• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bosses giving you some guaranteed decent loot if you do enough damage

35 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Story time: I had just finished grinding for 6 hours and wanted to go to bed. Tree spirit spawned. Oh boy maybe after i killed him 200 times i will finally get that last boss piece that i am missing. Well shit 6 am, almost no players on my channel. Whatever we can take this ----- down with 5 people. Fast forward 30 minutes later we managed to kill tree with roughly 7 people. Guess what i got! 1g gold bars, blackstones and hunter seals.... I am a level 60 maewha with 231 ap. Hitting a boss for 30 minutes, most likely putting out top damage only to get absolute jackshit as loot is such a slap in the face. Do i want guaranteed boss loot for high damage dealers? No ofc not, that would be stupid. But i think there should be a system that gives players who did a lot of damage guaranteed "good loot" such as awakening boxes or 10g gold bars so their effort does not feel wasted. Otherwise i really don't see any point doing bosses on my main considering i am risking crystals aswell. Because that dark knight who joined in half way through the fight def did a lot less damage than me, yet he walked away with an awakening box and a liverto box :) It's just stupid, bosses should force you to give your all but right now literally everyone uses alts because they have no downside. If everyone does that, bosses will take forever since no one does any -----ing damage...

EDIT: I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT RARE BOSS GEAR DROPS LIKE TREE ARMOR IN THIS CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST WANT SOME GUARANTEED DECENT MONEY DROPS FOR INVESTED TIME LIKE A LIVERTO BOX OR 10G GOLD BARS!!!!!

Edited by Angwar
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

No...  there's more than enough "the Rich just get Richer" mechanics as it is.   ...if 230 AP isn't enough WINNING for you already, then nothing ever will be.

Should there be some other Metrics besides just RNG? .... Do I get just as pissed when I'm the first person to attack Kzarka and then don't even get a LatentAura afterwards?  SURE.  But find another "earning" metric besides Raw DPS plz  (like Streakbreaker code for example)

Edited by iller
4 people like this

Posted

No...  there's more than enough "the Rich just get Richer" mechanics as it is.   ...if 230 AP isn't enough WINNING for you already, then nothing ever will be.

Should there be some other Metrics besides just RNG? .... Do I get just as pissed when I'm the first person to attack Kzarka and then don't even get a LatentAura afterwards?  SURE.  But find another metric besides Raw DPS plz

There is more catch up mechanics for new players for sure. Olvia servers, extra attendance rewards etc. Long time players should be rewarded for their investment aswell. I am not saying you should not be able to get loot if you don't do dmg. I just want some consistency except for the rare boss drop. And i did find another metric besides raw dps. And that's the time spent on the boss. You can't say that hitting a boss with 7 people for 30 minutes and getting absolute jackshit for loot is fair. 

Posted

Indeed, boss drops have it's entirely own set of problems but... lets now throw top end loot at people cause they managed to find a boss noone else was doing and they managed to solo/few people do it.

Posted

Indeed, boss drops have it's entirely own set of problems but... lets now throw top end loot at people cause they managed to find a boss noone else was doing and they managed to solo/few people do it.

I AM NOT SAYING TOP TIER DROPS LIKE BOSS ITEMS!!! I am talking only about some decent money like a few 10g gold bars or a liverto box. Because 500.000 worth of drops for half an hour just feels sooo dishearting. 

Posted

bosses shouldnt exist in the first place

retarded gamble place that teaches people the wrong values and life lessons 

1 person likes this

Posted

I AM NOT SAYING TOP TIER DROPS LIKE BOSS ITEMS!!! I am talking only about some decent money like a few 10g gold bars or a liverto box. Because 500.000 worth of drops for half an hour just feels sooo dishearting. 

/shrug

You're the one who opted to do a world (sorry, field) boss with 5-7 people, you really should know by the time you're able to do this what the actual loot is going to be like.

Posted

/shrug

You're the one who opted to do a world (sorry, field) boss with 5-7 people, you really should know by the time you're able to do this what the actual loot is going to be like.

Aaaand that means i should be okay with that? What kinda argument is that supposed to be? :D By the time i am 18 i also know that the USA has a basically non existent healthcare system but that doesn't mean i should be okay with that. 

Posted

Aaaand that means i should be okay with that? What kinda argument is that supposed to be? :D By the time i am 18 i also know that the USA has a basically non existent healthcare system but that doesn't mean i should be okay with that. 

I'm not saying "be okay with it". I'm saying that some sort of proportional damage done based system for loot causes a whole buncha issues not only ingame but also for the communities built around boss hunting.

Boss loot does need some fixing, but making it more profitable cause you happened to be alone (or discouraged others) from doing bosses isn't going to help though.

The world boss auras, for example, were a step in the right direction.

Posted

I've noticed that when the boss takes too long to kill the loot always sucks. I almost always get 10g bars (190AP wizard) when it dies reasonably fast and I am there near start, but when I kill it with a few people and it takes forever it's 1g bars at best. 

Posted

I've noticed that when the boss takes too long to kill the loot always sucks. I almost always get 10g bars (190AP wizard) when it dies reasonably fast and I am there near start, but when I kill it with a few people and it takes forever it's 1g bars at best. 

How many bosses have you actually done where "it takes forever" though? ;)

Posted

Wizards and witches generally get the 10G bars, were built for pve

Posted (edited)

I did the same thing on karanda on my valkyrie, walked away with a dandy. I personally didn't expect a drop, i think i was hoping for an aura at least then bam!

36a72b09e1b3c9ed58bad884bee9ada2_nba-spa

Expect less, do it for the heck of it, hop on a few trains and you will get IT sooner or later (probably when you least expect it).

Edited by Beeso
did i also say "play valkyrie"....mmhhmmm
1 person likes this

Posted

When i started going for boss, as a new player, i had 139 awak AP and i still got some liverto's, awakenings, a few 10G, crystals... with a so low AP!

Now that my ap is increased a lillte bit (i am a casual player) i get more and more drops (probably because i am learning boss attack pattterns and i can deal more damages).

So really, boss drops are fine for me

Posted

no boss but 230ap lol I believe that!

Posted

Main problem is the loot seems to be distributed by class.

If you are wizard, witch or ranger - you have good loot
If you are melee - you have crap loot

2 people like this

Posted

I remember back in the day grinding rednose (when he was still relevant) with 150apish for 3 hours... and got a whole 2 hunter seals.

While I disagree with the idea of amount of high dmg=guaranteed loot, there should be some sort of mechanic that takes into consideration the time spent actually dealing dmg to the boss (even if its low) so that people who are there the entire time/ people who grind bosses off time have a chance against 230ap ranged classes who show up at 10% and get loot boxes.

Posted

I remember back in the day grinding rednose (when he was still relevant) with 150apish for 3 hours... and got a whole 2 hunter seals.

While I disagree with the idea of amount of high dmg=guaranteed loot, there should be some sort of mechanic that takes into consideration the time spent actually dealing dmg to the boss (even if its low) so that people who are there the entire time/ people who grind bosses off time have a chance against 230ap ranged classes who show up at 10% and get loot boxes.

when I was 180ap, I went to red nose and hit him literally once, got a red nose armor. 

Posted

when I was 180ap, I went to red nose and hit him literally once, got a red nose armor. 

thats rng for ya ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted

Almost same lol. Only time I got a boss piece(since release of the game) was back when I had crap AP and got to Dim Tree last second. Poked it twice before dead and yay, got Dim Tree armor :o

Meanwhile now, I have almost 240 AP, attacking bosses from start to end and still get Hunter Seal + gold bar, like a lot.

I don't think dps matters that awfully much in terms of loot, unless it's Kzarka primetime and 100+ players on boss. Than you need to be in the top dps group, just to be qualified for a loot table spot. Sure you might still get loot with mediocre dps, but than it's rng and not guaranteed.

Posted

Story time: I had just finished grinding for 6 hours and wanted to go to bed. Tree spirit spawned. Oh boy maybe after i killed him 200 times i will finally get that last boss piece that i am missing. Well shit 6 am, almost no players on my channel. Whatever we can take this ----- down with 5 people. Fast forward 30 minutes later we managed to kill tree with roughly 7 people. Guess what i got! 1g gold bars, blackstones and hunter seals.... I am a level 60 maewha with 231 ap. Hitting a boss for 30 minutes, most likely putting out top damage only to get absolute jackshit as loot is such a slap in the face. Do i want guaranteed boss loot for high damage dealers? No ofc not, that would be stupid. But i think there should be a system that gives players who did a lot of damage guaranteed "good loot" such as awakening boxes or 10g gold bars so their effort does not feel wasted. Otherwise i really don't see any point doing bosses on my main considering i am risking crystals aswell. Because that dark knight who joined in half way through the fight def did a lot less damage than me, yet he walked away with an awakening box and a liverto box :) It's just stupid, bosses should force you to give your all but right now literally everyone uses alts because they have no downside. If everyone does that, bosses will take forever since no one does any -----ing damage...

it was 1 month ago or maybe 2 i dont know but i got kzarka box with doing only 3 skills. How ppl say rng is rng, this excuse everything xD 

Posted

it was 1 month ago or maybe 2 i dont know but i got kzarka box with doing only 3 skills. How ppl say rng is rng, this excuse everything xD 

There are 2 pools for loot distribution now. With 7 players, if the OP simply hit the boss 1 time then stood there he would have had a better chance at loot.

Posted

I think world/field bosses are like elites now - you get better loot if they die quickly.

Posted

You didnt have enough accuracy, did Nouver with 2 Duo Witch nothing at 10 nouvers, did nouver with 2 Duo Red Coral Earrings and in 10 Nouver i got 10g Goldbars and Auras

just my 2c

Posted

Make each boss drop a guaranteed aura, lower the requirement down to 50, and then make the item character bound and keep the one time only restriction. This would fix bosses instantly. Prove me wrong (you can't).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0