• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Please remove Xigncode3 from the game.

100 posts in this topic

Posted

windows comes with an anti virus and anti malware system in place called windows defender, use that its great tbh.. havent had any issues as far as the anticheat bd system goes, don't see a reason to get rid of it.

Posted

As I've said, there's a reason Blizzard doesn't use something like this. It's junk.

Because they dont use client side anything. And still have 25mill a month in sub fees to keep a security team fed and in hookers.

Posted

No issues with it on mine or the missus computer. We run different AV software as well.

Those who have issues with AV, can't you create an exception for this so that you don't have to disable your AV?

In BitDefender's case, it is not the antivirus that has a problem with Xigncode, it is Xigncode that has a problem with the antivirus.

1 person likes this

Posted

In BitDefender's case, it is not the antivirus that has a problem with Xigncode, it is Xigncode that has a problem with the antivirus.

That's unfortunate. So an exception wont help.

I know its a bit of a faff but can bitdefender be switched back on after the game has loaded?

Posted

That's unfortunate. So an exception wont help.

I know its a bit of a faff but can bitdefender be switched back on after the game has loaded?

Unfortunately, no. Xigncode seems to be pretty vigilant in its search for suspicious activity. For me, the game usually takes around 5 minutes to close once it detects BitDefender. I haven't tested this extensively, but I suspect that Xigncode is constantly scanning for reasons to close your game.

Posted

Unfortunately, no. Xigncode seems to be pretty vigilant in its search for suspicious activity. For me, the game usually takes around 5 minutes to close once it detects BitDefender. I haven't tested this extensively, but I suspect that Xigncode is constantly scanning for reasons to close your game.

I was looking at xigncode3, it's actually very invasive and can search your entire computer.

Posted

isnt wow the most hacked video game of all time ?no ? oh okay.
lols you'Re funny.

Hack and bot are 2 different things.

wow is full of bot, but not so many hacker/cheater

Posted

I was looking at xigncode3, it's actually very invasive and can search your entire computer.

All the more reason why it would be nice if it was gone. I had gone back and forth with Black Desert technical support on the issue, and it seems like they don't really understand xigncode a whole lot. Understandable, since it is third party, but, on the other hand, xigncode technical support is downright unhelpful and unresponsive.

Posted (edited)

All the more reason why it would be nice if it was gone. I had gone back and forth with Black Desert technical support on the issue, and it seems like they don't really understand xigncode a whole lot. Understandable, since it is third party, but, on the other hand, xigncode technical support is downright unhelpful and unresponsive.

Well actual xigncode3 initialization is easy to bypass, the main issue is like dev said in previous quote, the heartbeat. The heartbeat is basically the server sending packets to the client in order to verify that the xigncode3 is actually running, if not, you will be kicked off the game. The only way to bypass this is by emulating/spoofing the return packet to server to make it think its running. So, as an anti-cheat in certain cases, ie, prevent .dll injection, it is effective. I would say more so it needs to be tuned down, a lot of its features end up being too excessive, it should only be looking within the memory of the gamespace its trying to protect and not outside it.

Edited by Azwraith

Posted (edited)

Well actual xigncode3 initialization is easy to bypass, the main issue is like dev said in previous quote, the heartbeat. The heartbeat is basically the server sending packets to the client in order to verify that the xigncode3 is actually running, if not, you will be kicked off the game. The only way to bypass this is by emulating/spoofing the return packet to server to make it think its running. So, as an anti-cheat in certain cases, ie, prevent .dll injection, it is effective. I would say more so it needs to be tuned down, a lot of its features end up being too excessive, it should only be looking within the memory of the gamespace its trying to protect and not outside it.

The initialization is easy to bypass? When I tried that once, the game told me I was unable to be authenticated or something of the sort.

EDIT: On a side note, if what you say about the heartbeat is accurate, a skilled individual would be able to write up some code to spoof the return packet, effectively rendering the entire security useless. So, on top of it getting in the way of legitimate users, there is already a possible security hole.

Edited by Strelok

Posted (edited)

The initialization is easy to bypass? When I tried that once, the game told me I was unable to be authenticated or something of the sort.

EDIT: On a side note, if what you say about the heartbeat is accurate, a skilled individual would be able to write up some code to spoof the return packet, effectively rendering the entire security useless. So, on top of it getting in the way of legitimate users, there is already a possible security hole.

well, most anti-cheats are easy to bypass because all you have to do is edit the initialization function so the actual anti-hack never even loads. Gameguard is an example of one of the worst of these because it doesn't even have a heartbeat. I am not saying it's impossible to be bypassed because I don't like dealing in absolutes. I'm saying that heartbeat adds a very high level of difficulty to reversing, while having to keep up with patches that may change how the packets are ciphered, that, it's a very good deterrent to people trying to hack the game. So basically, if our version has heartbeat, it's good, if not, it's a PoS. Can people still hack the game? absolutely. If xigncode3 doesn't detect your hack, it doesn't matter if you bypass heartbeat or not since you don't even need to disable it then.

also are you sure its not bitdefender detecting the igncode3 as a potential virus because it acts like a rootkit that's causing the issue?
edit: nope, it's the opposite. 

So yeah I like xigncode3 for its heartbeat, but, I do not like how it goes to the extent of searching your computer for things that end up being pointless.

Edited by Azwraith

Posted

also are you sure its not bitdefender detecting the igncode3 as a potential virus because it acts like a rootkit that's causing the issue?

Oh, absolutely. Both Xigncode and BD support have said that Xigncode doesn't like BitDefender. At the time when I was having the issues, I ran a full scan using BitDefender and nothing even came up. To be sure, I even scanned Xigncode specifically. Plus, I get a xigncode error saying that "malware has been detected." Handing the xigncode logs over to support further confirmed this. Like I said previously, since my employers manage the AV, The only choice I had was uninstalling it. (because I don't have the power to simply stop it for a moment) Right after uninstall, sure enough, the game launches without problems.

Posted (edited)

I see, so it's just a conflict between security programs.

I'd be annoyed too if I had to disable mine.

Let me enlighten you. It's not just security. Look at that https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/33xzhp/black_desert_launcher_batch_file_for_64_bit_users/ 

So far thats the only thing that help me launch the game back again after being crashed by this piece of shit Xigncode. 

Edited by Scarcrow

Posted

As I've said, there's a reason Blizzard doesn't use something like this. It's junk.

Blizzard does use something like this, it's called Warden. They built it themselves and have got in serious trouble in the past because of how intrusive it is.

Posted (edited)

I'm also running into this Xingcode issue, so I'm pro get rid of it too. I've got Logitech keyboard/mouse/headset, Thrustmaster for my Joystick, and it's annoying having Xingcode kick me off for no reason. While I'm AFK running a horse. 

Granted if they set the settings to just "Game Space" I'd be ok with that but if I load up a cheat code system for a single player game it pops up acting like I'm trying to mess with BDO...I really hate this kind of crap!

Edited by indomidable

Posted

It seems to me that the same rationales being used to argue against Xigncode could be used with equal validity to argue that everyone should remove the locks from their cars and homes. After all, they're just an extra hassle for getting in--especially if you have your hands full with groceries--and they wouldn't stop a determined expert anyway.

1 person likes this

Posted

I just recently started having this thing act weird. Claims there was something suspicious on my machine, claiming I needed to run a scan, and made me restart the game. Game went down at least once more for that reason, and has since just crashed due to apparently random memory leaks or something. I don't even know anymore, but it all started with that first XIGNCODE error.

Posted

These anti cheat programs always cause lag/performance issues and connection issues. This is why few games that start out with them ever keep them it is just not worth the headache of all the complaints that can easily be avoided by not using this virus software in their games. Never mind that no one should have the right to tell me what I must run on my computer to use their services. Hackers have never been and never will be slowed down by these programs yet we the legit user have to deal with the poor performance and connection issues they always cause.

Posted

Any client side protection is a sign of a bad coding. Pro companies that actually go actively against cheaters do not use this kind of crap. Everything can be catched server side and Xcode cause nothing but problems. I must run my PC without any antivius protection because everytime it issued a back ground scan (at night) Xcode was in conflict with it and DCed me.

Posted

These anti-cheat programs have caused massive issues for games in the past. Third party anticheat software is just bad for business. Take notes from Blizzard they don't use this stuff.

GameGuard had issues with AION and was removed.

HackShield had issues with ArcheAge (lawsuits were threatened due to it being a rootkit) and was removed. https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2hyt4e/an_open_letter_to_trion_worlds_and_the_archeage/

U need to understand the reason we have it is because it's shipped with the bdo build that's sent to kakao. The reason that they have it in kr is because hacking would lead to what is basically ur social security number which u use to sign up for stuff being flagged, these programs don't really stop u from doing anything, they just log what ur doing so u can be identified but in NA we don't sign up using our social but they ship it anyway because it gives the illusion that there is security and the illusion of security is very worthwhile to have for a company.

Posted

Holy necro!

Posted

Disable your driver signature and you can play without any problems. Windows 10 must of updated because now I don't need to do this in order to play BDO.

Posted (edited)

You dont need to use a game shield when you had your game properly programmed/important things server side.

Afaik black desert has a lot of client side things. So it definitely needs some form of guard. Because otherwise even average joe could use cheat engine and do 1337 things

Because they dont use client side anything. And still have 25mill a month in sub fees to keep a security team fed and in hookers.

"Security team" or subs doesnt matter. Its how you create your game.
 Tera doesnt have any security either. You can inject whatever you want and nothing will change (except maybe client side boobs)

Edited by Salbe

Posted

This Xigncode blocks me from opening Diablo 3 while I afk fish!

Please remove this useless thing!

Posted

These anti-cheat programs have caused massive issues for games in the past. Third party anticheat software is just bad for business. Take notes from Blizzard they don't use this stuff.

GameGuard had issues with AION and was removed.

HackShield had issues with ArcheAge (lawsuits were threatened due to it being a rootkit) and was removed. https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2hyt4e/an_open_letter_to_trion_worlds_and_the_archeage/

And what are these issues?

This Xigncode blocks me from opening Diablo 3 while I afk fish!

Please remove this useless thing!

Of course it will. Why would you play D3 when you have BDO? It is the same kind of game, but BDO looks better, and have more features.

U need to understand the reason we have it is because it's shipped with the bdo build that's sent to kakao. The reason that they have it in kr is because hacking would lead to what is basically ur social security number which u use to sign up for stuff being flagged, these programs don't really stop u from doing anything, they just log what ur doing so u can be identified but in NA we don't sign up using our social but they ship it anyway because it gives the illusion that there is security and the illusion of security is very worthwhile to have for a company.

You have no slightest idea what Xigncode does.