• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Sorc or Tamer

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have narrowed down my re-roll to between these two. Pros and Cons of either would be appreciated. I don't really care for large scale pvp, just 3v3 or smaller. Also ease of grinding would be great(coming from ranger...). Thanks for any input!

Additionally I mainly play with my friend, a beserker, so any small scale synergy would be nice, as well as which one has a better match up against him when dueling against.

Edited by grnganon

Posted

Sorc is an absolutely top tier grinder. Very good overall in PVP with some L2P. If you watch the KR 3v3 tournament you'll see almost all teams have at least 1 sorc for good reason. 

Tamer is slower in PVE, but not tremendously so since you can gather 16 mobs at a time. Very good in 1v1 and small scale. Strong combos with a lot of protection and a grab, very slippery and hard to catch if you want to pot up. 

Anyone will be disadvantaged against a Zerker, but I'll let some Sorcs/Tamers chime in about how they do against them in duels. I would guess that both have plenty of outplay potential since both can iframe grab attempts and tamers can probably 1-combo them. 

Posted

As a ninja, I would rather fight a sorc, then a geared tamer.

Heilang is a -----. 

Posted

I don't know a tonne about how the match ups work against zerker ( played awakenings but don't have pvp worthy gear) but the two seem to work like this.

Sorc

Pros

Several situational nuke abilities, which can only be used with specific windows of power (shards, 100%, siege buff etc).

Some ranged damage/openers

Decent sustained combo damage

Can circumvent enemy defenses by porting behind them or kiting through them.

Cons

Can be run dry of resources quickly with constant pressure.

Major abilities are tied to shard usage.

100% is tied to block

Tamer

Pros

Incredibly fast movement (especially with siege buff) making them great at resetting fights or initiating

Very powerful sustained combo damage

AoE stunlock ability

Can maintain 100% crit chance for one minute with buffs.

Heilang can give out random lifesaving cc.

Able to use heilang to jump from great heights with no penalty

Has a grab

Cons

Less variance in combat tactics

No ranged openers (higher risk engage)

No innate defense stats

As far as working with a zerker, the sorc probably has better synergy since the zerker can cc the enemies so the sorc can burst 'em.

The tamer would also benefit from having a zerker partner ccing enemies but there is less defined synergy.