• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Need expert opinion on hardware choices for this game (CPU, GPU)

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Sorry to arise a topic from the dead with this one x_x, but I'm currently in the market to (finally) upgrade my rig.  One thing though, can't decide what to get based on these questions; which I hope any of you hardware + BDO experts can provide.

What is the best performance CPU to get for BDO?  I plan to snag a 1440p 120+hz monitor, and I do plan to overclock the CPU.  i5-6700k or i7-7700k?  Ryzen is not in the picture, since Intel will most likely beat it in gaming, performance wise.  Price is not an issue, I've saved a lot for this rig.  Tired of settling for "price-performace" parts and not seeing results I want.  I understand the game is highly CPU bound, but will getting an i7 really edge out and overclocked i5 with water cooling in this game that much?  I do video editing for fun, so it's no issue between i5 and i7 in that regard.  Just for running the game, but if the performance increase isn't that much between the two, I think I'll go for i5.

GTX 1070 or GTX 1080?  I am not going SLI Titan X's, haha...that's a bit much and it'll eat a lot of electricity, so single GPU it will be.  Between the two, is there much difference at 1440p?  Higher resolutions tend to require a stronger CPU, so GPU-wise, will a 1070 allow me to run the game smoothly (60+ fps open world, 40-50 in cities, 30-40 in GvG) at maximum, or near maximum settings?  Sorry to ask this, I'm sure many have.  Can't find a up to date opinion about this on Google, so figure I ask people that play this game today.  Thanks for your input.

P.S.- Yes, I do play other games.  BDO is probably the most intensive, though, besides BF1

Posted

The running theme seems to be, SSD.
That makes sense too. I have a very old machine, I5 2500 K and a GT 730 but I do run a new SSD in it and I have no issues with this game.

2 people like this

Posted

1080 if you're gonna buy a 1440p monitor, it will help with other games too... but at this point why not get a 1080 ti? 6700k and 7700k are basically the same price, go with the newer one (which is also slightly faster)

1 person likes this

Posted

Price is not an issue, I've saved a lot for this rig.  Tired of settling for "price-performace" parts and not seeing results I want.

Price is no issue? Why settle for a meager 4 core cpu when you can have https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4n24m8, guaranteed to run BDO smoothly for at least 5 months. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Sorry to arise a topic from the dead with this one x_x, but I'm currently in the market to (finally) upgrade my rig.  One thing though, can't decide what to get based on these questions; which I hope any of you hardware + BDO experts can provide.

What is the best performance CPU to get for BDO?  I plan to snag a 1440p 120+hz monitor, and I do plan to overclock the CPU.  i5-6700k or i7-7700k?  Ryzen is not in the picture, since Intel will most likely beat it in gaming, performance wise.  Price is not an issue, I've saved a lot for this rig.  Tired of settling for "price-performace" parts and not seeing results I want.  I understand the game is highly CPU bound, but will getting an i7 really edge out and overclocked i5 with water cooling in this game that much?  I do video editing for fun, so it's no issue between i5 and i7 in that regard.  Just for running the game, but if the performance increase isn't that much between the two, I think I'll go for i5.

GTX 1070 or GTX 1080?  I am not going SLI Titan X's, haha...that's a bit much and it'll eat a lot of electricity, so single GPU it will be.  Between the two, is there much difference at 1440p?  Higher resolutions tend to require a stronger CPU, so GPU-wise, will a 1070 allow me to run the game smoothly (60+ fps open world, 40-50 in cities, 30-40 in GvG) at maximum, or near maximum settings?  Sorry to ask this, I'm sure many have.  Can't find a up to date opinion about this on Google, so figure I ask people that play this game today.  Thanks for your input.

P.S.- Yes, I do play other games.  BDO is probably the most intensive, though, besides BF1

Well if price is not an issue go with 1080 TI

I7 cpu

32 GB OF RAM

SSD (must have) on M.2

On this RIG BDO will run on stady 60 FPS on open world on max resoulution + everything else on max except high end mode that doesnt do anything besedies eats your FPS.

In towns you will get around 40-50 depends on how many people are on screen at the time.

You will still get marketplace lag because thats a known bug in game client.

World bosses you will have to turn down others effects.

Node wars i can not comment since i am not participating because its a lag fest event.

EDIT: With this rig you can play anoter game on second monitor if you want or stream netflix/twitch because (in my case) fans on gtx are barely spinning and CPU is running on 30% at maximum.

Edited by Atron
2 people like this

Posted

the secret is SSD

Obviously on m.2 is a good thing but on sata it is not so bad

i have a i3770 with a 960 and 16 mb ram and i can play fluently at full hd (i optimized my pc for gaming) ... i have some litlle frame problem in some occasion .. but in general during PVE i have no issue

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

7600k completly fine if you only do not more that 2-3 task.. 1080 are require if you want to reach your monitor possibility.. SSD is a must-have. 16g ram is require.

Edited by Catastigma
1 person likes this

Posted

7600k completly fine if you only do not more that 2-3 task.. 1080 are require if you want to reach your monitor possibility.. SSD is a must-have. 16g ram is require.

If he's going to go 1080, just go full 1080ti. (✿◡‿◡)

1 person likes this

Posted

I cant stress this enough, it is a huge performance boost running it on a processor u can overclock. The 3,5ghz non-clockable suffer in large scale player content.

1 person likes this

Posted

actualy all 1080 TI in market is Founders Edition.  FE = Shit. if he can wait a good custom. why not for 200$ more.. lol

2 people like this

Posted

It is sad to say but... the textures and assets pop-in will still be an issue, regardless the hardware. 

Just saying this cause I myself expected "something different" when shifting from my old system (i7 2600K oced at 4.5, 8gb ram at 1866, Caviar Black 1tb 7200rpm, GTX 780ti 3gb) to the new and current one (i7 6700K oced at 4.6, 16 gb ram at 2400, Crucial MX300 SSD 750gb, R9 390 Nitro 8gb). The truth is: very little to no difference with this upgrade. Ironically, what most people consider to be a "must have", meaning the SSD....well for me was a huge disappointment...sure you get super-fast loading and characters' swapping timing and there's almost no stuttering at all when moving around....but the pop-in....cannot fully describe how it changed from the HDD....it is...faster ? A true mess...

So, my best advice is do not take BDO as reference for any hardware upgrade you are about to have on your system. Just go some 3d Mark or Unegine bechmark and compare reviews on CPUs and GPUs. Or even better, get the top of the line, as already suggested to the OP. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Just got my new rig a week ago. Specs:

I7 6800 @3400 (3800 turbo) - oc-ed to 4400

Mobo - msi x99a gaming pro carbon    

Gpu - gtx 1080 gainward gs glh (its oc-ed from factory and i do believe it has the highest oc from all the customs).          

Ssd - samsung 960 pro M.2 pci-e 16 500gb

Ram - 32 gb @3000  (2x 16 gb quad ch)          

Monitor - 27 inch @ 1440p with 140 refresh rate, g-sinc ready.                                                      

Coming from an old rig with a gtx 580 the game become a dream.        

What i get in game (maxed out except for high end mode):

Heidel -storage manager area - 40 fps

Grinding - around 70-80 fps (depending on the area can go under with ~ 10.)

Node war (last night with around 100 ppl on the screen) - 30 to 50 fps while assaulting their camp. (Can get a little stutter now and then especially at the begging of the fights when every1 is using their 100% bs rage)

I tried lowering the graphics to low and extra low but didnt see any fps increase in towns and in node war (im kinda baffled about this). (If any1 can provide some info about this, ill be much obliged)

P.S. There's no texture pop in anymore even when using drift and i.a. in towns. (I think thats mostly thanks to the m.2 ssd).

Didnt try many other games but as far as it goes:

Bf1 - ultra high - solid 60 fps (playing only multiplayer on dedicated servers that are capped on  60 fps)

Dark souls 3 - ultra high - solid 60 fps (again the game is capped at 60 fps due to iframes mechanics). Also this game is poorly optimized and ppl were/are complaining of fps drop spikes and stutter even with good rigs. Never happend to me on this rig even if hosting 5 players in texture heavy enviroments.

For honor - ultra high - between 100 and 139 fps in online pvp.

Borderlands 2 ( i know is older but still enjoing it now and then) - everything maxed out - 120 - 139 fps.

Edited by metaxa1331

Posted

a 1080 over a 1070 won't do the difference. An unlocked 6th-7th gen i5/i7 and any cpu liquid cooler/really good air cpu cooler + an SSD. 

I run my i5 6600k at 4.7ghz with an x62 kraken cooler, and i get up to a 10-15 fps boost (not everywhere but at best) compared to running it unclocked. (R9 390 8GB, 8GB DDR4 @ 3333MHz - Samsung 850 Evo SSD) 

Having a Good system will benefit you. BUT having a really good system won't make any difference worth the money AT ALL. 

i get 40-60 fps in the open world and 30-45ish in citites(settings on max - minus high end mode which is useless). My gameplay is smooth and flawless when im playing and need it to be (this being anywhere outside of towns - mind you i have not gotten to boss fights and mass pvp fights yet) - but the game runs smooth and nice when it Needs to. Towns do get a tad bit sluggish now and then but in most case i hardly notice the 15-25 fps drop. 

What im trying to say is. Spend your money wisely, not wasting it on the "best" of the best -for this game. I play the witcher 3 with 80+ fps stable, bf4 with 100+ (both at max).

Expect lag, like everyone, in those mass pvp zergs and boss fights. An fps drop in towns, not always noticeable. I spend most of my time outside of the towns and there the game runs perfectly. 

A friend of mine went from a GTX 770 to a 1080 and he still gets lagspikes from hell during mass pvp/boss fights. If you do upgrade to some serious hardware, do it for other games. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'd like all your comments if I could, I got stopped at 10 likes (the more you know!).  Anyway, yeah I do plan on getting an SSD, then move my games over to it and use my HDD for media storage.  Thanks for all your comments, this helps a LOT :)

1080 if you're gonna buy a 1440p monitor, it will help with other games too... but at this point why not get a 1080 ti? 6700k and 7700k are basically the same price, go with the newer one (which is also slightly faster)

1080ti founders edition doesn't really appeal to me for some reason.  I'm going with the GTX 1080 with the built in water cooler just because I think it's cool + the cooler will help when I oc it, if I even have to :)https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M4FMZYI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_10?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER 

Price is no issue? Why settle for a meager 4 core cpu when you can have https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4n24m8, guaranteed to run BDO smoothly for at least 5 months. 

Price is no issue, but my arm and leg are LOL thanks for your reply.  I am going to overclock the i7-7700k

But the water cooler though https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M4FMZYI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_10?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I cant stress this enough, it is a huge performance boost running it on a processor u can overclock. The 3,5ghz non-clockable suffer in large scale player content.

will oc

It is sad to say but... the textures and assets pop-in will still be an issue, regardless the hardware. 

Just saying this cause I myself expected "something different" when shifting from my old system (i7 2600K oced at 4.5, 8gb ram at 1866, Caviar Black 1tb 7200rpm, GTX 780ti 3gb) to the new and current one (i7 6700K oced at 4.6, 16 gb ram at 2400, Crucial MX300 SSD 750gb, R9 390 Nitro 8gb). The truth is: very little to no difference with this upgrade. Ironically, what most people consider to be a "must have", meaning the SSD....well for me was a huge disappointment...sure you get super-fast loading and characters' swapping timing and there's almost no stuttering at all when moving around....but the pop-in....cannot fully describe how it changed from the HDD....it is...faster ? A true mess...

So, my best advice is do not take BDO as reference for any hardware upgrade you are about to have on your system. Just go some 3d Mark or Unegine bechmark and compare reviews on CPUs and GPUs. Or even better, get the top of the line, as already suggested to the OP. 

I've been doing a lot of that over the past few months...really want this new rig to truly be a masterpiece.  SSD will primarily only be relied on for faster loading times

Just got my new rig a week ago. Specs:

I7 6800 @3400 (3800 turbo) - oc-ed to 4400

Mobo - msi x99a gaming pro carbon    

Gpu - gtx 1080 gainward gs glh (its oc-ed from factory and i do believe it has the highest oc from all the customs).          

Ssd - samsung 960 pro M.2 pci-e 16 500gb

Ram - 32 gb @3000  (2x 16 gb quad ch)          

Monitor - 27 inch @ 1440p with 140 refresh rate, g-sinc ready.                                                      

Coming from an old rig with a gtx 580 the game become a dream.        

What i get in game (maxed out except for high end mode):

Heidel -storage manager area - 40 fps

Grinding - around 70-80 fps (depending on the area can go under with ~ 10.)

Node war (last night with around 100 ppl on the screen) - 30 to 50 fps while assaulting their camp. (Can get a little stutter now and then especially at the begging of the fights when every1 is using their 100% bs rage)

I tried lowering the graphics to low and extra low but didnt see any fps increase in towns and in node war (im kinda baffled about this). (If any1 can provide some info about this, ill be much obliged)

P.S. There's no texture pop in anymore even when using drift and i.a. in towns. (I think thats mostly thanks to the m.2 ssd).

Didnt try many other games but as far as it goes:

Bf1 - ultra high - solid 60 fps (playing only multiplayer on dedicated servers that are capped on  60 fps)

Dark souls 3 - ultra high - solid 60 fps (again the game is capped at 60 fps due to iframes mechanics). Also this game is poorly optimized and ppl were/are complaining of fps drop spikes and stutter even with good rigs. Never happend to me on this rig even if hosting 5 players in texture heavy enviroments.

For honor - ultra high - between 100 and 139 fps in online pvp.

Borderlands 2 ( i know is older but still enjoing it now and then) - everything maxed out - 120 - 139 fps.

Those seem to be acceptable frames on maximum settings, minus high end.  40 at Heidel storage?  That, to me, sounds unreal, since currently, I get 10-15 fps, on low medium textures there.  Also not fun when being engaged during node wars and the Valk charging me suddenly freezes the whole screen for about 2 seconds, and when the frames start going again, I'm dead-- absolutely nothing I can do.  And this happens a lot, which is why I've been avoiding one of the best (to me) parts of BDO.

a 1080 over a 1070 won't do the difference. An unlocked 6th-7th gen i5/i7 and any cpu liquid cooler/really good air cpu cooler + an SSD. 

I run my i5 6600k at 4.7ghz with an x62 kraken cooler, and i get up to a 10-15 fps boost (not everywhere but at best) compared to running it unclocked. (R9 390 8GB, 8GB DDR4 @ 3333MHz - Samsung 850 Evo SSD) 

Having a Good system will benefit you. BUT having a really good system won't make any difference worth the money AT ALL. 

i get 40-60 fps in the open world and 30-45ish in citites(settings on max - minus high end mode which is useless). My gameplay is smooth and flawless when im playing and need it to be (this being anywhere outside of towns - mind you i have not gotten to boss fights and mass pvp fights yet) - but the game runs smooth and nice when it Needs to. Towns do get a tad bit sluggish now and then but in most case i hardly notice the 15-25 fps drop. 

What im trying to say is. Spend your money wisely, not wasting it on the "best" of the best -for this game. I play the witcher 3 with 80+ fps stable, bf4 with 100+ (both at max).

Expect lag, like everyone, in those mass pvp zergs and boss fights. An fps drop in towns, not always noticeable. I spend most of my time outside of the towns and there the game runs perfectly. 

A friend of mine went from a GTX 770 to a 1080 and he still gets lagspikes from hell during mass pvp/boss fights. If you do upgrade to some serious hardware, do it for other games. 

Only reason I'd go for best of the best is because I've always bought hardware with the "price-performance" mindset, and then being continuously being let down because of having to turn down graphics settings.  Gaming is my favorite pastime, besides my family and basketball.  I'm done skimping out and selling myself short of a truly immersive, engrossing, and surreal experience.  One lesson I learned while building my own rigs---- go big or go home--- unless it's a rig for someone else.

Edited by PeaceInChaos
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

SSD should be listed in the game's own REQUIRED specifications to be considered "playable"

There's hardly any difference in FPS & stuttering between a well-OC'd i5  & a really expensive i7

That's b/c the game still has 32bit dependencies & was never Multithreaded properly to max out 8 cores at once.

All your'e really getting out of an i7 is a somewhat larger CPU Cache.

GPU meanwhile doesn't make any difference in clusterf**** areas/fights with too many other Dynamic Entities/particles

Edited by iller
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Whatever you do, overclock the CPU. That will be your biggest performance jump. I wouldn't bother with the i7 unless you have other needs than gaming where you can use the hyperthreading - BDO will use 4 cores but doesn't seem to care about hyperthreading at all. I actually see it hitting all 6 cores on my 6850K, albiet only 25-30% per core, but I can't tell a diff with HT turned on and off. 

GPU I don't think you'll see much benefit going over a 1070 for 1440p. My 780 Ti runs it great on 1080. 

edit: I have a 6850K @ 4.4ghz and a GTX 780 Ti OC'd to about 1080mhz. I get ~35FPS at heidel storage and 30-40ish in node wars/world boss scenarios. Sits at 60 at all times during normal open world and small scale stuff. Very smooth though, don't see any major frame drops that make the game stutter. 

Edited by Kutsuu
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

There's hardly any difference in FPS & stuttering between a well-OC'd i5  & a really expensive i7

That's b/c the game still has 32bit dependencies & was never Multithreaded properly to max out 8 cores at once.

All your'e really getting out of an i7 is a somewhat larger CPU Cache.

Totally understand, this issue was the one I've thought of a lot.  So being that there's no big difference, in terms of running BDO, would you say that an i7 would be better in the long run?  For future games and software applications?  i5 doesn't have hyperthreading, and if the overall benefits of an i7 are considerable, for, like, video editing, music production, graphic design, and games, then I'd go for that.  Price difference is only $100, and if that $100 could mean a few more years of relevancy, then it could be worth it.  Do you think it's worth it?  I do editing (video, graphics, and music) for fun.  As of right now, my OC'd FX-6300 runs those programs fine.

Whatever you do, overclock the CPU. That will be your biggest performance jump. I wouldn't bother with the i7 unless you have other needs than gaming where you can use the hyperthreading - BDO will use 4 cores but doesn't seem to care about hyperthreading at all. I actually see it hitting all 6 cores on my 6850K, albiet only 25-30% per core, but I can't tell a diff with HT turned on and off. 

GPU I don't think you'll see much benefit going over a 1070 for 1440p. My 780 Ti runs it great on 1080. 

Do you think a GTX 1080 will benefit me in other games at 1440p resolution?

Edited by PeaceInChaos

Posted

Totally understand, this issue was the one I've thought of a lot.  So being that there's no big difference, in terms of running BDO, would you say that an i7 would be better in the long run?  For future games and software applications?  i5 doesn't have hyperthreading, and if the overall benefits of an i7 are considerable, for, like, video editing, music production, graphic design, and games, then I'd go for that.  Price difference is only $100, and if that $100 could mean a few more years of relevancy, then it could be worth it.  Do you think it's worth it?  I do editing (video, graphics, and music) for fun.  As of right now, my OC'd FX-6300 runs those programs fine.

You'll get a pretty big performance bump on things that can use all the threads - editing is one of them. You can probably find TONS of tests online with a google search. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

would you say that an i7 would be better in the long run?  For future games

ABSOLUTELY it will ... assuming you don't plan on upgrading again in the next 4 years during which point we're FINALLY starting to see more game engines (and DirectX |or| "Vulkan" also) being catered to Multirthreading.   ...Unreal Engine4 is already being optimized for it and more and more and more games are being built on it b/c the Dev Tools are way more intuitive than almost any other engine out there (like Cry/Frostbite)  and runs so much better than Unity   (UE4's only weakpoint still is netcoding & a few Strand/Fur dynamics but other studios are already seeing triple A level development of their own Mods in that area too)

Edited by iller
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You'll get a pretty big performance bump on things that can use all the threads - editing is one of them. You can probably find TONS of tests online with a google search. 

Awesome :) thanks for the advice!!!  Kind of leaning towards the i7-7700k since $100 more doesn't seem like such a bad deal.  I mean, I do have a job lol :P

Edited by PeaceInChaos

Posted

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wkVXpb is what I would actually recommend mostly because I plan to upgrade my current rig to that

The monitor I suggested because G-sync but can be changed to save money, I custom watercool so 1080ti > 1080 hybrid imo but if BDO is your only worry that's an unnecessary debate (I play at 1440p on a 4k monitor and notice no major differences between my 1080ti, 980ti and 780ti)

1 person likes this

Posted

The monitor I suggested because G-sync but can be changed to save money, I custom watercool so 1080ti > 1080 hybrid imo but if BDO is your only worry that's an unnecessary debate (I play at 1440p on a 4k monitor and notice no major differences between my 1080ti, 980ti and 780ti)

Yeah my thinking too even though I personally wouldn't get a 1080 in light the ti now. Also g-sync will change your life.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you want some information ...

I play with :

1440P @144Hz , I7 6700K OC 4,5GHz, 32Gb DDR4 RAM, GTX 1070, and BDO is the only file on one of my SSD,

Run with 90-100fps All the Time, Boss fight 40-50fps, Heidel 40-60 fps,

I was with a i5 6600k before (OC 4,2GHz), and i was at 60-70 fps all the Time, Boss fight 20-25fps, heidel 30-35fps 

So take a i7 and SSD , 1070 is enought ;)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Probably going with this setup: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2PVxCy.  1080ti isn't very relevant to me since I will be gaming in 1440p for now.  Hybrid 1080 is very appealing to me for some reason...must be the great built-in cooling solution with the awesome exhaust fan and water block :) should be good for another 5 years or more, so Hybrid 1080 most likely.  Unless the prices of 1080ti's and 4k 100+hz monitors drop that significantly, I will be gaming in 1440p.

Will BDO utilize 32gb of RAM at all?  I'm under the old school impression that 16gb of RAM is plenty.  If 16gb RAM is no different than 32gb of RAM, performance-wise, then I could opt to get 16, since it will suit my gaming, and recreational editing, needs.  Could always add more RAM later too, so if 32gb isn't utilized in-game, then doesn't really make sense to buy that much ram.  In my parts list, I added 3200mhz RAM, so speed-wise, it should be plenty (could go for 3000, or maybe 2600, but the prices are so close, might as well get the 3200mhz.  I can downclock the RAM if absolutely needed).  I left out the case, PSU, fans and HDD as I will be moving those over from my current build ($100 Cooler Master Full tower, 800w PSU).

Thoughts?

Oh, and I'm going with the Auros MoBo, strictly for its awesome built-in sound chip.  I don't care about RGB that much, so the lightshow is just a pretty bonus, which is why I'm saving a few bucks and opting out of the RGB Trident RAM sticks.  Too much light show gives me a headache lol.  Does anyone have any info regarding this particular motherboard, like how well it OC's?  Any and all would be highly appreciated.  Thank you awesome people.

Edited by PeaceInChaos

Posted

BDO likes to not use your available ram, that said there have been multiple reports, (through forums and guild friends) that when giving your system more RAM BDO will decide to use more ram before using the pagefile.