• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Please remove Xigncode3 from the game.

100 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

These anti-cheat programs have caused massive issues for games in the past. Third party anticheat software is just bad for business. Take notes from Blizzard they don't use this stuff.

GameGuard had issues with AION and was removed.

HackShield had issues with ArcheAge (lawsuits were threatened due to it being a rootkit) and was removed. https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2hyt4e/an_open_letter_to_trion_worlds_and_the_archeage/

Edited by Knowledge
14 people like this

Posted

Same issue with Blade and soul's useless 3rd party crapola.

None of these security measures are ever setup right for a launch... even if it is a closed beta.

Posted

Same issue with Blade and soul's useless 3rd party crapola.

None of these security measures are ever setup right for a launch... even if it is a closed beta.

As I've said, there's a reason Blizzard doesn't use something like this. It's junk.

Posted

Yeah it really is time for third-party cheat protection to die. Hackers figure out a way to bypass it and thrive anyways. Meanwhile the consumer who legit plays the game suffers.

Posted (edited)

As I've said, there's a reason Blizzard doesn't use something like this. It's junk.

While I agree that 3rd party anti cheating software almost always does more harm than good and should probably just go away... Blizzard actually does run it's own proprietary anti-cheating and hacking software that acts in a similar way to GameGuard and the like. It's called "Warden". It is built in to pretty much every single Blizzard game and the only reason most people don't even know it exists is because it's built in to the game client and runs completely invisibly.

Edited by Rivea

Posted

Agreed delete this crap, it only blocks regular players with bs incompatibility issues and does nothing to stop a sensible hacker.

Posted

Agreed delete this crap, it only blocks regular players with bs incompatibility issues and does nothing to stop a sensible hacker.

I dont think any "game guard" will stop an "actual" hacker :/

But it will help to reduce .. "baby" hacker

Back to the topic : No clue, i have no problem with any game guard so far :/ 

And again .. if you guy think they should remove this game guard .. at least recommend something else so they can "actually" look at it and consider [if they actually reading these posts]

Right now it's like ... yelling for fun without any good recommendation for them to improve the game 

1 person likes this

Posted

isnt wow the most hacked video game of all time ?
no ? oh okay.
lols you'Re funny.

Posted

isnt wow the most hacked video game of all time ?no ? oh okay.
lols you'Re funny.

In terms of ratio of legitimate players to cheaters? Almost certainly not.

In terms of raw numbers of cheaters? Maybe. But that would only be because it's playerbase is so massive; like 5 times more players than it's nearest competitor.

Posted

Removal is STRONGLY advised.

I as a interested customer had an extremely bad experience due to this, because I cant experience ANYTHING.

Game crashes immediately with some shitty error, doesnt tell what is the problem.

You already shunned me away, I'm not gonna spend hours to fix your game for you by being  a superuser.

And lets be honest here> You can't catch the good guys with this anyway, just depend on a good community who will report cheating and botting, have good admins and ways to tell if someone abused the game.

Cheers and goodbye you idiots.

1 person likes this

Posted

What kind of issues is it causing you guys?

I've yet to have any issues from the thing.

5 people like this

Posted

What kind of issues is it causing you guys?

I've yet to have any issues from the thing.

Well, for one thing it won't let you play with Bitdefender unless you turn off Active Threat Control. I pay for good virus protection because I care about keeping my system safe, but I have to disable it in order to play this? None of these GameGuard or HackShield type of programs ever work, anyway - supposedly any script kiddie can bypass it.

Posted

dont remove it ...
if you do ... we will have NCD and NSD ppl at the 2nd day of removal ...
(no skill delay, no cool down) ...
ppl will start doing world bosses with little groups etc ... the game would die ...

1 person likes this

Posted

Stop crying.

1 person likes this

Posted

AND LIKE THAT, GAME GUARD CAME TO THE RESCUE

(Aaaaaand crashed the game soon after.)

Posted (edited)

Blade and Soul just removed Gameguard in one of their first updates btw.

Edited by Teno1

Posted

Well, for one thing it won't let you play with Bitdefender unless you turn off Active Threat Control. I pay for good virus protection because I care about keeping my system safe, but I have to disable it in order to play this? None of these GameGuard or HackShield type of programs ever work, anyway - supposedly any script kiddie can bypass it.

I see, so it's just a conflict between security programs.

I'd be annoyed too if I had to disable mine.

Posted

I must agree though. I hate turning off my antivirus for this game, or any other game. I should not have to make my computer vulnerable to a virus to play. My husband refuses to even play it in beta for this reason.

1 person likes this

Posted

I must agree though. I hate turning off my antivirus for this game, or any other game. I should not have to make my computer vulnerable to a virus to play. My husband refuses to even play it in beta for this reason.

Since I work from my computer at home, I have an AV managed by the company, and I can't even turn it off. I have to literally uninstall and reinstall the Antivirus when I start playing and finish. It's annoying, to say the least.

Posted

Stop crying.

You stop crying. 

Posted

To be fair... GameGuard is a great barrier against all hackers and cheaters.... until you pick up that barrier and move it to the side of the road.

Seriously though, Xigncode3 (or whatever) hasnt bothered me one bit.

Posted

The ironic thing is, one of the companies that I thought may be potentially making a bot for the game isn't due to xigncode3, which does make bots for like all blizzard games,

"All but the RU client come with Xigncode enabled (including the heartbeat). This is one tough thing to get around. frown.png

All clients require a driver from our end, and to top it all off, it is packed and obfuscated with Themida/WinLicense.

I did a lot of research on BDO, but it is currently on the back burner for now. We have no immediate plans to make a bot for the game right now."

1 person likes this

Posted

My argument is that if people are going to run bots they are going to do it with or without these programs. I've seen a large number of people in ArcheAge circumvent Hackshield reliably making it pointless.

That said, I don't know enough about Xigncode3 to know if it's a good/bad mitigator to these types of things but anything requiring us to turn our security software off and make our entire PC vulnerable is bad news bears.

Posted (edited)

My argument is that if people are going to run bots they are going to do it with or without these programs. I've seen a large number of people in ArcheAge circumvent Hackshield reliably making it pointless.

That said, I don't know enough about Xigncode3 to know if it's a good/bad mitigator to these types of things but anything requiring us to turn our security software off and make our entire PC vulnerable is bad news bears.

Hackshield is as worthless as GameGuard. Literally change the label and there you go.
Like I said, great barriers until you move the barriers to the side of the road. I do it in pretty much every game that features it simply because they annoy me and in generalI have the experience of causing loss in performance.

So far Xigncode3 hasn't annoyed me one bit though.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted

No issues with it on mine or the missus computer. We run different AV software as well.

Those who have issues with AV, can't you create an exception for this so that you don't have to disable your AV?