• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sorc pvp combos and cc chains

15 posts in this topic

Posted

hey guys, new player rerolled from warrior, and was looking at YouTube for good pvp guide on sorc, how to animation cancel and combos but didn't find a good one, do any of you have a good guide or can make one for me pls. Thank.

Posted

I just refilled to sorc too and I have to say the sorc discord is pretty great...spent like 2hours practicing combos on training dummies and I'm still terrible lol

Posted

Do like everyone and reroll a dk/witchard

Posted

You should have stayed warrior if you want to do cc chains. Sorc CC combos are practically non-existant. They need to be initiated with a stiff/stun which was possible prewakening but since every other awakening has superarmor/block + cc on every ability and there is zero protection on midnight stinger it is too risky to try and use it offensively. Signs of agony is also impossible to land on anyone playing decently so it's not possible to do a combo in a real scenario against a skilled player.

All you do on sorc is try to float/bound/KD your target and then follow up with violation down attacks into turnback slash or grim reaper's judgement down attacks and hope it does enough damage to kill them.

The most seen damage combo is Violation -> turn back slash -> dead hunt for 1v1 and violation -> double charged grim reaper's judgement in group fights.
You can find a combo video here: (but like I said, most of these are initiated with midnight stinger which is not practical at all).

Sorc could really use some Quality of Life buffs like superarmor on midnight stinger to make the class a lot more enjoyable and make them more up to par with every other awakened class that seems to get superarmor on every single thing. Look at DK's Spirit Hunt for example, it's practically the same ability but it has superarmor, more range, more damage, bigger hitbox, it's ridiculous how outdated sorc is.

They're doing some changes to CC on test channels in Korea that allow people to chain bound/bounce/knockdown etc again like it used to be at the beginning of the game in korea and russia (afaik we never had that CC system in our regions, maybe in beta weekend 1? I didnt play during CBT1) which seems to look hopeful for sorc's future but as of now I find sorc very mediocre and i'd advise you to keep playing warrior if you want to have more fun in both duels, small- and large scale pvp.

Posted (edited)

They're doing some changes to CC on test channels in Korea that allow people to chain bound/bounce/knockdown etc again like it used to be at the beginning of the game in korea and russia (afaik we never had that CC system in our regions, maybe in beta weekend 1? I didnt play during CBT1) which seems to look hopeful for sorc's future but as of now I find sorc very mediocre and i'd advise you to keep playing warrior if you want to have more fun in both duels, small- and large scale pvp.

From what i know, that's NOT what they are doing in korea on the test channels. It's quite the opposite; after 2 CCs of the same type you can;t be CCed anymore for a certain time. On top of that they added guard/block while you are knocked down. This basically kills sorceress, as we have just 1 type of CC that actually works, which is knock down; and it's our only source of damage, since we can't exactly deal aoe dmg like wizard/witch DK, and need to relay on those knockdowns to deal proper dmg (which doesn't work anymore because of the knock down guard which can aborb a charged grj easly).

And yes, we never had the old CC system; around which the sorceress class was designed. 

Sorceress is outdated. They never bothered to bring it on par with the other classes mechanics wise, and just left us with raw dmg which even got nerfed several times because of the accuracy nerfs.

I agree that sorc needs some quality life changes. SA on midnight, some accuracy modifiers on some skills (hello violation with negative accuracy lul), an the ability to use our iframe without changing weapon (would help a lot!). Not to mention the multitude of bugged skills or skills that are basically impossible to use in any situation in how the currect game is because they are ancient, back from alpha 1 korea, when the combat was MUCH slower. 

It probably won't happen tho` :P. Hence the koreans are/were crying on inven the past week that sorceress is a dead class and that Striker will replace it (similar combat to how sorc was pre-cc changes, but probably much better designed to be able to compete with the already OP classes).

----------------

As for combos that deal dmg, i feel that we are 1 pony-trick class. Land a knockdown with whatever it may be, TBS cancel followed by violation/deadhunt; sometimes by GRJ (not often due to grabs...). 

The skillful part of the sorceress class is avoiding CC, managing resources, landing that cc, getting closer to the enemy in time and not messing your weapon switches / animation cancels.

The most funny part is how we don't even have SA while casting out 100% like most other classes (getting CCed while casting it in siege 50% of the time); or how some of the skills that have SA don't have it on the full duration of the skill.

Edited by Chun-Chun
1 person likes this

Posted

Well put. I'm praying they make a class balance pass, for sorc especially, when they introduce the new PvP/CC mechanics they are currently testing. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a large scale PvP mechanics change. Kind of has to be since the current system (potions/sustain/etc) would not work with the reduction to kill potential they're planning.

Posted

KR_Rowlan is probably the best Sorc in the world, he is the definition of OP, he loses to absolutely nothing. Just proves no matter what people say about Sorcs... if the skill is there it doesn't matter. Seems like its only the noob sorcs that are complaining on these forums...

Posted (edited)

KR_Rowlan is probably the best Sorc in the world, he is the definition of OP, he loses to absolutely nothing. Just proves no matter what people say about Sorcs... if the skill is there it doesn't matter. Seems like its only the noob sorcs that are complaining on these forums...

Rowlan does loose, Happens a bit on his streams, clearly some forum noobs should pay more attenchion.
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/profile/159300-bloodshed9/
Faker, prob a unskilled warrior or DK or wizard

Edited by prymortal

Posted

Rowlan does loose, Happens a bit on his streams, clearly some forum noobs should pay more attenchion.
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/profile/159300-bloodshed9/
Faker, prob a unskilled warrior or DK or wizard

You are lying.

Obviously everyone dies once in a while, no one has never not died. but in 1 on 1s, no one in this world of BDO players have ever bested him, beating him majority of the time... It has NEVER happened.

Out of the hundreds of videos and thousands of hours of gameplay of him on the internet lol, please, link me 1. Just 1. Where someone is actually owning him over and over again? It doesn't exist

Every person relevant in this game knows Rowlan and his capability...... maybe you havent been playing long i guess

Posted (edited)

He is not tho`. Not even in top 10 xD

Best sorc in korea is CSN. And yes, he loses too, 5 or 6 out of 10 fights against dk/wizard/witch/giant/warrior at the same skill level. Problem is that this game is not about 1v1.

P.S: Who would upload videos of himself getting shrekt in pvp? lol.

P.S2: I've been playing since Alpha korea; longer than rowlan :)

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted (edited)

He is not tho`. Not even in top 10 xD

Best sorc in korea is CSN. And yes, he loses too, 5 or 6 out of 10 fights against dk/wizard/witch/giant/warrior at the same skill level. Problem is that this game is not about 1v1.

Rowlan > CSN

Everyone knows this man

Youre following fake news

P.S: Who would upload videos of himself getting shrekt in pvp? lol.

P.S2: I've been playing since Alpha korea; longer than rowlan :)

I didnt mention Rowlans POV, clearly youre right in that respect. But many hours of pro's playing Rowlan.... in other points of views players gameplay.... Rowlan is always coming out on top. Always

Point is.... anyone who says Sorc needs buffs or theyre "mediocre" in this game...

Clearly dont know what they are talking about. Thanks to players like Rowlan, and CSN

Edited by bloodshed9

Posted

How can I kill a warrior or valkyrie? I canT go behind the block. lvl 60 sorc. 212-263

Posted

Rowlan > CSN

Everyone knows this man

I didnt mention Rowlans POV, clearly youre right in that respect. But many hours of pro's playing Rowlan.... in other points of views players gameplay.... Rowlan is always coming out on top. Always

Point is.... anyone who says Sorc needs buffs or theyre "mediocre" in this game...

Clearly dont know what they are talking about. Thanks to players like Rowlan, and CSN

There's always 1 guy spouting bs about how some sorc never lose yes 1v1 sorc is god even vs all these other classes I find it no issue even when fighting all these bullshit constant super armor classes *cough -----ing wizard witch warrior musa maewha* problem is BDO ain't a 1v1 so u talking about that is worthless and stupid every good sorc even rowlan himself knows sorc in true gvg siege node combat is outdated and underpowered with worthless skills that as cool as they look (blade of darkness) are pointless to use cos how janky it is to even setup to get any actual use of it, stop spewing you're garbage cos you don't know anything bud

Posted

Rowlan > CSN

Everyone knows this man

He did say how much he wish midnight stinger can get a super armor or even a frontal block and he thinks sorc right now is about rank 6 in pvp (in his opinion) on his stream like a week ago. No offense. I am a big fan of rowlan too.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0