• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Just some RBF

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

How about post your own RBF experience.

Edited by Lenerlink
4 people like this

Posted

Nice I love watching Tamer PVP.

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont really get why people say tamer is weak. Tamer can delete anyone not even with full combo, has nice saves, nice skillcap and very fun to play. I never even think to reroll tamer, shit is fun af

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont really get why people say tamer is weak. Tamer can delete anyone not even with full combo, has nice saves, nice skillcap and very fun to play. I never even think to reroll tamer, shit is fun af

Tamers very fun to play but after dying mid iframe anim/ getting one shot by a witch for the umpteenth time it starts to get old.

1 person likes this

Posted

TFW you get three people in a void bomb. Nice to see I'm not the only person that randomly does a jump instead of lbp :P

I noticed you used upward claw?

Posted

...we would be way too op if we had full iframe during our entire animation with all of our SA, cancels, bursts, short cooldowns, and cc. IMO WW is fine as it is not to op but still annoying for others to deal with. 

I will say i do find heilang annoying when im trying to sneak up on someone in rbf or node wars...can see him coming a mile away and once you killed enough of the enemies they will consider you a target to look out for...making the assassination part kinda hard where theres a 6 foot giant red dog behind you.

In all honesty tamer is good as it is "right now" with some tweaks to making void 5 sec cooldown, instead no cooldown on heilang partical thunderbolt or full cooldown like in KR. And increase the "attack command" range to 2-3 times its range and shorten its cooldown to 5 secs.

Posted (edited)

It's nice to see tamer video.

But you miss core mechanics here. For a lvl 61 your gameplay must be improved.

Your switchs and escapes are slow, not enough super armor rotations, you rely too much on shortsword imo. 

I never see you use mobility to go behind to back attack after cc for exemple.

Edited by momhomard

Posted

It's nice to see tamer video.

But you miss core mechanics here. For a lvl 61 your gameplay must be improved.

Your switchs and escapes are slow, not enough super armor rotations, you rely too much on shortsword imo. 

I never see you use mobility to go behind to back attack after cc for exemple.

ty for the commit

i took commits from the first video and improved on gameplay. Which i dont think my escapes or switches are slow especially from staff to short sword just i like to use C for the guard effect so i dont waste moves to switch out allowing other options to me available if needed. Its also a good bait as the guard effect seems to linger allowing other moves to be used.

I always like the shortsword style over the staff which is why i implement that more than my staff when fighting, its just preference and style of play.

And the reason i dont take the time to go behind opponets too often is because 1.Time: i dont have much time to take down someone when theres 3-5 other people around trying to get behind me. 2 Position: i like to position myself not for maximum damage but for ease of escape, cant kill someone if your dead.

To me its not that i miss core mechanics but i rather learn different styles/ and combos.

But i do wonder what you mean by  not enough super armor rotations?

TFW you get three people in a void bomb. Nice to see I'm not the only person that randomly does a jump instead of lbp :P

I noticed you used upward claw?

Ya jumping instead of lbp usualy happens to me when im trying to escape fast and i dont press shift down all the way.

o.O i dont remember doing an upward claw in this video..the plan was to use it during the void with 4 people for heilang to do air damage with void as well but i ran out of time and use trample instead.

Posted (edited)

You can do multiple kinds of super armor rotations with vermillion bird,lbp, leaves droping, gust, and moonlight strike, it allows you to run around your targets for a while to find a safe opening.

In theory this is great and as you know, on the field you have the desync who often fu*ks the process by getting cc in the midle of one of these supposed super armor or even invincible frames, or having a rollback into a stun.You'll also get tons of damages if used in wizz/witch aoe or in 4+ guys aoe(actually you'll die)

But when mastered you can do really great things with that, back attack engages, burning enemy cooldowns and SA. 

That's what I mean.

Let's say some things about the first video I will never do^^ Take not that super serious, I know sometime in the action you can do something you didn't want.

2:38 grab someone who isn't cc :   For me it means suicide due to the grab issues, desync and no superarmor.

3:13 helping (or trying to ks :D) by focusing an easy target on the ground : you did something like moonlight strike into vermillion bird, I prefer moonlight strike into full moon into echo pierce for the insane down attack bonus

4:47 lbp into moonlight strike into vermillion bird into bolt/jolt: huge risk of getting cc, imo allround spinner would have been a good choice, but at first, after moonlight strike I would have used leaves dropping to get behind into Garuda or vermillion or even allround spinner. That's in this kind of situation I think going behind is fast and a good idea, this wizz would have been static cause he just used his teleport. Due to the quality of the record, I can't say if he got cc by your mate so this argue could be wrong.

I won't continue because It's already too long xD but I just wanted to share my opinion. Don't think I'm saying you are bad because I just talk about what could be better. You're doing nice and better than 90% of the tamer, but I think some things can be improved.

Something important for me btw: I don't think you have to be perfect, but this is the % of error you do that makes you good or bad, the less error you do the better you are. 

It means if you think something works and is good, don't do something else 50% of the time, try to be constant :p.

Idk about NA but in EU, you can find 2-3 tamer doing 600-800 points easily everytime in rbf. I'm not one of them anymore so you can criticize me but that's what I used to do in january lvl 60 205 AP 283DP(+20 accuracy gear) more gear than today actually. I would have done videos if I didn't run 5 fps in optimization mode upscale in rbf xD.

A switch I like and approved when you're ww in shortsword: ...ww ww lbp (cancel depending on where you want to go) echo pierce (cancel) leaves droping into moonlight strike on your target.

As you said you don't want to use your important cooldowns but imo this kind of switchs, and there are more, makes you strong in many situations :P

Edited by momhomard
1 person likes this

Posted

Oh the first video yes i got the same feeback in the commit section and i improved on it alot. I do analogue i didnt use alot of super armor and relied on WW for everything. 

Posted

Oh ok then, I didn't really want to talk about the second video since it's an edited one.It means you don't really show your worst fails and your constancy :D

Posted

Well theres more videos on my channel if you want to commit on those too.

Posted (edited)

I'll check but I prefer to know what are your feelings about the class :P

I love playing the tamer, I love her potential of 1v multiple targets and awaesome 1v1.

But I'm so mad at others classes doing the same pressing 2 keys. Ranger dash dash grab os, so so so skilled. Triple grab from zerk, block block block grab 100% os from war you know. Shit desync Iframes. And the wtf 0 knockdown of our class allow everyone to v our combo while we are 100% dead when other classes do their combo.

Edited by momhomard

Posted (edited)

I prefer to know what are your feelings about the class :P

I love playing the tamer, I love her potential of 1v multiple targets and awaesome 1v1.

But I'm so mad at tohers classes doing the same pressing 2 keys. Ranger dash dash grab os, so so so skilled. Triple grab from zerk, block block block grab 100% os from war you know. Shit desync Iframes. And the wtf 0 knockdown of our class allow everyone to v our combo while we are 100% dead when other classes do their combo.

I dont mind our inflames since its not too op and doesn't use an insane amount of stamina being repeated. And tbh its good we dont have a knock down because if we had both to use freely with our ability to do high burst damage with lockdown...it would be a little op given float and knockdown dont interfere with each other which is how you can get 'knockdown' twice in a row when mutiple people are attacking you.

Edited by Lenerlink

Posted

How large is your Stam pool? I fought you before in RBF (TheJade), you WW for days I'm like wtf? My stam pool goes away hella fast. lol
My tamer probably over weight or somthin. xD

Posted (edited)

How large is your Stam pool? I fought you before in RBF (TheJade), you WW for days I'm like wtf? My stam pool goes away hella fast. lol
My tamer probably over weight or somthin. xD

honestly it depends on workflow. I hardly use stamina sticking to staff mode and just spam the heck out of shift to sprint around. It's way effective on chases.

The thing with short sword is, it's good for party tactics such as to defend, CC or bait, but if you need to chase or aggressively attack, staff is safe and reliable.

As we now know acc modifiers are static, such that if it says 25% it means your will not miss until it's 74 and under. Staff brings to the table those incredible burst damages if you have the AP and some skills to back it up. Such as a back attack opening.

And you just can't achieve that unless your constantly in staff mode. So most tamers literally switch roles when they swap weapons instead of trying to mix them.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

honestly it depends on workflow. I hardly use stamina sticking to staff mode and just spam the heck out of shift to sprint around. It's way effective on chases.

The thing with short sword is, it's good for party tactics such as to defend, CC or bait, but if you need to chase or aggressively attack, staff is safe and reliable.

As we now know acc modifiers are static, such that if it says 25% it means your will not miss until it's 74 and under. Staff brings to the table those incredible burst damages if you have the AP and some skills to back it up. Such as a back attack opening.

And you just can't achieve that unless your constantly in staff mode. So most tamers literally switch roles when they swap weapons instead of trying to mix them.

You don't think that flowing between the two styles is fluid enough?  Sorry, maybe I'm misunderstanding.  I only recently got less terrible at this class, even though I've been playing it forever.

Posted (edited)

You don't think that flowing between the two styles is fluid enough?  Sorry, maybe I'm misunderstanding.  I only recently got less terrible at this class, even though I've been playing it forever.

In theory, a tamer should be mixing sword and staff seamlessly on demand. In reality it's incredibly hard, since a split second decision can cost you.

In example in an RBF scenerio.

You are see a group in a stale mate, it's downright dangerous to get in there, so you quickly switch to sword mode, get just close enough for heilang attack, and spam roar cancel heilang into their middle. If anyone of them even looks at you during this, you are going to get Hit and CCed, unless you take evasive action or even double down on the attack

...except, you're not in staff mode for that maximum defensive and offensive effect. While you should be able do it, most likely your fingers fumble, or your timings fumble, or something else.

Same with staff mode, while you are fighting, you suddenly want to switch to sword for void, or roar, or WW- sprint-LMB movement, but the conscious decision(mostly in response time) to do that will make a lot of fumbles, that will cost you.

Sure it's possible, but high skill level require to make such a conscious reaction is rare. So we end up just splitting ourselves into 2 modes, that will make less fumbles.

sword mode : CC-void bot-WW bait movement max speed

staff mode: defensive, offensive battle mode.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

sword mode : CC-void bot-WW bait movement max speed

staff mode: defensive, offensive battle mode.

Okay, I see now.  I agree that swapping into everything needed on demand can be very difficult, and taxing even when done right.

Just the other day I was going for Cloud Stomping to escape a bad situation, saw the Stretch Kick throw instead and just nodded as I got blown up. ^^

Finger fumbling is something you can work out, I think.  Combat awareness has to be learned the hard way. :D

Posted

Posted

If this is how a 61 tamer plays I never want to be one

1 person likes this

Posted

Tamers should be uniting not infighting, comrades.

Posted

Yeah...Its annoying when you jump off a pebble and she puts her wep away just to get screwed when your thinking she still has it on.

Posted

Yeah...Its annoying when you jump off a pebble and she puts her wep away just to get screwed when your thinking she still has it on.

Annoying yes, but it's a play-around issue.  lately my fingers have been putting me in short sword when i want to cloud ride away from a bad situation.  >.>

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0