u'll need at least full TRI boss gear with a few maids as well. Don't go here if ur DK without awk cuz u'll just get rekt even if u have god gear.

In reality, just go pirates lol. If u don't have the gear to farm in Pila Ku that is.

xD The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Posted

u have no idea it seems

If I had the gear to get max efficiency at Centaur I'd go Pila Ku 100% no brain choice.

Posted

Okay so if you were a Ninja with 140/127/206, with a Wizard friend at 169/168/206, what would our best bet be? We are farming Sausans but if there is another option for same/more exp I'd love to hear a definitive answer. 

Posted

Okay so if you were a Ninja with 140/127/206, with a Wizard friend at 169/168/206, what would our best bet be? We are farming Sausans but if there is another option for same/more exp I'd love to hear a definitive answer. 

Ghazs, but be careful because if they knock you down they will drop you extremely fast

Posted

Stay in Media, don't even bother with Valencia until u have at least full TRI boss armor, it's just not worth ur time. With ur gear u won't even hit max efficiency in Sausan or Pirates anyways.

Posted

Best spot? best exp? best money? useless u are a wiztard there is no way that spot is best in anything. even with 220 ap accuracy off 2x rce trii that spot sucks for any class expect witchs wizards which agro x2 more mobs and can one shot the whole group pretty easly.

Posted

Best spot? best exp? best money? useless u are a wiztard there is no way that spot is best in anything. even with 220 ap accuracy off 2x rce trii that spot sucks for any class expect witchs wizards which agro x2 more mobs and can one shot the whole group pretty easly.

Cuz 220 AP is shit gear in KR and possibly JP. Most ppl that PVPs in KR has around 240-250AP and even that they probably won't reach max efficiency in Pila Ku because of accuracy issue. In order to get max efficiency in that place u need to be lv60 as well cuz the skills and accuracy issue. If ur 220 AP at lv59 yeah Pila Ku's not an ideal place that's for sure.

Posted (edited)

Gahaz is the best out of the 3 for this reason.

1.) There are 2 villas next to gahaz that loans out +10 AP and +10% Exp buff.  This is the best reason to grind gahaz.

2.) Theres a Town directly next to Gahaz so you can repair, sell items, fish, do 2 daily quests (1 gives 100k). It even has a storagekeeper on it.

3.) You only need 2 CP to connect the 2 nodes for Gahaz to Shakatu and invest on it for better drops.

4.) Gahaz drops seals that you can sell on any merchants.

5.) Gahaz Bandits are extremely squishy and hit like a fly.

6.) Gahaz Elites drops Seraph Necklace, frequently drops Pila Fe Scrolls, weapon/armor blackstones, and 1-2 rosar weapons.  Not to mention very easy to kill.

7.) Gahaz bandits drops lots of Rosar weapons which if you melt gives titanium crystal, Trace of Memory and Iron shards.

8.) Compared to Pirates/Sausan, there's not a lot of ppl farming here so less pking more exping.

9.) You can auto run your horse from Heidel to Shakatu.

10.) Its close to Cadry's, at higher levels you can farm cadry/gahaz elite before switching channels and double your chances of getting that seraph necklace, although Cadry's hit way harder than gahaz.  Also at higher levels you might wanna farm Cadry;s instead as they give better loot and they're more packed.  Watchout for the Gatekeeper.

11.) Your less likely to get into a guild war in Gahaz than in Sausan/Pirates which can be a terrible thing if your guild is not as geared and you get blamed for all the pk's in the future.

12.) If Kutum or Nouver spawns you can get to them easily.

Edited by LightningFFXIII-4
added more info
3 people like this

Posted

Gahaz and Cadry elites are such a ----ing pain in the ass that is the real reason ppl just stay away from there.

If u had enough gear to roll over those elites u probably should be farming in Pila Ku or maybe even in Akuman.

Just for reference my DK with 280 DP just got insta deleted by an elite at Cadry.

Posted

Gahaz and Cadry elites are such a ----ing pain in the ass that is the real reason ppl just stay away from there.

If u had enough gear to roll over those elites u probably should be farming in Pila Ku or maybe even in Akuman.

Just for reference my DK with 280 DP just got insta deleted by an elite at Cadry.

i can say DK  without awakening is weak

most classes with awakening can kill them easily with super armor and block

but sure it is difficult if u comparing it to grinding........

Posted

Gahaz/Cadry elites can be easily killed by side attacking them while running circles around them.  Literally all their attacks miss. It looks cheap but it gets the job done.

1 person likes this

Posted

Gahaz/Cadry elites can be easily killed by side attacking them while running circles around them.  Literally all their attacks miss. It looks cheap but it gets the job done.

In case u didn't know DK's side attack doesn't have an i-frame against mobs like ranger's awk side attack. I thought DK's side attacks had i-frame so I tried to do that against Cadry elite and got rekt. It works for some classes but not for all classes. Well awk ranger can kill those elites fairly easily with 200/260, witch wizard would probably breeze through them with far shittier gear.

Posted

Desert Fogans are not so horrible :  I share my informations without problems because i know that , at the end , no living soul will come at the end :D:D:D

just to be precise : they are off the world.. ok .. BUT there is a Villa with bonus xp that is good and not so far from them and you need very few CP (3) since it is near  Muiqum (even if you cannot enter there it is a valid town for node connection)

With a  camel (if i had an elephant it should be better) and 2 maids , you can stay there for a while.. but for repairing u need villa.. an horrible thing for me is that maids bring object to valencian which is a dead city (compared to an altinova)

XP is good (pirate? few less than pirate?) considering that at 57 are all reds (some more some less) but they are easy to kill [i had 180ap/200dp .. so nothing special]

density is pretty good

Money are shitty considering that , if u play few hours per day, u have to spend 5 mil a week only for the villa :  there is a daily that gives 500k a day (BUT u need to kill crescent) that helps but , by the way, you need time to make the spot a little profitable (regarding money, it is not for casual)

there are some minor problems : there are some different spots .. all clear usually .... BUT some good spots (for example the plateu) are bad design because they are in the middle of Titanium valley/crescent montain/great desert  ... so your rotation has to be thought well to not loose bonus

There is a wonderful aspects : you dont have to fight for finding a place to xp ... all the spots are often desert and in general there is no competition to xp