• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ninja nerf on cooking cp?

86 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've noticed a small drop in the number of cp scraps coming from cooking while a few of my guild mates have as well. We all do allot of cooking.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this? It wasn't in the patch notes so I'm skeptical given the small change.

Edited by Ranger_Danger

Posted

You know as higher you get as longer it takes to get 1 Point...?

Posted

I believe he's referring to the items that drop while cooking, and that they dont drop as frequently, not how many CP points they give on turn in.

I haven't noticed but I'll pay attention next time I AFK cook.

Posted

Or it is the same Troll Attempt as this one:

Posted

Neither were troll posts, and yes I was talking about 'Dish with Poorly Prepared Ingredients'

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/9709/

Check scrap distribution in this video, then try to reproduce the numbers.

If someone has an old cooking video with higher scraps, it would be easier to see.

Posted

I can confirm this is a real thing

Posted

Last time I cooked a batch of beers I only got 10 of these CP dishes, yet I got 30-40 of each of the other type.  I just put it down to RNG but will keep an eye on in future cookings

Posted

It's all RNG. Twice a week I do batches of 600 cooks of beer. Usually I get about 120ish for each batch of 600 cooks. Last week I wound up with 90ish each time, while a couple of the other byproducts saw an increase. This week I wound up with 120ish each time again, and a couple of the other byproducts were down. Sometimes you get luckier than others, sometimes you don't.

Posted

First of all, this game is very much P2W and yes the cooking items have been nerfed.

Stop calling everyone you disagree with a troll and try to have a proper conversation next time

5 people like this

Posted

First of all, this game is very much P2W and yes the cooking items have been nerfed.

Stop calling everyone you disagree with a troll and try to have a proper conversation next time

LoL Year, go play some real P2W games first before telling BDO is "very much" P2W. *ROFL*

1 person likes this

Posted

It's all RNG. Twice a week I do batches of 600 cooks of beer. Usually I get about 120ish for each batch of 600 cooks. Last week I wound up with 90ish each time, while a couple of the other byproducts saw an increase. This week I wound up with 120ish each time again, and a couple of the other byproducts were down. Sometimes you get luckier than others, sometimes you don't.

This though I am seeing another pattern as well. People who speed cook see less in the ratio. I don't speed cook. Whatever the stove gives is what I use as it's pure AFK. Combined with things I have observed in shards and gathering I am starting to speculate, are we being put on stealth cool downs. So in cooking if you get one, you won't get one for another 30 seconds lets say. Make 1 beer, make 5, you will get the same number of secondary items. Just a theory.

Posted (edited)

Not a venue for p2w arguements

Edited by Ranger_Danger
3 people like this

Posted

Explain please. Which games do you see being more pay to win then this game?

This game sells power directly from the cash shop in almost every direction, while not giving players a method to acquire the pearl currency in game.

Example, liverto... 40pearl artisan memory + 9m liverto or 4 days loyalty artisan memory = 40 dura

9m + 40 cents/ 4 days waiting for 8 chances.

The equivalent in memory frags, its 15m.

But how much durability recovery do you need getting to tri? tet? never going pent with a liverto... lolz

then look at zarka. 40 cents turns 750,000 into 2,250,000. 

Just food for thought and I'm not even going into ellion tears back when bosses were hard... spending a buck that gave you back an hour of grinding, maybe more and let you dps the boss more...

Seriously.....?

Games that sell +30 Bossgear wile any not paying Player would stuck at +20.

Heal Potions that heal instand and contains 1.000.000 HP that you only can buy with $$.

And thats just the Tip of the Iceberg of what "real P2W games" offer.

But as you already told BDO is "the most P2W Game ever" out there..... Troll confirmed.

Posted

Seriously.....?

Heal Potions that heal instand and contains 1.000.000 HP that you only can buy with $$.

But as you already told BDO is "the most P2W Game ever" out there..... Troll confirmed.

examples

Posted

Seriously.....?

why ks everyone that doesnt have a carnon copy of your opinions a troll?

Posted

examples

Unable to use Google...?

Well im not impressed.....

why ks everyone that doesnt have a carnon copy of your opinions a troll?

Because telling BDO is "the most P2W Game ever" is nothing more then blatant Trolling.

Posted

Unable to use Google...?

your the one who said it was so, but can't give an example from where u make that opinion from?

yah...

1 person likes this

Posted

Unable to use Google...?

Because telling BDO is "the most P2W Game ever" is nothing more then blatant Trolling.

and how is the op post a troll?

Posted

your the one who said it was so, but can't give an example from where u make that opinion from?

yah...

Where is your Example of BDO being "the most P2W Game ever" .....?

Posted (edited)

Explain please. Which games do you see being more pay to win then this game?

This game sells power directly from the cash shop in almost every direction, while not giving players a method to acquire the pearl currency in game.

Example, liverto... 40pearl artisan memory + 9m liverto or 4 days loyalty artisan memory = 40 dura

9m + 40 cents/ 4 days waiting for 8 chances.

The equivalent in memory frags, its 15m.

But how much durability recovery do you need getting to tri? tet? never going pent with a liverto... lolz

then look at zarka. 40 cents turns 750,000 into 2,250,000. 

Just food for thought and I'm not even going into ellion tears back when bosses were hard... spending a buck that gave you back an hour of grinding, maybe more and let you dps the boss more...

I'm not going to attempt to get into some kind of P2W discussion. As I thought you started this thread asking if the cooking byproduct that gives CP was nerfed. Not really seeing the relation to a P2W discussion.

However, you did asked if it was nerfed and I gave you an example of how I haven't seen a nerf. Every 3 days, I'll run a batch of 600 cooks of beer. On average I wind up with 1600 beers from 600 cooks, and of the 5 byproducts you receive from cooking, I usually get 120 of each byproduct. Sometimes the CP byproduct is lower than average, but then that usually results in one of the other byproducts being higher than average. Inversely, sometimes the CP byproduct is higher than average, and one or more of the others is lower. But if you add the totals of all 5 byproducts together, you'll find that the average total of all of them is pretty consistent. Most cooks at higher levels don't bother monitoring the Cooking XP byproduct, because by Prof 5+, it's so inconsequential that nobody really cares about it anymore. But if you do monitor all 5 byproducts, you'll find that the law of averages balances out.

When you cook, you're not guaranteed a specific byproduct every time. The law of averages are more reliable when comparing all five total. Individually, the law of averages still works, but statistically speaking, individual byproducts can sway noticeable from time to time.

Just because one week you see less CP byproduct doesn't mean that it was nerfed. It just means that you weren't lucky enough to get what you particularly wanted.

I could occasionally also see 140 CP byproducts from my normal batch size. But just like I won't scream "Nerf!" when I get 90, nor will I scream "Buff!" when I get better than average.

Sometimes it takes a concentrated effort to avoid confirmation bias. I'm willing to bet that when you saw less CP byproduct, you neglected to notice that you got more milk, silver, or xp byproducts. Simply because you have less interest in those byproducts.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

I'm not going to attempt to get into some kind of P2W discussion. As I thought you started this thread asking if the cooking byproduct that gives CP was nerfed. Not really seeing the relation to a P2W discussion.

However, you did asked if it was nerfed and I gave you an example of how I haven't seen a nerf. Every 3 days, I'll run a batch of 600 cooks of beer. On average I wind up with 1600 beers from 600 cooks, and of the 5 byproducts you receive from cooking, I usually get 120 of each byproduct. Sometimes the CP byproduct is lower than average, but then that usually results in one of the other byproducts being higher than average. Inversely, sometimes the CP byproduct is higher than average, and one or more of the others is lower. But if you add the totals of all 5 byproducts together, you'll find that the average total of all of them is pretty consistent. Most cooks at higher levels don't bother monitoring the Cooking XP byproduct, because by Prof 5+, it's so inconsequential that nobody really cares about it anymore. But if you do monitor all 5 byproducts, you'll find that the law of averages balances out.

When you cook, you're not guaranteed a specific byproduct every time. The law of averages are more reliable when comparing all five total. Individually, the law of averages still works, but statistically speaking, individual byproducts can sway noticeable from time to time.

Just because one week you see less CP byproduct doesn't mean that it was nerged. It just means that you weren't lucky enough to get what you particularly wanted.

I could occasionally also see 140 CP byproducts from my normal batch size. But just like I won't scream "Nerf!" when I get 90, nor will I scream "Buff!" when I get better than average.

Though 600 is quite low to draw conclusions from, I appreciate the input. And yes, the total byproducts hasn't changed it seems, just shifted away from cp mats. 

and sorry for mentioning p2w, that's not what I wanted... just got annoyed when someone says something and can't back it up

Where is your Example of BDO being "the most P2W Game ever" .....?

oh please, just say a game so we can compare

Posted

oh please, just say a game so we can compare

So im your Hand-held Daddy....... oh well.... lets see.....

Posted (edited)

Though 600 is quite low to draw conclusions from, I appreciate the input. And yes, the total byproducts hasn't changed it seems, just shifted away from cp mats. 

and sorry for mentioning p2w, that's not what I wanted... just got annoyed when someone says something and can't back it up

I dunno that I'd call 600 low. Keep in mind that I'm talking about 600 cook cycles. That's 2/3rd's of an Advanced Cooking Utensil. And I do that twice a week (usually every 3 days) which is 1200 cook cycles. Even still, 600 cycles is a large enough sample size to recognize and monitor the law of averages. It's a large enough sample size to recognize that I average a 20% return on the CP byproduct (as well 20% on each of the other byproducts). So basically 1 out of 5 cooks gives me one CP byproduct. At the low end (when I see 90) it dips to 15%, and at the high end (when I get 140) that's 23%. While my average isn't smack dab in the middle, it's pretty close. Altogether though, all 5 of the byproducts together averages out to 100% chance of getting 1 byproduct per cook. Sure, sometimes you get zero on one cook, but the next you'll get multiple. So it all balances out.

And I know I'm doing particularly well, when at the end of the batch, I'm still getting the "Boom" notifications for products received for a minute or two after the cook cycle ends.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

I dunno that I'd call 600 low. Keep in mind that I'm talking about 600 cook cycles. That's 2/3rd's of an Advanced Cooking Utensil. And I do that twice a week (usually every 3 days) which is 1200 cook cycles. Even still, 600 cycles is a large enough sample size to recognize and monitor the law of averages. It's a large enough sample size to recognize that I average a 20% return on the CP byproduct (as well 20% on each of the other byproducts). So basically 1 out of 5 cooks gives me one CP byproduct. At the low end (when I see 90) it dips to 15%, and at the high end (when I get 140) that's 23%. While my average isn't smack dab in the middle, it's pretty close. Altogether though, all 5 of the byproducts together averages out to 100% chance of getting 1 byproduct per cook. Sure, sometimes you get zero on one cook, but the next you'll get multiple. So it all balances out.

I do in the range of 1800 a day, and my friends do far more. 9 normal grain nodes, 9 large farms, 1 special grain node... Its allot of beer and other things.

I'm barely keeping up with the farming rocks and logs for adv. cookware to cook it all.

So im your Hand-held Daddy....... oh well.... lets see.....

tick tock... How come you don't already have in mind one ready to use?

Isn't the fact that your using google atm disprove your authenticity at this point?

like, research comes before the conclusion... no?

Posted

I do in the range of 1800 a day, and my friends do far more. 9 normal grain nodes, 9 large farms, 1 special grain node... Its allot of beer and other things.

I'm barely keeping up with the farming rocks and logs for adv. cookware to cook it all.

tick tock... How come you don't already have in mind one ready to use?

Isn't the fact that your using google atm disprove your authenticity at this point?

like, research comes before the conclusion... no?

Hey, you are the one NOT using Google and tell "BDO most p2w MMO ever".